30-Pint dehumidifiers are some of the most popular units, especially among consumers looking to address moisture issues in a single room. These dehumidifiers are compact enough to fit a small room without being too conspicuous while also powerful enough lower humidity levels to the desired setting without straining.
Above all, 30-pint dehumidifiers are some of the most technologically advanced models. It’s easier to find a 30-pint dehumidifier with app control than a 70-pint model with remote control. Let’s discuss how to find the right one for your application.
When Should You Buy a 30-Pint Dehumidifier?
Sizing a dehumidifier is a straightforward process. Although these appliances come in all shapes and sizes, they are divided into four main categories;
- 70-pint dehumidifiers: Dehumidifiers rated 70 pints/hour or higher are ideal for extra-large applications spanning 4,500 Sq. Ft. or more. They are often found in basements, crawlspaces and are also used for whole-home dehumidification.
- 50-69-Pint dehumidifiers: 50-pint models or any other models between 50 and 70 PPD are mid-range dehumidifiers designed for single but large rooms inside the main house between 1,500 Sq. Ft. and 4,500 Sq. Ft. They are mostly found in living rooms and bedrooms.
- 30-49-pint dehumidifiers: 30-pint dehumidifiers are smaller, thus ideal for smaller rooms below 1,500 Sq. Ft. More importantly, they’re often used as supplementary dehumidifiers where a whole-home dehumidification system already exists.
- 29 PPD and below: Dehumidifiers rated below 30 pints/day are called personal dehumidifiers. They aren’t designed to serve an entire room, no matter how small. Instead, they serve individual users by making the small area around you dry and comfortable.
Condenser vs. Desiccant Dehumidifiers
Before we discuss the main factors to consider when choosing a 30-pint dehumidifier, it’s important to understand how dehumidifiers work. Nearly all 30-pint dehumidifiers are either condenser or desiccant units.
- Condenser dehumidifiers
Condenser dehumidifiers work like air conditioners by levering very cold refrigerant lines. A fan inside the dehumidifier draws stale, damp air from the room and passes it over the cold refrigerant lines. As the air passes over the lines, moisture in the air is condensed.
The condensed water is collected in a condensate bucket. When the bucket is full, you can detach it from the rest of the dehumidifier and empty it at the nearest sink. Some models also support continuous drainage via a hose. Some even use a push to force the condensate out.
A key advantage of condenser dehumidifiers is high efficiency. Condenser models remove moisture to a higher degree. The air coming out at the other end is much drier than when you use a desiccant dehumidifier.
- Desiccant dehumidifiers
Desiccant dehumidifiers use chemical attraction instead of condensation to remove moisture from the air. The most vital element in the desiccant dehumidifier is a desiccant wheel. The desiccant wheel is a honeycomb-like structure comprising a network of small airways lined with silica gel.
When the humidifier is turned on, a blower system inside the unit forces air into the unit and through the rotating desiccant wheel where the silica gel absorbs the moisture in the air. It then releases about 75% of the air back into your room while the remaining 25% is heated and driven out of the dehumidifier.
The primary advantage of desiccant dehumidifiers is environmental friendliness. Unlike condenser dehumidifiers, desiccant models don’t use environmental-degrading refrigerants. Also, desiccant dehumidifiers are typically lighter and more compact.
Factors to Consider When Buying a 30-Pint Dehumidifier
Whether you’re interested in a desiccant or condenser dehumidifier, consider prioritizing the following factors;
- Size of the room: The size of the room directly affects the size of the dehumidifier you need. As discussed earlier, 30-pint dehumidifiers are best suited to applications 1,500 Sq. Ft. If it’s a larger room, consider a 50-pint model or higher. However, if you’re looking to dehumidify the small area around you, a personal dehumidifier rated 29 PPD or below would suffice.
- Dehumidifier tank size: The size of the tank is critical as it determines how often you’ll empty the unit. A small tank fills up faster, necessitating more frequent empty cycles. Since a tank too big may also increase the dehumidifier’s overall size, consider models with 0.5 gallons to about 2.0 gallons.
- Condensate drain method: There are two broad ways to drain dehumidifier condensate – manually and continuously. Manual draining involves detaching the tank and manually emptying it at the sink. Meanwhile, continuous drainage involves the use of a hose drain to remove the water. Continuous drain units can employ gravity draining or pump draining.
- Humidistat and thermostat: The best dehumidifiers are integrated with a humidistat for easy humidity monitoring. More importantly, remember that you’ll still need a humidistat anyway. If the dehumidifier doesn’t come with one, you’ll need to buy it separately.
- Features and controls: This is where dehumidifiers differ the most. Nevertheless, a few features are more important than the others. A digital LCD, for instance, is critical to the appliance’s ease of use. Auto-shutoff and auto-defrost are two other critical features. Also, consider auto-restart, timer, and remote/smart controls.
- Warranty and others: The best dehumidifiers have a warranty. Even it’s just one year, that’s better than getting no warranty at all. For condenser models, you want at least 24 months on the sealed/condenser system. Other factors to consider are customer support, aesthetic factors, and physical size.
Best 30 Pint Dehumidifiers – Reviews
The following are eight of the best 30-pint dehumidifiers to consider. Pay special attention to the features, drain methods, and warranty.
1. Soleus Air Model DS1-30-01B 30-Pint Portable Dehumidifier
- Portable dehumidifier removes up to 30 pints of moisture per 24 hours
- MyHome Mode offers preprogrammed humidity levels for basement, living and sleeping spaces
- Continuous Mode with garden hose connector offers continuous low-level drainage (garden hose NOT included)
- Digital humidistat displays set humidity level and current room humidity level
- 3-speed fan circulates air at speeds of low, medium and high
Let’s begin with the only dehumidifier in this list with an electric drain pump – the model DS1 from Soleus. It’s rated 30 PPD under the new DOE standards but can remove up to 70 pints in 90% RH, 95˚F conditions.
It also comes with a huge 14.8-gallon condensate bucket. If you’re looking for an appliance that can serve you for a full day without worrying about a full tank, this is it.
The pump drain option makes it a very convenient dehumidifier. Continuous drain via a pump allows the user to empty the dehumidifier through the window or any other raised locations. However, it also supports gravity drain if the unit is located on a raised surface and manual drain where you manually detach the tank for emptying.
Standout features of the model DS1 from Soleus include the auto-defrost feature to melt accumulated ice, an auto-restart function that remembers all your settings after a power outage, and a filter indicator light.
It also has a programmable timer and child lock function. Child lock controls prevent accidental changes to your settings. The lock indicator lights up when the lock function is on.
This dehumidifier is Energy Star certified and comes with three-speed levels. It’s backed by a 1-year parts warranty and a 5-year compressor warranty.
- Powerful dehumidifier for up to 1,500 Sq. Ft.
- Full bucket auto-shutoff
- Convenient MyHome mode
- Energy Star certified
- 5-year sealed-system warranty
- Most expensive on this list
- Drain hose sold separately
2. Black + Decker BDT30WTB 30-Pint Dehumidifier
- 3000 SQUARE FOOT COVERAGE: This portable dehumidifier (13.19“ x 9.65” x 19.88”) covers up to 3000 sq. ft. Our compact safe humidifier (32.67 lbs.) reduces humidity and dust in your home and removes up to 30 pints a day with an 8-pint removable tank.
- NVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: This Energy Star dehumidifier comes with a removeable, washable mesh filter. Unlike many commercial dehumidifiers, this humidity controller uses environmentally friendly R4110a refrigerant at 4.76 oz.
- SAFETY ENSURED: This dehumidifier has 8-pint bucket comes with a water level indicator. Built-in indicator light and audible alert system notifies when full. This device also comes with 3.28 ft. drain hose for continuous (high to low) feed drain.
- SMART TECHNOLOGY: Our dehumidifier small has top mounted electronic control panel with adjustable humidistat with LED digital display. Operating temperature is 41° – 89.6° Fahrenheit with adjustable humidistat at 35%-80%.
- QUALITY GUARANTEE: This RV dehumidifier also comes with a 1-year warranty for parts and labor for manufacturing defects only. This dehumidifier for home also comes with 4 casters so you can easily transport into any room up to 3000 sq. ft.
This dehumidifier from Black + Decker is a favorite among consumers shopping for a medium-sized unit. It removes 30 pints per hour and comes with an 8-pint tank.
These stats make it a good choice for rooms up to 1,000 square feet. Although it’s best suited to indoor applications, including bedroom and kitchen dehumidification, it also works well in RVs and boats.
It’s an Energy Star certified appliance, which says everything about its energy efficiency. It also uses an environment-friendly R410a refrigerant. An LED light will alert you when the tank is full.
There’s also a special LED that lights up when it’s time to wash the built-in filters. Simply wash the filters with warm soapy water. Then dry and reinstall them.
Drainage is via two options – manually or continuously. Manual drainage involves carrying the 8-pint condensate tank to the sink, while continuous drainage involves attaching a drain hose for stress-free emptying. The required 3.28-foot drain hose is included.
Other key features of the model BDT30WTB dehumidifier from Black and Decker include recessed handles and rolling caster wheels for easy mobility. It has a 24-hour timer, an auto-defrost and auto-restart feature, and two fan speed levels. It’s also very lightweight at just 32.7 pounds.
- Caster wheels and recessed handles
- Energy Star certified
- Manual and continuous drain
- 3.27-foot drain hose included
- Top-mounted LCD control panel
- No remote/smart controls
- No drain pump
3. TOSOT Model GDN20AZ-A3EBA2A 1,500 Sq. Ft. Energy Star Dehumidifier
- 1,500 SQ FT: Removes up to 20 pints (30 pints 2012 DOE) of water every 24 hours. Whether you are using this Energy-Star Dehumidifier in the basement, bathroom, bedroom, or garage, it will quickly remove moisture without driving up your utility bill
- DRAINAGE OPTIONS: Our spill-proof bucket has a 1 gallon capacity and a beeping reminder to empty the drain bucket. If carrying buckets is not your thing, connect a 3/4 drain hose (not included) to remove water into a sump pump or floor drain
- REAL-TIME MONITORING: After choosing a target, the control panel will display the current humidity level. The unit will power off after reaching the target you set. If you choose nonstop mode, the dehumidifier will run regardless of the current humidity
- SILENT OPERATION: This dehumidifier is so quiet you might forget it's there. A peak sound level of 48 decibels will be almost as quiet as a private suburban street or a normal conversation at home
- 20 YEARS' EXPERIENCE: As the largest residential AC producer in the world, we have a pretty good idea about how to make quality products. If you have any problems or concerns, our customer service team is happy to assist you
This unit from TOSOT, i.e., the model GDN20AZ-A3EBA2A dehumidifier, is rated 30-pints at saturation, meaning that it removes slightly less moisture under the new DOE standards.
However, it’s another very good option when shopping for a dehumidifier for a small to medium-sized room. It’s also Energy Star certified, so you can already tell that it’s very kind on power bills.
The unit has a 1-gallon, spill-proof water tank. A beeping reminder is activated when the tank is almost full and continuous to beep until you turn off the dehumidifier or detach the tank for emptying. You can easily carry the bucket to the sink for emptying. It also supports continuous draining. The required ¾ inch drain hose is sold separately.
A top-mounted control panel allows you to monitor every step of the dehumidification process. Whether it’s the inlet or outlet temperature, or the current humidity level, you can track them all on the control panel.
Other functions on the control panel are the check filter LED and auto-restart function that ensures the appliance resumes operation at the previous setting after a power outage.
This dehumidifier is very quiet at just 48 decibels, making it ideal for bedrooms and study rooms. A 1-year manufacturer warranty backs it.
- Very quiet at 48 dB
- Energy Star certified
- Features washable air filter
- Manual and continuous drain
- 1-year warranty
- Drain hose sold separately
- No electric pump
4. Yaufey 1750 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier for Home and Basements
- PROFESSIONAL AND EFFICIENT DEHUMIDIFICATION- With removal capacity of up to remove up to 32.7 pints (under 95°F,90%RH condition) of moisture per day. (Please note: under 95°F,90%RH condition,the max dehumidification capacity up to 32.7 pints) , it is an energy-efficient dehumidifier which is suitable for basement, home, bathroom, bedroom, garage, and other indoor spaces up to 1750 Sq.Ft.
- CONVENIENT AND SIMPLE TO USE- Home appliances never need to be complicated, so our Dehumidifier isn’t. It features a light-touch intelligent control panel, which let you see the operating settings at a glance. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the 1.8L tank is full, at which point it will automatically shut-off. Tired of manual drainage? There’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining. The 2-meter long drain hose is included
- MULTIPLE HUMANIZED FEATURES-You can select between regular and turbo fan speeds for optimal comfort. The low-noise design will get you far away from the disturbing noise when sleeping or studying. The removable and washable filter means easy maintenance — Simply clean it regularly and then recycle. Program the 24-hour timer to suit your lifestyle and save energy costs. All of them can ensure you to have the best possible experience with our dehumidifier
- EASY TO MOVE AND CARRY-Many mini dehumidifiers are portable but the dehumidification capacity is not ideal, however, many dehumidifiers with better capacity are clunky and hard to move. We took this into full consideration when designing. The convenient built-in wheels and handles make our dehumidifier so easy to move from one room to another. It guarantees efficient dehumidification while being as easy to carry as many mini dehumidifiers. So good!
- 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - You should probably choose the most suitable dehumidifier instead of the cheapest or the most expensive. We are confident you'll love our Dehumidifier. All of Yaufey Dehumidifiers are covered with 30-Days Money Back Guarantee, 1 Year Warranty , 2nd Year Extension Warranty after your product been registered and lifetime support. Please email us if there is any issue, we will reply to you within 12 hours and help you solve the problem
This unit from Yaufey removes up to 32.7 pints per day in saturated conditions (90% RH and 95˚F). It’s also energy-efficient, though it’s not Energy Star certified. The 1.8-Liter tank (about half a gallon) isn’t as large as we’d like.
However, this dehumidifier supports continuous drain, so you don’t even need to worry about the tank’s size. The manufacturer recommends it for applications up to 1,750 square feet.
But, there’s a lot more to know about the dehumidifier. For one, it’s a two-speed unit. You can choose the regular fan speed or turbo mode. In turbo mode, the moisture removal process is accelerated to dry up your room faster.
It also has a 24-hour timer that you can set as you wish for hands-free dehumidification over 24 hours. Above all, it’s one of the quietest 30-pint dehumidifiers at 43dB. Even at the highest speeds, it still produces less than 46 decibels.
A “bucket full” indicator LED lights up when the tank is almost full. Simultaneously, an audible alarm will sound a reminder. However, if you choose the continuous drain option, these alerts may not be needed. The required 6.56-foot drain hose is included in the package.
- Manual and continuous drain options
- Four durable caster wheels
- Includes washable filters
- Auto-defrost and auto-restart
- Safety auto-shutoff
- 1-year warranty
- No pump drain option
5. IVATION IVALDH30PW 30-Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier
- This Compressor Dehumidifier Keeps Spaces Up to 1,500 Sq. Ft. Cool & Comfortable by Removing 22 Pints of Moisture/Day (30 Pint according to the old DOE [Department of Energy] standards, in 2019 this was classified as 30 pint and it now needs to be classified as 22 pint but IT REMOVED THE SAME MOISTURE AS THE OLD 30 PINT)
- Built-In Humidity Sensor - The LCD accurately displays the current humidity level in the room, enabling you to set your ideal levels for automatic moisture control
- Low Maintenance & Easy Operation; Simply Plug-In, Select Settings & Empty 1.3 Gallon Reservoir
- Bright LED Display Indicates Humidistat & Setting, Fan Speed, Timer, Filter Alert & More
- Highlights Include Eco-Efficiency (ENERGY STAR Certified), Casters, Auto-Defrost, & Auto-Restart
The IVATION model IVALDH30PW is a compressor dehumidifier that uses very cold refrigerant lines to condense and remove moisture from your indoor air. It’s a compact 31-pound appliance. It’s also a beautiful appliance. Though this specific option is a 30-pint model, there are two other options – a 22-pint and 50-pint model.
The simple LCD interface makes it easy to keep an eye on your humidity levels and set your ideal levels. You can also adjust the fan speed, program the 24-hour timer, and receive important filter and reservoir alerts from the control panel.
The reservoir is 0.8 gallons, equivalent to about 3.0 liters, and has built-in handles for easy carrying. The transparent water level indicator is another feature worth mentioning.
If you’d wish to drain the water continuously, use the optional hose adapter to connect the unit to your garden hose. Otherwise, the unit will go off automatically when it’s almost full to prevent water overflow. Thanks to the auto-defrost feature, this dehumidifier can work down to very low temperatures.
The dehumidifier is Energy Star certified and fitted with caster wheels for easy mobility. It comes with an auto-restart feature in case of a power interruption.
- Small but powerful, for up to 2,000 Sq. Ft.
- Includes handles and rolling casters
- User-friendly control panel
- Auto-shutoff and auto-restart
- No electric pump drain
- No remote control
6. VACPLUS 30-Pint Dehumidifier with Continuous Drainage and Auto Shutoff
- PROFESSIONAL & EFFICIENT DEHUMIDIFICATION: Compared with the other mini dehumidifier, Vacplus dehumidifiers-(VA1903) for home with 1350ml capacity can quickly and quietly remove up to 30 pints ( under 90% RH @ 86°F condition) of moisture from the air per day. The effect of dehumidification is affected by the flow of air, the smaller space means more obvious effect. Besides, the amount of dehumidification may change with temperatures and humidity environment.
- AUTO SHUTOFF & 2 DRAINAGE MODES: Vacplus Dehumidifier for basements can automatically shut off, and the Indicator will turn on until the 1.35L tank is full. Tired of manual drainage? By using the dehumidifier drain hose connection to empty water into your floor drain, you don't have to empty the collected water by hand anymore! The 1-meter long hose is included. Perfect for bathroom, basements, RV, closet bedroom, etc.
- CONVENIENT & EASY TO USE: Vacplus bathroom dehumidifier provides you with timing Shutdown/Start-up function - you can program the 24-hour timer to suit your lifestyle. What's more, this dehumidifier is surprisingly energy-saving, won't rack up your energy bill. And the convenient universal wheels make our closet dehumidifer easy to move.
- LOW-NOISE & OPTIONAL MODES: The 36 dB average sound and adjustable fan speed & humidity will get you far away from the disturbing noise when sleeping or studying - suitable for baby, pregnant woman, the old... This dehumidifier for bedroom also provides drying clothes and dehumidify mode for you to choose. Efficiently dry clothes with ONE button.
- WIDE APPLICATION: The versatile Vacplus dehumidifier suits bedrooms,livingrooms, diningrooms, attics, basements, and garages well. It efficiently removes the moisture while effectively reduces the musty odor in your home, providing you with adry and comfortable environment.
If compactness is one of your key priorities, though, this unit from VACPLUS is the smallest unit (physically) on this list. It measures about 11.3 x 6.7 x 19.7 inches and weighs a mere 20.9 pounds.
The design is also very attractive, with the black and white surfaces combining neatly. Four rolling caster wheels and recessed handles make the unit very easy to move around.
Unfortunately, the ultra-compact size means that this dehumidifier has the smallest condensate tank of all the products in this list at 1.35 liters. The good news is that your drainage options aren’t limited to waiting for the tank to fill. You can opt for continuous drainage to empty the unit automatically. The required 1-meter hose is included.
This dehumidifier’s standout features include a 24-hour timer and drying mode that you can use to dry your clothes. We also love that it comes with washable filters. Remember to clean the filters at least once every three months with soap and running water. The dehumidifier is rated 36 dB, making it one of the quieter options around.
This product comes with a 2-year limited manufacturer warranty, within which period buyers are guaranteed a replacement or full refund.
- Powerful at 30 pints/day
- Low noise, up to 36 dB
- Auto-shutoff and auto-restart
- Manual or continuous drain
- 2-year warranty
- No electric pump drain
- Small, 1.35-liter tank
7. Inofia 30-Pint Dehumidifier for 1,500 Sq. Ft. Small and Medium-Size Rooms
- ✔️『Efficient Moisture Removal』With high-efficiency compressor and fan, Inofia home dehumidifier PD161C can remove up to 30 pints of moisture per day at low noise, being great quiet dehumidifiers for basements and any small to medium rooms up to 1,500 sq ft.
- ✔️『Intelligent Humidity Control』Simply set your desired humidity level between 30% and 80%, this 30 pint dehumidifier will automatically maintain pre-set humidity levels by Auto-OFF when the set humidity reached and Auto-ON when the room humidity raised.
- ✔️『Unique Modern Design』With a unique slim figure and aesthetically pleasing finish, this compact room dehumidifier fits neatly and unobtrusively into any home decor, no matter living room or office. ABS housing is for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- ✔️『User-friendly Operation』A digital LCD displaying humidity and temperature readout and working status for easier operation. This electric dehumidifier will Auto-off when water bucket if full to prevent overflow. And, this dehumidifier with drain hose (6.56 ft long) can self drain continuously by gravity.
- ✔️『Automatic Continuous Operation』Both Auto-defrost feature that allows this basement dehumidifier to keep running at low temperature down to 41ºF and Memory feature that makes this dehumidifier to auto-restart after a power interruption ensure continuous worry-free operation under less supervision.
If you’ve shopped for a medium-sized dehumidifier before, it’s likely that you’ve come across the model PD161C from Inofia. It’s another very compact unit at 8.3 x 12.2 x 17.3 inches and weighing a mere 23.8 pounds. However, it has a slightly larger condensate tank (3.8-pint) than the VACPLUS above. It’s also recommended for larger areas, up to 1,500 square feet.
The adjustable dehumidifier has a built-in humidistat that lets you set the desired humidity level between 30% and 80% in increments of 5%. It’s also intelligent enough to sense and smartly maintain the selected humidity level accurately. Two fan speeds – low and high – allow you to select the rate of dry moisture release.
Other key features include an auto-defrost function that detects and melts away ice from the frozen coils and an auto error-detection feature to assist with troubleshooting. All errors are displayed on the LCD control panel.
You’ll also note a 3-minute compressor delay function that delays compressor action to protect the entire unit from overheating and the circuit breaker from tripping.
This dehumidifier supports manual and continuous hose draining and comes with a 12-month limited manufacturer warranty.
- Compact and lightweight design
- Features 24-hour timer
- Auto-shutoff and auto-defrost
- 12-month warranty
- Very affordable
- No smart controls
8. COLZER 30-Pint Dehumidifier, 1,500 Sq. Ft. with 5.3-Pint Water Bucket
- 💧「30 Pints Dehumidifier」Removing up to 30 pints moisture from the air per day, COLZER dehumidifier HD09A are high-efficiency dehumidifiers for basements, living rooms, bathrooms, garages, motor homes, apartment and small to medium rooms up to 1,500 sq ft.
- 💧「Unique Laundry-Dry Mode」Besides the conventional DEHUMIDIFY Mode, this ETL listed home dehumidifier features a unique Laundry-Dry Mode to quickly dry your delicate clothes that require hang dry. This mode keeps the compressor activated indefinitely which is also great for quickly reducing humidity in a space.
- 💧「Advanced Control Panel」The advanced LED digital control panel allows you to set an exact humidity percentage, program 24-hour on/off timer, adjust the fan speed. Humidity reading displays both on the top and front for maximized convenience.
- 💧「Manual or Auto Drain」This smart dehumidifier will AUTO OFF along with audible and visible alarm when the 5.3-Pint water tank is full. Plus, this basement dehumidifier with drain hose (6.56 ft long) included offers automatically continuous drain by gravity.
- 💧「Portable Dehumidifier」With easy-roll hidden casters and side recessed handles, this compact dehumidifier is easy to move from room to room. Boasting a stylish outlook, this high efficiency dehumidifier will fit nicely in any room of your home or office.
The model HD09A from COLZER is a 5.3-gallon bucket dehumidifier designed for living rooms, bedrooms, bathrooms, and even garages and motor homes. It’s ideal for applications not exceeding 1,500 square feet.
Aside from normal dehumidification operations, it also has a unique Dry Mode to dry out your delicate clothes. In the dry mode, the dehumidifier runs indefinitely until the room’s moisture levels fall to the desired level.
A dark LCD control panel displays the current humidity setting and has touch button controls so you can change the humidistat settings with ease. Remember that you can program the humidistat to run at a selected setting for up to 24 hours. The control panel also houses the fan speed controls.
As with all modern dehumidifiers, this unit supports both manual and continuous drain. The 5.3-pint water tank detaches with ease for manual emptying. However, you can also connect the included 2-meter (6.56-foot) drain hose for continuous drainage. An auto-defrost function keeps the unit running down to 41˚F. It won’t run below 41˚F.
In case of a power interruption or outage, the unit resumes operations at the previous settings, thanks to an auto-restart function.
- Two digital displays – front and top
- Two working modes – smart and dry
- Two drainage options – manual and continuous
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- No remote control
- No electric pump drain
What should I look for when buying a dehumidifier? Factors to prioritize when buying a dehumidifier include the capacity of the dehumidifier in pints/day, the size of your room/application in square feet, and the size of the tank in gallons.
Do dehumidifiers use a lot of electricity? Unfortunately, yes. Dehumidifiers use quite a bit of electricity. The average 70-pint unit consumes about $120 worth of electricity every year, running 8 hours a day.
What’s the average lifespan of a dehumidifier? The average lifespan of a dehumidifier is 7.5 years. Most units last between five and ten years. However, with proper care, a dehumidifier can last more than 15 years.
Can a single dehumidifier do a whole house? Yes, a single dehumidifier can serve an entire house. However, you’ll need one of those high-capacity units rated 70 PPD or higher. Some units are rated as high as 180 PPD and can serve over 7,000 square feet.
Is it safe to leave a dehumidifier on all night? Yes, it’s safe to run a dehumidifier overnight. Indeed, it might even be recommendable, especially if you have issues falling asleep due to allergic reactions. However, you need an ultra-quiet unit. Also, beware that running the unit overnight increases your energy bills.
30-pint dehumidifiers are the ideal choice for small rooms below 1,500 square feet. They also make excellent supplementary moisture removers if your whole-home dehumidifier doesn’t seem sufficient.
However, you still need to find the right one, given that not all applications are the same. It’s vital to choose based on the exact area of the room (in square feet).