That you’ve determined you need a 50-pint dehumidifier to solve your humidity problems is already a big step. Many consumers struggle to determine the right size dehumidifier for their needs.
Even worse, some end up picking an under or oversize dehumidifier, leading to adverse consequences, including unnecessarily high power bills.
However, your work isn’t done yet. You now need to pick from the hundreds of 50-pint dehumidifier models on the market.
Although you’ll need to bring you’re A-game here, too, it should be a relatively straightforward process if you’re keen. This guide should make your work even easier.
Do I Need a Dehumidifier?
Yes, you likely do. Many times the summer weather and even cooler seasons come with excessive moisture conditions. In some climates, humidity levels can rise beyond 100% Relative Humidity (RH).
Here’s why you need a dehumidifier in such conditions;
- Improve general comfort: You won’t ever be truly comfortable in your home until you achieve a good balance of temperature and humidity. It doesn’t matter if you lower the temperatures to 65˚F. High moisture levels can still leave you sweating. Dehumidification is the only way to resolve this problem.
- Quality, longer sleep: Studies show that we enjoy the highest quality of sleep at humidity levels between 30% and 60%. You’ll also sleep longer. At higher humidity levels, you’ll take longer to fall asleep and may struggle to achieve quality REM and NREM sleep.
- Prevent allergic reactions: High humidity levels create the perfect breeding ground for mold and mildew. These two microorganisms can cause all sorts of issues, including allergic reactions and damage to your wallpaper. Before you know it, you’ll be sneezing incessantly and experiencing all kinds of nasal irritation.
- Prevent damage to your walls: We’ve already seen that excess moisture can damage your wallpaper. It rarely ends there. Over time, the dripping condensate can damage the paint on the wall and even seep into the wall’s core. Whenever it gets to this point, the water may even compromise the structural integrity of your home.
What Size Dehumidifier Do I Need?
It depends on several factors, including the size of the application (room, home, etc.), the room’s condition, and the general climate in your area.
- Room size (in Sq. Ft.): Generally, you need a 30-pint dehumidifier for small applications, up to 1,500 square feet, and a 50-pint unit for medium-sized applications between 1,500 and 4,500 square feet. For large applications, consider a 70-pint dehumidifier.
- Condition of the room: The condition of the room touches on factors such as insulation levels and the general air-tightness. A room with three doors and four windows, for instance, may require more dehumidification than one with one door and one window. Older homes also typically require more dehumidification because they seem more warm air.
- Climatic conditions: This mostly depends on your location. People in hotter climates experience more humidity, thus require more dehumidification. You may need a 50-pint dehumidifier for a 500 square foot room in such areas when a 30-pint unit would be more than sufficient for the same room size in a cooler climate.
- Other factors: Other critical factors to consider when sizing a dehumidifier include the number of occupants (how many people typically use the area) and the application type. For instance, a basement may need more dehumidification than the living room. Crawlspaces also need stronger dehumidification.
What to Look for When Buying a 50-pint Dehumidifier
Even two 50-pint dehumidifier models from the same manufacturer are rarely similar. So, how do you choose the best one? Consider the following;
Manual or continuous drain?
Dehumidifiers condense water, which is collected in a special bucket/tank. There are two main ways to empty this basin/tank to prevent water overflow – manually and continuously. Manual draining means physically carrying the tank to the sink to empty it, while continuous drain entails using a special drain hose to automatically and continuously empty the water.
Presence of drain pump
Continuous drain dehumidifiers can operate based on gravity or via an electric pump. Electric pump units are a much better choice because you don’t have to place the dehumidifier in a raised location. Also, pump drain systems are generally more powerful and reliable.
Size of the tank
The water collection tank’s size is also important as it determines the frequency of emptying the tank. A tank size too small means you’ll need to make several trips to the sink in a day. On the same note, an overly large tank isn’t too desirable either, as the tank directly affects the dehumidifier’s physical size. No one wants a bulky dehumidifier.
Presence of humidistat
The best dehumidifiers have an in-built humidistat so that you can set the desired humidity levels. Otherwise, you may have to purchase a humidistat separately. Many good units even have an onboard thermostat so you can balance the humidity and thermostat levels in your home for the most comfortable conditions.
At the very least, a dehumidifier should have a user-friendly control panel from where you can make all the settings and adjustments. However, the best manufacturers go one step further to offer remote control and even smart control via Wi-Fi. These latter two control options can be regarded as added convenience features. But they make your job a lot easier.
Features and functions
Features and functions to prioritize when shopping for a 50-pint dehumidifier include auto-defrost, auto-restart, auto-stop, and full tank LED alerts/alarms. Also, consider whether it has carry handles and caster wheels for mobility. General aesthetics, such as the color and shape of the unit, are other worthwhile considerations.
Warranty and Guarantees
Finally, every good manufacturer offers a warranty on their products, and dehumidifier companies aren’t excused. Find a dehumidifier with a reliable and long warranty. You want at least one year on general parts and labor and at least three years on the compressor (for condenser dehumidifiers).
Best 50 Pint Dehumidifiers – Reviews
We always recommend that you shop around and see what’s out there before making a purchase decision. However, if you’re in a rush, the following are eight excellent options selected by our team as the best 50-pint dehumidifiers for 2021.
1. Frigidaire High-Efficiency 50-Pint Dehumidifier with Built-in Pump
- PORTABLE DEHUMIDIFIER FOR WET ROOMS: When moisture is excessive, this dehumidifier removes up to 50 pints of water per day, drying the air quickly and efficiently. Rolling casters and integrated side handles make it easy and convenient to set up and store.
- EFFECTIVE HUMIDITY CONTROL: Fit for use in any damp spaces of the home, including attics, basements, and garages.
- RELIABLE MOISTURE REMOVAL: With custom humidity control and 3 fan speeds, it is easy to maximize your comfort level by minimizing the moisture. Automatic Shut-Off and Full Tank Alert will let you know when the 2-gallon capacity bucket needs emptying.
- BUILT-IN PUMP: Set the unit to continuous drain mode, attach a standard garden hose (not included), and breathe easy as the unit runs independently, maintaining your indoor air quality. Built-in, internal pump pushes water up to 16 feet, allowing for drainage into a sink or out a window.
- WASHABLE FILTER: Capture dust from the air and keep your dehumidifier working efficiently with our easy-to-clean washable filter.
- VOLTAGE: 115 volts
Top of the list is a gorgeous product from Frigidaire, the model FFAP5033W1 dehumidifier. The first thing going for this dehumidifier is the brand name. Most consumers love purchasing items from a brand they’re familiar with, someone they can trust.
Frigidaire is one of the biggest names in the dehumidifier industry. Their products are of the highest quality and the back each product with a good warranty.
This specific product, the model FFAP5033W1, is a compact, lightweight dehumidifier designed for flexibility. It even has wheels for easy mobility. If you want a dehumidifier that you can move from one application to the next with ease, it would be an excellent choice.
Its range of features is just as charming. It boasts three fan speeds, so you can adjust the dehumidification process to your most comfortable levels. A built-in humidistat allows you to set the humidity levels too.
You’ll also appreciate that it has a large, 2-gallon tank. You can empty the tank manually at the sink or continuously via a drain hose. It also has a built-in drain pump.
The dehumidifier goes off automatically when the tank is almost full to prevent overflow. A full tank alarm is also present. It’s recommended for rooms up to 4,500 Sq. Ft.
- Large, 2-gallon condensate tank
- Built-in water pump
- Features washable filters
- Rolling casters enable mobility
- 4-year warranty on sealed parts
- Drain hose sold separately
- No remote control
2. Black + Decker BDT50WT 50-Pint Portable Dehumidifier
- SMALL PORTABLE 50 PINT DEHUMIDIFIER: This powerhouse of a machine is capable of extracting up to 50 pints of water from the air per 24 hours. A perfect fit for any basement, cellar or home.
- ENGINEERED FOR THE MODERN HOME: Most dehumidifiers are bulky and are not very aesthetically pleasing. That’s why we crafted an elegant, sleek design with the consumer in mind. We also added easy to use handles and four mobile caster wheels for durable portability.
- SIMPLE TO USE: With a top mounted electronic control panel with LED display, adjust your ideal setting and sit back to enjoy the 3 speed fan (LOW/MED/HIGH) and adjustable humidistat with an 8.5 pint bucket capacity.
- GET RID OF MOLD, MILDEW AND MOISTURE: Protect your home from discomfort with our dehumidifier. If you don't want to empty the bucket, you have the option for continuous drainage.
- BACKED BY TECHNOLOGY: R410a refrigerant. Auto shutoff, auto restart and auto defrost. Adjustable humidistat with digital humidity display that the consumer can select from relative humidity 30 - 90 percent. Clean filter reminder Indicator. Turn on or off the unit to work with your schedule with the 24 hour timer.
This second option is another majestic solution for damp conditions, especially in mid-sized to large rooms. It removes 50 pints per day under the new DOE standards, making it an excellent choice for basements, cellars, and whole-home dehumidification. It’s also elegant and compact, making placement a non-issue.
The top-mounted electric control panel instantly stands out. From the panel, you can control every aspect of the dehumidifier. Whether you wish to increase the fan speed (it has three-speed levels) or adjust your ideal humidity setting, the touch buttons make your job easy. The humidistat is adjustable for greater convenience, and the unit also boasts built-in washable filters to eliminate airborne particles from your home.
It’s a condenser dehumidifier that passes stale indoor air over cold refrigerant lines to condense the moisture in the air. The water condenses into an 8.5-pint bucket that’s easily detachable for emptying. Unfortunately, the dehumidifier only supports manual emptying. There’s no continuous draining. However, the unit locks automatically when the tank is full to prevent overflow.
A 24-hour timer on the dehumidifier should make life even more enjoyable. Simply set the unit to run at the desired setting from a certain time, and it will obey. It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Elegant, attractive design
- Adjustable humidistat
- Auto shutoff prevents overflow
- 1-year warranty
- No continuous drain
- No drain pump
3. Keystone Model KSTAD504D 50-Pint Dehumidifier with Electronic Controls
- 50 PINT DEHUMIDIFIER (70 Pint 2012 DOE Standard: Efficiently remove up to 50 pints of moisture from the air per day. The dehumidifier works quickly to absorb moisture out of a 4500 square foot space to improve your air quality on many levels. It measures 15.39 x 10.83 x 23.23 inches, and has a 6L water tank.
- RELIABLE, CONVENIENT & EASY TO USE: In need of an effective way to manage the moisture in your air? Buy our dehumidifier and create a comfortable space with fantastic air quality. Adjust to your ideal settings using the electronic controls with LED Display and let the machine do the work to control humidity levels. The settings include Normal, Turbo, and Auto-Defrost. Other functions include an auto-restart, a bucket full alert, clean filter alert, and an automatic shut-off function.
- ELIMINATES EXCESS MOISTURE FROM HUMID AIR: The Keystone portable dehumidifier can be placed in various locations throughout your home or apartment such as your attic, bedroom, basement, bathroom, garage, or any other environment. Breathe in clean air again!
- CONTINUOUS DRAINING OPTION: For extreme conditions, a continuous draining option is available using a low-level drain and a standard garden hose (hose not included) instead of emptying the bucket.
- REAP MANY BENEFITS: Protect your home and keep it safe from damage during wet, stormy weather. Whatever your purpose, this dehumidifier will help absorb extra water from your surroundings!
Keystone also has a very good 50-pint dehumidifier in the model KSTAD504D. For clarification, it’s rated 50 pints under the new DOE standards. Otherwise, it removes up to 70 pints per day under the old standards. The rating makes it a good choice for rooms between 3,000 and 4,500 square feet. It has a 6-liter water tank.
You can adjust the dehumidifier to your ideal setting using the electronic controls at the top. Four modes are included for your convenience, i.e., Normal, Turbo, and Auto-Defrost.
The normal mode is for everyday use. Turbo is when you need to remove more moisture per hour because of excessively damp conditions. And, Auto-Defrost if when it’s too cold outside. Remember that dehumidifiers can freeze in overly cold conditions. The auto-defrost setting allows you to use the dehumidifier down to 41˚F.
Other features controllable from the control panel include the auto-restart function, which resumes dehumidifier operations at the previous settings following a power interruption and a full bucket alert.
You’ll also find the auto-shutoff function that kicks in when the tank is full to prevent overflow and a clean filter alert. Don’t forget to wash the filter at least once every week and replace it at least once every year, ideally just before the onset of the cooling season.
- Ideal for up to 4,500 square feet
- Continuous drain option available
- Includes auto-defrost and auto-restart
- 4-year sealed system warranty
- Drain hose sold separately
- No mobility wheels
4. ALORAIR Model BO1LWA8J37 Basement/Crawlspace Dehumidifier
- Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier-quickly and effectively removes moisture with less energy than conventional dehumidifiers without racking up your energy bill, saving you money. This will be the best crawl space/basement dehumidifier you will ever use. Remove 55 pints per day at AHAM condition，120 Pint at saturation, up to 1,300 sq. ft, fit for any basement, crawl space, storage areas, garage, any large room, or commercial use.
- Automatic Defrost-a quick and efficient defrosting process, truly makes the dehumidifier able to work at a low temperature (36 degrees Fahrenheit), if frost is detected on the coils, an automatic defrost cycle runs to avoid frost build-up and issues associated with that build up. Makes the unit work continuously and efficiently without periodic stopping during the defrosting process, not only saving the energy but also making the unit last longer.
- INTERNAL CORROSION PROTECTION-an advanced technology to minimize corrosion and freon leakage, as you know in dehumidification applications, there always get oxide, hydroxide, or sulfide, normal coils get corrosion and freon leakage quickly, this innovative feature extends the life of the coils by providing protection against, maintaining the coil’s heat transferability.
- DESIGNED FOR THE MODERN HOME-for your full satisfaction, we designed this professional dehumidifier with the modern consumer in mind, all special features make it the best for crawlspace, basement, and commercial applications, auto defrosting system, optional Remote control system, MERV-8 filter, Low-temperature operation, C-ETL, and Energy Star listed.
- 5 Years Warranty-energy efficient & safety tested our sentinel HD55 dehumidifier is energy star certified and is fully compliant with the electrical safety ETL. Every AlorAir dehumidifier comes with a 5-year warranty with a local professional customer support team ready to assist at any time. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, you deserve the best after-sales service.
We thought it wise to include at least one commercial-grade dehumidifier on this list, and what better option than the model BO1LWA8J37 from ALORAIR?
This is an Energy Star certified unit that removes moisture much faster and effectively than conventional dehumidifiers. It’s also designed for unorthodox environments, thus works excellently in crawlspaces, garages, and basements.
You’ll note that it’s rated 120 pints/day under the old DEO standards. However, it’s classified as a 50-55-pint unit under the 2020 standards. Still, it’s good enough for applications spanning up to 1,300 square feet. High-density MERV-8 washable filters help remove pollen, dirt, and other airborne particles from the air returning into the house.
Aside from the durable build, this dehumidifier boasts an automatic defrost function that allows it to function down to 36˚F. Take note that most standard dehumidifiers cannot work below 41˚F. The auto-defrost cycle runs to shake off any freezing in the coils. It also features internal corrosion protection and Freon leak prevention technologies.
This is one of only a few 50-pint remotes that come with remote control. It also arrives with adjustable feet for balance. It’s rated <52dB and blows air at up to 230 CFM
- Durable, commercial-grade build
- Auto operation – turns on/off automatically
- Optional remote control
- Auto-defrost and memory restart
- 5-year compressor warranty
- It’s the most expensive on this list
5. COLZER 50-Pint 3,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier for Home, Basements, and Garages
- 3,500 SQ FT Dehumidifier: COLZER dehumidifier HD08C effectively removes up to 50 pints of excess moisture per day, great for keeping your damp basements, storage areas, laundry rooms, and other humid areas in your home dry, comfortable, and healthy.
- 3 Modes Dehumidifier: This home dehumidifier features 3 modes that meet all your needs properly. DEHU mode to perfectly maintain your desired humidity level in the wine cellar, DRY mode to quickly dry your delicate clothes that require hang dry, CONT mode to continuously dry your spa area.
- Easy to Operate: The top control panel makes mode, target humidity, timer, fan speed, and child lock settings and current room humidity reading nice and intuitive. The front display offers great convenience to read the current room humidity level from across the room.
- 2 Drainage Options: Manually empty the water bucket (0.66 gallon capacity) when it's full and this smart dehumidifier auto shut off. This dehumidifier with drain hose offers continuous drain option for increased flexibility by allowing you to continuously drain the condensate water into a low-level drain for worry-free operation.
- Portable Dehumidifier: With 4 rolling casters and 2 side-grip handles, this 50-pint dehumidifier is easy to transport from room to room. The beads-tie on the power cord helps bundle the cord and hang it by the dehumidifier, keeping the cord safe and neat while transportation.
Some people love to dry clothes, perhaps in the bathroom, with the help of a dehumidifier. It’s a great way to get your favorite clothes ready for work, school, etc., by morning. If you belong in the category and have set your eyes on a 50-pint dehumidifier, you should strongly consider the HD08C from COLZER.
It’s a standard-size dehumidifier at 20.5 x 14.5 x 11 inches, though it’s also fairly lightweight at about 28.7 pounds. However, it’s a very powerful dehumidifier that removes up to 70 pints per day under the old DEO standards (50 pints under the new standards).
This makes it the perfect choice for areas up to 3,500 square feet. More importantly, it can work pretty much anywhere, from laundry rooms to storage areas and even basements.
It has two other modes – the DEHU mode to maintain perfect humidity levels in line with your humidistat settings and a CONT mode that continuously dries the home. Take note that the continuous mode engages the continuous drain method (manual drain is also available).
The dehumidifier has four rolling caster wheels, so you can move it to the next application with ease. It also boasts two side-grip handles for convenient positioning.
- Powerful, ideal for up to 3,500 Sq. Ft.
- Features Dry Mode to dry your laundry quickly
- It has two fan speeds, a 24-hour timer, and a child lock
- Boasts auto-restart and auto-defrost
- No drain pump
- No remote control
6. VACPLUS VA190150-Pint Dehumidifier with Wi-Fi Remote for Large Rooms
- 【100% Risk-Free Satisfaction】 If you are not 100% satisfied with your Vacplus dehumidifier-(VA1901) under normal use within 2 years, we promise to offer you a replacement or a full refund. If there are any problems, don’t hesitate to contact us. Vacplus always pays 120% attention to our customers - each Vacplus dehumidifier will be meticulously tested by our in-house engineering team to proactively address and prevent design or mechanical issues. Buy Vacplus now!
- 【Full-featured WIFI Remote & 4 Operation Modes】 Vacplus dehumidifier provides the WIFI remote via the Tuyasmart APP that expands the limits of this dehumidifier for bathroom: remote switch; humidity monitoring and adjustment; 4 operation modes to choose ( standard / raining / drying / sleep ) - No more repeatedly leaving your bed or couch to adjust it and combating condensation & damp with further energy savings due to smart app scheduling! And rare is its 35.9 dB average sound while working.
- 【Constant Humidity & Well-lit LED Control Panel】Vacplus basement dehumidifiers for home, featured with intelligent constant humidity can monitor humidity levels and adjust itself to maintain the selected one - saves you from repeatedly turning the portable dehumidifier on / off. For easier use, the featured top mounted control panel with LED display uses 3 colors to remind you the present humidity. Best choice for baby, pregnant woman, and the old.
- 【24-hr Timer & Optional Drainage】 Vacplus bathroom dehumidifier provides you with 24-hr Timer: you can program it to turn on / off after a specified amount of time, which helps you save money on a tariff offering cheaper energy at certain times of a day. Additionally, this basement dehumidifier can automatically shut off when the 3.1L-tank (with splash guard) is full. And you can also use the dehumidifier drain hose connection to free yourself from the hassle of emptying the bucket.
- 【Large Dehumidifier with Powerful & Durable Compressor】Vacplus improves dehumidifying efficiency by 25% - removing up to 50 pints (under 90% RH @ 86°F condition) moisture per day, which helps to prevent the peeling of wallpaper & your furniture away from odors. The dehumidifying efficiency is affected by the air flow, the smaller space means more obvious effect. PS. The amount of dehumidification may change with temperatures & humidity environment.
If you’re purely after convenience, then this VACPLUS unit is the dehumidifier for you. No product comes close. Known as the model VA1901, it has four modes, i.e., standard, raining, drying, and sleep.
These pre-set modes make your work easy by adjusting your humidity settings to the most comfortable levels depending on the occasion. For instance, the Sleep mode is ultra-quiet (about 35.9 dB) for the most peaceful sleep.
Secondly, this dehumidifier is only one of a few that has both remote control and Wi-Fi app control. Remote control alone can be precious when using a dehumidifier. You don’t have to get off the sofa to change the settings. Wi-Fi is even better. You can change the settings from your phone, even from outside the house! Imagine that.
Besides the remote and Wi-Fi app control, it has a user-friendly onboard control panel at the top of the housing to monitor humidity levels. LED displays on the control panel helps remind you of the current operating mode.
Other key features include a 24-hour timer, movable caster wheels for mobility, and a wash filter indicator. It comes with a 2-year limited manufacturer warranty.
- Wi-Fi and remote control
- 24-hour programmable timer
- Caster wheels for mobility
- 2-year manufacturer warranty
- No drain pump
- Small 3-liter water tank
7. TaoTronics Dehumidifier with Pump, 50-Pint for 4,500 Sq. Ft, Energy Star Rated
- Outstanding Efficiency: ENERGY STAR certified dehumidifier removes 50 pints(70 pint 2012 DOE standard) of moisture a day from large rooms up to 4,500 sq. ft., perfect for the living room, basement, bedroom, closet, bathroom, etc
- Smart Dehumidification: Built-in humidity and temperature sensor intelligently maintains room humidity in the comfortable range of 45%-55% – based on the ambient temperature
- Easy Drain Access: Press the “Pump” button to divert water out to either the basement window or into the sink; simply connect a hose (not included) to the drain outlet for continuous drainage via gravity
- Auto On/Off Timer: Program the 24hr on/off timer to auto start and stop removing excess moisture while you sleep or you’re away from home for worry-free dehumidification and superior energy efficiency
- Overflow Protection: When the 6L water tank is full, dehumidifier will automatically shut off and illuminate the full tank indicator to alert you to empty the tank
If you’ve shopped for sound systems before, you likely know about TaoTronics. The company also makes dehumidifiers and their products fairly popular because of the high level of quality. This specific product, known as the Model TT-EE015, is one of their best dehumidifiers to date.
It offers two dehumidification modes – pre-set and continuous. In the pre-set mode, the dehumidifier maintains indoor humidity at your desired level without much fuss.
When the tank is full, you’re required to detach it from the rest of the dehumidifier and empty it in a basin or the sink. Meanwhile, the continuous mode enables continuous tank drain so that you don’t have to worry about emptying the unit.
A built-in humidity and temperature sensor intelligently maintain the settings on the humidistat. However, even without making any settings, the unit is designed to keep your room between 45% and 55% RH. Whenever you need to, a 24-hour timer built into the unit allows you to program the dehumidification process to commence and stop at specified times in the future.
TaoTronics dehumidifiers are covered by a 12-month worry-free warranty and a 24-hour warm-heart customer support service. All customers are also offered an 18-month warranty extension if they follow the thank-you card recommendations.
- Powerful, ideal for up to 4,500 Sq. Ft.
- Gravity or manual drainage
- Drain hose is included
- Guaranteed 12-month warranty
- No drain pump
- No Wi-Fi control
8. IVATION 4,500 Sq. Ft. Smart Wi-Fi Energy Star Dehumidifier with App
- HIGH-CAPACITY HOME DEHUMIDIFIER | Powerful Compressor Dehumidifier Removes 50 Pints of Moisture/Day Per Department of Energy Standard [60°F at 60% Relative Humidity] | Eco-Friendly, Energy-Star Rated Unit Easily Handles Rooms Up to 4,500 Square Feet Through All Seasons [Equivalent to 70-Pint 2012 DOE Standard]
- BREATHE COOL, COMFORTABLE AIR | By Eliminating Moisture from the Air, Dehumidifiers Help Prevent Mold Odors to Provide Cleaner, Healthier Air for Your Family
- INNOVATIVE APP CONTROL OVER WI-FI | Finally, You Can Monitor & Adjust Humidity Levels from Afar! | Use the FREE Ivation App to Turn the Device On/Off, Check Ambient Temperature, Humidity & Water Levels, Adjust Fan Speed, Set a Timer & More | Great for Checking on Unit From Work, On Vacation or From Another Room
- BRIGHT EASY-READ LCD DISPLAY | Onboard Screen Displays Humidistat & Setting, Fan Speed, Timer, Water & Filter Alerts, C°/F° & More for Effortless Operation | Low-Maintenance Design—Just Plug In, Select Setting & Empty Large 2.25-Gallon Reservoir When Full | Includes Optional Hose Hookup for Continuous Drainage
- AUTOMATIC SAFETY SHUTOFF | Self-Monitoring Unit Performs Safer & Smarter Than Competitors with Built-In Auto-Shutoff [When Water Reaches Capacity], Auto-Restart [in Event of Power Outage] & Auto-Defrost [to Save Energy & Protect Evaporator Coils] | Includes Removable Filter & Smooth-Rolling Caster Wheels
Finally, the model IVADUWIFI50 dehumidifier from IVATION is considered one of the best deals when shopping for a 5-0-pint dehumidifier. And for a good reason.
For one, the 50-pint/day rating means it works well in nearly all applications. Whether you need a bathroom dehumidifier or a whole-apartment dehumidification solution, it will meet your needs.
Better still, it features both a thermostat and humidistat. Very few portable 50-pint dehumidifiers have both. Yet, you need the two working together to maintain the best balance of indoor humidity and temperatures, given that humidity directly affects temperature and vice versa. It also has a fan, a programmable timer, and an auto-defrost setting.
That’s not all. It’s a Wi-Fi-controlled dehumidifier. This is big news if you’re trying to transition to a smart home. It means you may be able to speak commands to your dehumidifier via smart home devices such as Google Home and Amazon Alexa. Alternatively, just download the IVATION app and control everything form from your smartphone.
Above all, this dehumidifier comes with one of the biggest water collection tanks of portable 50-pint models. At 2.25, the tank can last up to four days between drains. Yet, it also supports continuous drain, with the required drain hose included.
- Features both thermostat and humidistat
- Remote and Wi-Fi control
- Frost sensor and auto-restart
- Manual or continuous drain
- Includes caster wheels for mobility
- A tad pricey for a portable model
- No electric drain pump
A 50-pint dehumidifier would be a great acquisition to address excess moisture issues in a medium-sized room between 1,500 square feet and 4,500 square feet. However, keep in mind that not all 50-pint dehumidifiers are the same.
Also, not all rooms/applications are the same. Make sure to consider other factors, including your room’s conditions, location, and how you use the room to make the best decision.