Looking for a stylish 52-inch fan that blends well into your home sounds like an interesting and exciting affair. You will only need to go out into one of the stores that sell 52-inch ceiling fans and look around for the one that best suits your space.
The only problem is that the number of 52-inch fans that you will likely see will be dizzying, and you may end up going home without the best fan.
The alternative is reading through this summarized review and buying guide to get a glimpse of the best-rated 52-inch fans, giving you a shortlist from which you select your ceiling fan.
Best 52 Inch Ceiling Fan Reviews
1. Brightwatts Energy Efficient 52 Inch LED Ceiling Fan
- Includes integrated light kit that is cased in elegant White Finish
- Designed for large rooms up to 400 sq. Feet and equipped with installer's choice position mounting system for standard, or flush mounted
- The Indoor Ceiling Fan delivers ultra-powerful air movement, so you get the cooling power you want.
- The motor can be run in reverse to aid operation in winter to move warm air down from the ceiling.
- 37 Year in Ceiling Fan and Solar Industry (Not Fly By Night)
Don’t we all love energy-efficient 52-inch ceiling fans? Most of the other fans will use 60 or 65 watts of power. Although this may not seem like quite a large amount of power, the Brightwatts Energy Efficient 52 Inch LED Ceiling Fan presents a better deal using only about 17 watts. This saves a lot on your electricity.
Installation can be a menace to individuals, especially if you are not a handy person. Unfortunately, this is usually the first impression people will have of any equipment that needs installation.
Suppose you are like me; no matter how well the equipment functions after that, you will never move on from its first impression. The good thing is that there will be nothing to move on from in this fan as its installation mechanisms are super easy.
The ultra-quiet operations that this fan presents are an excellent element. They ensure that you can continue with your daily activities without any care of the noise that the fan would bring. You could even rock a baby to sleep with the fan on!
Users have noted that the fan does not have the dimmable feature on their LED lights, making it disturbing and irritating sometimes. The manufacturers may also not send the equipment with screws, so it is advisable to get some beforehand.
- Energy-efficient fan
- Easy installation
- Ultra-quiet operations
- Lacks dimmable lights
- It may not come with screws for fixing.
2. Minka-Aire Wave 52″ Ceiling Fan
- DESIGN: The Minka-Aire Wave fan is truly unique design that draws inspiration from the ocean's graceful and tubular wave formations.
- BULB: No bulb/light included.
- INCLUDED: RCS213 - Three-speed hand-held remote and 6" Downrod
- MOTOR: Conveniently quiet, 3 speed - reversible motor. Run Summer and Winter to aid in rotating air and cutting down on energy costs.
- DIMENSIONS: Measures 12.5'' from the ceiling to the lowest point of the fan with the included 6" downrod. This Unique Style Ceiling Fan has a blade sweep diameter of 52'' with variable Blade Pitch
- ADDITIONAL: Requires Bond hub BD-1000 (sold separately) to work with Amazon Alexa or Google Home. Optional WCS213 wall control can be purchased separately.
We live in a tech-enabled world, and getting a fan that supports this is a bonus. The Minka-Aire Wave 52″ Ceiling Fan4 is WI-FI enabled, allowing you to connect to your preferred sound system.
The three-speed remote that comes with the fan ensures you do not have to manually adjust the lighting and the cooling level. It places the power in your hands, and you can do this in your convenient position.
The days of having fans in the house that are not stylish are long gone. When purchasing equipment, people are now keener on the color and design to match their spaces’ needs.
As such, this fan fits the modernity of spaces quite well with its sleek and modern design and the variety of colors that it is available in, leaving your spaces looking beautiful as ever.
Users have complained that the fan is made from plastic blades leading to questions about its durability. However, it is important that as a user, you note that any equipment is as good as the maintenance. The other limitation has been that the fan is expensive, although its features allow for that pricing.
- Wi-fi connectivity
- Comes with a remote control
- Easy installation
- Sleek and modern design
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Plastic blades
3. Hunter 59211 52″ Sentinel Ceiling Fan
- MODERN CEILING FAN: The contemporary Sentinel comes with LED light covered by cased white glass that will keep home interior current and inspired; Measures 52 x 52 x 12.07 Inch
- MULTI-SPEED REVERSIBLE FAN MOTOR: Whisper Wind motor delivers ultra-powerful airflow with quiet performance; Change the direction from downdraft mode during the summer to updraft mode during the winter
- LED LIGHT KIT: Energy-efficient dimmable LED light bulbs let you control the lighting and ambiance of the living space; The long lasting bulbs have longer lifespan than traditional bulbs
- UNIVERSAL HANDHELD REMOTE: Adjust the brightness of light and speed of the fan with ease from anywhere in the room
- ROOM PLACEMENT: Indoor adjustable fan is designed to customize distance from the ceiling and optimize air movement at preferred blade height; Ideal fan for bedrooms, living room, kitchen, and lounge
It’s 2021, and we all want equipment that looks stylish and elegant in our spaces. A ceiling fan will be among the first things that people see when they enter your space, and you don’t want them to see something that looks a century old. The Hunter 59211 52″ Sentinel Ceiling Fan effectively takes care of this problem with its modern, sleek design.
This fan also comes with a remote control allowing you to sit down, relax and enjoy its coolness. Speaking of enjoyment, it would not be possible without the quiet that the fan presents. You can even doze off in the room and not realize that the fan is turned on.
Some 52-inch ceiling fans come with great lighting. However, it may be quite disturbing when you want to enjoy that ‘light’ or ‘romantic’ feeling within your space. The fan manufacturers understood this well and thus made the fan with a dimmable light that you can adjust according to your needs.
This fan’s only limitation is that its installation may be harder than the average fans. Users, therefore, have noted that you may need to engage the services of a handy person if you are not one yourself.
- Modern design
- Comes with a remote control
- Whisper quiet operations
- Comes with a dimmable light
- The installation may be harder than average
4. Minka-Aire F524-WHF Roto 52 Inch Ceiling Fan
- DESIGN: Sleek and contemporary in design, the Minka-Aire Roto is designed with a Flat White finish and Three Flat White Blades
- INCLUDED: WC105-WH - Four-speed wall Control with 2-Wire installation and 6" Downrod
- MOTOR: Conveniently quiet, 4 speed - reversible motor.
- DIMENSIONS: Measures 11.75'' from the ceiling to the lowest point of the fan with the included 6" downrod. This Contemporary Ceiling Fan has a blade sweep diameter of 52'' with 22° Blade Pitch
- OPTIONAL: Compatible RCS223 remote control can be purchase separately.
The looks of this fan do not disappoint. With its three flat blades and white finish, it gives your spaces a clean look at all times. You will have people asking you what brand the fan is from its beauty.
The fan is also super easy to install, which is one element that we all look out for. After all, we all want a piece of equipment that we will try out immediately it gets to our spaces and not wait hours or days to get a handyman man do that for us.
The fan’s no lighting fixture is both an advantage and limitation depending on your needs. There are those individuals that want a fan that will operate with no light on at any given time. Well, since most fans come with lighting fixtures, you have gotten the best option with the Minka-Aire F524-WHF Roto 52 Inch Ceiling Fan if you are this type.
For those who would prefer a lighting fixture, this is a limitation. Users have also complained that the fan may produce a humming sound at high speed. This may be quite irritating for the user.
- Sleek and contemporary design
- Easy installation
- No lighting fixture
- The fan may hum at high speed.
- No lighting fixture
5. Emerson Prima Snugger 52″ Ceiling Fan
- Perfect for close-to-the ceiling applications; only hangs down 8.1-Inch from the ceiling when installed
- Five reversible blades; hand carved blade options sold separately
- Wall control included; remote control adaptable
- Light fixture adaptable
- Four-speed wall control
- Ceiling Fan Specifications : Airflow (at high speed): 5415CFM, Airflow Efficiency (at high speed): 80CFM/Watt
This is the kind of fan where you cannot sweep off a room when it is on. The dirt will fly all over due to its efficiency and powerful nature that keeps your spaces clean and fresh.
The fan is also super easy to install. The company provides documentation for easy assembly, which is well explained. You also do not have to waste a lot of time figuring out which screws go, whereas most of the screws come pre-installed.
If you follow the instructions, you will have your fan installed in about 30-45 minutes with no significant trouble. The other bonus that is quite fascinating is that the manufacturer has put in extra screws just if you need them.
This fan is also uniquely designed away from the other 52-inch ceiling fans’ norm. The fan has a nice finish with no sharp edges.
The only limitation that most users have identified is that the motor may produce a loud humming noise that can be irritating.
- A powerful fan that blows out a significant amount of air
- Easy installation
- Pre-installed screws reducing the installation time
- Unique design
- The motor gives off an audible hum after using the fan.
6. Westinghouse Lighting 7205300 Alloy 52-inch Gun Metal Indoor Ceiling Fan
- Sleek gun metal finish adds a modern edge to the 52 -inch Alloy LED fan, ideal for rooms over 225 square feet (15 feet by 15 feet)
- Reversible blades offer the option of black for a monochromatic look or applewood for more classic transitional styling
- LED light kit with opal frosted glass includes two 8-watt (60-watt equivalent) T7 LED bulbs that provide energy and cost-saving benefits
- High-quality motor delivers powerful air movement and quiet performance, Lifetime motor warranty and two-year warranty on all other parts
- Airflow: 3576 cfm; energy usage: 61 watts without light; airflow efficiency: 59 cfm per watt
Installation can give any individual nightmares, and we all agree that nightmares are not anyone’s piece of cake. Well, you do not have to worry about the installation of the F524-WHF Roto 52″ Ceiling Fan turning into a nightmare. It is quite simple to install, and the instructions are straightforward.
The other advantage of the fan is that it has quiet operations. If you have previously had a noisy fan, we hope that it won’t be too quiet as you will only hear a faint whirr when the fan is in operation.
The fan also has a high-quality motor making the fan quite powerful in its operations. Users have noted that the fan drives a crazy amount of air, leaving your spaces fresh as ever.
Most of you may think that if it is this powerful, then it can’t be energy efficient. Well, I want to prove you wrong as the deal continues to get better. The fan comes with T7 LED bulbs that ensure energy efficiency.
The only limitation is that most users have complained that the fan is not durable.
- Easy and straightforward installation
- Quiet operations
- Has a high-quality motor.
- Energy-efficient LED bulbs
- Users have complained that the fan is not durable.
Who is a 52 Inch Ceiling Fan For?
Why a 52-inch ceiling fan? This is probably one of the most asked questions when purchasing or looking for a ceiling fan. The inch length of fans represents the blades’ length, which affects the airflow that the fan gives.
Admittedly, most people purchase the 52-inch fan because it offers the best balance between size, airflow, and price. However, experts advise that one looks at their room’s size before settling on the 52-inch ceiling fan.
The 52-60 inch blades are appropriate for rooms between 150-300 square feet. Now it’s time to understand how to find the right 52-inch ceiling fan for your space and needs.
How Do I Find the Right 52-Inch Ceiling Fan for My Needs?
An adage states that it is the wearer of the shoe who knows where it pinches most. Similarly, it is the user of the fan who will understand what they need, what they can afford or not.
As such, the first element that one should lookout to get the best 52-inch ceiling is the fan’s price. As mentioned in the reviews above, different 52-inch fans have different prices.
The price difference comes with elements such as the features offered and the durability of the 52-inch fan. You will need to understand what you want to derive from the fan, whether it is durability, function, or any other element, and consider your budget’s applicability to that.
Costs and Energy Efficiency
Still, on the budget, it would not make a lot of sense for you to purchase a fan that you will have difficulty maintaining due to the power costs that come alongside it.
Thus, the second consideration should be on the energy savings of the 52-inch ceiling fans. If you are on a low budget, consider getting a fan that consumes less energy and one whose LED lights have lower wattage.
Alternatively, you can get a 52-inch ceiling fan that does not have any LED lights, such as the F524-WHF Roto 52″ Ceiling Fan. the CFM rating has a lot to do with the energy savings that you can make while using your 52-inch ceiling fan.
This represents the wind chill effect that could make your space cooler. I recommend getting the fan with the highest CFM so that you can turn down the thermostat and save on energy.
We have all gone to the airport or had a plane flying above us. I know that majority do not enjoy the noise that comes with the airport or planes. Imagine having that noise in your space. It would drive you crazy.
However, you do not have to endure this noise if you have already not purchased your 52-inch ceiling fan. Ensure that you consider the motor to avoid wasting money on purchasing different fans with different noise levels.
I recommend fans with bigger motors since they help boost the CFM and reduce the noise and wobbling. If you look for the fan with the biggest motor, it may be quite pricey.
I do not want you to get discouraged. You can still look for fans that have motors larger than 200mm, which will be more affordable and of good quality.
Blades, blades! This is the first thing you will see when you look at the fan. Although we are often told not to judge a book by its cover, I find this hard to practice.
After all, most of us are visual beings and will be attracted to a fan with beautiful blades and their finishing. We have already settled the matter on the blade’s size and agreed on the 52-inch blade.
However, there is more to the blades than the size or the beauty. It is important to look out for the number and the angle of the blades, which affect the fan’s functionality more than their shape.
There is often the common misconception or misleading line of thought that the more the number of blades on your 52-inch fan, the more the air that the fan will be likely to move.
Well, I would like to rectify this line of thought and understand that more blades tend to create a drag in the airflow. Most experts will agree that three blades create more efficiency.
Having a fan with four or five blades will be aesthetically pleasing- which we all love and quieter. This is the point where it is important to choose your struggle. Do you want to focus more on efficiency, noise, or style?
Notably, most of the fans reviewed above can offer a combination of these three elements. The angles of the blades are also important for moving air efficiently. A 52-inch fan whose angle is less than 12 degrees will be too flat to move air efficiently. As such, ensure that you get a 52-inch fan that has blades angled 12-14 degrees.
How to Install a 52-Inch Ceiling Fan?
The review of the fans above provides a mix of easy to install fans and others that may be a bit more complex. However, if you are a DIY type of person, you will be determined to fix any ceiling fan type as a weekend or free time project.
You do not have to be an expert as most of the 52-inch ceiling fans will come with the installation guidelines, and you will experience the payoff almost immediately.
I always start with the step of turning off the circuit breaker to the ceiling lights. If you are like me, who wants to unbox everything once I receive it, you will not need this second step as you have already unpacked your 52-inch ceiling fan.
You should then pick a ladder and place it steadily to avoid any accidents. Proceed to remove any existing fixtures on your ceiling. The next step is to secure the mounting bracket to the outlet box.
Use the screws and the washers provided to mount the bracket appropriately. You should then feed the electrical wires through the opening that is on the mounting bracket.
Assembling and installing the motor housing comes in next, where you first trim the ceiling fan wires 6 inches longer than the downrod one is using.
The fan housing will usually come with two slots aligned with two screws on each end of the mounting plate. You should turn the housing until the slots engage with the screws.
The next step is adding and tightening the other screws. You are now almost done, and the next step is attaching the fan blades to the blade brackets and the motor. Attach the glass blades and the pull chains and put the power back on. You can now use your fan and enjoy the cool breeze it presents to your space.
Now you understand the basics of getting the best 52-inch ceiling fan. A quick reminder is to explore different options with your budget and specific needs in mind.
Most importantly, I would recommend that you look into the noise levels of the 52-Inch ceiling fan. I have used a noisy one. It was a traumatic experience that I would not wish that to any one of you wonderful leaders simply because you have taken the initiative to research before purchasing (which I never did). I hope that this list and buying guide helps make your decision.