When choosing a dehumidifier, you have to pick a size suitable for your space. Small and portable dehumidifiers are ideal to use in small spaces. This is where the option of choosing the best 90-pint dehumidifier comes into play. A 90-pint dehumidifier is among the largest dehumidifiers sold out, and quite efficient.
Another ideal feature of a 90 pints dehumidifier is that it can also operate in low temperatures. You can use these units in your basement, garage, living room, office, and even in your bedroom. Another advantage is that in as much as it’s a large type of dehumidifier, it doesn’t consume a lot of electricity, similar to most dehumidifiers.
We’ve done our research and found 6 of the best 95 pint dehumidifiers that you can buy. See these reviews below.
How Many Pints Do I Need for a Dehumidifier?
The capacity of dehumidifiers is measured in pints. A pint capacity is the amount of moisture a dehumidifier can remove from the air in a day or 24 hours. Another thing you need to keep in mind is that the size and humidity level of a room or area has a significant effect on the performance of a dehumidifier.
The amount of pints you need in a dehumidifier depends on the level of humidity and the size of your room/space. Here’s what you need to consider:
- If your home/space is located in an area with a humid climate, you should add 10 pints to the recommended capacity.
- If multiple people live in the room, house, or space where you want to use a dehumidifier, consider adding 5 pints to the recommended capacity.
- If the room has multiple doors and windows, also consider adding 5 pints to the recommended capacity.
For residential use, consider buying a 70-pint dehumidifier or less, but for commercial or industrial use, a dehumidifier that is rated over 70 pints per day is a good unit to buy.
Small to medium rooms require 40 to 59 pints, bathrooms require 25 to 40 pints, large living rooms require 40 to over 60 pints dehumidifiers, while damp garages require dehumidifiers that can remove over 60 pints of moisture in the air per day.
What Is the Lifespan of a Dehumidifier?
The lifespan of a dehumidifier can vary from one user to the other. The lifetime of dehumidifiers ranges from 3 to 10 years. If you want your dehumidifier to last longer, ensure that you take good care of it. This may include regularly changing the air filters, cleaning the condensing coils and exhaust grilles, as well as emptying and cleaning the water bucket.
Doing the above things is important to prepare your dehumidifier for the winter, so that it may also be in a good condition for optimal performance during spring. If your dehumidifier encounters issues such as not being able to pull water from the air when it’s running or just stopping for no apparent reason, it’s a sign that it’s time to repair or upgrade it.
Can One Dehumidifier Do Multiple Rooms?
Yes, one dehumidifier can do multiple rooms – but it’s more complicated to connect the unit to do that, plus it’s not mostly recommended. Dehumidifiers are machines whose main function is to remove moisture in a room or specific space such as the garage, office, or basement. Therefore, you should note that a dehumidifier is most effective in the room where it’s been placed.
However, in the case where you happen to have multiple rooms that are connected by open doorways with an open floor plan, there is a chance that the dehumidifier can work in those other rooms as well – but it’s not a guarantee.
The best 90-pint dehumidifier has a high chance of working in multiple rooms since it can pull up to 90 pints of moisture from the air in 24 hours. Having a dehumidifier with a high capacity gives you a better chance at reducing humidity in multiple rooms.
What Room Size Do I Need a 90-Pint Dehumidifier?
A 90-pints dehumidifier is suitable for a room size of approximately 2000 to 2600 square feet. That means this dehumidifier is efficient and effective enough to work in basements, living rooms, garages, or commercial spaces. Although it also works similar to a 50 pints dehumidifier as it can also reduce humidity in the same amount of space.
However, some 90-pints dehumidifiers are efficient enough to work even in larger spaces such as over 2600 square feet. But it will depend on the design, efficiency, and effectiveness of the unit in getting rid of moisture. Overall, a 90 pints dehumidifier is a great option to consider since it works in large spaces; it’s reliable, and also efficient.
How to Buy the Best 90 Pint Dehumidifier
Buying a dehumidifier entails a long process to ensure you end with a good product. Dehumidifiers tend to vary from one brand to the other, as well as size and efficiency. Some units are energy-efficient, while others are not.
Also, some units can remove so much humidity in a day, while others cannot. It’s these differences that call for the utmost scrutiny before buying any dehumidifier. Here are some of the things you need to consider before buying the best 90-pint dehumidifier.
- Energy-Efficiency: Consider buying a dehumidifier with an Energy Star label, as this will save you money on your electricity bill. Home appliances can consume plenty of electricity and finding a way to reduce these costs can significantly help you. Dehumidifiers with the Energy Star certification are guaranteed to use less energy.
- Durability: Is the dehumidifier you want to buy durable? If not, then you should reconsider buying it because it’s important to get value for your money. Dehumidifiers can last for 3 to 10 years depending on how well you maintain your unit. Therefore, ensure you buy a dehumidifier guaranteed to last for longer and serve you well.
- Mobility: Buy a unit that is easy to move from one place or room to another. Some portable dehumidifiers come with handles that you can use to easily carry them and eliminate the hassle of straining too much to get them off the ground.
- Size: Pick a dehumidifier that perfectly fits into where you want it to operate. To know the accurate size of a dehumidifier you’re supposed to buy, you need to measure the square footage of the room/space and also have a general idea of the moisture level of that room.
- Capacity: Capacity is the amount of moisture the dehumidifier can remove in 24 hours. In this case, we’re talking about a 90 pints dehumidifier. However, you need to ensure that you choose the best 95-pint dehumidifier that is durable, reliable, and effective.
6 Best 90-95 Pint Dehumidifiers – Reviews
1. ALORAIR 90 Pints Dehumidifier
- 👍 Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier-quickly and effectively removes moisture with less energy than conventional dehumidifiers without racking up your energy bill, saving you money. This will be the best crawl space/basement dehumidifier you will ever use. Remove 90 pints per day at AHAM condition, 198 Pint at saturation, up to 2,600 sq. ft, fit for any basement, crawl space, storage areas, garage, any large room, or commercial use.
- 👍 Heavy Duty Condensate Pump: When removing large amounts of moisture, the condensate pump keeps the dehumidifier running smoothly and efficiently by pushing collected water out of the area continuously. Optional Remote Control – This professional dehumidifier is designed with the remote monitoring function, which makes this unit an ideal choice for places where remote sensing and controlling is required, It is also a good choice for sound insulation and saving space usage.
- 👍 Automatic Defrost- a quick and efficient defrosting process, truly makes the dehumidifier able to work at a low temperature (36 degrees Fahrenheit), if frost is detected on the coils, an automatic defrost cycle runs to avoid frost build-up and issues associated with that build up. Makes the unit work continuously and efficiently without periodic stopping during the defrosting process, not only saving the energy but also making the unit last longer.
- 👍 Save on Costs, AlorAir High COP Dehumidifier, an investment in crawl space/basement comfort can be paid back by a few years' energy savings. You can save up to $250 per year in energy costs with dehumidifiers working for their families! Once you are able to maintain a consistent RH 50 %, no need to keep the thermostat at low, uncomfortable temperatures once used in an effort to control humidity.
- 👍 5 Years Warranty-energy efficient & safety tested our sentinel HDi90 dehumidifier is energy star certified and is fully compliant with the electrical safety ETL. Every AlorAir dehumidifier comes with a 5-year warranty with a local professional customer support team ready to assist at any time. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, you deserve the best after-sales service.
Not only is the ALORAIR 90 Pints Dehumidifier energy-efficient, but it’s also the best 90-pint dehumidifier to consider buying. It’s an Energy Star certified unit that works faster and efficiently to remove moisture with less energy than other conventional dehumidifiers. Therefore, it won’t rack up your energy bill.
If you’re looking for a dehumidifier to use in your basement, this is one of the best options to consider. It can remove up to 90 pints of moisture per day and it features a heavy-duty condensate pump. The benefit of this condensate pump is that it helps to keep the dehumidifier running smoothly and efficiently, as it continuously pushes the water out of the area.
An optional remote control monitoring function has also been provided, which makes it suitable in areas where remote sensing and controlling are needed.
The ALORAIR 90 Pints Dehumidifier also has an automatic defrosting process, which enables it to function at a low temperature. You can easily access the filter in the dehumidifier since it’s washable.
- Heavy-duty condensate pump
- Easy filter access
- Easy to use
- Well built
- It offers comfort
- Not durable enough
- Poor warranty support
2. Aprilaire 1850Z Pro 95 Pint Dehumidifier
- BUILT TO LAST with corrosion-resistant aluminum coils, Aprilaire Dehumidifiers are designed and manufactured in the U.S.A. by Aprilaire, the leader in indoor air quality solutions
- MINIMIZE AIRBORNE VIRUS SURVIVAL rates by keeping relative humidity below 60% with a dehumidifier
- REDUCES & CONTROLS BASEMENT & WHOLE HOME HUMIDITY to help prevent damp carpeting and furnishings, mold, mildew, and odors, and mold, termites, structural wood rot, and odors in a sealed crawl space
- REMOVES UP TO 12 GALLONS (95 pints) of water per day
- NO MESSY WATER TRAY TO EMPTY and simple to set up - just place a hose or place dehumidifier over a drain, level it, plug it in, set the target humidity, and you’re done
- SET IT AND FORGET IT control automatically starts dehumidification when humidity above target is sensed
The Aprilaire 1850Z Pro 95 Pint Dehumidifier is a whole-home unit that offers the perfect solution for controlling moisture in your entire house. It prevents damp furnishings and carpeting, and protects your space against mold, mildew, odors, and also minimizes airborne virus survival rates, as it maintains relative humidity below 60 percent.
The unit can remove up to 95 pints of moisture from the air per day, which means it’s designed to be effective in a 5,200 Sq. Ft space. It eliminates excess moisture and offers you good health.
The water tray included in this dehumidifier is simple to use and set up because all you need to do is just place a hose or place the dehumidifier over a drain, level it, plug it in, set your target humidity level, and you’re good to go.
The Aprilaire 1850Z Pro 95 Pint Dehumidifier also features an automatic set control that starts the dehumidification when humidity above the target is sensed. Since this dehumidifier helps to maintain a proper humidity level in your home, it assists in preserving wood floors, furnishings, musical instruments, and cabinetry.
- Easy to install
- It comes with a water tray
- Automatic controls
- Unreliable warranty
- Not ideal for wood floors
- Durability is questionable
3. Honeywell DR90A3000/U-DR90 Dehumidifier
- Energy Star qualified dehumidifier removes moisture with less energy than conventional dehumidifiers
- Removes up to 30 pints of moisture (50 pint 2012 DOE standard) from the air every 24 hours in a room up to 3,000 square feet.
- Controls humidity for a more comfortable home environment
- Smart digital humidistat control system automatically senses room moisture levels and activates dehumidification
- LED digital display indicates room temperature, humidity level and timer settings
Honeywell is a notable brand that manufactures compact and efficient products. This makes the Honeywell DR90A3000/U-DR90 Dehumidifier ideal to consider when searching for the best 95 pint dehumidifier. It gets more done with less energy, which can help you save money on electricity bills.
What makes this dehumidifier durable is that it’s constructed with an anti-corrosion e-coating coil, and it’s among the most efficient dehumidifiers in the industry. With this unit, you can maintain the humidity level of your home perfectly.
It performs well and its efficiency makes it worth buying. It can remove up to 90 pints of moisture in the air per day and setting it up is easy, since all you need to do is plug it in and it will start working immediately.
The Honeywell DR90A3000/U-DR90 Dehumidifier is also available for centrally-ducted control and includes built-in humidity control. Therefore, it doesn’t need any additional wiring to external control.
- External control options
- Easy to set up
- Built-in humidity control
- Not durable enough
- Poor design
- Wrong choice of color
4. Soleus Air White 95-Pint Portable Dehumidifier
- Portable dehumidifier removes up to 95 pints of moisture per 24 hours
- Internal pump for continuous upward drainage (pump hose included)
- MyHome Mode offers preprogrammed humidity levels for basement, living and sleeping spaces
- Digital humidistat displays set humidity level and current room humidity level
- 3-speed fan circulates air at speeds of low, medium and high
The Soleus Air White 95-Pint Portable Dehumidifier can remove up to 95 pints of moisture from the air in 24 hours. It’s an efficient dehumidifier with an internal pump that offers continuous upward drainage, plus it includes a pump hose.
When looking for the best 90-pint dehumidifier, we would also recommend checking out this unit. It features the MyHome Mode that offers preprogrammed humidity levels ideal for basements, bedrooms, and living rooms.
There’s also a digital humidistat that displays the humidity level that you set, as well as the current humidity level in your space. The 3-speeds fan provided in the Soleus Air White 95-Pint Portable Dehumidifier helps to circulate air at low, medium, and high speed. The dehumidifier is quite reliable, powerful, and convenient to use in any environment.
It’s suitable for both warm and cold weather. It protects your home from excess moisture, and thanks to the MyHome Mode feature that has been included, you can take the guesswork out of using a dehumidifier. You have the option of choosing the humidity level that you want – depending on where you’re using the unit.
The Soleus Air White 95-Pint Portable Dehumidifier also has caster wheels that make it easy to move from one room to the other, plus a washable filter that makes it easier to maintain.
- Easy to use
- 3-speeds fan
- Easy to set up
- Not durable enough
- It may encounter fluid leak after long use
5. Danby DDR095BDPWDB 95 Pint Dehumidifier
- Energy Star Compliant
- Electronic controls with blue LED display
- 2 fan speeds (High/Low)
- Low temperature feature allows the system to continue operating in temperatures as low as 41ºF
- Auto restart: unit automatically restarts after power failure
Although the old model of the Danby DDR095BDPWDB 95 Pint Dehumidifier is somehow better in several features, still this new and advanced unit stands out in its unique way.
It’s an Energy Star compliant dehumidifier that comes with excellent electronic controls with a blue LED display. There are two fan speeds included in this unit specifically for low or high speed.
The low temperature of this 95-pint dehumidifier allows the system to continue operating at lower temperatures of about 41 degrees Fahrenheit. There is an auto-restart feature in the Danby DDR095BDPWDB 95 Pint Dehumidifier, which enables it to automatically restart after power failure.
The auto-defrost feature included in this unit also helps to improve performance by automatically switching it into defrost mode until the frost is completely melted.
The Danby DDR095BDPWDB 95 Pint Dehumidifier is ideal for a space of 6,000 square feet. An automatic shut-off feature has also been included in the dehumidifier to prevent the bucket from overflowing, as well as a direct drain feature that provides you with the option of continuous operation.
The unit also has a 24-hour timer that allows you to run it during off-peak hours and save on your monthly hydro bill. Overall, it’s also the best 90-pint dehumidifier to consider buying today.
- Energy Star compliant
- Electronic controls
- Blue LED display
- It works well
- Not as good as the old model
- Not durable enough
- Unreliable warranty
- The pump breaks down quickly
6. Keystone 95 Pt. Dehumidifier
- Room dehumidifier with built-in pump for continuous upward drainage
- Removes up to 95 pints of moisture from the air per day
- Dehumidifies a room up to 6000 square feet
- Electronic controls with LED Display and 24-hour timer
- Auto-restart saves your settings during a power outage
- Note: The filter is located under the rear grille
One of the best 95-pint dehumidifiers is the Keystone 95 Pt. Dehumidifier. This room dehumidifier comes with a built-in pump for continuous drainage and can remove up to 95 pints of moisture from the air per day. It’s suitable for large spaces like a 6,000 square feet room. It also comes with electronic controls and an LED display, which make it easier to use.
An included 24-hour timer also makes this dehumidifier unique and suitable to use, plus the auto-restart saves your settings if a power happens to occur in your area. It’s important to note that the filter of this unit is located under the rear grille.
Since it has a built-in pump, you won’t have to worry about anything while the unit is running, as it discharges water upward to drain out a basement window or into a sink.
A transparent water level indicator has also been included in the Keystone 95 Pt. Dehumidifier and a full bucket alert with automatic shut-off. The filter of this dehumidifier is easy to remove, clean, and dust. The unit is also portable and you can easily move it from one room to another in your home.
- Built-in pump
- Electronic controls
- LED display
- Easy to use
- Not durable
- Issues with removing water
- Poor design
What makes the best 90-pint dehumidifier suitable to buy is that it can remove large amounts of moisture per day, which means they are quite reliable. However, keep in mind that dehumidifiers come with different features, sizes, and efficiency.
If you have any questions or useful information you may want to add, feel free to write to us in the comments section below or simply reach out to us through email. We’ll be happy to respond to you.