If you’re looking for a space heater with a greater capability of heating larger areas more evenly, consider using the best ceramic heater for large room.
Ceramic heaters come in all sizes and styles, including those with fans and those that don’t. Because they move heated air over greater distances, ceramic heaters with fans are typically the best options for heating large areas
Regardless of the type you pick, it’s important to follow manufacturers’ guidelines by operating space heaters in safe locations and never leaving them unattended.
I’ve rounded up the best ceramic heaters for large rooms on the market. All these models have many positive reviews and will keep you warm without running up your utility bill.
Best Ceramic Heater For Large Room
1. Comfort Zone’s Oscillating Space Heater
- FAST, EFFICIENT HEATING: Our oscillating space heater uses a forced-fan circulation to heat as it rotates from side to side, quickly & evenly warming an entire room while maintaining a consistent temperature.
- ETL CERTIFIED & BUIT TO BE SAFE: In addition to being ETL Certified, this unit includes an overheat protection sensor and an automatic fail-safe that cuts power to the unit if it's accidentally tipped over.
- OPTIMAL COMFORT: A digital thermostat prevents overheating & stuffiness, while an 8-hour timer with auto shutoff allows you to program the unit in advance to maintain a steady comfortable temperature.
- LOWER ENERGY COSTS: Frostbite weather shouldn’t take a bite out of your paycheck. Our energy-saving ECO mode adjusts heat output to lower costs, while its ceramic build prevents producing too much heat.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, PORTABLE POWER: This heating appliance is easy to move from room to room or take on a road trip. A remote control enables easy adjustment, while the stay cool housing helps prevents burns.
One of the most notable things about the Comfort Zone’s Oscillating Space Heater is its outstanding performance. The heater uses a forced fan circulation mode of operation to distribute the warmed air in rooms.
This is an effective way of eliminating pockets of cold air that may form in some parts of your room when you use a heater that does not use the forced fan circulation mode.
You can adjust the heater across three settings: low, medium, and high. When operating on the high mode, the heater consumes 1,500w of power. This is enough to effectively heat a room that measures 150 square feet.
Apart from performance, the heater has certain features that maximize its usability. One can use the automatic timer to program the heater to operate in the desired sequence.
Also, the multifunction remote control, which is sold with the heater, eases control, and adjustment of performance.
- The overheat protection sensor and automatic fail-safe switch enhance its safety
- The remote control provides a convenient way of adjusting the performance of the heater
- Easily programmable using the automatic timer according to one’s preferences
- The digital display may be too bright to be used comfortably in a dark room
2. Lasko 5586 Digital Ceramic Tower Heater
- Ceramic heating element with built-in safety features
- 1500 watts of comforting warmth; E.T.L. listed
- Digital controls with programmable thermostat and 8-hour timer
- Electronic remote control with digital display
The Lasko 5586 Digital Ceramic Tower Heater has been specially designed to provide even heating in rooms that measure up to 150 square feet.
It is ideal for standard and large rooms such as bedrooms, living rooms, and offices. Its elongated heating element heats the air faster than standard-height ones.
Moreover, it has all the features that you would expect to find in a standard ceramic heater. The overheat protection functionality alerts you when the temperature of the heating element rises rapidly.
Thus, it saves you additional costs of replacing a damaged heater as well as protects your home against possible fire accidents from an overheated ceramic element.
However, the Lasko 5586 Digital Ceramic Tower Heater has one major shortcoming: it can easily crack when accidentally hit or knocked over.
The housing, which is made of plastic and metal, helps to cool down the surface temperature of the heater but fails to withstand when the heater is hit.
- The elongated heating element complements oscillation of the ceramic to warm rooms fast
- Its sleek design and white and black color scheme merge perfectly with modern interior décor styles
- The cool-touch exterior makes the heater safe for use at home
- The housing can easily crack when if the heater is accidentally hit or knocked over
3. PELONIS NTH15-17BRA Ceramic Tower Space Heater
- [Vertical& Horizontal Double-duty] The unique designed vertical& horizontal double-duty makes this ceramic heater applicable for most indoor activities when you sleeping in your bedroom, sitting on the rug, working at your desk, practicing yoga.
- [Safe to Use] The PTC electric heater made of cool touch ABS UL94 V0 flame resistant material. US standard socket can directly plug into an outlet without any adapter or extension cord. Overheating protection ensure safe use.
- [Fast Heating and Constant Temperature] Ceramic heaters are, typically, the most effective type of electric-resistance radiant heaters. Quickly heat-up to 70°F in 3 second with reliable ceramic heating technology, offering steady comfortable temperature. When the machine suddenly stops during heating, it is because the temperature exceeds the threshold of the thermal cut-off. Please Unplug the heater and cool the machine before use
- [Programmable Thermostats Heater] With 3 heating options (High, Low , ECO mode) to achieve customized temperature settings with maximized efficiency and warmth. ECO setting Automatically helps energy-saving based on your ambient temperature.
- [User Friendly] Heater Remote control, oscillation, 24 hours timer and carry handle, easy disassemble for clean are features of the quiet electric heaters (50dB working noise). Perfect tower heater for your bed room, living room, office.
- [Manufacturer Warranty] Pelonis, the American brand heating appliances manufacturer will offer all the consumers a 1-Year manufacture with your purchase. Besides this space heater meets strict worldwide quality measures including UL, ETL, REACH and RoHS.
- [Attention] For safe shipment, the battery for remote is not included, please purchase CR2032 battery for remote control use.
The PELONIS NTH15-17BRA has been built with the requirements of the modern home in mind. It comes with a set of features that make it one of the easiest to use and safest ceramic heaters that are currently available on the market.
You can adjust the programmable thermostat of the heater to switch it on and off when the temperatures of the room are at certain levels. Besides, the 24-hour timer of the heater can be a great convenience to you.
The kind of safety features that are included in a heater is an important consideration. The PELONIS NTH15-17BRA does not disappoint in terms of safety features.
It has an automatic switch that cuts off power supply when the heater is knocked down accidentally. Given its small size, it is likely that one can trip over it. Besides, children and pets can accidentally knock down your heater at home.
The main drawback of using this heater is that even when it is set on auto mode, t consumes 1500w. one would expect that the heater consumes 900w when operating in auto mode.
- Very portable because of its small footprint and lightweight
- The 24-hour timer and programmable thermostat improve the usability
- It comes with a functional remote control that can be used to switch the heater on and off and control the mode of operation
- The heater consumes 1,500w when putting on the auto mode
4. Lasko 5160 Ceramic Tower Heater
- 23-Inch ceramic tower heater with patented comfort system
- Elongated ceramic element for extended warmth
- Patented blower technology with penetrating air velocity
- Widespread oscillation evenly distributes warm air throughout the room
- Multi-Function remote control with on-board storage.Area Heated (Sq. Ft.):300
The Lasko 5160 Ceramic Tower Heater has several features that enhance its performance. The patented comfort system is a combination of a 23-inch ceramic heating element that rotates in all directions and a special process of blowing the heated air around the room.
Therefore, you can rely on this heater to provide warmth and comfort in your room quickly.
It is also very easy to control the heater using either the multifunction remote control or the buttons on the body of the heater. Either way, you can toggle the mode of operation of the heater, program the thermostat, and change the timer.
However, the digital thermometer of this heater is not as accurate as one would expect. If you are keen on keeping the temperature of your room at a specific level, then this may be a big problem.
The good news is that you can conveniently ignore the small differences in temperature settings displayed on the heater.
- Highly durable because of the use of steel and other quality materials for the housing
- Widespread rotation of the heating element spreads warmth in a room fast
- The digital thermometer is not as accurate as one would expect
5. Lasko ELECTRIC TOWER HEATER
- Digital simple touch controls offer high and low settings, 8 hour timer and automatic thermostat with remote control
- Enhanced safety features include no visible heating element, safe touch surface, automatic shut-off and tip over safety switch; ETL listed
- Specially designed heat channels blend air with heat to deliver a quick, uniform and long range heat projection
- Patent pending blower technology creates powerful ceramic heat and low noise output
- The permanent rear filter with EZClick System helps to keep the heater free of debris while the Heat Channels can easily be wiped clean
- This Heater is intended for use as supplemental heat.
- A thermal overload protector is built in to prevent overheating.If an overheat temperature is reached, the Heater will automatically shut off.
- This Heater is not intended for use in wet or damp locations.
The Lasko ELECTRIC TOWER HEATER has been designed to ease the process of controlling your heater. Its digital controls are very simple to operate. Besides, its multifunctional remote control can be used to start, stop, and change the temperature conveniently.
The cone-shaped design of the heater is an added advantage to its functionality. The elongated heating element and special vents effectively spread warmed air within spaces thus improving the overall performance of the heater. Moreover, you can rely on the heater to provide comfort in rooms that measure over 150 square feet.
Although ceramic heaters have been made to last long with very minimal maintenance procedures, you still may have to do basic things like cleaning the surface. The ease of cleaning and maintaining your heater depends on the king of materials used to make it.
This heater has been made using a special combination of plastic and metal. It is very easy to wipe the body and heating channels and keep the heater in good working condition.
However, you may have to put up with the noise that the heater produces. This may be apparent at night if you decide to keep the heater going overnight in a silent room.
- The unique cone-shaped design can be used to enhance the look of your room
- It has special heat channels for heating air fast and uniformly
- The heating channels and body of the heater can be easily wiped and maintained
- The heater may be loud when used in a silent room
6. De’Longhi Ceramic Tower Heater
- Instant Warmth: Packs 1500 watts (5120 BTUs) of power for instant personal heating.
- Automatically Saves Energy: ECO function automatically adjusts heat and power settings for the most comfortable and economical warmth
- Peace of Mind: Featuring a thermal shutoff to prevent overheating and an internal tip-over switch that automatically turns the unit off if it falls over.
- Personalized Comfort: Customize your heating needs with digital controls, including an adjustable thermostat and multiple heat settings.
- Quiet System: Unique technology reduces noise by half so you can comfortably watch TV or sleep.
- Warmth When You Want It: The Manual Programmable Timer can be set to go on whenever you need heat most.
- Heat More Parts of the Room: Foot pedal activates motorized oscillation to deliver full-room warm air circulation.
- Heat at Your Fingertips: A full-function remote lets you adjust all comfort settings without getting up.
- Helps Prevent Frozen Pipes: When the temperature dips below freezing, the standby setting automatically warms up the heater – ideal for preventing frozen pipes in basements.
- 150 sq feet of Comfort: Best for small to medium rooms- up to 150 sq feet in size.
The De’Longhi Ceramic Tower Heater is a powerful device that you can rely on to provide warmth in your house or office at minimal energy costs. The new model of the heater features several functionalities that maximize its performance and reduce energy consumption levels.
The newly-introduced ECO function optimizes the performance of the heater by adjusting heat and energy consumption settings to the prevailing environmental conditions.
When you activate the ECO mode and set the heater in a room, it automatically changes its performance to ensure that the temperate of the space is ideal. This reduces the energy consumption levels of the heater.
The new silent system cuts the noise by half, thus making the hater suitable for use even in bedrooms at night. Although it is not advisable to let your heater run all through the night, at times, it may be necessary to do so.
If this is the case, then you need your heater to be completely silent lest it wakes you up at night.
- It has multiple heat settings for added comfort and functionality
- The motorized oscillation functionality improves the distribution of heat in all areas of the room efficiently
- The ECO function saves energy consumption levels by optimizing the operation of the heater
- The housing cracks easily when hit by a hard object
7. Lasko Designer Series Ceramic Space Heater
- Widespread oscillation
- Adjustable thermostat with automatic shut-off timer
- Fully assembled. 10" x 10" x 16" tall
- 1500 watts of comforting warmth with high, low and thermostat controlled settings. Do not plug heater into any other cord connected device such as a power strip, surge protector, multiple outlet adapter, cord reel or outlet- type air freshener
- ETL listed. Oscillation for broad coverage . Please note : No remote
The Lasko Designer Series Ceramic Space Heater is a marvelous work of art on the one hand, and an effective solution to cold indoor spaces, on the other.
It has excellent design and functionality features that complement each other to make the heater one of the best choices for warming the air in standard-sized rooms including living rooms and bedrooms.
With a rare design and a dark brown finish, this heater blends perfectly with your interior decoration. It is easy for your visitors to view it as a decoration and not a ceramic heater.
Nevertheless, it works just fine to heat and distribute warm air in the room. It has an oscillating function that ensures that the heated air flows in all directions in your room fast enough to make everyone comfortable.
Besides, you can adjust the performance of the heater by toggling across three temperature settings: low, medium, and high.
However, this heater has one major shortcoming: it cannot be effectively used to provide warmth in large rooms. This is a problem with all standard ceramic heaters that are rated 1,500w. Such heaters cannot be effective in large indoor spaces.
- The unique design of the heater complements interior decor styles
- It does not require additional assembly and installation processes
- Advanced built-in safety features
- It is not suitable for use in very large spaces
Benefits of Using Ceramic Heaters
It is easy to move your ceramic heater from one room to another because of this type of heaters are lightweight and specially designed to be used even on tabletops.
A typical ceramic heater has a sleek design and a slim body that takes little footprint. Therefore, you can easily place your heater on top of surfaces such as tables. The small size and slim design of this type of heaters compensate for the lack of wheels.
A ceramic heater heats larger areas and more evenly than a radiant heater. This is so because ceramic heaters have special heating elements that rotate during operation. The rotation of the ceramic heating element results in even distribution of the warmed air in a room.
More so, some ceramic heaters have advanced features that enhance their warming performance. Notably, some have patented technologies that help to release the warmed are faster and across large surface areas.
Typical radiant heaters do not have similar features. Therefore, using a ceramic heater can be the most effective way of heating a large room within a short time.
Ceramic heaters have several features that you can use to adjust their performance. You can use the programmable thermometer to automatically control the temperature in the room.
When properly set, the heater will automatically switch on the moment the temperatures drop to a certain point. Also, the heater can be programmed to automatically switch off when the temperature in the room rises to a certain level.
The timer of a ceramic heater is a great tool that enhances the flexibility that comes with using this type of heaters. By using the timer, you can determine when the heater can operate at either low, medium of the high mode.
Compared to oil-filled heaters, ceramic heaters are safer and more convenient. Although the diathermic oil in oil-filled heaters does not need to be replaced, it may spill in the event of an accident.
An oil spill from your heater may cause a fire accident at home. Using ceramic heaters does not pose this challenge because they do not have oil which may spill.
Types of Ceramic Heaters
Tower ceramic heaters
Tower ceramic heaters have been designed for providing heat in large rooms. Their tall and narrow bodies are suitable for ensuring that heating occurs in large areas.
Also, their ceramic heating elements are designed to maximize the amount of air that can be warmed when the heaters are in use.
This type of ceramic heaters may be the right choice for you if you would like to heat the air in large rooms or even the office. Their ceramic heating elements are capable of providing warmth in spaces that measure up to 300 square feet.
All ceramic heaters heating elements that rotate from left to right when the heaters are in operation. The oscillation of the heating element is necessary to ensure that warmed air is evenly distributed in a room.
Moreover, some tower ceramic heaters have special mechanisms of fanning the warmed air into different directions. Such heaters are quite effective in providing warmth in large spaces within very short timeframes.
Bladeless Ceramic Heaters
Bladeless ceramic heaters have been designed to provide maximum safety for users at home. If you are worried about your kids or pets getting injured from accidentally touching the hot surface of a heater, then you may consider acquiring a bladeless ceramic heater.
Unlike the tower types, bladeless heaters have their fans hidden deep at the base. The fan pushes hot air up a complex series of vents. The hot air then spreads throughout a room evenly, thus providing maximum comfort within a short time.
This design style ensures that the surface of the heater remains cooler than those of other types of ceramic heaters. As a result, a bladeless ceramic heater poses less danger to your kids and pets than the other two types: compact and tower.
Compact Ceramic Heaters
Compact ceramic heaters are unique because of their small size and lightweight. They are smaller than the other two types of ceramic heaters: bladeless and tower.
As a result of their small size and compact design, this type of ceramic heaters is normally placed on top of tables and desks.
Moreover, they can be used to effectively provide warm higher in the upper parts of rooms when they are placed atop desks and tables.
Because of their small sizes, these types of ceramic heaters are perfect for heating the air in small rooms such as bathrooms and bedrooms.
When placed either on the floor or a table, they are quite good at providing and circulating heated air in small spaces. They are usually the best choice when one needs to warm a small room and is conscious of the prices of heaters.
Features to Consider while Choosing the Best Ceramic Heater for Large Room
Always remember to check the kind of safety features that are included in a ceramic heater when making a decision. Although several safety features are used for ceramic heaters, the most common ones are a cut-off switch for overheating and a tip-over switch.
A cut-off switch for overheating protects the internal elements of the heater as well as users. When the temperature of a heating element in a ceramic heater exceeds a certain point, the cut-off switch is activated.
The heater automatically goes off as a precaution against overheating. The good news is that this safety feature is included in all-ceramic heaters available on the market today.
The tip-over feature works through motion sensors that can detect the rapid movement of the heater. If one hits the heater and it rolls over, the switch is activated and automatically shuts off the heater. This safety feature prevents the occurrence of fires as a result of the heater getting knocked over.
Always remember to check whether your ceramic heater has any or both of these safety features. Some ceramic heaters have additional safety features to protect users, children, and pets at home. Ideally, any ceramic heater with advanced safety features is better than one with a few.
It is better to own a ceramic heater that can be easily moved from one room to another than one which cannot be conveniently transported. Ceramic heaters, unlike oil-filled ones, do not have wheels to aid mobility.
However, the lack of wheels does not mean that ceramic heaters are not designed to be moved from one room to another. On the contrary, it is easier to move ceramic heaters than the oil-filled ones. This is so because ceramic heaters are generally lighter than the oil-filled ones.
When considering the level of portability of ceramic heaters, focus on their weight and the validity of handles. The weight of ceramic heaters ranges from 8 to 11 pounds in general. Also, a few brands of ceramic heaters have handles to aid portability.
Ideally, you should go for ceramic heaters that have low weight and possess handles. It will be easy to move such heaters from one place to another by using the handles.
Safety Precautions of Using Ceramic Heaters
Keep your heater away from combustible materials
Ceramic heaters, like any other type of heater, can overheat and cause fires. Similarly, the heaters may fall over and cause fires. To minimize the risk of fire outbreaks in your home, always keep combustible materials away from the ceramic heater. Such materials like clothes, papers, and plastics can easily catch fire if they are left very close to the heaters for a long time.
Keep the heater on a flat surface
Ceramic and oil-filed heaters are designed to be placed on flat surfaces such as the floor, desks, and tables. Do not place the heaters on slanted surfaces because they can easily roll over and fall. If a ceramic heater that is operating falls from a table, it can cause a fire or get completely damaged.
Ensure the heater has enough space
Ceramic heaters operate by converting electrical energy into heat. The ceramic heating element rotates from left to right and vice versa to ensure even distribution of heat in a room. Some ceramic heaters have special fans that are used to spread the heated air across spaces fast. Whether a ceramic heater has a fan or not, always lace it in a location without physical obstructions. Your heater requires enough space to effectively heat air and circulate it across the entire room.
Use the right cables
Ceramic heaters, like all the other types of heaters, have specific power ratings. To maintain the integrity of your heater, always use extensions and cords that can support the load. Using cords that cannot support the load may damage the heating component of your ceramic heater.
Hopefully, you were able to choose the best ceramic heater for your needs. The models reviewed here are only a fraction of the best ceramic heater for large room, but there are plenty of others to consider.
This post aims to help you make the right decision, keeping in mind all the important factors. Assess each unit to make sure it has all the features and meets your heating needs.
Remember, big is not always better. Measure your room size to determine how many BTUs you need. To save more energy, it’s wise to consider energy efficient space heaters for large rooms.