Are you planning to buy a whole-apartment dehumidifier this summer? It could be a very good investment. Although you’ll need a significant budget, compared to standard-size dehumidifiers, a whole-apartment dehumidifier solves all your humidity issues at once.
Also, if you’re wondering whether you must purchase a ducted model to serve the entire apartment, the answer is – not necessarily. Large, standalone units are just as effective as long it’s the right capacity.
We’ll discuss more on designs, working mechanisms, and features in a minute. However, let’s review some of the best dehumidifier for apartment first.
Benefits of a Whole-Apartment Dehumidifier
Excess moisture is a problem you don’t want to face in your apartment. It attracts mold and mildew and can cause wooden structures to rot. Mold and mildew are known to cause respiratory illnesses and trigger allergies. Symptoms often include endless sneezing and an itchy throat. Too much moisture can also destroy our books and files.
Naturally, you have the choice of multiple small dehumidifiers, perhaps one per room. However, a whole-apartment dehumidifier would be an even wiser investment. Here’s why;
- Save on upfront costs: Buying one large dehumidifier instead of several smaller ones can save you a few hundred dollars. Even if we assume that a small dehumidifier costs $100, you’d need at least five for the entire apartment. That’s $500. The average whole-apartment dehumidifier costs less than $300.
- Greater convenience: Who has the time to check on five dehumidifiers spread throughout the different rooms in the home? You probably have better things to do than walk from room to room to set humidity levels on each dehumidifier and turn them on/off every morning/night.
- Easier maintenance: Though dehumidifiers aren’t maintenance-intensive, you still need to clean the tank at least once monthly and wash the filters every two weeks. The filters are also replaced at least once every year. Now, imagine doing all these for five different dehumidifiers!
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Dehumidifier for Apartment
Obviously, one of the first things that come to mind when shopping for anything is the budget. How much does it cost?
Well, whole-apartment dehumidifies can cost anywhere between $150 and $2,000. The $150 models are often smaller, 30 PDD or less, standalone models designed for smaller spaces. The majority of $2,000 dehumidifiers are powerful ducted models rated up to 200 PPD and designed for spaces up to 7,000 square feet.
However, it’s not just the cost that matters. We strongly recommend that you prioritize the following five factors too;
- Capacity in PDD
The moisture removal capacity is measured in pints per day (PDD), though some may also give the figure in gallons per day or liters per day. Whichever the case, a higher rating means the unit can remove more moisture per hour and in a day. For an apartment, you need to remove at least 30 pints/day.
- Tank capacity in gallons
Since the collected moisture (condensed into water) has to go somewhere, the tank/bucket capacity is also critical. A small bucket/basin fills up quickly, necessitating more frequent draining. At the same time, too large a tank may mean an overly large dehumidifier. Ideally, you want a 1-3-gallon tank. One gallon = approximately 6.0 liters.
- Coverage in square feet
If there’s one factor that matters most about dehumidifier capacity, though, it’s the coverage. Coverage refers to the size of the room the dehumidifier can serve effectively without straining. So, a 3,000 sq. Ft. dehumidifier can comfortably serve a 3,000 sq. Ft. room or home. Make sure your room size matches or is slightly below the dehumidifier’s recommended coverage.
- Manual or continuous drain?
When the water collection bucket is full, it needs draining. Manual draining means you detach the tank and carry it to the sink for emptying. Meanwhile, all you need to do in the continuous drain approach is connect a drain hose to the bucket for automatic, continuous draining. You no longer have to worry about carrying the bucket to the sink.
- Features and controls
Standard features and controls to look out for when shopping for a dehumidifier for your apartment include auto-restart following a power outage, the presence of a filter, LED indicators, and auto-shutoff at full tank. Auto-defrost, auto error detection, child-lock settings, and timers are also worthy convenience controls.
Reliable manufacturer warranties back the best dehumidifiers. Make sure you’re getting at least 12 months (one year) within which you’re guaranteed free repairs or even replacement in case of mechanical failures. For compressor dehumidifiers, you want at least a three-year cover on the compressor.
Apartment Dehumidifier Maintenance
Regular maintenance is the key to a long and productive dehumidifier life. Fortunately, maintaining your dehumidifier is a straightforward process. Just follow the tips below;
- Use the appliance as per the owner’s manual: The manual will guide you on placement and draining.
- Position the dehumidifier properly on a level surface: The appliance is best positioned in an open area away from obstructions and used with closed doors and windows.
- Replace the filters once every two weeks or as per the manual: For reusable filters, you may be required to wash them once weekly.
- Clean the water basin/tank once per week with soap and water: Failure to wash the tank as directed can lead to the accumulation of dirt and eventually the growth of mold and mildew.
- Regularly inspect the condenser coils for frost and ice build-up: Some dehumidifiers have an auto-defrost function that prevents frosting.
- Regularly clean the air intake and exhaust grilles once each season: Dirty grilles can contribute to poor dehumidifier performance
Best Dehumidifier for Apartment – Reviews
The following are eight of the best dehumidifiers for an apartment. We’ve based our choices on several critical factors, including moisture removal capacity, ease of use, range of features, and cost, so rest assured to find a model that best suits your circumstances.
1. Inofia GA2 30-Pint Dehumidifier for Basement with Continuous Drain Hose
- 30 Pints Dehumidifier: With removal capacity of up to 30 pints of water per day (under 90% RH @ 95°F condition), this energy-efficient dehumidifier is ideal to dehumidify damp rooms up to 1056 sq ft, like attics, basements, bathrooms, laundry room, garages, and even campers or RV.
- Easy-to-use Dehumidifier: With a built-in humidistat, this smart dehumidifier will AUTO-STOP when set humidity level has been met and AUTO-RESTART when room humidity goes up again. The switchable fan speed add flexibility and the programmable 24H ON/OFF improves energy savings.
- User-friendly Drainage Options: This small dehumidifier will auto shut off when the 4-Pint (0.5 Gal.) water reservoir is full and audibly alert you to empty it. Too busy to empty it manually? This dehumidifier with drain hose (6.56-ft) allows you to simply attach the hose to achieve self-draining by gravity.
- Auto-Defrost & Power-Outage-Restart for Hassle-free Operation: Auto defrost function eliminates maintenance and allows this durable room dehumidifier to use in a cold environment low to 41°F. This basement dehumidifier is also designed to restart in the event of a power interruption.
- Ideal Dehumidifier for Home Use: With the compact size and a recessed handle, this portable dehumidifier is easy to carry from room to room. With a peak noise level at 46 dB(A), you can be worry-free to have this quiet dehumidifier running whenever and wherever you need.
Let’s kick off with this majestic unit from Inofia. If you’ve shopped for dehumidifiers and fans before, you’ll likely know that Inofia is a very popular brand. Their products are modern, and consumers also love their innovation. This particular product, the model HD161A dehumidifier, is a 30-gallon unit capable of removing up to 4.0 gallons per day.
It’s specifically designed for spaces up to 1,056 square feet; therefore perfectly fits small apartments. More importantly, it uses an intelligent humidity control center to maintain indoor humidity levels between 30% and 50%. The humidistat automatically adjusts humidity levels up and down in 5% increments/decrements to maintain the desired humidity setting.
An auto-stop function cuts the power supply when the desired level is reached, while an auto-restart kicks it back on when humidity levels fall below the selected setting. Using the 24-hour timer, you can also program it to run for a specified period, perhaps later in the day when you’re not around.
An auto-shutoff feature cuts off the power supply to prevent water from overflowing when the tank is full. You can empty the tank manually or opt for continuous drainage using the 6.56-foot drain hose.
- Auto defrost up to 41˚F
- Power outage restart
- Continuous or manual drain
- Low noise appliance (<46dB)
- Small bucket size (0.5 gallons)
- No remote control
2. Inofia 70-Pint 4,000 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier for Basement with Drain Hose
- ✔️『Superb Dehumidification』With max. moisture removal capacity rate of 70 pints per day (2012 DOE standard), Inofia YDA-828E are ideal residential dehumidifiers for basements, garages, humid bathroom, and any large and/or damp rooms up to 4,500 sq ft.
- ✔️『Unique Laundry Mode』This home dehumidifier with unique Laundry Mode to quickly dry your delicate clothes that require hang dry. The Auto-swinging louvers help to improve airflow or set them to deliver air to a particular direction for optimal results.
- ✔️『Smart Dehumidifier』This 70 pint dehumidifier will AUTO OFF when its water reservoir (7.4 Pints) is full or when the desired humidity level is reached, and AUTO RESTART when the room humidity raises up again or even after a power interruption.
- ✔️『Easy Setup』This basements dehumidifier features with an intuitive digital control panel on setting working mode, fan speed, AUTO ON/OFF timer, and outlet airflow direction. This 70 pt dehumidifier with drain hose (6.56 ft long) can self drain automatically and continuously by gravity.
- ✔️『Portable Low-Temperature Dehumidifier』The 4 Casters and 2 side-recessed handles allow easy movement throughout the whole house. The auto defrost function allows this large capacity compressor dehumidifier to use in a cold environment at 41°F.
If the model GA2 is too small for your needs, Inofia has several higher-capacity options, including the CFT4.0D and PD582A. However, the model YDA-828E is the pick of the bunch.
It’s a powerful 70-pint dehumidifier with a 7.4-pint water bucket (about 1.0 gallons). This makes it ideal for very large spaces, up to 4,000 square feet.
The adjustable humidistat allows you to set your ideal humidity level between 30% and 80% RH in 5% increments to maintain the most comfortable indoor climate. It automatically switches off when the set temperature is reached and switched back on whenever humidity levels drop below the desired level.
A handy continuous drain option means you don’t have to worry about emptying the tank. Simply connect the hose, select the continuous drain option, and continue with whatever you were doing.
However, you can also choose to detach the tank and manually empty the water. Remember to clean the tank regularly to prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
Other key features of the model YDA-828E include a 24-hour timer, multiple fan speeds, washable filters, an auto-defrost function, and two side-recessed handles. It also boasts four caster wheels for mobility.
- A sleek, modern appearance
- More powerful at 70 pints/day
- Manual or continuous drain
- Movable louvers
- 1-year warranty
- It costs about $100 more
- No smart controls
3. Ivation 50-Pint 4,500 Square Foot Energy Star Dehumidifier with Pump
- This Compressor Dehumidifier Keeps Spaces Up to 4,500 Sq. Ft. Cool & Comfortable by Removing 50 Pints of Moisture/Day (70 Pint according to the old DOE [Department of Energy] standards, in 2019 this was classified as 70 pint and it now needs to be classified as 50 pint but IT REMOVED THE SAME MOISTURE AS THE OLD 70 PINT)
- Built-In Humidity Sensor - The LCD accurately displays the current humidity level in the room, enabling you to set your ideal levels for automatic moisture control
- Built-In 16W Pump Delivers Worry-Free Use w/Continuous Upward Water Drainage Out of Basement Window or Into Sink
- Bright LED Display Indicates Humidistat & Setting, Fan Speed, Timer, Filter Alert & More
- Highlights Include Eco-Efficiency (ENERGY STAR Certified), Casters, Auto-Defrost, & Auto-Restart
The model IVALDH70PWWP dehumidifier is a product you’ll come across quite frequently when shopping for a large space dehumidifier. It’s a 50-pint unit (70 PDD if you use the old ratings), making it ideal for spaces up to 4,500 square feet.
The unit shuts off automatically when the 1.3-gallon reservoir is full. The check water level indicator will also blink. You can empty it manually or drain it continuously via the included 16.4-foot hose.
You’ll note that it’s a compressor dehumidifier. Compressor dehumidifiers work almost like air conditioners. They rely on very cold refrigerant lines to extract moisture from indoor air.
The air is drawn into the dehumidifier via a fan, passed over the cold refrigerant lines, where the moisture condenses, then the now-dry air is returned into the room.
At just 40 pounds, it fits discreetly in almost any space. However, durable, rolling caster wheels allow for mobility if you wish to move it between applications. The two fan settings, simple LCD control panel, a 24-hour timer, and built-in filters are the other notable features.
- Powerful at 70 PDD
- Manual or continuous drain
- Frost sensor and safety auto-shutoff
- Washable filters
- No mention of warranty
4. Aprilaire 1850Z 5,200 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier, 95-Pint Commercial Dehumidifier
- Monitors and mitigates humidity separate
- Automatic digital controls
- Wi-Fi control
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
- Another great item from Flora Hydroponics
If you desire a more permanent solution to your apartment moisture issues, a ducted system would be your best solution. Ducted systems are integrated into the rest of your HVAC system to work in tandem with your heating (and cooling) systems for optimal indoor air conditions. They also utilize the existing ductwork to extract moisture from the entire home, guaranteeing greater efficiency and effectiveness.
The model 1850Z from Aprilaire is one such dehumidifier system. Simply connect it to your HVAC system, and you’re done. Better still, it supports continuous drainage, though you’ll need to purchase the drain hose separately.
Once you have the hose, connect it to the dehumidifier, and it will automatically empty the tank continuously without any effort on your part. It removes an incredible 12 gallons (95 gallons) per day and is recommended for spaces up to 5,200 square feet.
There’s a lot more to love about the model 1850Z dehumidifier. The LCD control panel mounts on the top or front for flexible use and easy access. It also has leveling feet to keep the unit balanced throughout the operation.
Above all, it features an auto-restart function that automatically turns on the dehumidifier when the humidity levels drop below the set level.
- Built to last with corrosion-resistant coils
- Powerful. Removes up to 12 gallons/day
- Set it and forget it auto-stop/restart
- The package includes MERV-8 filters
- Drain hose sold separately
- No rolling caster wheels
5. HEVILLO 2,000 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier for Home with 0.66 Gallon Water Tank
- HEVILLO DEHUMIDIFIER FOR SPACES UP TO 2000 SQ FT - Our dehumidifier is capable of removing up to 40 pint (5 gallons) of moisture within an area of 2000 Sq Ft per day (Under 95°F, 90%RH condition, the max dehumidification capacity up to 50 pints), and is able to adjust the humidity from 30% to 85%, so as to maintain the healthy humidity range between 45% and 55%! This dehumidifier is suitable for basement, home, bathroom, garage, bedroom, office, kitchen, laundry, storage room and crawl space.
- SPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR MODERN HOMES - Compared to most cumbersome dehumidifiers, our products are simple and stylish with 360° invisible easy-rolling wheels and ergonomic recessed handles, so that they can be moved to any places very easily. The silent fan will never bring any disturbance when you’re in sleep or at work and the noise is as low as 40dB which makes people can hardly feel its existence. The fan speed can be adjusted, a variety of working mode options and 24-hour timer function.
- EASY TO USE - Manual drainage: set the ideal humidity and then keep it continuously running for 24 hours until the 0.66 gallon water tank is full, it will shut down automatically and the tank full indicator will let you know when you need to empty the water tank. Auto drainage: One hose about 6.56ft long is provided to be connected to the drainage system to remove water through gravity. Meanwhile, the reusable and washable filter is provided to effectively ensure the quality of fresh air!
- INTELLIGENT CONTROL - Digital display enables the accurate humidity level to be read more intuitively. Set the ideal humidity level an it will sense the room humidity intelligently and start dehumidification control automatically. When the specified humidity level is reached, it will stop working automatically until the dehumidification level is higher than the setting level. It’s also capable of automatic defrosting in low temperature.
- 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION - Choose our dehumidifiers with full confidence. HEVILLO Provide 30-day money-back guarantee and one year of warranty, as well as warranty extension in the second year and lifetime technical support, so that our customers can obtain the best product experiences. In case of any problems, please contact us immediately and we will respond within 24 hours with satisfactory solutions. Buy HEVILLO now!
The HEVILLO model PD08D is a smaller dehumidifier, more comparable to the Inofia GA2. It’s rated 40 PDD, equivalent to about 5.0 gallons/day, and is suitable for spaces up to 2,000 square feet. However, it’s extremely reliable and can effortlessly maintain humidity levels between 45% and 55%. The internal fan blows at up to 112 CFM.
The dehumidifier’s key features include a 24-hour timer for increased convenience and energy conservation and an auto-defrost function that allows the unit to function down to 41˚F.
The auto on/off function is another attractive feature. When the water tank is full, the dehumidifier goes off automatically. It then resumes operation automatically after the tank is drained and reattached.
You can choose manual or continuous drainage. If you opt for continuous drainage, the 6.56-foot drain hose attaches to the draining hose at the equipment’s back. An auto error-detection function makes maintenance a little easier. The LCD screen displays all errors to help with diagnosis, maintenance, and repair.
The manufacturer offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and a one-year warranty. Better still, you can choose to extend the warranty in the second year and opt into the lifetime customer support program.
- Includes Clothes Drying mode
- Very quiet at 40 dB
- Intelligent humidity control
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 1-year warranty + optional extension
- Small PDD capacity
- Small water bucket
6. Honeywell, White TP50WK Energy Star Dehumidifier for up to 3,000 Sq. Ft.
- Energy Star qualified dehumidifier removes moisture with less energy than conventional dehumidifiers
- Removes up to 30 pints of moisture (50 pint 2012 DOE standard) from the air every 24 hours in a room up to 3,000 square feet.
- Controls humidity for a more comfortable home environment
- Smart digital humidistat control system automatically senses room moisture levels and activates dehumidification
- LED digital display indicates room temperature, humidity level and timer settings
This Honeywell dehumidifier is the most compact on this list at just 10.5 x 13.2 x 20.1 inches. It’s also very lightweight at about 36.2 pounds. However, the compact design doesn’t take away from its powerful performance. It removes 30 pints/day (50 PDD under old DOE standards) and can comfortably serve a 3,000-foot area, more than the average apartment’s size.
Features we like about the model TP50WK include the modern design with intelligent digital controls. The smart humidistat automatically senses room moisture levels and activates or stops dehumidification as necessary to maintain your humidity setting. Additionally, the LCD digital screen displays temperature, humidity levels, and timer settings.
A full tank indicator will alert you when it’s time to empty the tank. You can choose continuous hose drain or manual emptying. The required drain hose is included for your convenience. The unit is also equipped with filters to eliminate airborne particles and patent-pending Splash Guards to prevent messy spills.
Heavy-duty handles make it easy to move the dehumidifier from one application to the next. It also boasts four caster wheels for easier mobility.
- Powerful, for up to 3,000 Sq. Ft.
- Smart digital controls
- Handles and smooth, gliding wheels
- Includes washable dust filters
- 5-year sealed system warranty
- Low PDD (30 pints/day)
7. TOSOT 35-Pint 3,000 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier for Basement, Energy Star Certified
- 3,000 SQ FT: Our dehumidifier can remove up to 35 pints of water every 24 hours (same as 50 Pint units under 2012 DOE standard.) A lower humidity level allows your AC system to work more efficiently because it's easier to change the temperature of dry air compared to moist, super-humid air.
- AUTO DRAIN: This dehumidifier will stop running if the water bucket fills up. Save time with automatic drainage by hooking up a 3/4 inch dehumidifier drain hose (not included) to your dehumidifier. If you don't want continuous drainage you can use the removable water bucket (1.5 gallon capacity) to manually empty the dehumidifier and restart moisture removal.
- REAL-TIME MONITORING: After choosing a target humidity level the control panel will display the current humidity level. The dehumidifier will power off after reaching the target you set. If you want the dehumidifier to run nonstop regardless of the current humidity level, press the minus button until the control panel displays "NS." The dehumidifier will run until the drain bucket is full, which will never happen if you have the continuous drain set up.
- SILENT OPERATION: This dehumidifier is so quiet you might even forget it's there. A peak sound level of 50 decibels (using high speed) will be almost as quiet as a private suburban street or a normal conversation at home.
- SAVES YOU MONEY: Since it is Energy-Star rated, this dehumidifier will quickly remove moisture from the air without running up your utility bill. Energy Star appliances are not just better for the environment, they also cost 30% less to operate compared to non-Energy Star appliances.
TOSOT dehumidifiers are also compressor dehumidifiers that use cold refrigerant lines to condense and extract moisture in indoor air. This particular option, the model GDN35BB-A3EBA2A, is a moderately powerful unit rated at 35 pints/day. However, it can serve areas as large as 3,000 square feet. It’s also very energy efficient, as evidenced by the Energy Star rating.
At 52/50/48 decibels, you can tell that it’s a fairly silent appliance. The noise reduces even further, to 45 dB or lower, in the quieter settings. In the event of a power outage, the dehumidifier will resume operation at the previous settings. Real-time monitoring from the LCD control panel allows you to maintain optimal humidity levels throughout.
It has a 1.5-gallon capacity, which is large enough for most applications. You can choose to empty the tank manually by carrying it to the sink or opt for continuous drainage. The required ¼-inch drain hose is included. Whichever option you choose, the dehumidifier goes off automatically when the tank is full to prevent overflow.
The unit features washable filters to prevent dirt and other airborne particles from entering the indoor air. A check filter indicator will alert you when it’s time to wash the filters. Remember to replace the filters after every 250 hours of operation.
- Ideal for up to 3,000 Sq. Ft.
- Manual or continuous drain
- Quiet at up to 48 dB
- Energy Star Certified
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- No mobility wheels
8. KENSOS Model PD253D 4,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier for Large Home and Basement
- KESNOS DEHUMIDIFIER FOR SPACES UP TO 4500 SQ FT - Our dehumidifier removes up to 70 pint (under 95°F,90%RH condition) of moisture per 24 hours, fit for medium to large rooms in areas up to 4, 500 Sq. Ft. and is able to adjust humidity from 30% to 85%, you can maintain a healthy 45%-55% humidity range easily! A dehumidifier perfect for home, basements, office, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, stockroom, living room, laundry room, cellars, crawlspace by removing humidity.
- UNIQUE DESIGN FOR THE MODERN HOME - The Kesnos dehumidifiers designed with sleek and modern look. With 360° easy-roll hidden wheels and ergonomically recessed handles, you can move around this dehumidifier easily. It is quiet operation that won't disturb you when you sleep or at work and adjustable fan speeds for multiple choices. With dry clothes function, you simply place the dehumidifier in a room where you can hang the wet clothes and let it dry clothes naturally.
- EASY TO USE DEHUMIDIFIERS - Simply adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, at which point it will automatically shut-off. 2 drainage options for your draining choices: Auto Drain: The with included 2m (6.56 feet) drain hose for continuously auto-drain your dehumidifier without emptying the water bucket. Manual Drain: The 1.18 Gallons Water Tank and Bucket Full Indicator lets you know when the water bucket needs to be emptied.
- INTELLIGENT TOUCH CONTROL - This dehumidifier with digital display offers a convenient and accurate humidity level readout, you can operate it easily. Humidity Auto Control: Simply adjust to your ideal moisture setting, it will smartly sense room humidity and control dehumidify. 24-hour Timer: Allow you to preset the time to turn on or off the machine. Automatic Shut Off/On: Shuts off automatically when the bucket is full, and switch it on again after the bucket been emptied.
- SUPPORT- All of Kesnos Dehumidifiers are covered with 30-Days Money Back, 1 Year Warranty, 2nd year warranty extension when your product registered and lifetime expert tech support. If there is any question, please don't hesitate to contact us, we will reply to you within 24 hours and help you solve the problems.
Finally, the model PD253D from KENSOS is another attractive choice when shopping for a dehumidifier for your apartment. It’s a very powerful unit at 70 pints/day (50 PDD under the new DEO standards) and can effectively serve spaces up to 4,500 square feet. The intelligent humidity control system keeps humidity levels between 30% and 80% RH.
When the 1.18gallon tank (4.5 liters) is full, a “Full Tank” indicator lights up to alert you that it’s time to empty the tank. The dehumidifier will also switch off automatically to prevent overflow.
You can empty it manually or continuously via a drain hose. The required 6.56-foot drain hose is included. This dehumidifier works down to 41˚F thanks to the auto-defrost function.
Other features that stand out about the model PD253D from KENSOS are the Clothes Drying mode and Child Lock setting. The clothes drying mode will extract moisture off your wet clothes, leaving them dry. Meanwhile, the child-lock setting prevents anyone from changing the settings. To use it, press the “Lock” button continuously for two seconds.
The dehumidifier has an error-detection feature for your convenience. However, you’re still advised to use it properly and ensure regular maintenance. Wash down the water bucket every two weeks and the filters at least once every two weeks.
- Powerful, ideal for up to 4,500 Sq. Ft.
- Features child-lock setting
- Features clothes drying mode
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 1-year warranty, with extension
- No remote/smart controls
Apartment Dehumidifier FAQs
What size humidifier do I need for my apartment? You’ll need a 30 PDD+ dehumidifier. However, the actual size depends on the actual size of the apartment and the seriousness of your moisture problems.
Where should I put my dehumidifier in my apartment? Always try to place it in an open area with few obstructions but away from view. This makes crawl spaces and basements two of the best locations for whole-apartment dehumidifiers.
Should I get a dehumidifier for my apartment? Yes, if you’re experiencing high-moisture signs, including mold/mildew, dripping walls, fogged windows, and water pooling. A dehumidifier will easily remedy these issues.
How do you dehumidify an apartment? The best way to dehumidify your apartment is by using a whole-apartment dehumidifier. A whole apartment dehumidifier is powerful enough to remove moisture from the entire house.
The summer weather, though great for outdoor activities, comes with fairly high humidity levels. Some areas may experience up to 110 percent+ relative humidity.
You don’t want to expose your family and home to such high humidity levels as the consequences can be costly, often ranging from respiratory illnesses to structural damage. A whole-apartment dehumidifier can help prevent unnecessarily high indoor humidity levels.