When buying a product, the cost is always a significant factor to consider. Most consumers prefer buying what they can afford and comfortably maintain. The search for the best dehumidifier under 200 can take you in circles if you don’t know the kinds of units you should buy.
Luckily, we’ve gathered in-depth information and came up with 6 of the best dehumidifiers you should consider buying, which are priced under $200. Dehumidifiers are beneficial to use in your home, but buying the wrong unit can lead to negative results and regrets.
If you’re looking to buy the right products, the reviews below will shed some light on what you should consider purchasing on the market.
Are Cheap Dehumidifiers Any Good?
When planning on buying a dehumidifier under $200, it’s important to consider crucial factors to avoid regretting. Our buying guide will focus on answering some of the frequently asked questions, and also offer you the best tip so that you can make the right purchase.
The wise saying “Cheap is expensive,” has always made people shy away from buying cheap products. Although it’s important to avoid jumping into and buying the next cheap product you see, sometimes it’s considerable and beneficial. Dehumidifiers help to reduce humidity levels and offer you comfort. They come in different shapes, sizes, and prices.
Yes, cheap dehumidifiers are good, but it will depend on where you’re buying from, the brand, and the efficiency of the unit. The cost of dehumidifiers starts from $50 and above, but it’s essential to keep in mind that cheaper units have a smaller capacity. The capacity is the amount of moisture the dehumidifier can remove from the air.
Cheap dehumidifiers also come with fewer features and are less likely to have a laundry setting, castors, and integrated cord storage. However, any dehumidifier (even cheap ones) will have a display and auto setting. Dehumidifiers are mostly rated based on their reliability. Therefore, if a dehumidifier is reliable and efficient, it’s ideal to buy it even if it is cheap.
When to Use a Dehumidifier
The main objective of a dehumidifier is to reduce humidity in a space. Therefore, you can use a dehumidifier whether it’s summer or winter. This is mainly because high humidity in the summer is not good for your health, and low humidity in the winter isn’t either. That makes a dehumidifier suitable to use in both summer and winter.
Another instance that may prompt you to use a dehumidifier is if you happen to have sticky, swampy, or stuffy rooms. Also, you can use a dehumidifier if you have window condensation, musty odors, mold and mildew increase, increase in pest problems, exacerbation of allergy symptoms, watermarks on walls or ceilings, and rotting wood. The most recommended time to use a dehumidifier is before humidity starts affecting your household.
Pros and Cons of Dehumidifier
Dehumidifiers are the best appliances you can use to combat humidity issues brought about by excessive amounts of water vapor in the air. However, just like any product, they do come with their advantages and disadvantages.
Check them out below.
- Tackles allergies – The benefit of using a dehumidifier is that it can help you deal with allergies as it gets rid of mold and high humidity. Excess moisture in the air can promote mold growth and cause allergies. However, low humidity in your home can reduce this issue and provide you with good health.
- It offers comfort – Since a dehumidifier reduces humidity, this helps to provide you with comfort in your home, garage, or any other workplace. High humidity levels are unbearable, which is why using a dehumidifier can be an excellent option.
- Energy-efficient – Most manufacturers are currently producing energy-efficient dehumidifiers to help consumers save on energy costs. This is also another notable benefit of dehumidifiers that make them worth using.
- Improves air quality – The work of dehumidifiers is to reduce high humidity levels. Therefore, this makes them suitable because they improve the air quality in your home.
- Noisy – Some Dehumidifiers tend to be noisy, and this makes them unsuitable to use in bedrooms and offices.
- It requires regular maintenance – For optimal performance, dehumidifiers need to be well maintained and this may incur other costs. Therefore, this is a major drawdown of having a dehumidifier.
- Some are heavy – Most of the portable dehumidifiers are only suitable for small spaces. Therefore, if you want to use a dehumidifier in a large space, you will have to buy a bigger one which is usually heavy and difficult to carry or set up.
Where Should You Place a Dehumidifier?
Placing a dehumidifier is a crucial factor to consider because doing it wrong can result in poor performance. This is one of the most sought-after questions, as most people don’t want to end up doing the wrong thing. Before buying the best dehumidifier under $200, you first have to learn the best ways to place it. Below we’ll share a few insights about this.
The best place to put your dehumidifier is where the source of humidity is. You also need to check the size of the room and ensure you buy a dehumidifier that is effective enough for it. Another thing is to ensure that you get rid of anything that might restrict airflow in and out of the dehumidifier.
Once you identify the source of the moisture, that’s actually the best place to put your dehumidifier. Ideal rooms to put a dehumidifier in your home include the bathroom, kitchen, basement, and crawlspace.
How to Use a Dehumidifier Properly
When you want to get the best out of your humidity, here are some of the things you need to do:
- Always Set the Humidity Level: The first thing you always need to do is ensure that you properly set the humidity level. The best relative humidity level is between 30% and 50%. This is according to the recommendation from Energy Star, as 30 to 40 percent is ideal in colder areas during the hot summer season. High humidity can breed mildew, bring allergies, and dust termites.
- Place Your Dehumidifier at the Right Spot: It’s not just about buying the cheapest or the best dehumidifier under $200. You also have to consider placing it in the right spot. Ensure you allow enough room for optimal airflow and performance.
- Close Windows and Doors: It’s important to close your windows and doors for your dehumidifier to work efficiently. When you enclose all your doors and windows, this allows the dehumidifier to perform excellently and offers you the best experience.
- Regularly Empty the Tank: When your dehumidifier’s tank is full, an indicator always lights up and this shuts it off. If you want the dehumidifier to keep on running when you’re far away or outside the house, you should regularly empty the tank, especially in high season.
- Clean It Regularly: Strive to always clean your dehumidifier for optimal performance. You should wash and dry the filter of your dehumidifier regularly. Some models have an indicator that informs you when the filter needs cleaning.
5 Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Dehumidifier Under 200
Here are important things you should consider before buying a dehumidifier under $200:
- Size – Ensure you measure the size of the dehumidifier and compare it with the space you want to use it. You should not use a small dehumidifier in a small space because it won’t be effective enough.
- Energy-efficiency – Buy a dehumidifier that saves on energy and reduces your electricity costs.
- Capacity – Check the ability of the dehumidifier in terms of the pints of moisture it can remove in 24 hours. If you’re dealing with a large space, a dehumidifier with a capacity to remove over 50 pints of moisture per day is ideal to consider.
- Humidity control – Consider buying a dehumidifier that comes with automated controls to monitor and set the relative humidity levels.
6 Best Dehumidifiers Under 200 – Reviews
1. AIRPLUS 30 Pints Dehumidifier
- High-Efficiency Dehumidification: Airplus dehumidifiers - (1907) for home remove up to 30 pints (under 90% RH @ 86°F condition) of moisture per day.
- Convenient Drainage & Sufficient Capacity: Using a dehumidifier hose to drain continuously and automatically frees you from the hassle of manual job. The 1.5L capacity of our dehumidifiers is sufficient to use. If the water tank is full, the machine will shut off until it is emptied. More convenient and efforts-saving!
- Easy Operation & Multipurpose Modes: The portable dehumidifier is easy to use. There are four modes-STANDARD, DRYING, SLEEP and RAINING to fulfill different needs. Switch among modes to achieve the desired dehumidification effect. Thanks to the timing boot/shutdown function, save a load of trouble. What’s more, universal wheels make movements easily.
- Quiet Moisture Absorber & Multiple Scenes: Quiet moisture removal keeps you away from annoying noise. An ideal dehumidifier for bedroom that will not disturb your rest also does a great job in the living room, RV, kitchen, and closet. Meanwhile, it works perfectly as a dehumidifier for basements. Create a pleasant and comfortable life.
- Perfect After Service: Our basement dehumidifiers for home come with a 2-year quality service of a replacement or a full refund. If you have any problems, please CONTACT our team to get help.
A highly efficient dehumidifier such as the AIRPLUS 30 Pints Dehumidifier can help you get rid of moisture faster without any complexities.
This dehumidifier can remove up to 30 pints of moisture per day and it also offers convenient drainage. The hose provided helps you drain water continuously and frees you from all the hassles of a manual job.
It also has a sufficient 1.5L capacity and if the water tank is full, the machine will automatically shut off until you empty it. Using the AIRPLUS 30 Pints Dehumidifier is very easy and it also features multipurpose modes. These are the four modes which include; the Standard, Drying, Sleep, and Raining.
You can switch among the four modes included in this dehumidifier to achieve the dehumidification effect that you want. The auto shut-off function also saves you a lot of trouble, and the universal wheels make the unit portable and easy to move. The quiet moisture absorber features make the dehumidifier silent while working, keeping you away from any annoying noise.
- Highly efficient
- Dries quickly
- Excellent design
- Easy to operate
- May encounter issues after long use
- It’s only suitable for small spaces
- It requires a drip pan as it may leak
2. Yaufey 1500 Sq. Ft Dehumidifier
- PROFESSIONAL & EFFICIENT DEHUMIDIFICATION: With removal capacity of up to 32.7 pints of moisture per day. (Please note: under 95°F, 90%RH condition, the max dehumidification capacity up to 32.7 pints), This energy-efficient dehumidifier is suitable for your basement, home, bathroom, bedroom, garage, and other indoor spaces up to 1750 Sq. Ft
- PORTABLE & SIMPLE FOR USE: Never complicated, Yaufey dehumidifier features a light-touch intelligent control panel, which makes operation panel be clear at a glance. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the 1.8L tank is full, at which point it will automatically shut-off. Tired of manual drainage? A drain hose outlet for continuous draining offer for you(The 2-meter long drain hose is included)
- HUMANIZATION DESIGN: Dehumidifiers offer regular and turbo fan speeds for optional. The low-noise design will get you far away from the disturbing noise when sleeping or studying. The removable and washable filter means easy maintenance — Simply clean it regularly and then recycle. Program the 24-hour timer to suit your lifestyle and save energy costs. All human design can ensure you a best experience with your dehumidifier
- EASY TO MOVE AND CARRY:Compared to portable dehumidifiers that do not dehumidify well,and those dehumidify well but unwieldy. Consider this, The convenient built-in wheels and handles make Yaufey dehumidifier so easy to move from one room to another. This dehumidifier solves both the dehumidification effect and the portability problem
- 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE:Although the price of this home dehumidifier is high,don't buy inferior products because of cheap,We have 100% confidence in Yaufey dehumidifier. All of Dehumidifiers you bought are covered with 30-Days Money Back Guarantee, 12-month free replacements and lifetime support. Please contact us by our after-sale email if there is any issue, we will reply to you within 12 hours and help you solve the problem
Although it’s only suitable for a small space of approximately 1500 sq. ft, the Yaufey 1500 Sq. Ft Dehumidifier is the best dehumidifier under $200 that you should consider buying.
It has its fair share of drawdowns, but the benefits outweigh the disadvantages. The good thing about this dehumidifier is that it’s professional, efficient, and provides a near-perfect dehumidification experience.
It can remove up to 32.7 pints of moisture per day and it’s also energy-efficient. You can use this dehumidifier in your basement, garage, bedroom, or bathroom.
The Yaufey 1500 Sq. Ft Dehumidifier is also not complicated to use since it comes with a light-touch intelligent control panel that lets you operate the settings at a glance.
Adjusting the settings is easy and you can let it run continuously for 24 hours. Once the tank is full, the dehumidifier will automatically shut off.
The drain hose outlet provides continuous draining. You’ll also find multiple humanized features that allow you to select between regular and turbo fan speeds for optimal performance.
- Simple to use
- Easy to clean
- Humidity auto control
- Not durable enough
- It may encounter a leaking issue
- Flimsy drain line
3. Vacplus 60 Pints Efficient Dehumidifier
This efficient dehumidifier can comfortably remove up to 60 pints per day. The Vacplus 60 Pints Efficient Dehumidifier is easy to operate and you can also use it in your basement and automatically shuts off when it reaches the desired capacity.
Similar to the AIRPLUS 30 Pints dehumidifier, this unit also comes with four modes which include; Standard, Sleep, Raining, and Drying.
Portability is also unique that makes the Vacplus 60 Pints Efficient Dehumidifier suitable to buy. Although it’s heavy, moving it is quite easy thanks to the nimble casters.
The nimble casters alleviate clunky movements, as these universal wheels make it easier to move the unit faster and save time. The detachable filter in this Vacplus 60 Pints Efficient Dehumidifier is also easy to remove and assemble later once you’re done cleaning.
The unit has a compact structure that makes it ideal for a wide application and flexible movement. It also features intelligent constant humidity that detects real-time humidity, and when the value reaches maximum or minimum, the dehumidifier will automatically start or stop.
There is a two-way timing function that you can use to set up the shutdown or boot time, and this enables you to set it and forget.
- Easy to operate
- Two methods drainage
- Quiet dehumidification
- Detachable washable filter
- Large water tank
- Great design
- Not durable enough
- May become risky after long use
4. Waykar 2000 Sq. Ft Dehumidifier
- Dehumidifier for Space Up to 2000 Sq. Ft: Our dehumidifiers are able to remove up to 34 pints (under 95°F,90%RH condition) of moisture per day. (Please note: under 95°F,90%RH condition,the max dehumidification capacity up to 34 pints) in areas up to 2000 Sq. Ft and adjust humidity from 30% to 85%.It is a dehumidifier ideal for any basements, office, home, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, stockroom, living room, laundry room, cellars, crawlspace, etc..
- Unique Design for The Modern Home: The Waykar dehumidifiers designed with sleek and modern look. With 360° rotatable wheels and ergonomically lift up handles, you can move around this dehumidifier easily. A quiet fan that won't disturb you when you sleep or at work, adjustable fan speeds for multiple choices. 24-hour Timer Setting for preset operation and reduced energy consumption
- Intelligent Control: After you set your desired humidity, the dehumidifier will run intelligently. Humidity Auto Control-Simply adjust to your desire humidity, it will work smartly, when it reached its designated humidity, it will automatically stop working and then automatically restart to dehumidify when the humidity above target is sensed. Automatic Shut Off/On-Shuts off automatically when the bucket is full and switch it on again after the bucket emptied. Power Outage Automatic Restart
- Easy To Use: Auto Drain - The unit comes with a 6.56 feet drain hose that you can attached to the drain pipe hole to continually drain water that is dehumidified. Manual Drain - The water tank is 0.66 gallon/2.5 L,when it reaches maximum capacity, the "Full Tank "indicator will light up, the dehumidifier will automatically switch off until the tank has been emptied. Meanwhile, a reusable and washable filter preserves fresh and clean air quality
- Support: All of Waykar Dehumidifiers are covered with 30-Days Money Back if you are not satisfied with the product, 1 year warranty, 2nd year warranty extension and lifetime expert tech support. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is any question, we will reply to you within 24 hours and help you solve the problems. Waykar customer support team is always just one-email away
The Waykar 2000 Sq. Ft Dehumidifier can remove up to 34 pints of moisture per day. The dehumidifier is suitable for basements, garages, laundry room, crawlspace, kitchen, bedroom, and living room. It features a unique design suitable for modern homes with 3600 rotatable wheels and lift-up handles.
It features a quiet fan that doesn’t disturb you while sleeping or working, and you can also easily adjust the fan speeds for multiple choices. There is a 24-hour timer setting for preset operation and reduces energy consumption. The intelligent control allows you to set the desired humidity and run automatically.
The humidity auto control of this Waykar 2000 Sq. Ft Dehumidifier works smartly and when it reaches its designated humidity level, it will automatically stop working and then automatically restart to dehumidify when it senses the humidity above target.
There is an auto and manual drain, and the benefit of this unit is that keeping it clean provides it with optimal performance.
- Unique design
- Intelligent control
- Easy to use
- Easy to move
- Auto and manual drain
- Auto shut-off/on
- Small unit
- Cheaply made
- Only suitable for small spaces
5. Kesnos 2500 Sq. Ft Dehumidifier for Home and Basements
- DEHUMIDIFIER FOR SPACES UP TO 2500 SQ FT - Our dehumidifier can remove up to 34 pints (under 95°F,90%RH condition) of moisture per day. (Please note: under 95°F,90%RH condition, the max dehumidification capacity up to 34 pints), fit for medium to large rooms in areas up to 2500 Sq. Ft and is able to adjust humidity from 30% to 85%. It is a dehumidifier perfect for basements, home, office, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, stockroom, living room, laundry room, cellars, crawlspace by removing humidity
- UNIQUE DESIGN FOR THE MODERN HOME - This Kesnos's portable dehumidifier is designed with sleek and modern look, with 360° easy-roll hidden wheels and ergonomically recessed handles, you can move around this dehumidifier easily. It is quiet operation that won't disturb you when you sleep or at work and adjustable fan speeds for multiple choices. With dry clothes function, you simply place the dehumidifier in a room where you can hang the wet clothes and let it dry clothes naturally
- EASY OPERATION - It will run and will automatically shut-off when it reach the point. 2 drainage options for your draining choices: Auto Drain: With included 2m (6.56 feet) drain hose for continuously auto-drain your dehumidifier without emptying the water bucket. Manual Drain: The 0.6 Gallons Water Tank and Bucket Full Indicator lets you know when the water bucket needs to be emptied. Auto defrost function: It can detect the need for defrosting and process defrost automatically
- INTELLIGENT CONTROL -Humidity Auto Control: After set your ideal moisture setting, it will smartly sense room humidity and control dehumidify. 24hr Timer: Allow you to preset the time to turn on or off the machine. Auto Shut Off/On: Shuts off automatically when the bucket is full, and switch it on again after the bucket been emptied. Power off Auto restart: Restarts automatically and comes back on before setting after the power available again
The Kesnos 2500 Sq. Ft Dehumidifier can remove up to 34 pints of moisture per day. It’s suitable for both medium and large rooms of a maximum of 2500 sq. ft.
When using this dehumidifier, you can adjust the humidity level from 30 to 85 percent, which makes it perfect for offices, homes, bedrooms, living rooms, and even cellars.
The unique design of this unit makes it ideal for modern homes, plus it’s portable enough to move from one place to another. Thanks to its quiet operation feature, you won’t have to worry about any noise when you want to use the unit in your bedroom or office.
You can also place this dehumidifier in a room where you hang wet clothes since it has dry clothes function that naturally dries clothes. The Kesnos 2500 Sq. Ft Dehumidifier automatically shuts off when it reaches its target and it includes two drainage options to choose from.
- Excellent design
- Easy to use
- Easy to move
- Intelligent control
- Auto shut-off/on
- Easy maintenance
- Auto and manual drain
- Not durable enough
6. HEVILLO 2000 Sq. Ft Dehumidifier
- HEVILLO DEHUMIDIFIER FOR SPACES UP TO 2000 SQ FT - Our dehumidifier is capable of removing up to 40 pint (5 gallons) of moisture within an area of 2000 Sq Ft per day (Under 95°F, 90%RH condition, the max dehumidification capacity up to 50 pints), and is able to adjust the humidity from 30% to 85%, so as to maintain the healthy humidity range between 45% and 55%! This dehumidifier is suitable for basement, home, bathroom, garage, bedroom, office, kitchen, laundry, storage room and crawl space.
- SPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR MODERN HOMES - Compared to most cumbersome dehumidifiers, our products are simple and stylish with 360° invisible easy-rolling wheels and ergonomic recessed handles, so that they can be moved to any places very easily. The silent fan will never bring any disturbance when you’re in sleep or at work and the noise is as low as 40dB which makes people can hardly feel its existence. The fan speed can be adjusted, a variety of working mode options and 24-hour timer function.
- EASY TO USE - Manual drainage: set the ideal humidity and then keep it continuously running for 24 hours until the 0.66 gallon water tank is full, it will shut down automatically and the tank full indicator will let you know when you need to empty the water tank. Auto drainage: One hose about 6.56ft long is provided to be connected to the drainage system to remove water through gravity. Meanwhile, the reusable and washable filter is provided to effectively ensure the quality of fresh air!
- INTELLIGENT CONTROL - Digital display enables the accurate humidity level to be read more intuitively. Set the ideal humidity level an it will sense the room humidity intelligently and start dehumidification control automatically. When the specified humidity level is reached, it will stop working automatically until the dehumidification level is higher than the setting level. It’s also capable of automatic defrosting in low temperature.
- 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION - Choose our dehumidifiers with full confidence. HEVILLO Provide 30-day money-back guarantee and one year of warranty, as well as warranty extension in the second year and lifetime technical support, so that our customers can obtain the best product experiences. In case of any problems, please contact us immediately and we will respond within 24 hours with satisfactory solutions. Buy HEVILLO now!
The HEVILLO Dehumidifier is suitable for spaces of maximum size 2000 Sq. Ft. It can comfortably remove 40 pints of moisture per day and you can easily adjust the humidity level from 30% to 85%. The adjustable feature enables you to maintain a healthy humidity range of 45 and 55 percent.
The advantage of this dehumidifier is that you can use it in multiple environments like garages, basements, living rooms, and even in the kitchen. It can also conveniently fit into a storage room, and it’s specially designed for modern homes.
Compared to most cumbersome dehumidifiers, the HEVILLO 2000 Sq. Ft Dehumidifier is simple, stylish, and easy to move thanks to the 360-degrees invisible easy-rolling wheels and ergonomic recessed handles.
It also has a silent fan that doesn’t bring any disturbance if you’re using it in your bedroom while sleeping, or office while working. The manual drainage allows you to set your preferred humidity and keep it running continuously for 24 hours until the water tank is full.
Another unique feature is the intelligent control that offers you an intuitive experience, as you can set the humidity level through the digital display. Therefore, it’s the best dehumidifier under $200 to consider buying.
- Easy to use
- 24-hour timer
- Auto-error detection
- Poorly manufactured
- A bit heavy
The choice of buying the best dehumidifier under $200 is highly influenced by budget and the need to save on costs. However, that shouldn’t be the only reason. You should ensure you buy a reliable and durable product that will serve you efficiently for long.
Do you have any questions or feedback regarding our post? Feel free to write them in our comments section below, or simply send them to us through email.