If you intend to invest in a dehumidifier this summer, the thought of a continuous drain model has likely crossed your mind.
Continuous drain dehumidifiers are not only more convenient but also less laborious than their manual drain-only counterparts. It also reduces the risk of water damage in case of accidental tank overflow.
The good news is that the online market is packed to the brim with continuous drain dehumidifiers of every size and from every price range.
Also, nearly every good dehumidifier manufacturer makes continuous drain models. So you don’t have to worry about finding a unit from your favorite brand.
How Dehumidifiers Work
The first step to choosing the right dehumidifier for your application is understanding how dehumidifiers work in the first place. Everyday dehumidifiers work in two ways;
- Condenser dehumidifiers
Condenser dehumidifiers work similarly to air conditioners. They rely on very cold refrigerant lines housed inside a condenser unit to extract moisture from indoor air. Fans inside the dehumidifier dram the damp in your home into the dehumidifier and over the cold refrigerant lines.
As the air passes this very cold area, moisture in the air condenses and collects in a condensate reservoir. The now-dry is then cycled back into your home. Refrigerant lines are recharged periodically to ensure maximum process efficiency.
The biggest advantage of condenser dehumidifiers is the high level of efficiency. Condenser dehumidifiers dry up air much more effectively than other dehumidifier types. However, they tend to be more expensive.
- Desiccant dehumidifiers
Desiccant dehumidifiers work slightly differently. Instead of refrigerant lines, they use desiccant wheels to extract moisture from indoor air. A desiccant is a substance that absorbs water. They can be soluble or insoluble.
Also, they can absorb water via physical adsorption or chemical reaction. The most widely used desiccant is silica. Other common options are calcium sulfate, calcium chloride, and molecular sieves.
Most desiccant dehumidifiers use silica. The desiccant material is placed on a wheel that rotates continuously as long as the dehumidifier is on. A fan inside the dehumidifier draws damp air into the dehumidifier and onto the desiccant wheel’s path. As a result, up to 75% of the moisture in the air is removed.
Desiccant dehumidifiers are more compact and affordable than condenser dehumidifiers. They are also more environment-friendly. However, they aren’t as efficient in removing moisture from the air as condenser models.
What’s Continuous Drain with a Drain Hose?
Whether it’s a condenser model or a desiccant unit, dehumidifiers depend on a reservoir inside the unit to collect the condensed moisture. The material, size, and even shape of the tank might vary from one manufacturer and model to the next, but all dehumidifiers have a condenser reservoir of some sort.
However, you also cannot keep collecting water in the reservoir continuously forever, right? For one, standing water promotes the growth of mold and mildew. More importantly, condensate tanks are of limited capacity. They get full. You need to drain the old water to collect new water.
There are two broad ways to drain the dehumidifier condensate tank – manually by carrying the tank full tank to the sink and pouring out the water or continuously using a drain hose. The drain hose approach involves connecting a small pipe to the tank close to the base. This way, water in the tank can drain out freely whenever the pipe is open.
Most manufacturers include the drain hose for all continuous drain dehumidifier models. However, sometimes you may be required to purchase it separately.
The continuous drain method works in two ways;
- Gravity drain: Gravity drain relies on natural gravity. The weight of the water creates pressure that pushes the water out of the tank. In this method, the tank must be in a raised position to the window or sump tank.
- Electric pump draining: This approach involves using a built-in electric pump to drain the tank. A key advantage of pump draining is that you no longer have to rely on natural gravity. You can even empty the condensate tank from a raised window with the dehumidifier on the floor.
Factors to Consider when Buying a Humidifier with a Drain Hose
As with any dehumidifier buying process, you must consider the essentials, such as the capacity of the dehumidifier (in gallons/day), the size of your room (in square feet), the conditions within the room, and your geographic location.
Additionally, consider the following;
- Where will you use it? When draining the dehumidifier with a hose, the water has to go somewhere. Most people drain dehumidifiers into a sink or sump tank. But you can’t have a sump tank in the bedroom, and it doesn’t make sense to have a sink in the study room, right?
- Is the hose included? This might not be a deal-breaker. But, it’s still important. Does the manufacturer include the hose in the package, or do you need to buy one separately? If it’s not included, you need to know the type and size of the hose to buy.
- Does it have pump drainage? All pump-drain dehumidifiers are continuous drain dehumidifiers. However, not all continuous drain dehumidifiers have a pump. If you want one with a pump, check the product description.
- Length of included hose: If the manufacturer ships the required hose alongside the rest of the dehumidifier, then the next thing to ask is – what’s the length? For example, if you need to drain the dehumidifier through the window, you need at least a 2-meter long hose.
Best Dehumidifier with Drain Hose – Reviews
Before we discuss how to select the right one, the following is a review of some of the best continuous drain dehumidifiers.
1. WAYKAR 4,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier for Home, Basements
- DEHUMIDIFIER FOR SPACES UP TO 4500 SQ FT- Our dehumidifier are able to remove up to 70 pints (under 95°F,85%RH condition) of moisture per day. (Please note: under 95°F,85%RH condition, the max dehumidification capacity up to 70 pints)in areas up to 4,500 Sq. Ft and adjust humidity from 30% to 85%. It is a dehumidifier ideal for any basements, office, home, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, stockroom, living room, laundry room, cellars, crawlspace, large spaces/room, etc..
- UNIQUE DESIGN FOR THE MODERN HOME- The Waykar dehumidifiers designed with the sleek and modern look. With built-in wheels and ergonomically placed handles, you can move this dehumidifier easily. A quiet fan that won't disturb you when you sleep or at work, adjustable fan speeds for multiple choices. There are 4 air outlets in the four sides of dehumidifier instead of that in one side, with this design will improve the speed of dehumidify.
- INTELLIGENT TOUCH CONTROL- There is an intelligent screen touch control panel display on the dehumidifier, you can operate it easily. Humidity Auto Control: Simply adjust to your ideal moisture setting, it will smartly sense room humidity and control dehumidification to maintain pre-set humidity levels. 24-hour Timer: For preset operation and reduced energy consumption. Automatic Shut Off/On: Shuts off automatically when the bucket is full, and switch it on again after the bucket been emptied.
- DESIGNED WITH SAFETY IN MIND- Waykar dehumidifiers with functions of Safety Standby Mode that prevents overheating. Overflow Protection and Alarming Functions available if the water tank is full for extra security. Internal Components that are made of thermally resistant materials. Child-lock Setting and Sleep Mode function, you can press the "LOCK" button for 2 seconds to locked the dehumidifier, if there are children at home, parents will feel less worries that they will mess up the appliance.
- SUPPORT- All of Waykar Dehumidifiers are covered with 30-Days Money Back if you are not satisfied with the product, 1 year warranty, 2nd year warranty extension and lifetime expert tech support. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is any question, we will reply to you within 12 hours and help you solve the problems. Waykar customer support team is always just an-email away.
The model PD253B from WAYKAR is a 70-pint dehumidifier designed to keep humidity levels between 30% and 80%. The recommended range is 45% to 55%. An in-built humidistat allows you to adjust the settings to your desired level.
The dehumidifier is recommended for spaces up to 4,500 square feet and can work in basements, bathrooms, kitchens, living rooms, and laundry rooms, to mention just a few.
It’s very easy to use the appliance. The intelligent touch control panel makes selecting your desired humidity settings a breeze. You can also monitor input and output temperatures from the panel.
A 24-hour timer allows you to program the dehumidification process while an auto-shutoff function cuts the power supply to the dehumidifier to prevent water overflow when the 1.18-gallon tank is full.
Continuous draining is an option if you’re not a fan of manual drainage. Indeed, the required 6.56-foot hose is included. A Full Tank indicator will light up when the tank is almost full, alerting you that it’s time to drain.
This appliance comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you’re not satisfied with the purchase. You also get a 1-year warranty that you can extend to two years. The manufacturer also offers lifetime tech support.
- Powerful, with auto humidity control
- Features 24-hour timer
- Automatic shutoff and auto-restart
- Manual and continuous drain
- No drain pump
- Most expensive on this list
2. YAUFEY 1,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier for Home and Basements with Continuous Drainage
- PROFESSIONAL & EFFICIENT DEHUMIDIFICATION: With removal capacity of up to 32.7 pints of moisture per day. (Please note: under 95°F, 90%RH condition, the max dehumidification capacity up to 32.7 pints), This energy-efficient dehumidifier is suitable for your basement, home, bathroom, bedroom, garage, and other indoor spaces up to 1750 Sq. Ft
- PORTABLE & SIMPLE FOR USE: Never complicated, Yaufey dehumidifier features a light-touch intelligent control panel, which makes operation panel be clear at a glance. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the 1.8L tank is full, at which point it will automatically shut-off. Tired of manual drainage? A drain hose outlet for continuous draining offer for you(The 2-meter long drain hose is included)
- HUMANIZATION DESIGN: Dehumidifiers offer regular and turbo fan speeds for optional. The low-noise design will get you far away from the disturbing noise when sleeping or studying. The removable and washable filter means easy maintenance — Simply clean it regularly and then recycle. Program the 24-hour timer to suit your lifestyle and save energy costs. All human design can ensure you a best experience with your dehumidifier
- EASY TO MOVE AND CARRY:Compared to portable dehumidifiers that do not dehumidify well,and those dehumidify well but unwieldy. Consider this, The convenient built-in wheels and handles make Yaufey dehumidifier so easy to move from one room to another. This dehumidifier solves both the dehumidification effect and the portability problem
- 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE:Although the price of this home dehumidifier is high,don't buy inferior products because of cheap,We have 100% confidence in Yaufey dehumidifier. All of Dehumidifiers you bought are covered with 30-Days Money Back Guarantee, 12-month free replacements and lifetime support. Please contact us by our after-sale email if there is any issue, we will reply to you within 12 hours and help you solve the problem
The YAUFEY model PD161D is a simple appliance designed for everyday use. It comes in a white finish with black accents that make it fit any modern décor seamlessly.
It’s also very compact at 11.4 x 7.1 x 17 inches and weighs a mere 23.8 pounds. It’s a 30-pint humidifier (at maximum saturation), meaning it removes just over 20 pints/day under the new DOE standards.
The unit is designed to shut off when the tank is full automatically. It also sounds an alarm to alert you that it’s time to empty the tank. However, the handy continuous drain option offers an even more convenient way to drain the condensate tank.
Simply connect the drain hose and set the unit to remove any condensate continuously, so you never have to worry about a full tank. The required 2-meter (about 6.56 feet) drain hose is included.
Other key features include a power outage restart function that resumes dehumidification in previous settings following a power interruption. It also has an auto-defrost feature that keeps the condenser running down to 41˚F.
This product comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and a 30-day money-back guarantee. Each purchase is also backed by a 12-month free replacement warranty and lifetime support.
- Manual and continuous drain
- Large, 1.8-gallon water tank
- Required drain hose included
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Low capacity at 20 PPD (under 2020 DOE standards)
3. INOFIA 30-Pint Dehumidifier for Home Basements with Continuous Drain Hose
- 30 Pints Dehumidifier: With removal capacity of up to 30 pints of water per day (under 90% RH @ 95°F condition), this energy-efficient dehumidifier is ideal to dehumidify damp rooms up to 1056 sq ft, like attics, basements, bathrooms, laundry room, garages, and even campers or RV.
- Easy-to-use Dehumidifier: With a built-in humidistat, this smart dehumidifier will AUTO-STOP when set humidity level has been met and AUTO-RESTART when room humidity goes up again. The switchable fan speed add flexibility and the programmable 24H ON/OFF improves energy savings.
- User-friendly Drainage Options: This small dehumidifier will auto shut off when the 4-Pint (0.5 Gal.) water reservoir is full and audibly alert you to empty it. Too busy to empty it manually? This dehumidifier with drain hose (6.56-ft) allows you to simply attach the hose to achieve self-draining by gravity.
- Auto-Defrost & Power-Outage-Restart for Hassle-free Operation: Auto defrost function eliminates maintenance and allows this durable room dehumidifier to use in a cold environment low to 41°F. This basement dehumidifier is also designed to restart in the event of a power interruption.
- Ideal Dehumidifier for Home Use: With the compact size and a recessed handle, this portable dehumidifier is easy to carry from room to room. With a peak noise level at 46 dB(A), you can be worry-free to have this quiet dehumidifier running whenever and wherever you need.
The INOFIA model HD161A is a compressor dehumidifier with a 112 CFM fan. It’s another low-capacity dehumidifier that removes about 30 pints/day at maximum saturation, translating to about 20 PPD under the new DOE standards. These metrics make it an ideal choice for small rooms up to 1,056 square feet.
It’s very easy to use. Once you turn it on, it runs until the condensate tank is almost full, at which point the unit goes off automatically thanks to an auto-shutoff feature.
It also goes off automatically when the set humidity level is reached and automatically resumes function when humidity levels fall below the set mark. The built-in adjustable fan means you can select the air movement rate that suits you best. It also boasts a 24-hour timer.
A significant downside of this dehumidifier is the small tank size. The 0.5-gallon tank means you need to empty the tank every 3-5 hours in damp conditions. However, there’s some respite. The unit also supports continuous drainage, with the required 6.56-foot drain hose included.
Other key features include an auto-defrost feature, washable (reusable) filters, auto error detection, and a low noise rating (46 dB).
- Sleek, modern0looking design
- Auto-shutoff and auto-restart
- It comes with a DRY Clothes mode
- Manual and continuous drain
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- No drain pump
- Small-size water tank
4. BEYN Mini Dehumidifier for Home with Hose Drain
- Beyn small dehumidifier: It can remove 17 ounces of water/day in a humid environment of 86°F and 80% RH. In the maximum applicable space of 2,200 cubic feet (269 square feet), protect your house from mold, mildew and bacteria growth caused by excessive moisture.
- Portable and Compact: One-touch switch design helps you easily operate the unit.You can easy to move it into bedrooms, bathrooms, and offices. Beyn dehumidifier, the best working humidity is above 60%RH, if it is lower than 40%RH, it will not work.
- Ultra-quiet technology: to ensure that our compact dehumidifier runs quietly, so that you can relax, read or even take a nap without any interference. And after the power failure is restored, the dehumidifier will run automatically without manual restart. which guarantees you a convenient and safe life.
- Safe and comfortable experience: The capacity is 17oz/500ml, and it has a water sensor. When the water tank is full, Beyn will automatically shut down.Meanwhile, the drainage hose enables it to be drained externally without supervision.Connect the drain pipe: first take out the water reservoir, then connect the hose to the water outlet, and then install the water reservoir.
- Beyn focus on high quality products and strive to give customers a perfect shopping experience. Your satisfaction is the ultimate goal we pursue. Please feel free to contact us if any problem was found. Thank you for your trust in Beyn !
If you’re shopping for a personal dehumidifier to condition the air around you, then this compact unit from BEYN is the ideal choice. At just 2.2 pounds, it’s so small you can even pack it for your travels. It measures 6.3 x 4.3 x 9.6 inches. It removes up to 17 ounces of water at maximum saturation (86˚F and 80% RH).
Some of the qualities that set this dehumidifier apart are the compact, one-touch design and ultra-quiet operation. Simply press the on/off button to turn the unit on and off as you wish.
In case of power interruption, it resumes operation automatically thanks to the auto-restart function. It also switches off automatically when the 500 ml tank is almost full to prevent water overflow.
Though small, it supports continuous draining. Indeed, the required 40-inch drain is included. This way, you don’t need to worry about emptying the tank every few hours. Remember to take out the drain hose first before connecting the drain hose.
This product comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 12-month replacement warranty. You’re also guaranteed 24/7 customer service.
- Compact and attractive
- Wide range of applications
- Manual and continuous drain
- 12-month warranty
- Small water tank
- Low capacity dehumidification
5. WAYKAR 2,000 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier for Home and Basements with 0.66-Gallon Tank
- Dehumidifier for Space Up to 2000 Sq. Ft: Our dehumidifiers are able to remove up to 34 pints (under 95°F,90%RH condition) of moisture per day. (Please note: under 95°F,90%RH condition,the max dehumidification capacity up to 34 pints) in areas up to 2000 Sq. Ft and adjust humidity from 30% to 85%.It is a dehumidifier ideal for any basements, office, home, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, stockroom, living room, laundry room, cellars, crawlspace, etc..
- Unique Design for The Modern Home: The Waykar dehumidifiers designed with sleek and modern look. With 360° rotatable wheels and ergonomically lift up handles, you can move around this dehumidifier easily. A quiet fan that won't disturb you when you sleep or at work, adjustable fan speeds for multiple choices. 24-hour Timer Setting for preset operation and reduced energy consumption
- Intelligent Control: After you set your desired humidity, the dehumidifier will run intelligently. Humidity Auto Control-Simply adjust to your desire humidity, it will work smartly, when it reached its designated humidity, it will automatically stop working and then automatically restart to dehumidify when the humidity above target is sensed. Automatic Shut Off/On-Shuts off automatically when the bucket is full and switch it on again after the bucket emptied. Power Outage Automatic Restart
- Easy To Use: Auto Drain - The unit comes with a 6.56 feet drain hose that you can attached to the drain pipe hole to continually drain water that is dehumidified. Manual Drain - The water tank is 0.66 gallon/2.5 L,when it reaches maximum capacity, the "Full Tank "indicator will light up, the dehumidifier will automatically switch off until the tank has been emptied. Meanwhile, a reusable and washable filter preserves fresh and clean air quality
- Support: All of Waykar Dehumidifiers are covered with 30-Days Money Back if you are not satisfied with the product, 1 year warranty, 2nd year warranty extension and lifetime expert tech support. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is any question, we will reply to you within 24 hours and help you solve the problems. Waykar customer support team is always just one-email away
If you prefer an alarm rather than LED light alerts when the condensation tank is full, consider this product from WAYKAR. It’s a 34-pint dehumidifier (at 95˚F and 90% RH) and recommended for areas up to 2,000 square feet. You’ll also appreciate that it’s a compact unit at 12.2 x 9.0 x 19.7 inches and weighing 33.1 pounds.
The striking, modern design is the first thing you’ll notice. It comes in a white finish with black accents that leave an impression from the off. A transparent water tank level indicator allows you to track the water level to prevent accidental overflow.
As already mentioned, it also has an alarm system that sounds when the 0.66-gallon/2.5-liter tank is full. Of course, you can drain the tank manually or continuously. The required 6.56-foot drain hose is included.
Remember to rinse the tank with running water every time you empty it or at least once every week if you opt for continuous draining. Also, it’s recommended to wash it thoroughly with soap and water at least once per month. Rolling caster wheels make it easy to move this dehumidifier from one application to the next.
WAYKAR offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on all dehumidifiers. Each purchase is also backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty with an option for a 1-year extension.
- Manual and continuous drain
- Reusable, washable filters
- Auto shutoff and auto-restart
- 1-year extendable warranty
- No smart/app controls
6. KENSOS 2,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier for Basements and Home, with Drain Hose
- DEHUMIDIFIER FOR SPACES UP TO 2500 SQ FT - Our dehumidifier can remove up to 34 pints (under 95°F,90%RH condition) of moisture per day. (Please note: under 95°F,90%RH condition, the max dehumidification capacity up to 34 pints), fit for medium to large rooms in areas up to 2500 Sq. Ft and is able to adjust humidity from 30% to 85%. It is a dehumidifier perfect for basements, home, office, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, stockroom, living room, laundry room, cellars, crawlspace by removing humidity
- UNIQUE DESIGN FOR THE MODERN HOME - This Kesnos's portable dehumidifier is designed with sleek and modern look, with 360° easy-roll hidden wheels and ergonomically recessed handles, you can move around this dehumidifier easily. It is quiet operation that won't disturb you when you sleep or at work and adjustable fan speeds for multiple choices. With dry clothes function, you simply place the dehumidifier in a room where you can hang the wet clothes and let it dry clothes naturally
- EASY OPERATION - It will run and will automatically shut-off when it reach the point. 2 drainage options for your draining choices: Auto Drain: With included 2m (6.56 feet) drain hose for continuously auto-drain your dehumidifier without emptying the water bucket. Manual Drain: The 0.6 Gallons Water Tank and Bucket Full Indicator lets you know when the water bucket needs to be emptied. Auto defrost function: It can detect the need for defrosting and process defrost automatically
- INTELLIGENT CONTROL -Humidity Auto Control: After set your ideal moisture setting, it will smartly sense room humidity and control dehumidify. 24hr Timer: Allow you to preset the time to turn on or off the machine. Auto Shut Off/On: Shuts off automatically when the bucket is full, and switch it on again after the bucket been emptied. Power off Auto restart: Restarts automatically and comes back on before setting after the power available again
Another 30-pint dehumidifier worth the investment is this option from KENSOS. It removes up to 34 pints under saturation and is fit for applications up to 2,500 square feet.
You can use it in the living areas, the bedroom, kitchen, or even the laundry room and crawlspace. Even without further adjust it keeps humidity levels between 30% and 80%.
The unique design is another standout feature. It’s an all-white dehumidifier except for the dark control panel and black rolling caster wheels. From the control panel, you can select the preferred operating mode, set the timer, and even lock the system using the “Child Lock” setting. Child lock prevents accidental changes to settings.
As with all good dehumidifiers, it shuts off automatically when the 0.6-gallon tank is full. A “Tank Full” light indicator lights up to alert you of the full tank. At that point, you can detach the tank and empty it at the sink. Alternatively, connect the included 2-meter (6.56-foot) drain hose for continuous draining.
Other key features of this dehumidifier are the auto-defrost function and auto error-detection mechanism. All the errors are displayed on the control panel.
- Sleek, modern design
- Features caster wheels for mobility
- Power outage auto-restart
- Auto-defrost and child lock settings
- No drain pump
7. Lockdown Automatic Dehumidifier with Quiet Operation, Drain Hose, and Self-Monitoring
The Lockdown humidifier is the ultimate solution for moisture issues in small to medium-sized spaces. It removes moisture directly out of the air using the ultra-efficient thermoelectric method.
The condensed water drains into a holding. When the tank is full, you detach, empty, and reattach it to continue the moisture removal process.
Unfortunately, the tank is small at 1.5-liters. However, this should be enough for personal dehumidification. If you need to dehumidifier a larger area, consider the continuous drain option.
This way, you don’t have to worry about the water spilling over. The required 54-inch drain hose is included. It removes up to 400ml worth of moisture per day.
Other standout features of this dehumidifier include the auto-restart feature that allows it to resume operations automatically and at the previous settings following a power interruption and an auto-shutoff feature to cut the power supply when the tank is full. All these functions can be set from the top-mounted control panel.
This dehumidifier is very compact, too at 11 x 7 x 5.25 inches and weighing about 3.69 pounds. It’s all black except for the transparent water level indicator.
- Self-monitoring controls
- Auto-restart after a power outage
- Auto shutoff at full tank
- Transparent water level indicator
- Manual or continuous drain
- It’s not a very attractive design
- It’s a low-capacity unit
8. LONOVE Dehumidifier for Home – 5,000 Cubic Feet (450 Sq. Ft.) Upgraded with Drain Hose
- HIGH EFFICIENT DEHUMIDIFICATION - Superexcellent in dehumidifying. The home dehumidifier comes with a large removable 61 oz water tank, it can remove excess moisture from the air and adjust humidity to a comfortable level. Our dehumidifiers suit for enclosed space within 450 Sq.ft, such as your living room, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, rv, basement, etc. With its semiconductor dehumidifying system, absorb 750ml(25 oz) moisture a day in 86, 80%RH environments. Say goodbye to moisture!
- CREATE AN IDEAL HEALTHY AND COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT - Breath fresh air in your home! According to research, the most comfortable humidity for the body is 50-60%, and above 70% will cause discomfort and other health problems. LONOVE air dehumidifier can absorb humid air, prevent dust and particles that affect health. Transport dry, fresh, and healthy air to every corner of the room. The final result is that your home air won’t make you feel sticky or dry anymore. Your days of humidity are over！
- TWO WORKING MODES, MORE INTELLIGENT - This dehumidifiers for bedroom has two working modes. Press the “ON/OFF” Button to Day-mode, the blue light and the decorative light are on and the dehumidification effect is the most powerful, the noise level is between 35-45 dB. Long press the “ON/OFF” button to Night-mode, the low speed blue light is on, the noise level is<35 dB, and the dehumidification effect will be relatively weak. The Night-mode is ultra-quiet to take care of your sleep.
- EASY TO USE AND AUTO SHUT OFF - The dehumidifiers for home is designed with one-button control to make it easy for you to operate and use. Our dehumidifier for basements equipped with a water level controller, it can shut off itself when the controller reaches its max level. The Red Light is on and Decorative Light is Flashing to remind you to empty the water tank. Don’t get time for that? No worry, connect the drain hose the included drain hose allows continuous draining.
- TOP-BUILT QUALITY WITH STRONG DEHUMIDIFICATION AND LONG-LASTING LIFE - Compare to older dehumidifiers, we upgraded our portable dehumidifier for closet by the way of thermoelectric cooling, which uses what's known as the Peltier effect to create a heat flux between the junction of two different types of materials and pull moisture from the air around it. Say goodbye to humidity!
Finally, the model MD752 dehumidifier from LONOVE is different because of its LED decorative lighting. Although the unit itself is all-white, the tank changes color from blue to red depending on the water level.
When the water level is low, and there’s no risk of tank overflow, it displays a blue color. However, once the water level passes a particular mark as the tank nears filling, it changes to a red color. The changing colors make it a good choice for baby bedrooms.
It’s a 750ml dehumidifier that removes about 25 ounces worth of moisture per day. The 61oz tank holds the water until it’s time to empty. You can empty it manually at the sink or continuously via a drain hose. The required drain hose is included.
We also love that it’s a very quiet dehumidifier. Even at the highest fan speed, it only produces 45dB worth of noise. However, it has quieter operating models, including a Night Mode that produces just 35 decibels. For context, a TV on mute is rated about 45 decibels. The aforementioned decorative lights also come alive in the Night mode.
- Integrated decorative LED lights
- Manual or continuous drainage
- Drain hose included
- Very quiet, down to 35dB
- It feels cheap
How do I get my dehumidifier to drain through the hose? Only a dehumidifier designed to drain through a hose should be drained through a hose. Otherwise, you risk water damage.
Can you use a garden hose on a dehumidifier? Yes, you can use a garden hose on a dehumidifier as long as it’s the right type and size (diameter).
Do you have to drain a dehumidifier? Yes, you must drain your dehumidifier. Dehumidifiers condense moisture into liquid water, which collects in a reservoir inside the tank. You must remove this water to continue removing moisture.
Can you drain a dehumidifier into a sink? Yes, you can drain your dehumidifier in a sink. In fact, most people drain their dehumidifiers into a sink.
Is it okay to drain a dehumidifier into a sump pump? Yes, it’s okay to drain your dehumidifier into a sump tank. Just make sure to take the necessary precautions to prevent water damage.
Why did my dehumidifier stop draining through the hose? There could be many reasons. Perhaps the hose is blocked, in which case you need to unblock it. Or, maybe you haven’t turned on the continuous drain setting. Some dehumidifiers require that you select the desired drain method. Also, if you’re using a pump drain system, it could be a power problem, such as a power outage.
If you’re in the market for a dehumidifier, it would be worth it to find a continuous drain model. While manual drain is okay, continuous draining via a drain hose makes your work a lot easier and saves you from checking the water level every few minutes. If you can find a continuous drain mode with an internal electric pump, that would be even better.