We all know how hot and sticky summer temperatures can be, and worse of all, it’s approaching in all its glory, calling for good air conditioning.
As much as it’s a joyous time, spending these days sweating can be quite devastating. That is why; we intently feel the need for the best lightweight window air conditioners.
The right air conditioning system increases your level of comfort while preventing heat-related illnesses, asthma, allergies, and dehydration. Besides, these units can be an inexpensive initial investment and highly energy-efficient.
Here are the top-performing lightweight window air conditioners from the most reliable brands
Best Lightweight Window Air Conditioner
1. GE AHQ06LZ Window Air Conditioner with 6000 BTU Cooling Capacity
- 6, 000 BTU air conditioner for window-mounted installation uses standard 115V electrical outlet (Easy window mounting kit included)
- Quickly cools a room up to 250 sq. ft. with dehumidification up to 1. 6 pints per hour
- Digital controls, 3 cool speeds, 3 fan speeds, and 2-way air direction.
- Easy installation. fits windows 21 7/8 in - 36 in wide, minimum height 13 3/8 in
- High Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER): 11. Energy Saver mode available. Easy to clean air filter included.
While power, quality, and affordability make a lot of sense when buying an air conditioner, its weight can make a huge difference.
This priceless piece is not only lightweight but instead meets all users’ expectations. With 6,000 BTU power, this unique unit uses a standard 115V electrical outlet and can quickly cover spaces up to 250 sq. ft.
What’s more, it requires zero or no effort to install and can perfectly fit windows that are 21 7/8 in – 36 inches wide with a minimum height of 13 3/8 inches.
Besides, its fully-functioning remote allows you to adjust the temperature and fan speeds with ease. Once your room is fully cooled down, its energy saver mode automatically turns off the compressor, enabling you to save more on utility bills. This is indeed the perfect cooling solution for small rooms.
- Works perfectly
- Simple to assemble and install
- Cool rooms faster
- Relatively affordable
- Excellent packaging
- No dents
- Airflow doesn’t flow in all direction
2. LG LW6017R 6,000 BTU 115V Window Air Conditioner
- LOW NOISE PERFORMANCE - operates at sound levels as low as 52dB (in low mode) eliminating unnecessary noise.
- MULTIPLE FAN SPEEDS - 3 cooling and fan speeds allow you to customize your cooling.
- MAXIMUM USABILITY - Easy to use electronic controls with remote
- AUTO RESTART - After a power failure, Auto Restart will automatically turn the unit back on when power is restored
- COOLS ROOMS UP TO 250 SQ. FT- LW6017R is ideal for cooling medium rooms (10' X 25')
This lightweight window air conditioner is a top seller for several reasons. It can cool down rooms up 260 square ft and a highly energy-saver option that will keep your utility bills down.
It’s equipped with a stylish full-function remote that helps you maximize your comfort from across the room. The setup process is a cinch, straightforward, and includes an installation kit.
Additionally, this popular and trusted brand is the only unit with a gold fin anti-corrosion coating that acts as a protective shield, making it highly durable.
Its other additional features include three speeds, a 24-hour on/off timer, three fan speeds, and an energy-saver function that helps you save more while staying cool.
- Lightweight and reliable
- Straightforward instructions
- Easy to install
- Super-sleek and unique
- Works great for small rooms
- Just like any other product, customer support may sometimes be unreliable.
3. Emerson Quiet Kool EARC6RSE1 6,000 BTU 115V SMART Window Air Conditioner
- Dimensions: 15.59" D x 18.58" W x 13.31" H | Window opening maximum width (in.): 36 | Window opening minimum height (in.): 14.5 | Window opening minimum width (in.): 23 | Product Weight: 44.09 lb
- 6,000 BTU SMART air conditioner with fixed chassis for window-mounted installation
- Flexible options include Cool, Dry, Fan and Auto Mode for a room up to 250 sq. ft.
- Energy Star unit uses less energy saving money on utility bills (12.1 EER)
- Wi-Fi and Voice Control enabled - works with Amazon Alexa and Google Home
- 1-2-5 years warranty! (1 year labor, 2 years parts and 5 years compressor)
Stay calm and save more with the Emerson Quiet Kool EARC6RSE1 6,000 BTU 115V SMART Window Air Conditioner.
This lightweight piece has a lot of positive vibes going for it. Its flexible options include auto, cool, fan, and dry mode. With 6,000 BTU power, this piece can amazingly cool rooms up to 250 sq. ft.
Additionally, its other smart features include electronic controls and flexible cooling options for maximum flexibility.
Its Wi-Fi enabled, meaning you can confidently control and monitor your AC from your Smartphone from just anywhere. Using voice commands to control the AC, you can enjoy maximum, hands-free comfort.
- Excellent warranty
- Simple installation process
- Flexible and lightweight
- Pretty powerful
- Conserves energy
- Super quiet
- Quality product
- It vibrates a lot
4. AMANA 6,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Air Conditioner
- 6, 000 btu air conditioner for window-mounted installation
- Product Dimensions: 15.60" D x 18.60" W x 13.30" H | Window opening maximum width (in.): 36 | Weight: 44.10 lbs
- 3 cooling speeds plus auto option for cooling flexibility
- 5.9-Ft. Lcdi power cord with 3-prong grounded plug uses 115V electrical outlet
- Cools a room up to 250 sq. Ft. With up to 1.58 pints per hour dehumidification
- On-board electronic control panel with digital display
This intuitive, lightweight, and user-friendly piece is an excellent cooling solution for your home or office. Its clean and modernized design perfectly blends with any personalized space.
It features three cooling speeds, and the auto option ensures maximum cooling flexibility. With 6,000 BTU power, this unit can cover areas up to 250 sq. Ft.
Additionally, its on-board electronic control panel with an easy-to-read digital display allows you to control temperatures with ease. Its other flexible features include eco mode, cooling speeds, sleep mode, and a programmable timer that will enable you to customize cooling time to fit your schedule.
It’s equipped with a removable and washable filter that must be rinsed every few weeks, keeping your air conditioner at peak performance. You don’t have to be very handy to install this piece since it includes straightforward instructions plus requires minimum maintenance. It’s worth every cent!
- Effortless to mount
- A lot lighter
- Sleek and stylish design
- Cools rooms fast
- Fairly quiet
- The controller function doesn’t meet all expectations for some users
5. Frigidaire Energy Star 6,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Compact Air Conditioner
- 2016 energy star: 12.2 energy efficiency Ratio (EER)
- 5,000 BTU mini-compact air Conditioner for window-mounted installation, Dehumidification up to 1.1 pints per hour
- Quickly cools a room up to 150 sq. Ft, Cabinet Height: 12", Cabinet Depth (w/ Front): 15-1/4", Cabinet Depth: 13"
- Safety Certification: UL/CUL (SA11087), ENERGY STAR Certified: Yes, UL Listed: Yes
- Low power start-up and operation conserves energy and saves you money
- Window Width: 23" - 36", Window Height: 13"
If you’ve ever stood in front of the refrigerator just to cool off during hot, humid days, then you know how critical an air conditioner can be.
This piece is not just wallet-friendly, lightweight but rather the ideal solution for your cooling needs. It’s equipped with ready-select electronic controls that give you the liberty to set the comfort level to your preference.
Its convenient temperature-readout display allows you to set temperatures with ease. Besides, it boasts a full-function remote control that you can use to precisely control temperatures and fan speed without leaving your comfort zone. Its 6-way comfort control design makes it easy for you to direct air where you want it.
What’s more, the multi-speed fan features three different speeds for maximum flexibility. It also features a washable filter with front; tilt-out access to capture dust from the air keeping your AC working effectively.
Its low power start-up significantly conserves energy helping you save more on energy bills. You can trust that this piece will serve you well year after year!
- Great quality
- Super lightweight
- Relatively quiet
- Straightforward instructions
- Multiple excellent features
- May sometimes fail to reach the desired temperature if not installed properly
6. Keystone 6,000 BTU Window-Mounted Air Conditioner
- Full 1 year parts and labor warranty!
- 6,000 BTU 115-volt window-mounted air conditioner cools area up to 250 sq. ft.
- Temperature sensing, full-function "Follow Me" LCD remote control allows you to see, set and maintain room temperature from across the room
- Electronic controls with LED display, 3 cooling speeds, 3 fan speeds, energy saver mode, sleep mode, auto restart and programmable 24-hour on/off timer
- Easy-clean, tilt-out mesh filter with check filter alert on the unit
The Keystone 6,000 BTU Window-Mounted Air Conditioner is yet another lightweight, affordable, high performing unit. It enlists electronic controls with an LED display that allows users to freely and easily select preference temperature levels.
Moreover, its “Follow Me” remote control is an ideal choice for cooling rooms up to 250 square feet without coming from your comfort zone. Its easy-to-read LED display allows you to conveniently see, set, and maintain room temperatures from right where you are.
Its other additional features include sleep mode and energy saver mode, which helps you conserve energy while enjoying a peaceful sleep.
Besides, it comes loaded with a full installation kit that enhances installation and a removable/washable filter that can also be easily installed. With this convenient unit, you can expect a cool, calm, blissful environment.
- Straightforward installation
- Outstanding warranty
- Simple to setup
- Relatively durable
- Super light
- Can cool rooms faster
- Efficient and does the job
- No setbacks yet
7. Koldfront WAC6002WCO 6050 BTU 120V Window Air Conditioner
- 6050 BTU window air conditioner engineered for spaces ranging in size from 150 to 250 square feet
- Fits windows 22" to 36" wide with a minimum height of 13/14"
- Digital Display; Dehumidifier; Sleep Mode; 3 fan speeds; Remote control with 16ft range; LCDI 5-15P plug type
- Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER): 12.1 / Energy Star rated with energy saver mode
- Includes all installation hardware and weather seals; PLEASE NOTE: This window air conditioner does not require a wall sleeve
At Koldfront, your comfort is the utmost priority. Its unique, sleek design is probably the first thing you’ll notice as it can perfectly blend with any interior home decor.
Its intuitive, lightweight design makes it an excellent choice for tight spaces. Besides, with its 6050 BTU power, this reliable piece can cover spaces up to 250 square feet.
It features three cooling and fan speeds plus an energy saver function that keeps your electricity bills down while maximizing your comfort.
With an EER of 12.1, this piece is among the top-performing air conditioners that are pretty affordable. Besides, its wireless remote control gives you the liberty to control the unit from across the room.
- Relatively quiet
- Works as advertised
- Super light and compact
- Highly affordable
- Perfect for small rooms
- Excellent quality
- Highly efficient
- Simple to install
- It doesn’t have a drain
8. Haier Serenity Series Quiet 6,000 BTU 115-Volt Window Air Conditioner
- 2016 energy star: 12.2 efficiency Ratio (EER)
- 6, 000 BTU room air conditioner for window-mounted installation (Min/Max Window Width: 26.07/39.25 inches; Min Window Height: 13.38 inches)
- 4 functions include cool, energy save, fan and Dehumidify
- Full-function remote control with LED display, plus button lock and light
- Run this Unit on your schedule with the 24-hour on/off timer
This 6,000 BTU lightweight window air conditioner by Haier is an outstanding choice for cooling rooms up to 250 square feet. It offers super quiet operation at only 43 dBA. Its unique compressor design and dual-fan design ensures maximum comfort all year round.
Moreover, it can perfectly fit windows that are 26 1/16 in – 39 1/4 in wide with a minimum height of 13 3/8 inches. Its energy efficiency ratio is 11. 2 which, significantly reduces energy costs while keeping you cool all day long.
It also comes with an easy to clean filter that ensures quality air distribution, keeping allergens and odors at bay. It’s highly competent and efficient!
- Simple to install
- Includes an easy-to-install window kit
- Provides 4 -Way Air Direction
- Cools great
- Works as intended
- Slightly pricey for some
- Short warranties
Things to Consider When Choosing the Best Lightweight Window Air Conditioner
Lightweight window air conditioners have become a new trend in the air conditioning world. These units perfectly blend with any interior décor and are specifically ideal for tight spaces.
They require little maintenance and are way easy to install. Our well-endorsed reviews above have every little thing you need in an air conditioner.
However, here is a unique guide that will help you make a smarter move.
Efficiency is a critical aspect when going for the best lightweight window air conditioner. Ideally, most window air conditioners are estimated to be relatively affordable compared to other conditioning units. Besides, they’re highly energy-efficient while keeping you comfortable all year round. So, consider the efficiency of an AC when making a buying decision.
Whenever we think about a good conditioning system, the central aspect that springs to mind is the noise factor, which is presumably a good determinant when buying an air conditioner.
Well, we all have tight, busy schedules, and the last thing we expect when we get back home is a noisy air conditioner. That said, here are a few tips you may use to keep your AC noise to a minimum.
Ensure you Read the Unit’s Specifications
Although it can be quite challenging to try a unit before buying, you can still find out about the device’s noise level without dragging it home. Occasionally, noise levels are often measured in decibel, which is usually included in the product specifications.
For interior units, your air conditioner shouldn’t be louder than 35 dBA; however, this mainly depends on unit capacity. For exterior units, your air conditioner shouldn’t be louder than 5 dBA and above.
The noise generated by most air conditioners largely depends on the model and age of your unit. Most old air conditioners are considered noisier than modernized ones.
This means that the noise factor is highly dependent on how the unit is made, which can be quite challenging to judge when shopping for a unit. Conversely, our reviews above are well-built with up-to-date features that will significantly maximize your comfort.
Regularly Service your Air Conditioner
Regularly servicing your air conditioner will always keep the noise level to a minimum. You can do this by regularly keeping your filters fresh. Similarly, invest in the right device that has features like washable or removable filters.
Check for Unusual Sounds
Upon installing any AC unit, it becomes almost obvious to know what level or type of noise is average. If your unit starts to make more noise or a different kind of noise, it could be that there’s a problem with how it’s running. Below are a few common ones.
Although it’s quite apparent that any unit is bound to produce some humming sound, if it gets louder than the usual, it could be that there may be a dust or debris build-up inside the unit.
If it’s deafening, it could also be that your capacitor is failing which, is a more solemn problem. So, make it a priority to check those two issues.
If your air conditioner is producing a rattling sound, it could be that your fan rotor is loose. If this is the case, stop your AC immediately and consult a licensed technician for a service check.
A hissing sound is probably the most annoying and worrying noise of all. It can either signify a minor issue or a preeminent one. It could be that your AC is leaking refrigerant. If this is the case, call your specialist immediately.
This often means that your AC needs cleaning or some extra lubrication.
This may also be too worrying. It could be that the dual shaft motor is breaking down, or there’s a bearing failing. Be sure to consult an expert for more clarity.
Air Conditioner Placement
This also has significant impacts on the noise level. Think carefully about your placement spot before investing in an air conditioner.
Always make a recommendation based on your environment and specific requirements. Consult with your dealer for other additional solutions required to keep noise levels down.
Other Additional Factors
You may also want to consider other features, including room location, square footage, the amount of heat or sunlight your space gets, and ceiling heights.
Putting all these factors into consideration will ensure you land on the best air conditioning system. While considering the right-sized unit, ensure you check on window measurement. Your air conditioner should be adequately adjusted and mounted inside the window.
Window Air Conditioner Maintenance Tips
While having an AC is a significant step towards keeping your home cool and comfortable, these useful maintenance tips will keep your AC at its maximum capacity without consuming more energy. Check them out.
- Always make it a priority to check and clean AC vents regularly. This way, your AC tends to have a longer service life.
- Regularly wash or change the filters.
- Although the refrigerant doesn’t require regular changing, keeping a check allows you to be in the loop just in case your AC needs any specific service.
- Take care of the coil fin.
- Thoroughly inspect it before and after use via simple routine maintenance. This way, your AC will always stay in shape. Get a protective cover during winter to keep your AC secure and in its best form.
Window Air Conditioner FAQ
Should I Regularly Clean my Air Conditioner?
Well, this will entirely depend on how frequently you use your conditioning system. However, it’s highly recommended that you always clean your AC before and after the season used.
If your AC is compact and lightweight, it shouldn’t be a tedious task as you can clean it when needed. Simply follow the cleaning and maintenance tips above to ensure your AC is in its best working condition.
How can I possibly calculate the wattage usage of my lightweight window AC?
Occasionally, lightweight air conditioners use approximately 500 to 800 watts on average. Contrariwise, large or medium-sized air conditioners consume between 900 to 1440 watts or more.
How many amps should I expect my lightweight window AC to utilize?
Just as discussed above, lightweight window air conditioners are highly energy-efficient and convenient. However, on average, the amperage ratings range between 15-20 amps.
While efficiency, quality, and power play a critical role when buying an air conditioning system, its weight has its share of advantages.
Lightweight window air conditioners are an ideal cooling solution if you have limited space. Similarly, they are efficient, affordable, and can cool down your home in a fraction of time.
We hope our guide has enlightened you on cool tips to keep your AC in shape.