Do you enjoy spending time with your family and friends in your backyard, patio, porch, or deck? Do you always maintain the same relaxation spot during the sweltering summer heat? Or do you store your outdoor furniture when the temperature gets unbearable?
If you still want to spend outside, consider installing one of the best outdoor ceiling fans with lights. An outdoor ceiling fan is a great way to keep your family, friends, and guest cool in your outdoor space.
But there are many options available on the market, which makes choosing one that meets your needs a little intimidating. The size of the area and location where the fan will be installed, speed, material and color, motor type, and other convenient features are all factors that you need to consider before selecting the best outdoor ceiling fan.
You don’t have to spend a lot of time shopping for a fan. I’ve put together this guide reviewing some of the popular outdoor ceiling fan brands that have the best ratings and move the most air.
You can also check the best wet rated outdoor ceiling fans.
10 Best Outdoor Ceiling Fans With Lights
1. Hunter 59135 Nautical 54″ Ceiling Fan
One of the most popular outdoor ceiling fans currently on the market is the Honeywell Palm Island 50501-01. It combines most of the attractive design and performance aspects of modern-day fans into a high-performance and perfectly-crafted product.
The design of the Honeywell Palm Island 50505-01 is one of its most enduring features. Its elegant five palm or wicker-like blades are hand-made and oil-rubbed to produce the perfect tropical look.
This fan’s technical features enable it to perform well during either hot or cold weather conditions by alternating between updraft and downdraft modes. The fan measures 52 inches by 14.3 inches, making it ideal for an average room that measures 225 to 400 square feet, including living rooms, bedrooms, and patios.
It’s easy to use the Honeywell Palm Island 50501-01. You can conveniently adjust its motor to any of the three-speed settings for optimal performance. The motor operates silently and can be reversed during the cold weather to improve the circulation of warm air in the room.
- Convenient for large spaces like living rooms
- Reversible motor with three-speed settings
- Easy and quick installation (three mounting positions options)
- Does not come with a light
2. Honeywell Palm Island 50505-01 52-Inch Tropical Ceiling Fan
The Hunter 59135 Nautical is a great fan if you are looking for exceptional performance. Although its five blades have a cutting diameter of 54 inches, the fan has an outstanding capacity to move air of 6,239CFM. This makes it ideal for use in large spaces indoors or outdoors.
It has several accessories that you can conveniently use to control the fan. The pull chain can be used to adjust the speed of the fan across three levels easily. Also, the fan can be conveniently used under dry indoor and damp outdoor conditions or uncovered outdoor environments.
Generally, Hunter 59135 has the right features to deliver exceptional functionality. However, its biggest drawback is that it has not been designed to be used in wet conditions and uncovered outdoor environments.
- High air moving capacity of 6,239CFM
- Well-designed metallic blades with a weathered zinc finish for a great look
- Quiet performance
- Elegant illumination provided by the fluorescent CFL bulb in white glass
- It cannot be used in wet outdoor conditions.
3. Prominence Home 50345-01 Auletta Outdoor Ceiling Fan
The Prominence Home 50345-01 Auletta is ideal for outdoor spaces such as porches, covered decks, and others because of its technical features.
It has four steel blades that measure 52 inches by 15.4 inches that are driven by a powerful and reversible motor. You can conveniently switch between the downrod and angled mounting positions of the fan to suit your requirements.
The Prominence Home 50345-01 Auletta is a great fan to install in your medium-sized outdoor spaces. You will enjoy its powerful and damp-rated frosted light with a range of tones as well as the silent action of its four blades that makes it completely unobtrusive.
The fully integrated LED light fixture with two E26/A15 bulbs provides good lighting for outdoor spaces without attracting bugs. Its only prominent drawback is that it lacks the remote-control feature.
- Waterproof steel blades ideal for outdoor use
- Powerful and dimmable lighting for indoor and outdoor lighting (LED integrated globe)
- Two-position dual mount (standard using the downrod and angled)
- Lacks a remote-control feature
4. Westinghouse Brentford Indoor/Outdoor ceiling fan
The Westinghouse 7800000 Brentford is suitable for use in large indoor and outdoor spaces like bedrooms, living rooms, and verandas that measure between 300 to 450 square feet.
Its 52-inch wide five blades have an Air Flow Capacity of 4521.6 CFM that is enough to provide fresh air in such spaces. Besides, its water-resistant blades are made of sturdy steel with a rustic aged walnut finish.
The downrod and related accessories are quite useful in mounting the fan. You can use them to install it on low, high, standard, and even angled ceilings to ensure optimum performance.
The ability to alternate between the winter and summer modes and change the speed across three levels are other notable features of this fan. During summer, the fan runs anticlockwise to provide a steady and cool breeze. Reversing the motor in winter causes the fan blades to collect warm air and distribute it evenly across spaces.
The main drawback of this fan is that installing the new design takes longer than 45 minutes. However, its performance and design make it ideal for outdoor as well as indoor spaces.
- Designed for harsh weather conditions in outdoor spaces
- Seeded glass and three-light candelabra provide beautiful lighting
- Its high Air Flow Capacity of 4521.6 CFM is suitable for spacious outdoor areas like verandas
- Complex installation instructions
5. Hunter Dempsey Indoor / Outdoor Ceiling Fan
The compact design of the Hunter Dempsey ceiling fan is one of its most notable features. It comes with a fully integrated LED lighting kit that comprises dimmable LED light bulbs. You can quickly control the level of brightness of the lighting kit using the universal handheld remote control.
The fan is constructed using the conventional style that emphasizes convenience and performance. There is a 2 to 3-inch long downrod that you can use to adjust the fan’s height to optimal levels.
The handheld remote enables you to control the fan conveniently. Its brass-finished metallic blades have a cutting diameter of 52 inches, which is the standard for most indoor and outdoor ceiling fans.
These features make the Hunter Dempsey ceiling fan an ideal product for keeping the air in your covered patio and other small indoor places perfect. Although it is marketed as a suitable fan for indoor and outdoor use, it is not the right fan to use in outdoor spaces that can get wet.
- Easy to control fan and light using a universal handheld remote
- Operates silently
- Comes with a fully integrated LED light kit
- The 2″ to 3″ downrod can be used to adjust the height of the fan
- Unsuitable for use in outdoor environments
6. reiga 52-in Ceiling Fan with LED Light Kit
The Reiga Ceiling Fan has several features that make it stand out in terms of performance. Although its cutting diameter is the standard 52 inches, it has a massive airflow capacity of 5614CFM that makes it ideal for large indoor rooms and expansive outdoor spaces.
Also, you can control the fan’s speed at six levels apart from being able to change from the updraft to downdraft mode according to the needs.
This fan is built to last and withstand all the rigors of the elements in an outdoor setting. The combination of silicon steel and copper makes the blades strong enough to last for a long time.
The iron housing complements the hardiness and durability of this fan. Its components can withstand humidity conditions in an outdoor setting.
The Reiga Ceiling Fan has one conspicuous drawback: you cannot adjust the brightness of its LED light kit.
- Made of highly durable silicon steel and copper with iron housing
- Greater control and flexibility because of the 6-speed functionality
- Light color can be changed according to the users’ requirements
- Remote control feature
- Users cannot control the brightness of the LED light kit
- Lacks the wall control functionality
7. Minka-Aire F868L-BN Sleek 60″ Smart Ceiling Fan
The Minka-Aire F868L-BN is quite effective in moving air around and providing optimal ventilation in large indoor spaces like living rooms. Its classic three-blade design and huge cutting diameter of 60 inches enhance its ability to move air around rooms that measure more than 400 square feet.
The Minka-Aire F868L-BN seamlessly connects with your home automation system that complements the standard remote control feature. By simply asking Alexa, for example, to reduce the speed to a moderate level, you can effectively control the air quality in your living room.
Installing this fan is easy and quick. It comes with an integrated LED lighting kit, a 6-inch long downrod, and a special adapter for mounting on angled ceilings. Although this fan has several features that can be quite beneficial, it is not designed to be used under humid conditions.
- Compatible with common home automation systems such as Alexa
- Suitable for large rooms and spaces because of a high cutting diameter of 60 inches
- Long downrod of 6 inches
- Can be easily mounted on sloping ceilings
- Cannot be used in damp or humid environments
8. Home Decorators Collection Kensgrove 72 in. LED Indoor/Outdoor Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan
This fan has features that make it suitable for use in large indoor spaces like big living rooms that measure over 400 square feet.
Its 8 brushed-finished blades have a commendable cutting diameter of 72 inches. It also has accessories that you can use for angled, standard, and hugger types of mounting according to the nature of the ceiling.
The inclusion of the remote control, a 6-inch downrod, and accessories for mounting in different types of ceilings enhance user experience and convenience.
You can adjust the speed of the fan through three levels using the remote control and according to temperature changes. The inclusion of the reversible motor makes this fan useful during winter and summer.
Despite all the positive features, this fan is bulky because it weighs 26.5 pounds. Also, it can be slightly noisy at times.
- The high cutting diameter of 72 inches ideal for large spaces
- Enhanced control through the universal remote
- Integrated LED lighting system with dimmable bulbs
- Designed to be used under dry conditions only
- Does not function silently
9. Merrimack 52-in Antique Bronze Downrod Mount Indoor/Outdoor Ceiling Fan
The hallmark of the Merrimack Ceiling fan is that it has been designed to provide a comfortable living environment indoors and outdoors. Although its cutting diameter is only 52 inches, it has a high airflow capacity of 5,188CFM that makes it suitable for use in large rooms and outdoor spaces.
You can also use the remote control to change the speed through three levels conveniently; low, medium, and high. The five blades are weatherproof and can withstand the effects elements in an outdoor setting.
Although the bulb is dimmable and comes in a transparent and seeded glass shell, it is not bright enough to illuminate large spaces.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use because the blades are weatherproof
- Adequate air circulation capability enough for large spaces – 5,188 CFM
- Inclusion of the 6-inch-long downrod and remote control enhances convenience
- The bulb in the integrated light kit is not dimmable.
10. Honeywell Belmar 52-Inch Indoor/Outdoor Ceiling Fan
The Honeywell Belmar ceiling fan can be exposed to damp conditions without getting damaged, although it is made up of metallic, bronze, and wooden parts. This feature makes it one of the right choices of a fan to be used in covered outdoor places such as gazebos.
Aesthetically, this fan is top-notch. It comes in two variations of the oil-rubbed bronze finish so that you can choose the option that suits your house style and decoration. Moreover, it works silently in the background, thus being suitable for installation in bedrooms, study rooms, and other places.
If you are looking for a standard ceiling fan that balances aesthetics and functionality, then the Honeywell Balmer is the ideal choice. Its only disadvantage is that it does not contain an integrated led light.
- High level of durability
- Ideal for damp and wet environments
- Pull chain enhances control and ease of use
- Does not contain a LED light kit