Water is undoubtedly one of the elements that we consume daily, but it can make you sick. Aside from the usual diarrhea that you could suffer from, there are also other far-reaching impacts such as having fungus infections.
If you have had these infections, you know how badly they treat your body, especially your nails and skin. Since we all would not like the negative impacts of consuming unsafe water, we tend to look for the best alternatives to make it clean or purify it.
One of the best alternatives is an ozone generator. It is never easy to get the best ozone generator for your use which is why I have prepared this product review and buying guide!
Why Should I use an Ozone Generator for My Water Purification Needs?
There is a lot of misinformation surrounding the issue of water purification using ozone. This misinformation emanates from some individuals believing that ozone is dangerous, and therefore, there is no way to effectively purify water.
Although ozone may be harmful, it reaches these levels when put into water or the air in larger quantities. The benefits of ozonating water still remain undefeated, which is the major reason why you should be using an ozone generator for your water purification needs.
One of the more specific reasons you should use ozone for your water purification needs is that ozone is a powerful disinfectant. We all want to consume water that we know is 100 percent free of germs or any harm-causing microorganisms. Ozone will provide this as it kills bacteria and viruses, leaving your water fully disinfected.
Here, a common comment or question that may emerge is on the difference between ozonated water and chlorine. While there may be the notion that they serve the same purpose, chlorine tends to leave the water with a residue.
Most of us can tell between chlorinated water and the other type of water just from the taste. This residual’s taste and the smell are usually irritating most of the time. However, with ozonated water, you will not have to withstand this residual taste as the ozone removes iron, manganese, and sulfur, eliminating taste and odor problems.
Additionally, this ozonated water is recommended for cleaning fruits, vegetables, and other foods for consumption that may require cleaning to eliminate harmful pathogens and bacteria.
Have you ever had a cavity in your mouth? If you have had one, then you know that the trip to the dentist is not fun, and most likely, you would never want to experience it unless you are going for a regular check-up.
Away from that painful memory, how would you feel if there was a simple method in which you could avoid a cavity in your teeth or any sort of infection? I am sure that we would all be dying to find out. Well, the answer is simple, taking ozonated water.
An ozonated glass of water made possible by an ozone generator will kill bacteria and microorganisms in your mouth that can lead to infections and cavities. It operates in a similar way to a mouth wash which means you should get an ozone generator as soon as possible.
You also need an ozone generator for your water purification needs because ozone is automatic and will not require additional chemicals. Most individuals today are looking into purchasing equipment or products that are likely to reduce the number of chemicals they consume.
An ozone generator will serve this purpose as it eliminates the need for any chemicals added to your water in the purification process.
Laundry that has odor is never pleasing. Ozonated water makes your laundry come out completely odor-free.
How Do I Maintain My Ozone System for Effective Purification?
Maintenance of any product that you purchase is key to its longevity. It’s never pleasing to always be back on the shopping ground. I find it emotionally exhausting and economically devastating.
That is why it is always imperative to learn a few key things regarding the maintenance of your ozone generator for water. Although ozone generators do not last for years (unless they are commercial), it is always proper to treat them right for the few months or years you will have them. The good news is that they do not require expensive or extensive maintenance. Let’s delve into the maintenance part!
The first thing that I recommend is whether your ozone generator for water is using an air-drying material. If it is, then this material needs periodic replacement as part of the maintenance.
The water storage tank is another place that you need to check regularly. Some of you may be wondering where the storage tank comes in. most of the ozone systems will have a storage tank that prevents storing the treated water.
You don’t want it laden with dirt, while on the other side, you are trying to have clean water free from any microorganisms. As such, check the water storage tank often.
While at it, ensure that the pumps, the fans, and the valves work properly and are not suffering from any damage and wear. In case they have any damage, then replace the parts or call an ozone generator expert who will advise on the best option.
In connection to engaging the ozone generator expert’s services, you must constantly engage their services to test the equipment for any ozone leaks. These leaks may be detrimental to the space occupants as breathing in high levels of ozone is harmful to live organisms.
Suppose the space occupants with an ozone generator start complaining of symptoms such as headache, itchy throat, and burning eyes. In that case, it may be about time that you called in an expert to check for any leaks before advancing the health problems.
However, if your device has an alert for malfunction or failure, then you already have the advantage of being aware of the problem before even inviting the specialist.
I always like to sign off my maintenance tips by reminding readers or consumers to read and follow the manufacturer’s maintenance instructions. This is because the manufacturer has the best knowledge of how the equipment would work and must be maintained for its satisfactory performance.
Are There Any Risks of Using Ozone Generators?
This is quite a common question for people looking to purchase ozone generators. There are risks when using ozone generators when the users do not follow instructions for use.
The individuals that will mostly be affected include children, the elderly, and people with underlying respiratory conditions. Others who are healthy and outside of the bracket mentioned above may also develop respiratory infections.
Apart from the risk of developing and exacerbating respiratory infections, ozone generators can affect indoor plants and pets adversely by threatening their health. Lastly, if there are materials such as rubber, fabrics, and electrical wire coatings, they can also be damaged by excess ozone levels.
As such, ensure that the timer is on any time that you are treating water using the generator to avoid its overflow to the environment. It is also important that you ask individuals to leave the room in case there is no timer.
Best Ozone Generator for Water
1. HeavenBird Portable Ozone Generator
- 【Multifunctional】: HeavenBird ozone generator can help you remove many unpleasant smells, such as smoke, paint or other unpleasant smells. Also can clear the peculiar smell of daily supplies, such as blanket, shoes, and toothbrushes.
- 【600mg/h efficient output】: HeavenBird ozone generator has an efficient 600mg/h ozone generation rate. It can efficiently cover 30m2 of space.
- 【40 Minutes timer】: spiral countdown design, you can set a countdown of 1-40 minutes. Customize the cleaning time for your different items. The 40-minute timing set can also prevent the internal burning of the machine due to long working hours.
- 【Multiple Uses】: Ozone can be added to the water to keep meat and vegetables fresh. Ozone water can also be used for skin protection and beauty, hand and foot cleaning. Suitable for home, office, kitchen, restaurant, industry and other places.
- 【Warranty】: 1. 24 Hours customer service support. 2. No reason return & refund within 30 days. 3. Quality guarantee service within 30- 180 days.
Don’t you just love a product that operates quietly without disturbing your peace? I know that we are many in this boat. If you want an ozone generator for water that will exhibit whisper-quiet operations, then the HeavenBird Portable Ozone Generator is the equipment you are looking for.
The other advantage is that this product is multipurpose. While you can use it to purify water and make it safe for consumption, it can also purify the air in a room. The purified water is also safe to clean fruits and vegetables, ensuring that almost your entire environment is properly taken care of with this device.
With this product, you also do not have to worry about timing. It comes with an adjustable 60-minute timer knob. Thus, when you require to leave your water to ozonate as you engage in other activities, it is possible.
The notable limitation that most users have complained about is that it is not durable. It operates for a while; then, after that, no ozone comes out. Thus, it would be accurate to indicate that this device is best suited for short-term purposes.
- Low noise levels while in operation.
- Multipurpose product
- Comes with a timer
- Users have complained that the product is not durable.
2. Ozone Aqua-6 Ozone Generator
- 15 Different Timer; No repeat OR Repeat Timer Every 1 or 4 Hours for 2,5,10,15,20, 30 Minute Intervals
- Aqua-6 is a Multi-Function Ozone Generator that Treats Water
- Aqua-6 Produces the Highest Amounts of Ozone with a 600 mg/h Ozone Output
- Internal Air Pump and it comes with Two set of tubes and Two Stone difusers plus Spare internal tubes.
- Available in 110V
The Ozone Aqua-6 Ozone Generator is one of a kind- equipment that you would not regret having in your space. First, if you are a lover of unique designs, this is the ozone generator. It looks beautiful in the room, and it is also wall mountable.
Second, it is light and portable. Therefore, whenever you need to travel to a place where you do not trust the water source, it is easy to carry it, assemble it for use, and take purified water.
I always love a manufacturer who has the consumer in mind such that they put the instructions for use for the product they are selling. This product comes with instructions for use that serve as a guide for even first-time users making you fall in love with it all over again.
As consumers, the goal when purchasing any kind of product is to get one that will last quite a while. This helps eliminate the workload of going back to shopping for the best equipment.
However, when it comes to this equipment, its durability is usually questionable. Users have complained that it only lasted a few months of its light use, with some stating that it did not even last a month.
- Unique design
- Light and portable
- The equipment comes with instructions for use.
- The durability of this ozone generator is questionable.
3. JOBYNA Ozone Generator
- The maximum ozone generation ozone output per hour is 20,000 mg.
- Our ozone machine is very suitable for homes, offices, pet areas, basements, restaurants, cars, etc.
- Our ozone machine uses high-voltage ionization to decompose and polymerize some oxygen into the ozone. Therefore, it does not require a filter.
- You can set the cleaning time to 2 hours or "Hold" mode according to the size of the room.
- JOBYNA provides 2 years warranty for your ozone machine, if you have any questions, please contact us at any time.
This is a favorite ozone generator for many due to its effectiveness and limitless advantages. First, it comes with two purification modes-air and water. You only have to choose the purification mode that you need the generator to switch to at a certain time. The water mode will use a duct to introduce ozone into the water.
It also comes with a two-hour standby timer. This is neither too much nor too little. The good thing is that you can always adjust the timer if you need less than two hours of ozone generation, and it will still work perfectly fine. This product is also FCC and EC certified, which makes it safe for use.
Its easy maintenance also has most users hooked. You don’t have to go through loads and loads of instructions and plenty of nights on Google searching for this product’s maintenance strategies. Portability is another wonderful feature as it is compact, lightweight, and insulated rubber handles, making it easy to move around.
Users have, however, complained that this device might be a bit noisy when operational. This should not stop you from purchasing, as you can choose to be out of the room as the generator purifies your water.
- Comes with two purification modes
- Easy to maintain
- Comes with two hours’ timer standby
- FCC and CE certified
- Maybe a bit noisy while operational
4. Sipure Ozone Generator System
- OZONE: The most powerful oxidative agent in nature and able to destroy residues
- POWER SUPPLY PROTECTION: When system loses balance, it will stop power automatically for the safety
- PLUG & PLAY: Switch on by pressing a button, ozone sterilization operates with low power consumption
- EASY TO INSTALL: The hose connects with a standardized aerator, can be used in wherever you like.
- EASY CLEAN & ANTI-DIRT: Sipure adopts stainless steel hose to keep it durable and be dirt resistance
We all understand that ozone may be harmful if consumed in large amounts. Thus, it is normal that we worry about the ozone concentration in water. However, this is a worry that will be a thing of the past with this product. It comes with an auto-control function for ozone concentration, ensuring that the water’s ozone levels are stable.
Another important element of this product is that it comes with power supply protection which allows the product to automatically stop power when the generator loses its balance.
This feature is amazing because sometimes children with their curiosity can interfere with the equipment leading to a loss of balance, but the power supply protection ensures the child is safe.
No matter how much we love cleanliness, the specific act of cleaning is never something we always love doing. Thus, an anti-dirt product such as this one is fascinating to many. It comes with a stainless steel hose that makes it dirt resistant. The product is also easy to install.
The only limitation is that users have complained that it may be a bit noisy when in operation.
- Comes with power supply protection
- Auto control function for ozone concentration
- Easy installation
- Dirt-resistant product
- Users have, however, complained that it might be a bit noisy.
5. WSTA Ozone Generator
- Multipurpose Ozone Generator: Ozone machine can used for home room kitchen office.Ozone water can be used to clean hands, skin, face,foods.
- Large Ozone Output:This Ozone Generator is portable and lightweight unit, over 500mg/h ozone production, allowing you to use it anytime and anywhere, suitable for air, water, vegetables, fruits, bath, utensils, feeding bottle.
- Ozone Generator with Timer: 5 levels adjustable from 5mins to 60mins, which are 5min,10min,15min, 30min,60min.You can set the working time that you need.
- Small & Portable:This ozone machine is easy to install and convenient to carry out, home kitchen office using, even hunting,car, on vacation, travel,really anywhere you need to clean.
- Customer Service Support:We offer WSTA customer service support, including full refund or free replacement if any defective or unsatisfied.
I have always dreamed of an ozone generator that I can carry everywhere, especially since water safety is not guaranteed in many places. The WSTA Ozone Generator, with its portability and lightweight features, will actualize this dream for you and also myself as I get to carry it anywhere.
Additionally, it is easy to assemble and use, eliminating any potential headaches when you carry it to unfamiliar territory. It is also multipurpose, allowing me to clean water and air, fruits, and vegetables.
The product also comes with a timer which means that you just get to set the timer and head on to other activities. Once the time elapses, it will automatically shut down, meaning you do not risk having an overflow of the ozone levels in your water. However, this benefit is also a limitation to some users as they note that they may need more than 30 minutes running of the timer.
There have also been complaints about the instructions for use. Users have noted that the instructions seem to have been poorly translated from another language, which is annoying and can also pass on the wrong information.
- Easy to install and use.
- Comes with a timer (automatic shut off after 30 minutes)
- Poor instructions on the use
- The 30 minutes automatic shut-off is also a challenge to some users.
6. Aquatic 2 Spa Ozone Generator
- Universal Plug Type: The Aquatic 2 Spa Ozone Generator can be wired for 110v or 220v. Set up instructions are included in the user manual.
- Venturi Injector: If you do not have the vacuum port in your spa provided by the spa manufacturer, then your Aquatic will need the correct size venturi injector to plumb into your spa.
- Quick Installation: The Aquatic 2 is pre-assembled and ready to install. User manual, check valve, 5 feet of tubing, four hose ties and two screws and plastic anchor for mounting, all included in the package.
- Don't settle for irritants! Designed to sterilize and purify water and helps with skin irritants, etc. Get back to the fun without all the hassles and pains that come with Hot Tubs/Spas.
Sanitization for hot tubs, pools, and spas is vital to ensure the avoidance of infections. However, the commonly used method until the discovery of the ozone generator methods was harsh chemicals. The Aquatic 2 Spa Ozone Generator has reduced this over-reliance enabling you to enjoy clean water within no time, free from harsh chemicals.
The other advantage of this ozone generator is that it is maintenance-free. Well, this may seem like a joke as there are very few products that do not need heaps of maintenance, but it’s all true!
The installation is also quick, and you will have your Aquatic 2 Spa Ozone Generator ready within no time for operations. Further, it comes with a universal plug type that can be wired for 110v or 220v, meaning you do not have to struggle to look for the pug type most appropriate for this product.
Users have, however, complained about the durability of the product. It works only for a short while and then ceases the production of ozone which is quite disappointing.
- Easy installation
- Works efficiently, and the water is usually clean within no time.
- Comes with a universal plug type
- Users have complained that the device may not be durable.
We always talk about fire being a good servant but a bad master, and I think the same applies to ozone. Ozone is a good purifier for water used by individuals who understand its use but becomes a bad element if individuals do not have this understanding.
As such, ensure that you read the above product review and buying guide and research more on how you should use the ozone generator for water. Another important point that you should remember is that selecting an ozone generator for water is not all about the most powerful one but about the one that fits your needs.
You can also check the best ozone generator for mold.