Recently, I have run into a lot of questions from my friends and fellow growers on the best 8 inch inline fans. The questions all boil down to the best 8-inch inline fan as there are so many out there.
One friend talked about purchasing two fans consecutively where they did not last for six months cumulatively. Such incidences are so saddening, and since I have the knowledge and experience with 8-inch inline fans, I thought, why not help fellow growers and people who may need air exchange in their spaces.
Why do I need an 8 Inch Inline Duct?
At the beginning of this review, I talked about the inspiration of writing it being my grower friends who have had numerous questions on inline ducts and the best ones.
This does not in any way lock out people who are not growers from using inline ducts. First, let me address those individuals who have to grow tents and wonder how the 8-inch inline fan will be helpful and why they need it.
Most grow rooms and tents are in enclosed places or at tight quarters. This may cause overheating of the grow area, whose consequences are the plants’ death- a loss to the grower. This is where the 8-inch inline fan helps ventilate these grow areas creating conducive environments for the plants to thrive.
This brings me to the next common question, why do I need an 8-inch inline duct if I am not a grower? Well, you need the 8-inch inline duct fan for your space, whether it is a grow tent or not.
This is because it is only healthy to live or occupy even temporarily in well-ventilated spaces. Poor ventilation in rooms makes them ‘sick.’ You can only expect someone living in a ‘sick’ room to be a patient.
The symptoms of sick rooms include the growth of molds as a result of condensation. Consequently, the occupants may develop a wide array of respiratory illnesses, which again calls for unnecessary hospital visits.
Further, it is hard to quantify the amount of loss that ‘sick spaces’ would bring to the equipment and space fabric. Poor ventilation causes the condensed air to damage walls, fabric, and various equipment that cannot handle high humidity levels.
It’s saddening to imagine that the mere lack of an 8-inch inline fan in your spaces can cause all these losses. The good thing is that for you, the reader, this is only an imagination since you now have all the resources necessary to purchase an 8-inch inline fan of your choice to facilitate airflow in all of your spaces.
Your treasured health, that of your pets, and also spaces will now be safer than ever from the consequences of poor ventilation.
Safety Tips When Using an 8 Inch Inline Fan
The first time I got ahold of an 8-inch inline fan, I was so proud of myself (it comes with purchasing something you have saved up a lot). However, the fears started trickling in soon after the easy installation of the fan.
How will I ensure that this inline fan does not cause harm to anyone within this space? I am sure that this is a worry that most people contend with since no one wants tragedy from a device they have brought within certain spaces.
This experience prompted me to write safety tips when one has an 8-inch inline fan within any of their spaces.
The first and most important safety tip that I have found is to keep it away from the reach of children. Well, I agree that children are little blessings, but at times, they can be little terrorists wanting to experiment with anything they find, even as old as in their adolescent stages.
This inline fan should be kept away from their reach since it is easy for them to interfere with the cords or the blades, leading to accidents and destruction to the inline fan.
After purchasing the equipment, ensure that you do not throw away the manuals. Inside the manuals, there are product safety symbols. As part of the safety tips, look at these symbols and understand what they mean to not act against the instructions and cause harm.
Still, as part of safety tips, do not attempt to touch the blades. These may cause injury to the fingers and cause the fan to break down.
The other safety tip is to keep a maintenance schedule. This is something that most people overlook. However, it is important as inline fans may develop problems over time, such as trapping dust over long periods.
This may affect the functioning of the motor causing operational noise, which is quite disturbing. Occasional maintenance also ensures that there is the identification of any problems before they can wreak havoc in your spaces. It is tempting for individuals to disassemble the inline duct fan once it is faulty.
However, refrain from this if you are not a professional. It is not safe, and you may be endangering your space with all that is in it. I would advise that you call a professional electrician to determine the problems.
Although this may cost you the option of doing it free for yourself, I think it would be better to be safe than sorry when the damage is done to your space due to unprofessional intervention.
The Quietest 8 Inch Inline Fan
1. Hydrofarm ACDF8 Active Air 8 Inline Fan
- Active Air inline duct fans offer innovation & performance at a great price.
- Active Air inline duct fans incorporate Brushless thermally protected AC motors with sealed for life Bearings (will not require any lubrication).
- With a full line of fans to meet your needs, All Active Air fans feature: durable ceramic-coated metal housing, UL-recognized components, high quality molded impeller, low noise output, Includes mounting brackets and 8 foot pre-wired 120V cord.
For someone who hates noise, this equipment’s fascinating feature has got to be its whisper-quiet operations. You will not even realize that this fan is in the room or the grow tent once you get in.
I hope most of you can relate when I say that I am usually dying to try it once I purchase something. However, it is usually such a disappointment when you find that it is too hard to install and you may need an extra hand.
Well, this is not the case with the Hydrofarm Active Air 8″ Inline Fan, as it comes with mounting brackets and pre-wired cords. This means that you can start using it as soon as you unbox it. Durability is an integral aspect when purchasing equipment such as a fan, especially of the Hydrofarm brand, as it is quite pricey.
This fan has ceramic coated housing guaranteeing its longevity. The only limitation with this inline fan is that it does not come with speed controls. This should not be a hindrance as it is possible to acquire one at an added cost, which is minimal compared to the benefits you stand to reap with this equipment.
- Ceramic coated housing guaranteeing durability.
- Whisper-quiet operation
- Easy to install
- It does not come with speed controls.
2. AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T8 Quiet 8 Inline Duct Fan
- Designed to ventilate hydroponic grow rooms, transfer heating/cooling, cool AV closets, and exhaust odors.
- Intelligent controller with temperature and humidity programming, fan speed control, timer, and alarm system.
- Mixed flow design combined with a PWM-controlled EC-motor for a truly quiet and energy efficient performance.
- Kit also includes corded sensor probe, AC power plug, two duct clamps, and required mounting hardware.
- Duct Size: 8” | Dimensions: 8.5 x 11.9 x 9.2 in. | Airflow: 807 CFM | Noise: 39 dBA | Bearings: Dual Ball
I have one word to describe this inline fan- PERFECTION. Well, this is not meant to coerce anyone to purchase this inline fan, but it is one of the best deals you will get for an 8-inch inline fan.
It is quiet and energy-efficient owed to its EC motor feature that allows the duct fan to run smoothly without emitting too much noise or heat. This means that your days of complaining about your grow house’s energy consumption levels are almost coming to an end.
By now, you know how important it is for me (and for you too) to purchase an easy to install equipment, and the AC Infinity Cloudline T8 fulfills this desire fully.
One of this device’s fascinating features is that it comes with an intelligent controller making it truly one of a kind. This allows for programming to adjust fan speeds to respond to the difference in temperatures and humidity in the grow tent or your spaces.
The intelligent component of any device means that there has to be some memory capability, and this fan is no different. It has backup memory capability that can set the controller to run continuously or at customizable speeds. This device is, however, slightly more expensive than other inline fans. It’s a worthy investment, so price should not be an obstacle.
- Quiet and energy-efficient
- Easy installation
- Intelligent controller
- More expensive than other inline fans
3. VIVOSUN 8 Inch 740 CFM Inline Duct Ventilation Fan
- POWERFUL AIR FLOW: Heavy hitting blower with a fan speed of 2450 RPM for an air flow of 740 CFM. Moves air through your target location efficiently for optimal ventilation.
- RUNS SMOOTH AND QUIET: Powerful fan puts out only 53 dB noise level. Fine-tuned for minimum vibration with a sturdy vegan leather cover that further muffles any sound or vibration.
- DURABLE BUILD: Galvanized steel parts come factory painted to resist atmospheric corrosion from humidity. Tight, precise construction eliminates rattling and reduces wear and tear to give the element a long life.
- HIGH TECH DESIGN: The aerodynamically designed centrifugal impeller of this unit delivers strong air flow with a disproportionately low sound profile. Fitted with a variable speed controller and dual flanges for hassle free hookup
- VERSATILE APPLICATIONS: Ideal for cooling lighting fixtures or controlling hot and humid conditions in grow tents/rooms.
I understand that people have different financial budgets, which is why I have included the Vivosun 8″ Inline Fan. Some may just be starting as growers or may require an 8-inch inline fan to test how it would work for their spaces.
This calls for an inexpensive option due to the budgetary restrictions, which is the first advantage of this inline fan. It has reasonable pricing. On top of this, it has a permanently lubricated bearing taking off the burden of constant lubrication (it’s a headache for most of us).
This fan is also light in weight, making it easy to change positions in your spaces. Quiet operations should always be on top of the list when looking for inline fans because noise can drive you crazy. Fortunately, the Vivosun 8″ Inline Fan is whisper quiet and also energy efficient.
The drawback of this equipment is that it has a short power cord presenting a challenge when connecting it with ease. Further, if you need to use your inline fan with a carbon filter, this device will limit you. It is not powerful enough to support carbon filtration.
- Reasonable pricing
- Permanently lubricated bearing
- Energy-efficient and quiet operation
- Short power cord
- It cannot be used with a carbon filter.
4. TerraBloom ECMF-200 Quiet 8 Inline Duct Fan
- Effective ventilation for medium to large grow tent set ups, HVAC air boosting, heat, exhaust of heat, odor, humidity.
- Built-in variable speed controller allows to select any output between 60% and 100%. Motor Uses 205W.
- Mixed-flow design and quiet motor generate 735 CFM and sound output of 60 dBa (ducted).
- Designed using removable duct ends with locking tabs. Pre-wired (6FT) for easy installation. Includes mounting bracket.
- Duct Size: 8 in. | Dimensions: 12 x 9 x 9 in. | Airflow: 735 CFM | Noise: 60 dBA | Motor: 205W, AC, Brushless | Max Environment Temperature: 140°F.
The TerraBloom ECMF-200 Quiet 8 Inch Inline Duct Fan is one of its kind with its numerous advantages. This inline fan does not give users a hard time when it comes to energy-saving as it is built with a cutting-edge brushless electronically commutated motor.
This allows the fan to save on energy. Specifically, the inline fan can deliver 710 CFM of airflow using 75 Watts. This sounds unbelievable, but it is just the tip of the icing when it comes to the advantages that you will experience with this fan.
It also has coated steel housing, eliminating the worries of rust and accidental damage to the inline fan. This housing also protects the fan from harsh elements guaranteeing durability and reduced needs for maintenance.
Most importantly, this inline fan has whisper-quiet operations even at full speed. The unpleasant hum that some inline fans produce could be a distinguishing factor between any fan’s purchase. It also comes with an adjustable speed controller, which reduces the stress of purchasing an external one.
The only drawback of this inline fan is that it cannot operate over 90 percent humidity. This means that if your grow house has high humidity levels, the fan may die on you. However, you cannot allow the benefits of the fan to escape you. So please ensure that you use this fan in low-humidity rooms.
- Energy-saving equipment
- It comes with an adjustable speed controller
- Coated steel housing
- Quiet operation
- cannot operate over 90 percent humidity
5. Vortex 711 CFM S-Line S-800 Fan
- The s-line is a revolutionary series of fans that combine energy efficiency, ultra-quiet operations and a collection of advanced technologies that deliver unparalleled performances
Let me start this review with an exciting feature of this device- it comes with a 10-year warranty. Most of us feel safe when purchasing products with a warranty because it serves as a kind of assurance that there are chances of longevity.
Although we might never use the warranty for this device because of its capabilities and durability, it is always good to have a warranty assurance.
The inline fan is also energy efficient, enabled by the ac brushless motor powers with dual impellers. An energy-efficient fan is the dream of every grower, so you should not have to be left behind.
Although this inline fan does not have ultra-quiet operations, the noise is at a manageable level. This comes from its double insulated walls allowing you to go about your work without crazy humming noises from the fan.
This review is all about honesty, and in that spirit, I would like to mention the only drawback that I have come across for this device. The brackets for mounting the inline fan are plastic.
This makes it quite a challenge in installation as most people will fear the inline fan’s weight could take the brackets down any time. Even if the brackets were to mount well, they do not last long, forcing the user to buy metal brackets.
- Energy efficient
- Ten-year warranty
- Quiet operations
- The bracket system is plastic.
There are many regrettable decisions that I have made in life (I know you have too). However, there are two that I can never regret- buying an 8-inch inline fan for my grow tent and writing this buying guide to make your work easier.
I can guarantee that you will purchase the best 8-inch inline fan for your space after a comprehensive review of this guide. You will also be able to handle the 8-inch inline duct fan with care keeping your spaces and people safe. Getting an 8-inch inline fan is the best decision that you will make this year.