Best Single Hose Portable Air Conditioner buyers guide
When shopping for the best air compressor in the market, you must consider the features that serve you better. A single-hose portable air compressor is ideal for a room not exceeding 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Its portability feature is useful if you want to move it from room to room or between buildings. Before buying your unit, let me enlighten you with some of the features to consider.
Yes! The type of air conditioner you choose does matter. There are two types of ACs you may choose from depending on the humidity in your area-evaporative or non-evaporative. Non-evaporative ACs work by siphoning in air, cooling it rapidly, and releasing it back into the room. The process makes the air less humid as it cools the room.
On the other hand, evaporative air conditioners cool the air by passing it through cold water or ice. It results in more humid air, thus appropriate for arid climates. Therefore, you can choose between the two depending on the climate of your area.
Your room size resonates with the British Thermal Units (BTU) ratings of the air conditioner. BTU is presumably used to measure the amount of heat an AC can remove from your room in an hour. The bigger the area, the higher the BTU rating you should pick. You should confirm with your dealer after measuring your room size so that you pick the right size. A smaller BTU capacity will not be sufficient to cool your room, and a larger one will waste your cash both on its price and power consumption.
After cooling air, water droplets from the condensation process merge and form huge masses. The water at times fills the tank and requires proper drainage to lead it out. Some units have removable tanks that allow easy entry and pouring of water. I advise you to land on an AC that automatically drains the water out of the tank when full.
Portability is a critical factor, more so if you’ll frequently carry the unit within your car or from one room to another. So, consider a portable unit like the ones we’ve selected in our list.
Energy-efficiency matters a lot since some ACs consume much power. Energy bills are sometimes high, and to minimize your expenditure, go for an energy-efficient air conditioner. It would be best if you chose ACs rated with Energy Star and certified by the energy department to conserve power.
How many Btu do I need to cool my home?
When shopping for the best single-hose portable air conditioner, I’ll advise you to prioritize your room size before considering the BTU of the AC. For a proper solution, you’ll have to match the BTU with the room size to get a cool environment. The BTU measures the quantity of heat required to raise one pound of water by one degree Fahrenheit. In short, the BTU marks the amount of heat an AC can remove from a room in an hour.
The BTU that correctly matches your room should resonate with the size of the room. If you choose a smaller unit, it will run continuously, failing to cool your room appropriately. On the other hand, if you land on a unit with a higher BTU rating, it will run faster and fail to remove all the humidity from your room.
Here is a breakdown that will guide you on getting the appropriate BTU rating for your room:
|Room Size in Sq. ft.||BTU ratings|
How can I maintain my single-hose portable air conditioner?
That’s an excellent question. All air conditioners require frequent maintenance to increase their lifespan. There are some maintenance techniques that you must maintain weekly, monthly, and twice per season. Let’s dig deeper into the maintenance criteria.
You should wipe down the exterior of your unit weekly. You can get a damp cloth and wipe the outer surface to keep it clean, sparkling, and shiny. It’s crucial to keep the hoses short to reduce dust and moisture buildup. This increases its performance and minimizes excessive bills.
If you do not have a unit with an automatic drainage system, you’ll have to remove the condensation regularly. Removing the condensation frequently eradicates the potential of mold growth within your air conditioner.
Make it a priority to clean or change your filters monthly. The filters help keep away dust from your unit, thus requiring a consistent clean-up or change for efficiency. Before buying your unit, confirm with your dealer if you can get the right match in case you need to change it.
- Twice per season
Ensure in every season; you make time to clean the condenser coils twice. You’ll require simple tools like a screwdriver to open the back panel. After that, you involve a vacuum cleaner to remove the dust.
How do I empty a portable air conditioner?
Simple! Draining your portable unit is one of the most manageable maintenance tasks that you’ll have. However, it depends on your model and the period relies on how often you use your AC. If your model comes with a hose, you can attach and direct it to a nearby floor drain. If it is manual drainage, place a pan under the AC, let the water fill it, and then pour it into the nearby drainage.
Best single hose portable air conditioner
While most of us tend to underestimate an air conditioner’s usefulness, these units go a long way in keeping indoor temperatures safe for everyone, including pets and young ones. Most single-hose portable air conditioners use a compressor to power the cooling system and remove the heat from your room. They work by pulling air from within the room and expel warmed air or moisture outside.
Single hose portable air conditioners have a much simpler design, practical, and offer ample cooling for most spaces. They are suitable for use in multiple and different areas around your home as well as outdoor patios. They’re specifically basic for users who are tired of bulky A/C’s awkwardly installed on their windows or walls. They don’t require permanent installation and are equipped with caster wheels for easy mobility.
Here are the top seven options currently on the market.
- Rollibot ROLLICOOL Portable Air Conditioner
- WORKS WITH ALEXA — Our 3-in-1 smart AC delivers comfort you control in three ways: top-mounted digital display, iOS/Android-compatible app, and a library of Alexa skills for voice control.
- RELIABLE COOLING — With a 14,000 BTU rating, this smart air conditioner can cool and dehumidify spaces up to 375 sq. ft. That’s about the size of a studio apartment, large bedroom or family room.
- COOLING POWER OF VOICE — Cool and dehumidify any space from anywhere. Pair with your Alexa device (sold separately) and let your voice control the portable floor air conditioner*. Just ask Alexa!
- QUIET OPERATION — At its highest setting, the COOL100H-20 Wi-Fi AC unit is as quiet as a conversation, operating at noise level of under 55dB on its highest setting.
- BEST-IN-CLASS SUPPORT – All Rollibot standing air conditioners are protected by a One-Year Limited Warranty, fully backed by an American company. Have questions? Simply contact our expert team of customer support specialists via Email, phone or live chat.
The Rollibot ROLLICOOL Portable Air Conditioner is designed from the ground up to be convenient, compact, and easy to use. It’s updated from the last year’s successful model and boasts quiet performance, robust features, and several control options with full app management. It uses its robust 10,000 BTU cooling capacity to deliver the power you need to cool or dehumidify spaces up to 275 sq. ft.
This unit is powerful enough to cool small spaces, large bedrooms, or offices within fractions of time. Its smooth-gliding 360-degree caster wheels add superior portability, while its three comfort modes add freedom and flexibility to your home or office. This Wi-Fi-enabled voice-activated room air conditioner can set temperature, timers, and switch modes for maximum comfort.
It works with Alexa and the user-friendly ROLLICOOL app available on iOS or Android. It uses an R-410A coolant that doesn’t contain chlorine or other refrigerants that contribute to ozone depletion. With an easy-clean, reusable air filter to capture dust, dirt, and other allergens, the Rollibot ROLLICOOL Portable Air Conditioner is designed to deliver precisely that. This unit will turn your muggy room into your paradise!
- Compact and portable
- Simple to use
- User friendly
- World-class service and support
- Works great
- It looks flimsy and cheaply made for some users
2.Hisense AP12CR1G 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
- The Hisense AP12CR1G 12K BTU Portable Air Conditioner can easily be moved from room to room and can cool an area up to 400 square feet.
- The window ventilation kit (included) is easily installed in most vertical-sliding windows from 18-inch to 50-inch wide or horizontal-sliding windows from 18-inch to 50-inch tall
- The I-FEEL temperature sensor built into the remote control transmits its surrounding temperature back to the unit, which adjusts accordingly, providing maximum comfort.
- Low noise cooling system ensures quiet operation. Cooler and quieter with new cross-flow fan design.
- Dual Temperature Display, The front-facing temperature display is easy to read, even from across the room.
The Hisense AP12CR1G 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner is designed to maximize your comfort without the need for installing a heavy unit in the window or affecting the exterior appearance of your home. It can be easily moved from room to room and can cover spaces up to 400 square feet. It’s equipped with adjustable louvers that open automatically when the unit is powered on.
Hisense cross-flow fan design gives you cool, quiet, and strong airflow while maximizing your comfort. Its I-FEEL temperature sensor built into the remote control transmits its surrounding temperature back to the unit, providing maximum comfort and flexibility. Its low noise cooling system also ensures quiet operation, while the dual temperature display allows users to freely and easily adjust temperature settings. It’s highly competent!
- Quiet enough
- Works perfectly
- Excellent features
- Extremely well insulated
- Superior quality
- Easily portable
- Quite challenging to install an exhaust hose
3.LG Portable 115V Air Conditioner – Rooms up to 200-sq ft, White
- Your purchase includes One LG LP0818WNR Portable Air Conditioner that covers rooms up to 200-sq.ft, in white + hose and window mount
- Air conditioner dimensions: 16.93” W x 27.36” H x 12.80” D. Weight 58.4 lbs
- Performance: 8,000 BTU. Dehumidification: 1.27 kg/hr. Est cooling area of 200-sq.ft
- Features: Programmable 24-hour on/off timer. Multiple fans speeds with Auto cool. Oscillating air vent. Auto evaporation system. LCD Remote Control
- Drain water as needed, by removing stoppers and slightly tipping back the unit
This sleek, portable unit is an excellent fit for a wide variety of conditions and times of the year. Its auto-swing technology ensures you enjoy every bit of cool air by circulating fresh air more efficiently, so no hot spot is left untouched. Its free-standing, portable, and contemporary design perfectly blends with any interior décor.
It incorporates an auto evaporation system that allows for continuous use and a programmable 24-hour on/off timer for easy control even when you’re not around. With 8,000 BTU capacities, this brand can cover rooms up to 200-sq.ft. Its other additional features include LCD remote control, oscillating air vent, and multiple fan speeds for added flexibility.
Thanks to its attached wheels, you can quickly move it around. It’s an ideal choice for cooling the master bedroom, home office, or home library. This unit is designed to treat the air around you by using its built-in filter to keep dust or germs away. It comes from a famous brand, easy to use, and offers a hassle-free operation. While it’s a bit noisy, some folks find it a bit soothing!
- Looks great
- Fast and easy setup
- Works as advertised
- Portable and compact
- Fairly priced
- No setbacks yet
4.Global Air 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner Cooling /Fan with Remote Control in White
- Digital controls offer precise temperature adjustments and the remote control lets you control the air Conditioner from across the room
- Self-evaporative system no water tank. The condensing water is recycled to improve the efficiency through cooling condenser
- Maximum room size up to 400 square feet. Over-cold protection three minutes restart Delay function. Wind blows upward and anti-frozen function under cooling
- Unit must be vented to the outside (use included window installation kit and follow detailed installation instructions in the Owner's Manual). Do not use extension cords
- Dimensions: 13" W x 17" D x 31.3" H | Product Weight: 62.20 lb
House to house, room to room, or home to work, the Global Air 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner is the ideal cooling solution for every home. Its digital controls offer precise temperature adjustments; while the remote control lets you have maximum and effortless control from across the room.
It’s equipped with a self-evaporative system that ensures the condensing water is recycled to improve the efficiency through the cooling condenser. With 10,000 BTU power, this portable unit can cover spaces up to 300 square feet. Its 4-way air direction helps spread the air evenly throughout the room, while its digital controls offer precise temperature adjustments.
It’s also designed to keep you cool all summer long and requires no water tank to function fully. Its lightweight design enhances ease of movement while the two-speed fans maximize your comfort. Its easy-to-read LED filters also offer the option to use active carbon filters.
- Amazingly quiet
- Very convenient
- Simple to install
- Fairly priced
- Small coverage area
5.De’Longhi 3-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner, Dehumidifier & Fan + Arctic Cool Quiet Mode with Remote Control & Wheels, 700 sq. ft, Extra Large Room, Light Gray
- POWERFUL YET QUIET: Cool rooms up to 700 square feet in total area with less noise
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL FOR MAXIMUM COMFORT: 3-in-1 unit features cooling, dehumidifying, and fan mode for air circulation
- SAVE ENERGY, COOL THE ROOM YOU’RE IN: By cooling only the room you’re in, you can raise your household thermostat and lower your energy bills
- NO TOOLS REQUIRED: Unit sets up in minutes. Caster wheels and handles allow you to move it easily from room to room
- NO LEAKS: No-drip technology automatically recycles condensation within the unit, helping to prevent any type of leaks
Weighing in at only 81.8 pounds, the De’Longhi 3-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner is designed for easy mobility and to cool your room throughout the warm season. This 3-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner incorporates cooling, fan, and dehumidifying mode for air circulation. It’s robust enough to cool rooms up to 700 square feet and areas with less noise.
It enlists remote control to quickly adjust your comfort level for added convenience and Real Feel Technology to secure the best comfort level thanks to the combination of temperature reduction and humidity control. It’s designed to cool only the room you’re in, thereby helping you save more on energy bills. It sets up in minutes and includes caster wheels or handles for easy movement across the room.
Its other potential features include a 24-Hour Timer that you can turn on or off to meet your desired schedule and No-drip technology that automatically recycles condensation within the unit, preventing any leaks. It also boasts a BioSilver filter that helps prevent the growth of mildew, mold, or bacteria so you can breathe easier!
- Convenient features
- Incorporates exclusive technology
- No leaks
- Includes a 2-year limited warranty
- Cools off your room fast
- Sleek and modern design
- Easy to setup
- Not entirely the most powerful
6.TCL 14P31 portable-air-conditioner, 14,000 BTU, White
- 4-IN-1 AC, HEATER, FAN, & DEHUMIDIFIER: The portable 4-in-1 AC, heater, fan, & dehumidifier has everything you need to cool off, warm up, or dry out excess moisture without ever needing to empty a bucket with our self-evaporating design
- POWERFUL COOLING & HEATING: Experience year-round comfort with the powerful 14,000 BTU air conditioner featuring a strong heating and cooling capacity for rooms up to 350 sq. ft.*
- SET UP IN MINUTES. MOVE AROUND IN SECONDS: With the simple and easy installation kit, set up your portable AC unit in minutes using the included hose and window kit. Weighing only 68 lbs, the portable AC features handles and wheels for quick moves from room to room. (Size: 14.56 x 17.61 x 28.15 inches)
- COMFORTABLY QUIET: Thoughtfully designed to not disturb you, this ac unit noise level is as low as 52 decibels so you can enjoy serene cooling in peace.
- EASY AND CONVENIENT CONTROL: The LED display makes controlling your portable air conditioner simple while the included remote lets you effortlessly control the unit without ever leaving the couch.
- KEEP YOUR ENERGY BILL LOW: The 24-Hour Timer and Sleep Mode help to keep your energy bill low while you stay comfortable.
- PROTECT YOUR AC FROM DUST & PET HAIR: The washable and reusable filter helps protect the life of your window AC while also reducing large airborne particles like dust and pet hair.
- RESTARTS AUTOMATICALLY: Auto-restart mode ensures your AC unit turns on automatically to provide comfort even after a power outage.
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Use your quiet portable air conditioner in the bedroom, living room, utility room, dining room, basement, nursery, dorm, office, or where needed
Its modified, sleek design is probably the first thing most shoppers notice when looking for a portable air conditioner. TCL is a famous brand trusted for creating home comfort products that deliver meaningful experiences. Its 3-in-1 functionality and self-evaporating design allow you to choose the perfect model to keep your home clean, cool, and dry without ever needing to empty a bucket.
This brand has a powerful cooling capacity of 14,000 BTU, powerful enough to cool rooms up to 350 sq. ft. It also enlists multiple fan speeds that allow you to choose your level of comfort. It comes fully loaded with an installation kit for easy and quick setup. It’s engineered with wheels for easy mobility from across the room. It’s also equipped with a washable and reusable filter that helps protect the life of your air conditioner.
The TCL 14P31 portable-air-conditioner is thoughtfully designed not to disturb users with a noise level as low as 51 decibels. Its 24-Hour Timer and Sleep Mode significantly help keep your energy bills low, while the LED and remote control ensures effortless control without you ever leaving the couch.
- Relatively quiet
- Restarts automatically
- Easy and convenient control
- Simple and versatile
- The housing looks flimsy
- FRIGIDAIRE FFPA0822U1 Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control for Rooms up to 350-sq. ft, 8,000 BTU, White
With up to 8,000 BTU capacities, the FRIGIDAIRE FFPA0822U1 Portable Air Conditioner can cool rooms up to 350-Sq. Ft. Its space-wise and portable design makes it an ideal cooling solution for any space. It’s equipped with four wheels for easy movement and comes along with the window install kit and exhaust hose.
It maintains the pre-set room temperature via an on-board thermostat and features ready-select controls that you can easily use to select options at the touch of a button. It also boasts four fan speeds and operating modes for ultimate control. Frigidaire’s reusable, washable filter reduces airborne particles, creating a more comfortable environment.
- Includes a washable filter
- Simple to setup
- Effortless restart
- Works great
- Quite squeaky
The bottom line
Now that you are equipped with many factors to weigh on, you can take your time and decide on the best single-hose portable air conditioner you prefer. We hope the information above will serve as guidance as it incorporates all the aspects to look into. I’ve only selected the best based on quality, longevity, and performance. Enjoy your shopping!