Wet rated outdoor ceiling fans are terrific options for enhancing the ambiance and aesthetics of your patios, decks, and porches.
While their primary function is to increase airflow in these spaces, they’re also designed to withstand extreme weather conditions, including heavy rain, ice, and snow. You can even wash them off using a hose, and they will still hold up great.
Without a doubt, these are the type of fans you want to install in your outdoor space if you’re going to enjoy the day without so much summer heat. However, there are many options and brands on the market, and choosing one for your home isn’t always the easiest thing to do.
For that reason, I have developed a list of the best wet rated outdoor ceiling fans to help make an informed decision. From outdoor ceiling fans with lights to ceiling fans with different unique finishes, you will find the best ceiling fans for any outdoor area.
You can also check the best outdoor ceiling fans with lights.
10 Best Wet Rated Outdoor Ceiling Fans
1. Honeywell Duvall 52-Inch Tropical Ceiling Fan
- QUALITY DESIGN: Features a bronze finish and 5 ETL wet rated wicker blades. Tropical style ceiling fan design with wicker blades.
- QUICK INSTALLATION: Includes "Quick 2 Hang" technology, quickly attach fan blades to the motor housing with ease. Assembling your ceiling fan has never been simpler!
- QUIET REVERSIBLE MOTOR: Conveniently quiet, 4 speed, reversible motor that can be run in reverse in the winter to aid in rotating warm air in the room.
- MEDIUM TO LARGE SIZED SPACES: 52 inch blades, which are designed for medium to large sized rooms such as a bedroom, living room, dining room or common areas.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Limited Lifetime Manufacturer's Warranty.
If you’re looking for an inexpensive and decent fan that can quickly circulate air in your outdoor space, this is a model you certainly want to consider. This is a tropical style ceiling fan that is both easy to assemble and install, even for someone who hasn’t installed a ceiling fan before.
Featuring five wet rated wicker blades, a reversible and quiet motor, and four speeds, you can choose the speed at which the fan runs depending on how much you want to cool the air. The reversible motor also allows you to change the direction of the blades in winter to help circulate warm air in the room.
While the motor is relatively quiet, some customers complained about occasional creaking noises the fan produces when first starting up or the constant humming of the motor even when they were 20 feet away. That means if you’re on a budget and don’t mind the noise, you still get a working outdoor ceiling fan.
Since airflow capacity is an essential factor when choosing a ceiling fan, this model doesn’t disappoint. It’s 5022 CFM rating is enough for medium to large rooms, including bedrooms, dining rooms, decks, patios, and other common areas.
Overall, this is a great ceiling fan for homeowners looking to improve airflow in their outdoor space without worrying about anything else.
- Considerably cheap for a fan of its quality
- Easy to install
- Comes with options on how to mount
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Flexible – can be used both indoors and outdoors
- Energy efficient
- Airflow slower than stated
- Operate very loudly
2. Emerson Ceiling Fans CF621VNB Batalie Breeze
- LARGE BRONZE CEILING FAN – Both stylish and powerful, this hanging ceiling fan offers superior airflow in large spaces. This air circulator has a 52 inch blade span with 14-degree blade pitch to create the ideal breeze both indoors and out.
- DECORATIVE FIXTURE WITH TROPICAL DESIGN – Blending coastal vibes with boho flair, this tropical ceiling fan boasts rattan-inspired palm leaf blades for a modern look. A great home décor accent for gazebos and sunrooms.
- WET RATED WITH WEATHER RESISTANT BLADES – Intended for use outside, this heavy duty ceiling fan is made with 5 weather resistant blades to cool you down on warm summer days on your outdoor porch, patio, or deck.
- PULL CHAIN AND DOWNROD INCLUDED – Overhead fan is easy to control with its simple pull chain operation. This ceiling fan kit comes with a downrod that offers a 4.5-inch extension from the ceiling for semi flush installation that is compatible with sloped ceilings.
- QUIET MOTOR WITH LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY – This ceiling fan without light is designed with 3 speed settings so you can switch to your ideal level of comfort. The quiet, reversible fan motor is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Emerson CF621VNB Batalie Breeze is one of the small-sized but highly functional ceiling fans currently available.
Although its 5-blade fans have a modest width of 52 inches, Emerson CF621VNB Batalie Breeze has an amazingly high capacity to move air of 5231CFM. This makes it effective in circulating air in outdoor spaces that measure up to 400 square feet.
Additionally, the 180mm by 20mm motor that operates by the direct drive mode is powerful enough to enable this fan to circulate air effectively in large indoor and outdoor spaces without much noise.
It is easy to use the Emerson CF621VNB fan because of the included pull chain and remote control. You can use the pull chain control to adjust the fan’s speed as well as switch it on and off.
The wall or remote control enables users to adjust the fan’s speed across three levels (low, medium, and high). Also, you can alternate between summer and winter mode by using the remote or wall control.
- Easy use and management of performance using a 4-seed remote or wall control
- High air moving capacity of 5231CFM
- Operates silently
- The light kit is sold separately.
3. Hunter Caicos 52 in. New Bronze Wet Rated Ceiling Fan
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
The Hunter Caicos ceiling fan has been specially designed for use in covered and uncovered outdoor spaces. The stainless-steel hardware can withstand all elements, such as water and dust, and remain useful for a long time. Because of the high level of durability, using this fan offers great value for money.
This fan has several features that enhance its performance as an outdoor ceiling fan. The five antique bronze blades have a pitch of 13 degrees that ensures optimal air movement in large outdoor spaces like pergolas.
Also, it comes with a simple pull chain that you can use to switch it on and off as well as control the speed. It has three levels of operation speed to ensure an optimal supply of air in a room or outdoor space.
A big drawback of this fan relates to the level of power consumption of its light kit. The inclusion of incandescent bulbs makes it consume up to 75% more energy than fans that have LED light kits.
- Can be mounted in three styles (flush, standard, and angle) to enhance performance
- Highly durable because it is made of bronze, quality plastic, and stainless-steel hardware
- Simple installation process
- Its incandescent bulbs are less energy-efficient than the standard LED lights.
4. Fanimation FPS8332BDZW Hugh 44 Ceiling Fan
- 3 speed AC motor with reverse switch
- Set of (3) 44 or 52 inch Wet Rated blades and 18 watt LED light kit with cover and bulbs included
- WiFi or Bluetooth compatible (required controls sold separately)
- 3785 CFM on High
- TR500 handheld remote with 23A battery included
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Fanimation FPS8332BDZW Hugh ceiling fan has several features that make it easy to use and control. Unlike many other wet rated outdoor ceiling fans, it comes with a fully integrated 18W LED light kit.
It comes with 18W LED bulbs that are energy-efficient and provide enough lighting when the fan is used in outdoor spaces. You can change the level of brightness of the bulb using a remote or wall control.
The major shortcoming of this fan is related to its capacity to move air effectively when used in large areas. It has a cutting width of 44 inches lower than the standard 52 inches of many wet-rated ceiling fans currently available on the market. Also, its 3785CFM score is lower than that of many other wet rated outdoor fans.
However, features that enhance the ease of use and control of the fan, including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled controls and an integrated LED light, offset the fan’s low air movement capacity.
- Comes with an integrated and dimmable 18W LED light kit
- Wi-Fi or Bluetooth enabled remote control
- A low air circulation capacity of 3785CFM limits its effectiveness in large areas
5. Minka-Aire F896-65-BNW Xtreme H20 65″ Outdoor Ceiling Fan
- DESIGN: Sleek, Contemporary Style the XTREME H2O was crafted for indoor or outdoor use, in a Brushed Nickel Wet Finish with 8 Silver Blades
- BULB: Custom 20W LED Light Kit K9886L-BNW available for separate purchase
- INCLUDED: 6" Downrod, RC400 - Six-speed hand-held remote with on/off plus full-range light dimming and forward/reverse
- MOTOR: Conveniently quiet DC Motor
- DIMENSIONS: Measures 13.5'' from the ceiling to the bottom of the fan with the included 6" downrod. This Contemporary Ceiling Fan has a blade sweep diameter of 65'' with 9° Blade Pitch
- ADDITIONAL: Requires Bond BD-1000 hub (sold separately) to work with Amazon Alexa or Google Home. Wall Control WC400 and multiple downrod lengths are also available sold separately.
The Minka-Aire F896-65-BNW Xtreme H20 65″ is a great outdoor ceiling fan because it has a combination of features for enhanced performance and ease of use.
With an eight-blade fan, a cutting width of 65 inches, and an air moving capacity of 5748CFM, this product is powerful enough to condition the air in large outdoor spaces that measure more than 400 square feet.
The metallic blades have been specially made to withstand real wet conditions in covered and uncovered outdoor spaces. Thus, the fan performs well in uncovered and covered outdoor environments.
By altering the mounting position and length of the downrod, you can experience the best performance of the Minka-Aire F896-65-BNW Xtreme H20 65″ fan depending on the configuration of your ceiling.
The main drawback of the Minka-Aire F896-65-BNW Xtreme H20 65″ ceiling fan is that it does not come with an integrated light kit. However, it is easy to obtain a compatible LED light kit and install it with this fan to enhance its performance in outdoor spaces.
- Sold with multiple accessories including a 6-inch downrod and handheld remote control
- Great air moving capacity (5748 CFM and 65-inch cutting width)
- Light kit sold separately.
6. Emerson Ceiling Fans CF552ORB Veranda 52-Inch Indoor Outdoor Ceiling Fan
- A 52-inch blade span makes this outdoor ceiling fan the perfect choice for any patio or deck space
- The Veranda's stylish design and Oil Rubbed Bronze finish are an elegant complement to any décor
- Equipped with 5 all-weather blades for the highest quality Wet Location rated ceiling fans
- A 4-1/2-inch downrod is included in this line of Emerson ceiling fans
- Add an accessory light fixture or control to this adaptable fan
The Emerson Ceiling Fans CF552ORB is a standard ceiling fan that functions well in medium to large indoor and outdoor spaces, including living rooms, porches, and verandahs.
It has an average 52-inch cutting with, five highly durable blades with a 13-degree pitch and an airflow efficiency of 5259CFM. This level of airflow is enough to provide the required breeze in such spaces.
Besides, the fan comes with accessories such as a downrod and pull chain. The downrod makes it easy to mount the fan at ideal heights. You can also use the Bluetooth enabled remote to control the speed of the fan conveniently.
The greatest drawback of this fan is that it lacks the reverse motor functionality. Fans that have this functionality are ideal for use during winter and summer seasons. When set on reverse mode, the rotation of the blades of the fan collects and distributes warm air all-around a room.
- The oil-rubbed bronze finish provides an elegant look and blends well with antique and modern indoor and outdoor styles
- Pull chain and a 6-inch downrod included
- Standard performance for use in medium to large indoor and outdoor spaces measuring up to 400 square feet
- Remote control not included
- Does not have the reverse motor functionality
7. Minka-Aire F753-BNW, Java Brushed Nickel Wet 54″ Outdoor Ceiling Fan
- DESIGN: Versatile and Contemporary in design, the Minka-Aire Java is designed in a Brushed Nickel Wet finish and Three Silver Blades
- BULB: No light included.
- INCLUDED: RCS213 - Three-speed hand-held remote and 6" Downrod
- MOTOR: Conveniently quiet, 3 speed - reversible motor. Run Summer and Winter to aid in rotating air and cutting down on energy costs.
- DIMENSIONS: Measures 14.75'' from the ceiling to the lowest point of the fan with the included 6" downrod. This Contemporary Ceiling Fan has a blade sweep diameter of 54'' with 14° Blade Pitch
- ADDITIONAL: Wet Rated for outdoor or indoor use. Requires Bond hub BD-1000 (sold separately) to work with Amazon Alexa or Google Home. Optional WCS213 wall control can be purchased separately.
The Minka-Aire F753-BNW has all the features of a modern ceiling fan that can be effectively used in outdoor environments. Its 54-inch three blades with a brushed nickel finish provide an elegant look that blends with most décor types.
It comes with a voice-activation functionality that you can connect with your virtual assistant, like Alexa, for easy audio control. The voice activation functionality complements the universal remote-control feature to make it very easy and convenient to use this fan.
The most significant shortcoming of this fan relates to airflow. This is measured in cubic feet per minute per watt. Fans with high CFM levels and low wattage are more efficient than those with high wattage and low CFM levels. The Minka-Aire F753-BNW has an average efficiency score of 101 CFM per Watt, which is average.
- Remote control for the management of speed and light brightness included
- Speed of the fan can be adjusted across three levels only (some fans have 6-speed functionality)
- Bond technology enables enhanced control through connection with Alexa
- Light kit not included
- The average efficiency of 101 CFM per watt
8. Casablanca Indoor / Outdoor Ceiling Fan
- Casablanca Charthouse Indoor / Outdoor Ceiling Fan with Pull Chain Control
- CLASSIC CEILING FAN: The traditional Charthouse fan comes with fresh white blades that will keep your home interior current and inspired; Measures 60 x 60 x 13.13 Inch
- MULTI-SPEED REVERSIBLE FAN MOTOR: Whisper Wind motor delivers ultra-powerful airflow with quiet performance; Change the direction from downdraft mode during the summer to updraft mode during the winter
- PULL CHAIN CONTROL: Turn the fresh white ceiling fan on/off and adjust the speed quickly and easily with the pull chains
- ROOM PLACEMENT: Indoor/outdoor weather proof ceiling fan is height adjustable, via the included 3" & 2" downrods, to ensure proper distance from the ceiling and optimize air movement; Wet-rated for areas exposed to moisture and humidity like porches, patios, sunrooms, living room, and bedroom
A combination of five blades with a cutting width of 54 inches, a Direct Drive motor with reversible capabilities, and a CFM of 7205 makes the Casablanca Indoor/Outdoor ceiling fan one of the most powerful products available.
The inclusion of a powerful Direct Drive motor enables the fan to perform silently, thus causing minimal obtrusion when used in indoor or outdoor settings.
You can switch between the downdraft and updraft modes at the click of a button because the fan has a reversible motor. The downdraft mode is ideal for hot conditions when you need the fan to circulate cool air across the room.
When you switch to the updraft mode, the blades of the fan collect the warm air that accumulates at the roof of the space and distributes it across the entire area.
However, this fan comes with 2-inch and 3-inch downrods only. If you need to mount it at different heights, you need to buy a longer downrod, like the most commonly used 6-inch one.
- Well-designed metallic blades with a traditional style and fresh white finish for a great look
- High airflow capacity of 7205CFM
- Has a 4-speed functionality and a powerful Direct Drive reversible motor
- Designed for use in indoor and outdoor spaces measuring over 400 square feet
- Only 3-inch and 2-inch downrod included
9. Craftmade Outdoor Ceiling Fan with CFL Light PAR52ESP4
- LIGHTING: This marine outdoor ceiling fan with an non-dimmable integrated light kit includes one fluorescent 13 watt bulb that exudes a warm white down light.
- MATERIAL: This bronze ceiling fan was designed with premium materials starting from the metal body to the hyalophane glass light cover at the bottom of the fan. The ABS all weather blades are made to withstand the challenges of outdoor weather. For additional style the housing and light shade were finished with a hammered texture surface.
- CONTROL: This espresso ceiling fan for outdoors is controlled by a heavy duty 3 speed reversible AC motor providing exceptional air. The all weather blades are controlled by the 3 speed pull chain with an additional pull chain for lighting.
- DIMENSIONS: Hanging 21.24" from the ceiling to be bottom of the fan and 14.06" from the ceiling to the blades with the included 6" downrod this 52 inch ceiling fan carries a weight of 21.89 pounds and has a canopy base diameter of 5.15". This fan has a blade sweep diameter of 52" and a blade pitch of 12".
- SPECIFICATIONS: Providing the options of being installed on a flat or vaulted ceiling this dual mount ceiling fan can be installed on an angle no greater than 21 degrees. This wet rated ceiling fan is built with a heavy duty 3 speed reversible motor measuring at 172x17 mm and produces 5,409 CFM. UL certified.
The Craftsmade Outdoor ceiling fan is rugged and sturdy enough to withstand all-wet weather conditions in outdoor settings. It comes with a powerful integrated 13W fluorescent light kit. The kit provides a warm white light that can be used to light large outdoor spaces where their fan is suitable for use.
Moreover, the use of metal and bronze with a hammered texture finish on most parts of the fan enhances its durability and ability to perform under wet conditions. The light kit has a perfect cover that consists of a holophane glass and metallic parts.
The performance of this fan is what anyone would expect from a 52-inch and 4-blade outdoor ceiling fan. It has an airflow capacity of 5409CF which makes it a standard outdoor fan for medium to large-sized spaces like verandas.
Despite its performance and durability, the fan has one major drawback, the illumination of its light kit cannot be adjusted.
- Withstands wet weather conditions and is highly durable because of bronze, metal, and holophane glass light cover
- The integrated light kit is bright enough for outdoor and indoor spaces
- Dual mounting capability (up to 21 degrees on slanted ceilings)
- The integrated fluorescent light kit is not dimmable.
10. Monte Carlo 5HVO44RZW Haven Outdoor Ceiling Fan
- HAVEN OUTDOOR CEILING FAN DIMENSIONS: Diameter: 44"; Height: 14.6" (From Ceiling to Bottom of Fan Housing, Includes 4.5" Downrod); Weight 14.3lbs.
- FAN BLADES: 5 Outdoor Approved Matte White Blades (44" Span / 12° Blade Pitch); CFM: 2900
- FAN CONTROL: Includes 3-Speed Pull Chain on Reversible Motor
- INSTALLATION: Installable on Flat Ceiling with Included Hardware and on sloped ceilings up to 30° with Vaulted Canopy Included; CUL Approved for WET Locations
- DETAILS: Matte White Finish; Premium Power Triple Capacitor 153 x 15 mm Torque-Induction Motor for Quiet Operation
The Monte Carlo 5HVO44RZW has several accessories and features to optimize the installation procedure, overall control, and performance. The inclusion of an adapter makes it possible to mount this fan on slanted ceilings of up to 30 degrees.
The pull chain either switches the fan on and off or controls the speed (low, medium, and high). Because of the reversible motor, the Monte Carlo 5HVO44RZW ceiling fan can be used all-year-round during summer and winter.
The major disadvantage of this fan is that it is not ideal for large spaces that measure more than 400 square feet. Such spaces like verandas require ceiling fans with an average of 5000CFM for effective movement of air.
With a CFM of 4025 and a cutting width of 44 inches, the Monte Carlo 5HVO44RZW can be effective in small spaces that measure between 300 and 400 square feet.
- Easy installation procedure with three different mounting capabilities
- Convenient control using a pull chain and three-speed alternatives
- Produces minimal noise during operation
- Low airflow capacity (44-inch blades and 4025 CFM)
- Light kit not included