10 Best Whole House Fans Reviews
1. QuietCool QC CL-1500 Original Classic Fan Model
QuietCool QC CL-1500 has been described as one of the best Whole House fans to reduce the amount you pay on the heating bill significantly. This fan can keep your attic cool, and the benefits will be felt in the entire household. It is an advanced ventilation cooling system that makes use of less energy than a traditional air conditioner.
This fan comes from the line of QuietCool Advanced Whole House Fans that was the first line of QuietCool that was introduced in 2003.
It features QuietCool patented, a self-contained duct system that hangs in the attic to help neutralize the sound and noise vibration heard in the home. This unique technology allows you to use this fan in your home without even knowing it is there as a result of its quiet operation.
Installation of QuietCool QC CL-1500 Original Classic is relatively easy. You can do it without professional help. It takes about 2 to 3 hours to do so. You can also install this fan vertically. However, you will need to purchase a vertical adapter which is sold separately.
Overall, QuietCool QC CL-1500 Original Classic Fan is a great attic fan to keep your entire home cool and comfortable.
- Quality breeze
- Very easy to install
- Powerful motors
- Neutralizes noise vibrations
- Quiet operation
2. Tamarack Insulated Whole House Fan
- QUALITY AIRFLOW – The Tamarack Whole House Fan circulates up to 1000 cubic feet of air per minute, cools your home, and saves up to 80% energy cost on cooling and heating. Easy installation and self-sealing doors make this fan the perfect energy-efficient addition to your home.
- INSULATED DOORS – The unit includes R38 insulated self-sealing doors that open automatically when the fan is operating and seal shut automatically when the fan is off. It prevents cool air from escaping your living area and preserves heat during the cooler months.
- QUICK INSTALLATION – Detailed instructions and innovative design make this fan user-friendly and easy to to install. It can be installed vertically (inside attic wall) or horizontally (inside attic floor) on 16 or 24 inch on center joists.
- SAVES MONEY & ENERGY – The fan operates at one speed to exhaust hot air, indoor air pollutants, allergens, moisture, and odors out through attic vents. The fan also pulls cool, fresh air into the home through the open windows for balanced airflow throughout the year.
- INCLUDES – Backed by a 3-year warranty, this kit includes an interior horizontal grille, a 6 ft power cord, and an electrical box cover. Made in the USA, this whole house fan is built to last. Plus, this item is BPI Listed by the Better Performance Institute.
Tamarack Insulated Whole House Fan is a great idea if you are looking for a whole house fan to reduce energy costs up to 80%. Listed in the California Energy Commission Modernized Appliance Efficiency Database, Tamarack Insulated Whole House Fan is one of the best whole house fans in the market today.
Almost everything about this fan set it apart from other Whole House fans in the market. The design is unique and the installation is relatively easy. The unique design allows you to install it horizontally or vertically without purchasing additional features.
Additionally, this fan can be mounted with the center joists of 16-inches or 24 inches. It boasts of a very powerful motor which gives it superior performance.
Perhaps, one of the best things about this fan is its energy-saving functionality. It is trusted by the government certification board in California and can significantly reduce what you pay on the electricity bill. It is also one of the few Whole House fans you can operate with remote control.
Overall, Tamarack Insulated Whole House Fan has features that made it a leader in the Whole House fans industry. No doubt, this fan deserves a place in your attic.
- Unique design
- Quickly circulates air
- Listed in the California Energy Commission Modernized Appliance Efficiency Database
3. Air Vent Inc. 24″ Whole House Fan 54301
- This product adds a great value
- Product is highly durable and very easy to use
- This product is manufactured in China
You should consider a Whole House fan such as Air Vent Inc. 24″ Whole House Fan 54301 if you suffer allergies that are caused by the stale non-ventilated trapped air in your home. Air Vent Inc. 24 fans provide the desired ventilation you need in your home. The best part is that it is one of the few high-quality Whole House fans you can buy without burning a lot of holes in your pocket.
Air Vent Inc. 24″ Whole House Fan 54301 consumes much less energy than an average air conditioner during operation. This quality makes it very desirable among consumers who want to save energy while keeping their homes well-ventilated.
Ideally, Air Vent Inc. 24″ Whole House Fan 54301 is recommended for ventilation of a space of about 1500 square feet. This fan boasts an airflow capacity of 4500 cubic feet per minute.
You can also operate it at high and low speed. It is a very durable fan. The manufacturer backed up its claim of durability with a 10-year limited warranty on its parts.
Overall, this is a budget fan that performs above expectations. You will definitely love this fan if you are looking for an affordable Whole House Fan to make your home more ventilated.
- Easy to use
- Very durable
- Less energy use
- Automatic shutter
- Has to be mounted from inside
4. QA-Deluxe 4800(R2T) Whole House Fan
- The Quiet Cool Energy Saver Classic Line features our patented, self‐contained duct system that hangs in the attic to help neutralize the sound and noise vibration heard in the home
- The included damper system features barometric pressurized gravity dampers that insure there will be not heat/cooling loss between the home and attic.
- All Quiet Cool energy saver classic line fans include our ultra-high efficiency electronically commutated ac/dc brushless motors
- 4504 cfm
- Covers up to 2250 square feet.HVI-916 Airflow (CA Title 24):3080 CFM
If you want to ventilate a 2-story home, you certainly need a heavy-duty fan that will give you exactly what you need without investing in an additional fan.
Fortunately, the QA-Deluxe 4800(R2T) is perfect for ventilating 2-story homes up to 3400 sq. ft. and single-story homes up to 2400 sq. ft. No doubt, QA-Deluxe 4800(R2T) is designed for large spaces. They can also be used in warehouses and other large areas.
They come with acoustical ducting for quieter operation and also boasts of a gravity damper that keeps air from entering the home when the system is not in use.
To install this fan, you do not require any framing. It can fit between 16″ & 24″ on-center joists. Thus, the installation is relatively easy. QA-Deluxe 4800(R2T) is made in the United States and offers a 10-year fan motor warranty.
Overall, this is a great fan for large spaces. This heavy-duty whole house fan will keep your space well-ventilated.
- Made in the USA
- Acoustical ducting for quieter operation
- Easy installation
- 10-year fan motor warranty
5. Cool Attic CX24BD2SPD Belt Drive 2-Speed Whole House Attic Fan
- WHOLE HOUSE FAN: The cool attic 24 in. belt drive 2-speed whole house fan is designed for houses with 1, 800 sq. ft. attics. It offers an efficient way to reduce cooling costs, while keeping your whole house more comfortable. It features a powder coated finish for weather resistance.
- ATTIC FAN: It works by pulling fresh air in from the outside and expelling the warm air up into the attic and pushing it out through your attic exhaust vents. Save on energy costs, remove stale, unhealthy air, and improve your home's atmosphere. What's not to love?
- MADE IN AMERICA: No cut corners, no cheap parts, no worry installation. Made in the heartland of Texas, we've been assembling fans since 1948 with legendary customer service. Don't save a dollar and gain a headache, go with quality you can trust. Ventilates up to 1800 sq ft on 1 story
- QUIET ENGINEERING: Re-engineered bracing system creates a more stable motor mount, is stronger than tube-style bracing, and virtually eliminates vibration. No more helicopter in your hallway, these units are quieter with less vibration than the units of yesteryear. Easy to install with an immediate return on investment.
- POWERFUL WHOLE HOUSE FAN : The most important part of the whole fan system is the motor, and we don't dissapoint. Our powerful motors will cycle the air in your home in no time, leaving you refreshed and cool.
Cool Attic CX24BD2SPD is a belt fan that is deemed more efficient than ducted fans and has fewer potential maintenance and repair issues. This fan is designed for houses with 1,800 sq. ft. Attic.
It boasts of a powder-coated finish for weather resistance. Cool Attic CX24BD2SPD is also perfect if you are looking to install fans in hard-to-reach attic spaces, thanks to its durability.
Cool Attic CX24BD2SPD works by pulling fresh air from the outside and expelling the warm air up into the attic and pushing it out through your attic exhaust vents. As a belt drive Whole House fan, it is more durable and has fewer repair issues compared to other types of Whole House Fans.
When compared to other belt-drive Whole House Fans, Cool Attic CX24BD2SPD has a quieter operation. It is very easy to install and can keep a large space well-ventilated. This fan is made in the United States which means you can trust the quality.
Overall, Cool Attic CX24BD2SPD is one of the best high-end belt-drive Whole House fans available in the market today. If you are looking for something that will last, we suggest you consider this fan.
- Very quiet operation
- Remove stale and unhealthy air
- Uses less energy
- Made in the United States
- The repair cost can be pricey
6. TPI BD302WHS Belt Drive Whole House Fan
- Durable Exhaust Fan: self-closing shutters of whole house fan ensures durability. Lubricated blades provide resistance from corrosion and abrasion. Heavy duty blades of the ventilation fans do not corrode during snow or rainy season
- Wholehouse Fan Mechanism: room ventilation fan comes with self-operating shutters. Shutters automatically open when fan is turned on and close tightly when fan is turned off. 1/3 HP and 2-Speed Motor provides great speed for perfect ventilation of interiors
- Portable Exhaust Fan: heavy duty house cooling fan showcases only 50 pounds of weight. Convenient to carry from one place to the other with ease. 120 v of exhaust fan offers perfect speed to the fan for ventilating the interiors with ease. 34 Length X 35.5 Width X 14.5 Depth IN fixes to compact as well as larger interiors with ease
- Utility: TPI belt drive wholehouse fan is perfect to move large amount of air from home. The house fan ventilates the interiors by pushing cold air inside. Useful in removing odors from chemical industries and factories, the exhaust fan is perfect for cooling down home during hot months
- Cleaning and Maintenance: TPI fan is easy to clean. Wipe off tough dust using mild detergent and a scrubbing brush to remove grease and dust. Avoid using harsh chemicals
TPI belt-drive Whole House fan is a perfect attic fan to move large amounts of air from outside into your home. It is one of the heavy-duty fans you can use to cool large spaces while saving money on electricity bills.
This fan operates with self-operating shutters that automatically opens when the fan is turned on and close tightly when it is turned off.
When compared to other fans in the same price range, the TPI BD302WHS delivers a more superior and reliable operation. This is made possible by powerful belts and blades with excellent lubrication to offer resistance from damages, abrasions, and corrosion. Thus, it is durable. You can use it for a really long time without worrying about repairs.
It is a heavy-duty fan that weighs about 50 pounds. You can still easily move it from one place to another. When it comes to speed, you can use up to 120 volts on this fan to ventilate your space more efficiently.
Overall, TPI BD302WHS is very useful for eliminating odors and quicker cooling during the hot season. It is very easy to clean and maintain. If you decide to buy this fan, it will be a worthy investment.
- Automatic shutters
- Durable and safe
- High motor speed
- Heavy-duty bladed
7. Solar Attic Fan By Natural Light
- New powerful 48-Watt model - Moves up to 1881 cubic feet per minute under full direct sun for up to 2825 square feet of attic space.
- Industry Leading 25-year limited warranty on entire unit.
- Highest quality materials in any Solar Attic Fan on the market. Made in USA.
- Optional snap-on thermostat for use in colder climates (sold separately).
Solar Attic fan by Natural Light is one of the solar attic fans in the market at the moment. A lot of contractors love this fan. This fan is a solid build, the material used is high grade, and it works as advertised.
When in operation, this fan works quietly. Moreover, it draws power from the sun, meaning that you don’t have to worry about adding appliances to increase your electricity bill.
Besides, it is very easy to install (about 45 minutes) even if this is your first time installing an attic fan. Many users said they noticed an instant increase of airflow in their attic as well as a subsequent drop on their electricity bill after installing this fan.
Solar Attic fan is made by Natural Light, a company based in Florida, United States, and known for its unique designs. The fan comes with adjustable mounting brackets that allow the 36-watt solar panel to fit any latitude for optimal energy yield production. You will also have everything you need to install the fan. No additional investment in tools will be required.
Overall, this is a high-quality fan that is very eco-friendly. If you are looking to reduce heat in your attic in an eco-friendly way, this is the fan for you.
- Quiet operation
- Works great
- 25-year limited warranty
- Comes with excellent installation instructions
- Made in the United States
- Consistent bad weather days can affect the operation
8. Centric Air 2.7A Whole House Fan
- TIRED OF SKY HIGH ELECTRIC BILLS DURING THE SUMMER? - Install a CentricAir Whole House Ventilation fan and cut your air conditioning bill by 50-90%. If you live in an area with hot days and cool nights, stop throwing money away on air conditioning and save money by drawing in the cool night air to your home.
- Very Quiet and Maintenance Free - 15 Year Warranty
- Insulated Cold Weather Damper & 2-Speed HI/LOW Remote Control with Timer Included
- Energy Efficient - Reduce Home A/C Costs
- No Framing - Easy Installation Fits between 16" and 24" On-Center Joists
Centric Air 2.7A Whole House Fan is a good investment for your attic if you need a remote-controlled attic Whole House Fan that fits between 16 and 24 on-center joists.
This fan quickly made its name when it appeared on the market in 2013.
Most users love Centric Air 2.7A Whole House Fan for its quiet operation. According to the manufacturer, this fan is maintenance-free. The installations are very straightforward, and it comes with the tools you need to start and finish the installation.
Centric Air 2.7A Whole House Fan is also one of the very few fans which you can turn “on” or “off” with remote control from the comfort of your bed or couch. The build quality of this fan is great. Most of the parts were made in Germany. The durable quality means you won’t have to buy a new attic fan anytime soon.
Overall, Centric Air 2.7A Whole House Fan does an excellent job of displacing the heat in the whole house with fresh cool air from outside. It is a great investment for people looking for a cooler and more comfortable temperature in their homes.
- Very quiet operation
- No Framing
- Easy installation
- 15-year warranty
- A bit pricey
9. Ventamatic Whole House Fan
Ventamatic Whole House Fan is a belt-drive fan that allows you to efficiently trim cooling costs in your entire home. It is a 2-speed fan which makes it possible to cool down your home at night while sleeping. It has a 1/3hp motor which is known to last much longer than fans with a 1/4hp motor.
This fan is designed for houses with 1,200 to 1,800 sq. ft. It keeps your home cool and comfortable by pulling fresh air in from the outside while at the same time expelling the warm air up into the attic, and pushing it out through the attic exhaust vents.
Ventamatic Whole House Fan has been re-engineered to virtually eliminate vibration with bracing technology. Thus, you can count on this fan for better stability than a lot of other belt-drive fans in the market today. You will get a 10-year limited warranty when you invest in this fan.
Overall, Ventamatic is a brand known for lots of high-quality attic fans. With the price of this attic fan, it is almost a steal.
- Works great
- Easy installation
- 2-speed model
- A bit loud
10. Air King 9166F 20″ Whole House Fan
- 3-speed, 1/6 HP, 120V, 1 phase, permanently lubricated
- Front mounted rotary switch and RPM (High/Med/Low) is 1600 / 1450 / 1100. Compliance: ETL, OSHA.
- Front Mounted Switch, Impact Resistant Plastic Housing, Powder Coated Steel Front Grill and Blade
- OSHA approved. dB - (High/Med/Low) 64 / 57 / 50
- Fits window openings that are between 27" to 38” wide by 26.25" high.Cube (feet):5.42
Air King Fan is the perfect option if you are looking for a Whole House fan you can use for both small and large rooms. It comes with a high-quality motor as well as a sleeve-bearing split capacitor. It is a 3-speed settings fan and one of the best in this category. The engine of this fan delivers 1/25 horsepower.
The 3-speed settings allow you to choose the perfect air circulation quality. It is a window fan. But unlike most other similar fans, Air King 9166F 20″ Whole House can easily fit in window openings between 27 and 38 inches and vertically/horizontally slides open.
One other feature in this fan is the “Storm Guard”. With this feature, you can easily close the window behind the fan for the security of your home or when you have bad weather.
Overall, this is a high-end Whole House window fan. It comes with impact-resistant functionality to enhance durability and longevity. This is a great investment if you want a new Whole House Fan for your home.
- Very low energy consumption
- Cool air circulation
- 3-speed levels
- Impact-resistant plastic case
- A bit difficult to install