Best Window Exhaust Fan 2021
1. Air King 9155 Window Fan, 16-Inch
This fan is a perfect choice for any homeowner and is versatile enough to work for rooms of any size. The power cord is a convenient 7-feet in length making plugging the fan in a breeze. It also has a 3-conductor design and is a SJT type of power cord.
Included with your order is the assembled fan and cord, durable storm guard sliding panels, set up and operation instructions, and the necessary mounting hardware. With three speeds to choose from you can keep your home at the perfect temperature with ease.
This window exhaust fan has been tested and is ETL and OSHA compliant and it is also tested in accordance with AMCA standard 230.99. It fits most windows and can be used to pull cooler air into the room or to draw out warmer air from the room.
- Metal Front Grill for added stability
- ABS plastic blades for reliable performance
- Storm guard panels included
- Little on the expensive side
- Long cord is cumbersome for some
- Some have difficulty with assembly
2. AC Infinity AIRTITAN T8
Window Size: 18 x 9 x 1.6 in
Room Size: up to 500 sq. ft.
This is a high-airflow exhaust fan that has been specially designed to regulate temperature and humidity levels in the home. The compact and versatile design of this window unit allows it to be used in crawlspaces and attics, in minimal access basements, work spaces and garages, and any other room of your home.
This system works by reducing levels of humidity in order to prevent mold growth and also works to cool the room at the same time. It also helps pull out polluted air, thus keeping your family safe.
Included with your purchase, is the assemble unit, a durable wall adapter cord, and assembly hardware. Dimensions for this unit are 18 x 9 x 1.6 in. It is rated highly for air flow and noise levels making it a perfect addition for any room or space in the home.
- Durable design that can handle any room or environment
- Easy to assemble and install for fast set up
- Multiple speeds and settings for custom air quality control
- Not as streamlines or elegant as some units out there
- Some issues with the power cord reported
- Can be noisy when used in interior rooms of the home
3. Holmes Window Fan with Twin 6-Inch Reversible Airflow Blades
Window Size: up to 22.7 x 11.7 x 5.3
Room Size: rooms up to 500 sq. ft.
This Holmes Dual Blade Twin Window Fan is a great unit to use when the weather turns hot. This exhaust fan works by drawing in cooler air from outside or by exhausting the hot and stale air from inside. The unit can be installed either facing in or pout depending on if you want to use it as a fan or exhaust.
The fan is designed to fit virtually all slider and double hung windows. It is quite and easy to use, making it a good choice for rooms with children or older individuals who may be bothers by noisier fans. It can cool larger rooms easily making it perfect for living rooms, dining rooms, and larger work areas.
This exhaust fan is versatile and easy to use and is a good option for homeowners who want to cool down a single room or area of their home without having to run the AC and cool the entire house.
- Dual-blade operation offer powerful cooling
- Water-resistant motors can be used in rainy weather
- Designed to fit most double-hung and slider windows
- Adjustable extender panel and screen can be a bit loose
- Oscillation of the fan heads is not available on all models
- Some reports of unit not attaching securely have been reported
4. Comfort Zone 3-Speed 3-Function Fan
Window Size: from 23-1/2″ to 37″
Room Size: from 250-500 sq. ft.
For more than a decade, Comfort Zone has been a well-known and respected brand, recognized for home appliances that are functional as well as environmentally minded. Comfort Zone exhaust fans offer homeowners everywhere safe and reliable performance with unsurpassed value and the latest in innovations of efficiency.
You can quickly and easily change from cooling fan to exhaust fan depending on your immediate needs and the weather outside. Adjustable side panels expand from 23-1/2″ to 37″ to accommodate most window sizes and can then be locked into place for a secure fit.
It is easy to keep your home cool and comfortable as well as bug free with the durable screen covering that is built in to cover the fan blades. And the convenient remote control allows for easy adjustments, even from the far side of the room. This is an exhaust fan that will meet all of your cooling needs this summer.
- Three different speeds for customized control of cooling power
- Cooling or exhaust features are available on all models
- Easily adjusted for a wide range of window sizes
- A little pricey for some homeowners
- Some issues with the remote controller reported
- Fan blades can rattle a bit if not securely installed in the window
5. Green Leaf Home Twin Window Fan 3 Speed Dial
Window Size: up to 26.5 x 8.25 x 22 Inches
Room Size: 500 sq. ft.
This durable and well-designed exhaust and cooling fan offers double fan blades that are designed to draws in even more fresh, cool air or expel even more hot stale air, keeping your home the perfect temperature inside. This fan is unlike others though because each fan can be set independently of each other.
This means you can have one fan set to blow cool air into your home and the other set to exhaust to help pull hotter air out of your home at the same time. Setting can also be adjusted as far as speed to control air flow as well as noise levels as needed for customized cooling power and operation.
This exhaust window fan is 24 x 4.5 x 12.65 inches in size and the accordion side panels can be set to ensure a firm fit in most standard windows.
- Easy set up with no assembly required out of the box
- Works well for small to medium room sizes in most homes
- Versatile settings include three speeds and cool or exhaust settings
- Not always as efficient with larger room in extremely hot weather
- Accordion expanders for window fitting are a little unstable at times
- Unit can rattle and be overly noisy if not firmly set in the window
6. Bionaire Window Fan with Twin Airflow Blades
Window Size: 24-37 inches by 11 inches
Room Size: up to 500 sq. ft.
You can control this window exhaust fan either manually or automatically using the control panel on the unit or the handy remote control. This unit also has a programmable thermostat that will shut off automatically or that can be programmed for timed operations.
The Bionare window fan is designed to fit standard windows as well as double-hung, vertical-slider, and casement windows. It has been specially designed to be energy efficient and can help educe energy waste and reduced homeowner reliance on heating and cooling systems.
It is also an affordable unit that is designed to be easy to use and set up while also offering powerful cooling and exhaust features. This unit is a wonderful choice for homeowners who need a little extra cooling help during the summer season.
- Electronic control panel features LCD screen and also has a remote control
- Energy efficient design helps reduce energy consumption and waste
- Multiple fan settings and speeds allow for a customized cooling experience
- Remote does not always work at longer ranges from the unit
- Can be cumbersome to set up in nonstandard windows
- Can be a little noisy compared to other exhaust fans
7. BOVADO USA Twin Window Cooling Fan with Remote Control
Window Size: 23.5 inches to 37 inches
Room Size: 200-500 sq. ft.
This exhaust fan is designed to be convenient and easy to use with remote control capabilities to adjust fan speeds as well as the ability to switch from fan to exhaust with the touch of a button. The unit also features a durable screen covering to keep bugs out while still allowing all the cold air in and the hot air out.
Unlike many window units out there, this one is designed to fit in double hung windows, gliding windows, and even sliding windows. The durable 9 inch fan blades of this unit will be sure to keep your home, bedroom, kitchen, dorm room, work space, garage or office cool and comfortable, even on the hottest of days.
If you are looking for a convenient and affordable way to cool your home without running the AC all summer long then the BovAdo USA window exhaust fan is the way to go.
- Fits windows snugly and securely with accordion side panels
- Simple design is easy to install and operate in most home windows
- Remote control and bug screens help keep you comfortable
- Some issues with locking extender panels reported
- Remote does not always work the best
- Fan blades can become loose with prolonged use
8. Comfort Zone Twin Window Fan with Reversible Airflow
Window Size: between 22-1/4″ and 33″
Room Size: up to 300 sq. ft.
With this unit in your home you can create a gentle airflow or a brisk breeze depending on how hot or humid it is in your home. It is easy to switch between cooling fan to bring in cooler air from outside or exhaust fan to push out stale or humid air from within the home.
The removable fabric cover that comes with the Comfort Zone Fan is designed to keep bug sand dirt out of your home and can also help slow the flow of hot humid air when the fan is not in use.
With the option to add sturdy feet to the unit, you can use the Comfort Zone Exhaust Fan on a tabletop and the carrying handle allows you to easy move it anywhere in your home as you need to.
- The included expander panel expands to ensure a secure fit
- Good for low and high cooling needs within the home
- Can be used in windows but also can be adapted for table top use
- Minimal speed and power control with only two settings
- Some reported the exhaust setting did not work as well as the cooling setting
- Unit can be noisy if not firmly secured in the window or when used on a table
9. HowPlumb Dual Blade Twin Window Fan
Window Size: 32 1/2″ – 43″ L x4”
Room Size: 500 sq. ft.
This window fan is designed to help you stay comfortable in the summer and is made to fight the summer heat with a 9-inch dual motor twin fan design. Ideal for bedrooms as cooling or exhaust settings are versatile for daytime or nighttime uses.
The unit measures 22 1/2″ – 33″ L x 4″ W with the extender side panels x 10 3/4″ H. It can be securely set up in most custom windows of older and newer homes. This HowPlumb window exhaust and cooling fan is a good choice for homeowners looking for an energy efficient way to cool their home.
- Quiet operation with two different speed settings to choose from
- Auto-locking accordion expanders make the unit a good fit for most windows
- Manually reversible fans can be set for cooling settings or exhaust settings
- Expanding side panels can be difficult to adjust initially during set up
- Dial control is not as versatile as other exhaust fans that are out there
- Not as efficient in larger rooms during extreme heat waves
10. Nature’s Cooling Solutions Eco Breeze Smart Window Fan
Window Size: up to 22.7 x 11.7 x 5.3
Room Size: 250-500 sq. ft.
Eco Breeze has been designed to quickly and easily transform your regular window into a cooling window that has the latest in smart tech. This fan will automatically bring air inside when it’s cooler and less humid outside. The secret is the advance technology sensors and the custom thermostat that can be set to your individual specifications.
This window fan is made with intelligent controls so you can create the perfect indoor environment for you and your family, both day and night. Improving your home’s indoor air quality is super easy and efficient with the added ventilation you get from Eco Breeze’s exhaust fan.
- Smart tech used in the fan ensures proper cooling without wasting energy
- It is designed for easy setup will fit standard windows of most homes
- Intuitive design blends cooling and exhaust fans with modern energy efficiency
- Bit on the pricey side for some homeowners
- Can be intimidating for some who are looking for a basic window fan
- Some reports of control settings not working properly