If you’re a smoker, you wouldn’t want the smoke filling up your commercial or residential place all the time, would you?
Most people struggle with trying to find a solution on how to get rid of the smoke. This isn’t usually an easy process, but with the help of the best portable smoke eaters, you can do it efficiently.
Smoke eaters are devices that help us get rid of smoke and odor from a room. It’s one of the best options to consider if you want to eliminate smoke from a room or your house.
When searching for an ideal smoke eater, it’s essential to consider a portable and user-friendly one. This is why this post will review some of the best portable smoke eaters in the industry to help you as a consumer make the right purchase.
How Do Smoke Eaters Work?
Here is a brief overview of how smoke eaters work:
- A smoke eater draws hazardous particles into it.
- It electrostatically charges particles through an ionizer.
- Charged particles are seized by the collection cell.
- The pre-filter is used to capture large airborne particles as they enter the smoke eater.
- There’s an activated carbon after filter that assists in controlling odors.
- Once all the above is done, the smoke eater circulates the clean, fresh air back to space/room.
- The indicator light only illuminates if the unit is working properly, and turns off when your smoke eater needs to be serviced.
- You can control the noise levels through multi-speed controls, which allow for blower speed adjustments during peak or off-peak hours if you’re using the smoke eater in a commercial space.
- Some smoke eaters use a unicell, ionizer, or collection cell which is assembled in one unit.
Do Smoke Eaters Really Work?
Absolutely! Smoke eaters work perfectly since they are specifically designed to purify the air and remove odor, smoke, dust, and other airborne particles. The benefit of smoke eaters is that they come in different sizes, prices, and designs.
This means that you have the option of buying one that will fully meet your needs. If you want a smoke eater to use in a commercial space, then you need to look for the ones designed for such an environment. Likewise, there are also smoke eaters designed to use in homes.
The size of your house or commercial space also contributes to your decision in choosing a smoke eater. Choose a large smoke eater for large rooms and a small one for smaller rooms.
How to Choose the Best Smoke Eater
Smoke eaters are essential for both homes and commercial spaces. But, how exactly do you choose the best portable smoke eaters? Here are crucial things to consider.
Size of a Smoke Eater
Commercial smoke eaters tend to be more powerful than residential smoke eaters. Obviously, the larger your commercial or home space is, the more effective your unit should be. That means if you have a large room or commercial space where you would want to install the smoke eater, you need to consider the size of the device.
One of the things that can help you determine this is measuring the size of the room/space and where you plan on installing the smoke eater. Once you have clear information about all that, you should go ahead and buy a smoke eater large and capable enough to effectively serve you.
Type of Smoke Eater
If you want to choose a good smoke eater, you first need to understand the various types available on the market. However, you first need to know the size of a smoke eater that you need before researching the types.
There are two major types of smoke eaters, and they include:
- Media Smoke Eaters – Media smoke eaters use filters that require regular replacement. What makes them beneficial is the fact that they are easy to maintain and use, but you’ll regularly need to replace them which translates to more costs.
- Electrostatic Smoke Eaters – The electrostatic smoke eaters feature electronic cells and not filters. They regularly need to be cleaned but they don’t require constant replacement. They can also easily trap small microns and particles, and they are also less noisy than media smoke eaters.
Choosing the best smoke eater will depend on your personal preferences such as size and the model that you deem fit or suitable to serve in your commercial or residential space.
Other Ways To Get Rid of Smoke Out of Your House Fast
- Discard any smoke-related items in your house such as ashtrays, lighters, packets, and cigarette butts.
- Open all the windows in your house to allow fresh air in before you start cleaning.
- Use ventilators to boost airflow in your house and allow for proper circulation. This will help speed up the removal of smoke in the house.
- Thoroughly clean all the hard surfaces in your house. You can use hot or warm water and vinegar, a spray bottle, and a rage to wipe all the hard surfaces.
- Use other reliable cleaning products to clean the ceilings and walls of your house. These products may include mixing ammonia, baking soda, white vinegar, and hot water.
- Clean your carpets and the surfaces covered in fabrics. For this, you can use baking soda as it neutralizes the odor molecules.
- Use a washing machine to clean the fabrics.
- Replace the air filters and also clean all the air ducts.
- Use an air purifier or ozone generator to remove bad odor and smoke.
How Long Does the Smell of Smoke Last on Clothes?
Smoke is quite tough to get rid of, but it doesn’t mean that it’s impossible to do it. The smell of smoke on clothes can last for 24 hours or even days. It all depends on your efforts to get rid of it.
The best option is to clean your clothes with strong but safe detergents and leave them outside for 24 hours. If your house still has the smell of smoke, try to thoroughly clean it to eliminate it, to prevent your clothes from getting the smell back.
How to Clean a Smoke Eater
- Spray bottle
Here are the steps to take:
- First, you need to check the manual of your smoke eater to understand how to remove its cells.
- Once you’ve read and understood the manual, now go ahead and remove the smoke eater’s cells. Most smoke eaters’ cells are made of aluminum and resemble filters. Use the screwdriver to remove the cells.
- Take the detergent and mix it with water in a spray bottle. Make sure you use an aluminum-safe detergent.
- Thoroughly spray the mixed solution on the cells.
- Use a garden hose to rinse the cells and allow them to dry for at least 1 hour before you return them to your smoke eater.
Pro Tip: Always clean your cells every 2 to 4 weeks for the best performance.
5 Best Portable Smoke Eaters
1. Hathaspace Smar True HEPA Air Purifier for Home
The Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier tops our list of the best portable smoke eaters due to its many positive reviews, features, and unique design.
This smoke eater helps you purify your home or room and get rid of pollutants like dust, pet dander, smoke, odors, and hairs, etc. The 5-in-1 smoke eater is designed to capture some of the particles that you can’t see and filter approximately 99.97% of the pollutants which are as small as 0.3 microns.
One of the notable benefits that it provides is that it helps you breathe easier since it properly cleans the air in your room. It removes odors, smoke, and VOCs with its honeycomb-activated carbon filter, which is a great absorbent. It also protects your lungs from indoor air pollutants and provides you with purified air to breathe.
The Hathaspace Smar True HEPA Air Purifier efficiently captures allergens due to its cold catalyst filter and the pre-filter, which are properly designed to replace your air hourly.
There’s also an ionizer (Ozone safe) that releases negative ions which charge air particles and odors electrically, thereby neutralizing them and trap them easily. This smoke eater also offers you the flexibility of operating from wherever you are, as it comes with a remote control that makes your work easier.
- 5-in-1 large room air cleaner
- Filters about 99.97% of allergens, dust, smoke, pollen, odors, and pet hair.
- Suitable for homes
- 2-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Easy to set
- Super quiet
- Auto mode feature
- Not ideal for pets, dust, and smell.
- The sensor is sometimes unreliable.
2. Aviano AV890 7-in-1 Smart Home Air Purifier
If you’re looking for a portable smoke eater suitable for large rooms, the Aviano AV890 7-in-1 Smart Home Air Purifier is a good option to consider.
This 7-in-1 smart home air purifier comes with two sets of True HEPA filters specifically meant for large rooms and can eliminate 99.97% of all airborne particles like dust, bacteria, smoke, allergens, pet hair, and dander, etc.
It features an auto mode sensor that displays the quality of air in real-time and adjusts the fan speed to clean the room’s hair. It also has a timer that allows you to set how long you want to purify the room. The 3 adjustable fan speeds included are quiet to help you sleep soundly, and there’s also sterilizing UV air sanitizer and ionizer that helps to purify the air.
Included also in the Aviano AV890 7-in-1 Smart Home Air Purifier are two sets of durable filters that are replaceable, as well as a washable aluminum pre-filter that helps to trap large particles like hair and dust.
It also features a dual-sided filter that cleanses the air and eliminates other airborne particles. Other notable features of this smoke eater include its stylish and sleek design, lightweight, easy to install and setup, and efficiency. The ergonomic also design enables it to provide optimal airflow.
- Suitable for large rooms
- Auto speed feature
- Super low sound air purifier
- Adjustable timer and fan speeds
- Pre-filter is easy to wash
- Not durable enough
- Difficult to unlatch the buckles holding the filter
- Doesn’t properly get rid of cigarette smoke
3. WSTA Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter
Although the WSTA Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter has its fair share of drawdowns, one thing that makes this portable smoke eater suitable for home use is its flexibility, efficiency, and reliability.
This is one of the best portable smoke eaters that you can easily carry wherever you go without straining. It has a compact design and can easily fit into a small space.
The smoke eater features the True HEPA filter design suitable for home, office, bedroom, and kitchen use. You can also use it in a baby’s room since it eliminates about 99.97 percent of common allergy triggers such as smoke, pollen, dust, and other small airborne particles. It produces negative ions, which help to purify the air and improve your health.
When it comes to usage, all you have to do is plug and play. There’s also a one-touch blue LED light that helps it create the perfect atmosphere in your room, and it can also be used as a soft night light.
When it comes to high cleaning efficiency, you can fully rely on the WSTA Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter, since it features 3600 purification performance.
- Low noise
- Night light
- USB power
- High cleaning efficiency
- Excellent design
- Easy to install and use
- Auto timer
- May become ineffective after long use
- It makes annoying squeaks and whistles
- Requires constant checking after long use
4. Airthereal MA5000 Commercial Generator
The Airthereal MA5000 Commercial Generator offers 5000mg/h ozone output and deodorizes your space from odors, VOCs, and smoke. When you use this ozone generator twice a week, you’re able to keep an ethereal ambiance and treat the air properly.
Although it’s not as effective, when you use it at home, this smoke eater is suitable for use in a commercial space, office, kitchen, hospital, schools, and kindergartens.
You should only use it in unoccupied spaces, and it also comes with a timer function that you can set up to 120 minutes. There’s also a “HOLD” mode that is useful when you want to keep the Airthereal MA5000 Commercial Generator on and running. In terms of design, this smoke eater is portable and efficient. It has an insulating rubber handle that enables you to carry it anywhere you want.
It also provides ultra-low consumption and energy saving. The smoke eater only includes 50 watts that help you save on energy costs. Maintenance is also easy since it has a pre-filter that’s easy to wash and a replaceable ozone plate that saves you time on washing. You can also use it in vehicles, gyms, hotels, and smoking areas.
- Easy to use
- Removes tough odors
- Alleviates molds
- It absorbs the “new house” smell
- It saves energy
- Only provides an ozone scent for a short time
- Not effective enough after long use
- Not ideal for residential use
5. PARTU HEPA Air Purifier for Home Smoke
The PARTU HEPA Air Purifier for Home Smoke features an efficient 3-stage filtration system, which comprises a pre-filter, a HEPA filter, and an activated carbon filter.
The 3-stage filtration system is powerful enough to clear up smoke, odor, pollen, and pet dander. The system also has the capability of clearing up small particles of up to 0.3 microns, and air pollution of PM 2.5. The included night light has 7 colors to enhance the mood and purify your air during the night.
Ultra-silent 3-fan speeds have also been included in the PARTU HEPA Air Purifier for Home Smoke to filter noise level 25-48Db. The noise is simply qualified as static background noise and doesn’t disturb while working or sleeping.
You’re can select the 3 different fan speeds according to the air quality and space to help you save energy. There’s also an included powerful motor strongly built with new technology to reduce the risks of fire hazards that may result from overheating.
Additional anion and cation have also been included in the PARTU HEPA Air Purifier for Home Smoke, which significantly helps to prevent dust in the air from falling to the ground. There are also filter buttons that remind you to change them whenever they become obsolete, thanks to the filter warning feature included in this smoke eater.
- Efficient 3-stage filtration
- Ultra-silent 3-fan speed
- High-quality smoke eater
- Powerful motor
- Night light with 7 changeable colors
- Not durable enough
- Makes an odd sound on high setting
- Too small
You owe it to yourself to buy only the best portable smoke eaters. Therefore, when out searching for an ideal air purifier, adequate research is essential to ensure you get an effective product.
This review has mostly touched on the basic stuff and partly advanced tips. If you have useful information to share or add to this post, the comment section below is always open to receive your feedback and thoughts. There’s also the alternative of sending me an email, and I’ll be happy to respond to you.