1. US Stove Kettle Chicken Steamer
The US Stove Kettle Chicken Steamer is a wonderfully-designed and made wood stove steamer and humidifier. You will find the chicken-inspired design a great addition to the décor style of your home.
The steamer is made from high-quality cast iron for longevity and strength. It is completely resistant to rust; therefore, you will often not spend money replacing this steamer.
If you would like to perfume the air in your room in addition to humidifying it, then you can add potpourri to the water in your US Stove Kettle Chicken Steamer
Sadly, this steamer can hold only one quart of water. You will have to live with the trouble of continually refilling it if you have to humidify your home for a long time during those cold winter days.
- You can use potpourri together with this steamer to perfume your room
- Heavy-duty cast iron for durability
- It can act as a decorative piece because of the design
- The steamer can hold only one quart of water
2. Plow & Hearth 12130-BK Cast Iron Wood Stove Kettle Steamer
The Plow & Hearth 12130 is a heavy-duty woodstove steamer with a unique pine cone design that makes it a unique and highly functional piece.
The steamer can hold heat for a long time as well as withstand the temperature from your woodstove. Besides, it can serve as a good conversation starter because of its unique look.
If you would like to make the air’s aroma in your house pleasant and unique, you can add special ingredients in the water. The aromatic puffing steam from the steamer’s opening will create a comfortable feel and aroma in the entire house.
Sadly, you will have to bear with the inconvenience of having to refill the steamer often. It can only hold 2.5 quarts of water at a time, which is less than what other large steamers can carry.
- The heater does not get damaged easily because of the heavy cast iron
- Its unique design can complement the look in your room
- You can use additives for a unique aroma
- It can only hold 2.5 quarts of water
3. US STOVE CO Kettle Fireplace 3Qt
The US STOVE CO Kettle Fireplace has a perfectly-designed handle for ease of use. The handle is made from materials that are poor conductors of heat.
As a result, this steamer’s handle remains cool even after the steamer has been sitting on a woodstove for hours.
The steamer can hold up to 3 quarts of water when full. You will enjoy using the steamer because you will not have to go through the hassle of refilling it often.
You need to bear in mind that this heater is not designed for making tea. This is unlike other steamers that can make tea while providing the steam required to increase the relative humidity indoors.
- It has a perfectly designed handle for ease of use
- It can hold up to 3 quarts of water
- Made of high-quality cast iron
- The steamer cannot be used to prepare tea
4. Nerdi Cast Iron Moose Wood Stove Steamer
You will find it easy and convenient to use the Nerdi Cast Iron Moose Wood Stove Steamer, thanks to its capacity and durability.
You do not have to refill it often because it can comfortably hold 3 quarts of water when full. Besides, the use of cast iron, which is rust-resistant and a strong enamel finish, helps deliver value.
The only drawback of using the Nerdi Cast Iron Moose Wood Stove Steamer is that you cannot get the water from it to prepare teat.
However, this is a small issue considering the aesthetic value and longevity of the steamer.
- It is convenient to use the steamer because it holds 3 quarts of water when full
- The unique moose design complements the enamel finish to deliver aesthetic value
- Highly durable and resistant to rust because of the use of cast iron
- The steamer cannot be used to prepare tea
5. Plow & Hearth Store 2.3 QT. Cast Iron Lattice Steamer
This steamer can withstand scratches and knocks because of its porcelain finish and cast iron use for its body. Its high level of durability gives you value for money.
Similarly, the Pumpkin Woodstove Steamer is quite efficient in generating and distributing steam in the house because it has many large vents positioned on the top side of the lid.
The only notable drawback of using this steamer relates to its capacity. It can hold only 2.3 quarts of water at a time, which is a small amount compared to the 3 quarts capacity that other steamers have.
- Porcelain finish complements the durability
- Large vents at the top side of the lead for maximum functionality
- It is made of high-quality cast iron for durability
- The steamer has a limited capacity of 2.3 quarts of water
6. John Wright Log Cabin Steamer
One of the most notable features of the John Wright Log Cabin Steamer is its unique design. Your visitors will certainly enjoy the traditional wood log cabin design of this steamer. Moreover, you can disassemble and assemble the parts back relatively quickly.
The steamer has excellent functional features that complement its look. It can hold up to 3 quarts of water; therefore, you do not have to refill it all the time. Additionally, the use of heavy-duty cast iron with a porcelain finish protects it against chips and rust.
The only significant drawback of this wood stove steamer is that you cannot prepare tea. Buts, it is still an excellent decorative piece with a remarkable ability to provide humidity in your home.
- It can act as a decorative piece because of its excellent design
- Highly durable because of the use of cast iron and porcelain
- It can hold up to 3 quarts of water
- It cannot be used to prepare tea
7. Minuteman International 2.2 qt Enamel Woodstove Steamer
The familiar oval shape with a large lid makes the Minuteman International Enamel Woodstove Steamer a great device to use in your home. You will find it easy to open and close the large cover.
Moreover, this heater’s lid features the traditional latticework, which maximizes the rate at which the water evaporates. Thus, the steamer increases the relative humidity of the air in your room rapidly for your comfort.
Sadly, this steamer can only hold 2.2 quarts of water when full. Because of its small size, you will have to refill it quite often if you enjoy humid air for a long time.
- Its gloss colors can complement the interior décor of your room
- Easy to use because of the oval shape and large lid
- Useful because its lattice top allows water to vaporize at a high rate
- The steamer holds only 2.2 quarts of water
8. Minuteman International Moiety Insert Woodstove Steamer Humidifier
The Minuteman International Moiety Insert Woodstove Steamer Humidifier is designed to be placed on narrow mantles of woodstoves. It has a narrow base that is stable enough to keep the heater intact at the top of the woodstove.
The steamer is made of heavy-duty cast iron with a perfect enamel coating on the inside and outside. The use of heavy-duty iron makes it unnecessary to use a trivet with this steamer. It can comfortably sit atop your wood stove for as long as you would like to use it.
This steamer does not have a long handle. As a result of the lack of a handle, you will need to be careful when handling it. Removing the top part is dangerous if the stammer has been running for quite some time.
- It can sit on the woodstove directly
- It can sit on a narrow mantle because of its small base
- Very strong because it is made of heavy cast iron
- The removable top of the steamer becomes quite hot
9. Fire Beauty Humidifying Iron Kettle
One of the most significant benefits of having the Fire Beauty Humidifying Iron Kettle in your house is that you can use it to make tea while humifying the room’s air. Additionally, the heater has a long chrome handle that makes it very easy to use it.
The handle is very cool to the touch. This added safety feature prevents the occurrence of burns when one is handling the steamer. You can easily open the lid to add more water when the steamer is on your woodstove.
You have to bear with the ubiquity of this steamer. Unlike other steamers that come in innovative designs and bold finish, the Fire Beauty Humidifying Iron Kettle has a plain black finish and the traditional kettle design.
- It can be used to make tea
- The chrome handle makes it easy to use the steamer
- The traditional kettle makes is familiar and convenient
- It is available in black color only
10. Minuteman International Pumpkin Woodstove Steamer
If you are keen on having items with bold colors in your house, you can comfortably use this Pumpkin Woodstove Steamer. Its bold and gloss orange finish can easily complement other color schemes in your room and add an aura of liveliness.
The steamer is designed in the traditional style with large vents at the top of the lid. The positioning, size, and number of the vents maximize the steam that leaves the device into the air.
Although this steamer has a handle, it does not help much, especially when the steamer is at the top of a woodstove. The handle is exceptionally short; as a result, it becomes hot and dangerous to the touch.
- The gloss orange finish can serve decorative purposes indoors
- It performs effectively, thanks to the large vents on the lid
- You can either use a trivet or not
- It can hold 2 quarts of water only
- The handle of the steamer is short and gets hot
What is a Wood Stove Steamer?
A wood stove steamer is a unique kettle filled with water and placed on the top of a traditional fireplace. The heat from the fireplace, which generates warm air in the house, is also used to heat the steamer’s water.
As the water reaches its boiling point and turns into steam, it is released into the atmosphere. The steam from the device gets distributed into the air within the house to increase humidity.
You can place trivets between the steamer and the woodstove to prevent the steamer’s surface from getting damaged as a result of the intense heat from the woodstove.
Does a Wood Stove Lower Humidity?
The relative humidity is the percentage amount of moisture in the air. When relative humidity falls drastically, the air becomes dry and uncomfortable for breathing.
If you stay in a house where the air is very dry, you will experience many problems, including dry mouth and skin. If one has asthma and related breathing conditions, the situation worsens.
Your stove burner contributes to a reduction in the amount of moisture in the air. Therefore, burning your wood stove reduces the relative humidity of the air in the house for a long time.
The wood stove’s effect complements other natural processes during dry and cold winter weather that cause a decline in relative humidity.
Why Put a Steamer On a Wood Stove?
The primary reason for putting a steamer on a wood stove is to restore moisture in the air. The steam from the boiling water in the steamer rises and spreads in the air across the house.
This process increases the relative humidity in the home and avoids the many problems caused by dry air.
It is relatively cheap to operate a steamer. Compared to humidifiers that utilize electric power, a wood stove steamer uses the woodstove’s heat energy to have the much-needed humidity. You only need to ensure that the steamer is full of water.
Other Ways to Humidify a Room with a Wood Stove
- The best alternative to using a wood stove steamer to humidify a room is using a conventional humidifier. A humidifier utilizes electric energy to generate mist. The mist is then effectively distributed across the entire house through vents.
- Using hot baths can also help to humidify a room in which a wood stove is used. The steam from the hot water spreads in the air across the room to increase relative humidity.
- Placing a pan of hot water on the wood stove can also improve the air’s relative humidity in the room. The steam from the boiling water increases the relative humidity of the air.