Furnace filters help to keep your indoor environment clean, healthy, and comfortable. They trap all types of contaminants and allergens through a complex filtration process.
This review looks at a few 14x25x1 furnace filters that you can use in your domestic HVAC system. We also explain a few important things that you should consider before purchasing the best 14x25x1 filters for residential or commercial use.
How to Choose the Best 14x25x1 Filter
Choosing the best 14x25x1 Filter need not be a big issue if you understand the specifications. All filters have various features and specifications that determine how well they perform. You need to purchase a filter that has features that suit your needs.
Here are a few things that you should consider when choosing the best 14x25x1 Filter for your HVAC system.
Pleated vs. Unpleated Surfaces
Furnace filters with pleated surfaces have higher surface areas than those with unpleated strands. The higher the surface area, the more the furnace filter’s chances of trapping all contaminants that encounter its surface. Therefore, go for furnace filters with pleated strands to have a high Indoor Air Quality in your home.
The MERV rating is an indicator of the level of the performance of your furnace filter. Therefore, the rule of thumb is that you should go for furnace filters with the highest possible MERV ratings.
In practice, any filter with a MERV rating of about 12 will effectively remove up to 90% of all airborne contaminants in your house. You do not have to go for a filter with a MERV value of 16 because using it may interfere with airflow through your HVAC system. It is an excellent idea to let a certified HVAC technician choose the right furnace filter for your system.
Choose furnace filters that have longer lifetimes than those with shorter ones. Installing a furnace filter that can last for six months will be more convenient than having one that lasts for only one month.
You can check the recommended time that you should replace a furnace filter on the packaging. Some furnace filters that last for a long are sold in packages that contain very few pieces.
Other furnace filters that last for a short time may be sold in packages that contain as many as six pieces.
When Should I Replace my Furnace Filter?
The right time of replacing your Filter is what is indicated on the packaging. Manufacturers usually indicate the period when they expect their air filters to be helpful.
This varies with the type and brand of the filters. The most common furnace filters are designed to last for three months. This means that you should replace them immediately after three months even if you do not notice a sudden drop in your Indoor Air Quality.
Other filters are said to last even for up to 60 days. Such filters are designed to take in a lot of contaminants for a long time. They are more convenient for use than filters that last for a short time.
If the air in your room is full of contaminants, you will be forced to replace your Filter earlier than the period indicated on the packaging. Therefore, the best time to replace your Filter should be as it is indicated or earlier.
Are Electrostatically Charged Furnace Filters Effective?
Electrostatically charged furnace filters are quite effective in filtering the air in your home. The material on the surface of the furnace filters has a charge that attracts other contaminants.
All the contaminants in your house have small charges on their surface. When the contaminants get attracted to the charged surface of the Filter, they get trapped.
Therefore, an electrostatically charged furnace filter is quite effective in trapping airborne contaminants, including tiny dust particles, smoke, and allergens.
Is a 14x25x1 Furnace Filter Useful?
A 14x25x1 furnace filter is quite helpful in keeping the air in your room clean. The Filter is also safe for your HVAC system. However, you may be forced to replace your 1-inch Filter more frequently than if you have a 4-inch or 5-inch filter in place.
This is because 1-inch filters tend to get full of contaminants faster than other thicker ones. Nevertheless, the filters effectively attract and trapping airborne contaminants and keep your home safe from microscopic organisms.
Therefore, you can rely on them to enhance your Indoor Air Quality.
Best 14x25x1 Air Filter – Review
1. FilterBuy 14x25x1 Air Filter
- 14x25x1 replacement air filters for your furnace, air conditioner, heat pump, or HVAC system (actual size: 13.50" x 24.50" x 0.75")
- MERV 8 synthetic media (comparable with MPR 600 & FPR 5) protects homes from dust, pollen, and more by trapping 90% of airborne particles without impacting air flow
- High-quality construction features an electrostatically charged, pleated design that captures more harmful particles and prolongs the products lifespan by 3 times that of fiberglass models
- Industrial-grade beverage board frames with dual wire backings outperform standard cardboard designs
- All components are manufactured within the United States and designed with recyclable materials
One of the most notable things about this Filter is that it has a pleated surface. Filter with pleated strands performs better than those without pleated surfaces.
The pleating dramatically increases the overall surface area of the Filter. More particles (up to 90%) are trapped when they get in touch with a pleated filter’s surface.
More so, this air filter is made from high-quality materials. The filter frames are designed to provide support and last for several months. They can also withstand the effects of the elements for a long time. These features make this air filter remain helpful for as long as three months when properly installed.
There are four pieces in a pack. This means that if the conditions are ideal, one pack may last for more than a year. You will have to replace your filter after every three months.
However, you may have to look for a different brand if you are keen on getting a filter with a high MERV rating. A MERV rating of 8 is relatively low.
- It has a pleated surface for enhanced filtration performance
- It lasts long because it is made from high-quality materials
- There are four pieces in a pack
- It has a relatively low MERV rating of 8
2. Filtrete 14x25x1, AC Furnace Air Filter
- MAKE YOUR HOME YOUR SANCTUARY: 6-pack of 3-month pleated Filtrete 14x25x1 MPR 300 AC Furnace Air Filter helps capture unwanted particles from your household air to contribute to a cleaner, fresher home environment
- DIFFERENT FROM NOMINAL SIZE: Slightly different from the nominal size, this air filter’s exact dimensions are 13.81 x 24.81 x 0.81
- EXCLUSIVE TECHNOLOGY: Designed with exclusive Filtrete 3-in-1 technology to pull in and trap unwanted particles, allowing cleaner air to flow through
- COUNTLESS PARTICLES: With a 300 MPR and MERV 5 rating, your Filtrete Filter will help capture many particles from the air passing through it
- VERSATILE USES: Works for changing the air filters in your furnace, air conditioner/heating system or HVAC system
- CHANGE YOUR FILTER OFTEN: For optimal performance, make sure to change your filter at least once every 90 days
- SUBSCRIBE AND SAVE: On your first order, simply click on Subscribe and Save" to set up your delivery schedule and save up to 10% on your orders
If you are looking for a furnace filter with a high MERV rating built to last, consider using the Filtrete 14x25x1 AC Furnace Air Filter. This filter has a high MERV rating of 12, which is ideal for residential and commercial use.
It is also specially designed to filter microscopic particles and let clean air pass. Thus, the Filter is perfect for protecting you against viruses, bacteria, and other microscopic particles that cause all manner of airborne diseases, including flu.
The surface of this furnace filter is electrostatically charged. Furnace filters that are electrostatically charged function by attracting and trapping contaminants. They are more effective than those which do not have electrostatically charged surfaces. They can attract and trap all types of contaminants and allergens that are found in the air.
Sadly, there are only two pieces in every pack. You will have to cope with the trouble of having to purchase a new pack quite often. This is important if the air in your home is terrible because of a high level of contamination.
- The filter media is electrostatically charged to attract all airborne contaminants.
- It captures microscopic particles, inclusive of viruses and bacteria
- It has a high MERV rating of 12
- There are only two pieces in every pack
3. Nordic Pure 14x25x1 Air Filter
- Nominal Size: 14 x 25 x 1, Actual Size: 13 1/2 x 24 1/2 x 3/4 (13.5 x 24.5 x 0.75)
- Measure your air filter for the exact size and compare it to our actual size to ensure proper fit.
- Ideal for customers looking for superior filtration
- Nordic Pure MERV 13 is equivalent to MPR 2200-2400
- Made in the USA
The Nordic Pure 14x25x1 is designed to keep your Indoor Air Quality high and fight off problems, including germs and allergies. Allergies are caused by the presence of allergens in the air. Having a good furnace filter designed to trap all kinds of allergens is usually the best antidote.
The Nordic Pure 14x25x1 has an electrostatically charged surface. Moreover, the strands on the surface of this filter are pleated. These two features make it a very effective device for trapping germs and allergens that may be lurking in the air in your home. Thus, the furnace filter offers superior protection against all manner of germs and allergens.
The only notable drawback of using this furnace filter relates to its longevity. Ideally, furnace filters should last for three months. The actual period depends on your indoor air quality.
However, you will likely be forced to replace your Nordic Pure 14x15x1 furnace filter in sooner than three months.
- It has a pleated surface for maximum filtration performance
- The surface is electrostatically charged to trap microscopic contaminants
- There are six pieces in every pack
- It may last for as long as 30 days only
4. No Toil Castle Furnace Filter
- Patented Filter Technology: Castle Filters use 3 layers of ¼-inch open-celled foam, with a patented tacky center layer that catches dust like fly paper. Proudly made in USA - US patent #10,183,249 B2
- MERV 8: The High-Flow MERV 8 air filter effectively removes 93% of the most harmful dust particles and offers superior protection of your equipment and home while still allowing maximum air-flow
- HVAC Filter: Castle Filters have 400% more surface area for dust and other particles to collect. The internal foam is treated with a sticky material to collect more dust while letting the air pass through
- Lasts One Year: The furnace filter holds up to 20 times more dust than a pleated filter. While pleated filters need to be replaced about once a month, the Castle Air Filter lasts one year which is 4-12x longer than the others
- Save Energy and Lower Land Fill Contribution: Castle Air Filter helps you save energy with its advanced filtration technology and also helps in generating less waste as it need not be changed every month like a standard filter
The No Toil Castle Furnace Filter is perfect for use in homes and small commercial premises. Its most notable feature is that it has a unique technology that maximizes its performance. Its surface is made up of four layers of a unique foam material.
The foam material comprises a sticky substance that increases the furnace filter’s ability to trap small particles. Thus, when you install this filter in your HVAC system, you will enjoy a clean environment because it will attract and trap all microscopic airborne substances.
Moreover, the use of the technology increases the surface area of the furnace filter by 400%. This means that it can trap much higher volumes of contaminants than any other furnace filter that does not have this unique patented technology.
However, like all products, the No Toil Castle Furnace Filter is not without drawbacks. You may be concerned with its relatively low MERV rating of 8.
- Patented design technology enhances the filtration performance
- They have up to 400% additional surface area than other furnace filters that do not use the patented technology
- The furnace filters last for a long time (a year)
- The furnace filter has a low MERV rating of 8
5. Flanders PrecisionAire Furnace Filter
- Pack of 12 disposable UL Class II rated air filters designed for protection of furnace and central air units
- MERV 4 rating: Removes household dust, pollen, and lint
- Continuous chipboard design guards against corner separation while the one-sided metal media retainer adds to the filter strength
- Each filter maintains efficiency for up to 30 days
- Compatible with HVAC systems requiring filters sized 14" x 25" x 1"
The Flanders PrecisionAire Furnace Filter is built to last and provide you with excellent air filtration performance. A pack contains 12 furnace filter pieces.
When appropriately used, every piece can last for even three months before requiring a replacement. This means that a pack can last for a long time.
More so, the frames of this furnace filter are specially designed to last for a long time. The use of high-quality materials ensures that the entire furnace filter remains steady and valuable for a long time.
This furnace filter is compatible with HVAC systems. You can comfortably install and use it in residential and commercial premises without getting worried about having a damaged blower.
It will perfectly filter all the small and large contaminants in the air and keep the environment clean and healthy.
However, Flanders PrecisionAire Furnace Filter has a MERV rating of 8. This is a relatively low rating because there are many other furnace filters with the exact dimensions but relatively high ratings of even up to 12.
- Effective in creating a high Indoor Air Quality
- The pack contains 12 furnace filters for longevity
- Compatible with HVAC systems in residential and commercial premises
- Relatively low MERV value of 8
6. Amazon Basics Merv 8 AC Furnace Air Filter
- AC/Furnace filter for capturing household irritants, improving air quality, and promoting furnace efficiency; 14 x 25 x 1 inch filters, 6-pack
- Merv 8 rating for residential use; comparable to MPR 600 and FPR 5
- Captures allergens between 3-10 microns including lint, dust, and pollen
- Beverage board frame, wire mesh support, and electrostatically charged synthetic filter material
- For optimal results change filter every 60 to 90 days
The Amazon Basics Merv 8 AC Furnace Air Filter is designed to provide you with a clean and healthy environment at home. It is compatible with your HVAC system.
Once correctly installed, the Filter traps particles that are as small as 0.3 microns wide. These include allergens, tiny particles of hair from your pets, and even microscopic organisms that cause flu and cold.
The Amazon Basics Merv 8 AC Furnace Air Filter is quite durable because of its design. Its frame is made up of a strong beverage material that is reinforced with mesh wire. This makes the Filter withstand the effects of the elements, including heat and moisture.
You will have to replace these furnace filters quite frequently. They tend to get full of contaminants within a month or two. If you delay replacing them, the indoor air quality suddenly dips because contaminants are starting to accumulate in the air.
- It has pleated strands for capturing all types of airborne irritants
- Highly durable because of a beverage board frame and a strong wire mesh support
- The surface of the filter is electrostatically charged
- The furnace filters need to be replaced quite frequently
14x25x1 furnace filters are quite effective in trapping small contaminants that range from 0.3 microns to 1 micron wide. When choosing furnace filters, go for brands that have pleated surfaces. The pleating of the strands of the filters increases the surface area. This compensates for the relative thinness of this type of furnace filter.