Having an ac unit breakdown on a hot summer afternoon is a nightmare. Thus, a quality unit like the Daikin always comes in handy.
But even if you are operating the best aircon, you may be unable to avoid operational mishaps. The good thing is that with simple troubleshooting skills, you can fix most of these hitches.
Thus, learning how to reset a Daikin air conditioner is always handy.
Let’s look at the troubleshooting skills you need while operating Daikin aircon.
Where is the Reset Button?
Daikin air conditioners have easy-to-find reset buttons at the back of the unit. The red button has a clear reset label on it.
You will also find a reset button on the remote control. You can use this button to reset the aircon to factory settings and the timer.
How to Reset Daikin Air Conditioner
You can reset the Daikin air conditioner by pressing the reset button. If that does not work, follow the below process to reset.
- Ensure that you do not have power supply issues. In case of a power surge or power failure, do not reset the air con
- Switch off the thermostat. Unplug the power cord from the electrical power outlet.
- Flip off the circuit breaker. Please wait for a few seconds and flip it on.
- Give the internal circuit some five seconds to reset. Plug back the power cord into the electrical outlet.
- Switch on the thermostat.
How to Reset Daikin Air Conditioner Remote Control.
If the Daikin air conditioner remote control is not working, follow the below process to reset it.
- Look for the ON button on the remote control.
- Press the button and hold it for three seconds. Release the button.
- Press the ON button again once to stop the operation.
- Wait a few seconds and press the button to restart the operation.
Always ensure that the remote control buttons are working as they should. Otherwise, take them to a technician for fixing.
How to Turn off Timer on Daikin AC Remote
To set the off timer,
- Press the off-timer button on the remote control.
- The screen will display timings
- Set the requisite time to switch off the air conditioner.
- You can cancel the off-timer settings by pressing the remote control.
- You can also set the ac unit to switch off when it does not detect people in the room.
How to Reset Daikin AC Air Filter
The unit’s operation lamp flashes if the air filters are dirty. You can use the Daikin auto filter cleaning setting or the manual method to clean the filters. If you choose to go for a manual reset, follow the below steps for a fast reset.
- Open the front panel and pull out the filters.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove the dust.
- Use warm water and mild detergent to clean the filter if soiled.
- Dry the filter in the shade away from direct sunlight.
- Reinstall the filter and close the panel.
Daikin Air Conditioner won’t Turn On
Check the issues below if the Daikin air conditioner does not power on.
- Check if the operational lamp is off. If it is, check if the fuse has blown. You also need to check whether the circuit breaker has tripped. Flip it back on if that is the case.
- Confirm if the power cord is well connected to the plug. Replace the power cord in case of any damage.
- You also need to check if there is a power failure. Give the air conditioner 10 minutes before turning it back on when the power stabilizes.
- Also, check if you have faulty issues like a dysfunctional motor.
Daikin Heat Pump Won’t Turn On
Here are some possible reasons your aircon heat pump won’t turn on.
- Clogged or dirty air filters: Dirty coils could be blocking the transmission of heat.
- The air conditioner could have a refrigerant leak or be low on gas.
- The fan of the outdoor unit could have faulty relays. Also, check on sensor malfunctions.
- The motor is dead or not working due to faulty capacitors.
Daikin Air Conditioner keeps Turning Off
If your aircon keeps going on and off again, you are most likely dealing with short cycling issues. The below points are possible causes.
Thermostat has Issues
If the thermostat is faulty, it may not be able to sense the well. As a result, the unit stops unexpectedly and then restarts. Also, check if the thermostat screen is blank, indicating low batteries.
A leak in the evaporator could cause the compressor to malfunction due to low pressure. As a result, the ac shuts down. Conversely, the pressure builds when the compressor is off, causing the unit to restart.
Clogged filters cause the air conditioner to overheat, making it shut down. When the system cools down, it turns on automatically.
You could also have an unstable power supply. If that is the case, switch off the air conditioning system until the power stabilizes.
Daikin AC Not Cooling
If the air conditioner unit is not delivering cold air, the below pointers can help you resolve the issue.
Check the Settings
Is the air conditioner set to cooling mode? To do this, you can either look at the display on the air conditioner or check the settings on the remote control.
Set the air conditioner to cooling mode if not set. Also, you need to confirm whether the set temperature is 24 degrees or below. If you alter the temperature settings, give the unit Fan settings 10 minutes and verify if it is now cooling the room.
Dirty Air Filters
Another reason why the ac fails to cool is dirty air filters. Ensure that you check the condition of the filters once a month and clean them as soon as the need arises. 3.
Blocked Space around the Air Conditioner
Remove any furniture that could be blocking the air conditioner.
If the windows and doors are open, close them to maintain the air in the room.
Are the fans on?
If they are, change the fan speed from low speed to moderate or high speed. When the room reaches the set temperature, the fans will set to breeze mode.
Daikin Remote Control is not Working
Dead batteries are the first possible reason the remote control is not working. Open the battery cradle lid and check the polarity of the batteries. If the batteries are okay, rotate them in the cradle and close the lid. Check if the remote control is now working as it should. You can also try to reset the remote control.
Daikin AC not Responding to Remote Control
If the Daikin air conditioner s not responding to the remote control, below are a few things you need to check.
- Check the polarity of the batteries and change them if necessary.
- Check if there is anything that is blocking the sensors. Remove the obstructions.
- Reset the remote control.
- Reset the Daikin air conditioner.
Daikin Air Conditioner Opens and Closes
The dust box is dirty if the air conditioner opens and shuts and indicates green flashing light.
The air conditioner may also open and close if you operate a multi-split system with two modes. Use the Daikin zone controller to set the multi-units at the same temperature mode. Also, ensure that the ventilation mode is the same.
Daikin Ac Smells
If the indoor unit emits a slightly unpleasant odor after powering on, this should not be a reason to worry. The smell is due to the ozone emission during the streamer air purifying.
But if the air conditioner emits a strong smell for a long time, you need to call a technician. You could be facing a more significant challenge that affects the internal systems.
Daikin Air Conditioner has a Flashing Green Light
If the air conditioner is flashing green light, you could be facing an operational hitch. The good thing is that most of them are easy fixes. Follow the steps to identify and solve the issue.
- Open the remote control cover and locate the cancel button.
- Press down the cancel button and hold for five to ten seconds.
- Release the button when the temperature settings disappear on the remote display. Two flashing zeros will appear on display instead.
- Press the cancel button in time with the blinks of the zeros.
- Two new digits will pop up. The digits are a lot of possible issues that you need to fix.
- If the aircon beeps once on a number, it is not the correct number for the fault. If it beeps twice, one of the two numbers represents the fault. If the unit emits a long beep, both numbers are correct and represent the code of the issue.
- Check the Daikin error codes and match them with the digit to diagnose the problem.
The Mold-proof Lamp has a Green Flashing Light
The light means that you need to clean the dust box. Always ensure you do not run the clean filter when the light is on. Follow the below instructions to clean the dust box.
- Detach the dust box from the air conditioner.
- Remove the using an air vacuum. Wash the dust box in water.
- Put it in the shade and ensure all the water drains off.
- Reinstall the dust box.
- To remove the indicating light.
- To remove the flashing light, turn on the circuit breaker and restart the main unit.
Daikin Air Conditioner has an Orange Flashing Light
If the Daikin is flashing orange light, the streamer unit is dirty and needs cleaning. The streamer unit needs cleaning after an operation period of flashing 1800 hours. Follow the below procedure to clean it.
- Soak the streamer unit in lukewarm water for one hour.
- Wear gloves and use a clean cloth to clean the unit
- Rinse the unit in running water and ensure it drains well.
- Dry the unit in a ventilated shady area for a day.
- Reinsert the streamer unit into the air conditioner.
- Turn on the circuit breaker. Press the reset button to remove the orange light indicator.
Daikin AC is Making Noise
If the air conditioning unit is making noise while operating, first identify the type of noise. Then, check out the possible issues below depending on your unit’s noise.
- Buzzing sound: Check if the louver is open.
- Soft rumbling sound: Your ac unit will make this sound if it is on fan operating mode.
- Clicking valve: The refrigerant control valve is operating.
- Rattling sound: The louvers make this sound when the ac unit is powering on.
- Hissing sound. If your aircon is making this sound, there are two possibilities. One, the air is humid outside. In this case, the aircon discharges the ventilated air. The aircon is low on refrigerant gas and needs refilling. In the case of the latter, you need to call a technician.
- Bubbling sound: The air conditioner could be on a defrost operation.
Daikin Air Conditioner Leaks Water
It is not unusual for air conditioning systems to leak small amounts of water. But if you notice your ducted air conditioner leak a lot of water, check out the below issues.
1. Dirty filters
Dirty air filters clog the evaporator coils, causing excessive condensation. The ice later defrosts, causing the drainage pan to overflow and leak.
2. Incorrectly installed or cracked drain pan
If the drain pan is not well installed, the water will not drain into the outlets but to the aircon itself.
It is essential to ensure that you call the technician for regular tune-ups of your Daikin air conditioner. That way, you can always ensure that the aircon does not run into deep mechanical problems.
The above troubleshooting skills will go a long way to ensure you uninterrupted air delivery. But asking a professional is a better option than taking risks whenever you are unsure of what to do.