As the temperature starts to take a dip, you’ll experience rising costs in your heating bills, especially if you use natural gas, propane, and electricity.
Even if heating your garage is necessary, you want to keep the bills under control. An oil filled heater for garage is an affordable option for keeping the frosty, frigid weather at bay without cranking up your utility bills.
Since they’re affordable and easy to operate, oil heaters have become common, allowing you to heat confined single spaces.
In this guide, we have reviewed some of the best oil filled space heaters that will keep you warm and your utility bills down.
Best Oil Filled Heater For Garage Comparison Table
1. De’Longhi Dragon Digital Full Room Radiant Heater
The De’Longhi Oil-Filled Radiator Space Heater is a reliable heating source for your garage, thanks to its sufficient radiant heating capacity, a steel assembly, and easy-to-use controls. Its patented thermal slots are quite useful in ensuring uniform distribution of heat within small spaces.
You will enjoy a cozy environment in your garage when you use this heater because of the way it provides instant heat and maintains the temperature within the required levels.
It is a breeze to use the heater for zonal or spot heating. You can conveniently move it to the desired location in your garage and ensure that you work in a comfortable environment.
The easy-rolling wheels maximize the portability and general usefulness of this heater. You can conveniently move to any spot within your garage to ensure effective zonal heating.
However, you have to be cautious when using and moving the heater. The four wheels do not offer excellent stability to the heater. The device can easily fall when knocked accidentally. Luckily, it has an automatic shut off system as a precaution.
- Highly portable because of the durable and tough wheels
- Easy to operate using the electronic control panel
- The patented thermal slots help to deliver precise heating
- The heater can easily fall when knocked
2. De’Longhi Comfort Temp Full Room Radiant Heater
The De’Longhi EW7707CM is a small but highly efficient oil-filled heater because of the patented technology to optimize performance. The heater automatically maintains the temperature within the ideal range according to your heating requirements.
It is relatively easy to maintain this heater. Its body is made of high-quality steel that makes it quite durable. You do not have to carry out routine maintenance procedures often. Besides, you do not have to replace the oil that acts as a heat sink.
The only notable drawback of using this heater relates to its heating capacity. You cannot use it to warm large indoor spaces effectively.
Even when it is set at the maximum heating level, the device can only provide enough heat to warm small areas. Nevertheless, this is not a big issue if you need a heater for a small space.
- The heater maintains optimal heating for efficiency and comfort
- Multiple heating settings and an adjustable thermostat for excellent control and ease of use
- No maintenance required because the oil does not need to be refilled
- Limited heating capacity suitable for small to mid-sized spaces only
3. De’Longhi TRD40615EBK Oil Filled Radiant Heater
It is very convenient and easy to use this heater because of the anti-freeze setting. When properly used, this feature helps to maintain the temperature of the room within an optimal range.
Once the temperature falls below the desired level, the heater is automatically activated. Similarly, you can use the programmable timer to set the heater to remain either on or off for 24 hours. It is very convenient to use the programmable timer to tailor the heater’s performance to your needs.
The De’Longhi Oil-Filled Radiator Space Heater does not have a fan for forcing the heated air across the room. As a result, they operate silently and are ideal for use, even in bedrooms or any other place where silence is critical.
However, as the case with all oil-filled radiant heaters, the lack of a fan means that the devices cannot warm large spaces. This is the only notable drawback of using this heater.
- The anti-freeze setting and a programmable timer maximize convenience
- The heater is quite efficient when set on the eco-mode
- Silent operation because it does not have a fan
- Unsuitable for heating large spaces
4. PELONIS Electric 1500W Oil Filled Radiator Heater
If you are looking for a stylish oil-filled radiator heater that can be conveniently moved to any location of the room, then you should consider the PELONIS brand.
It has a properly-positioned handle and four wheels that you can use to move it across the house. This level of portability is necessary if you need to warm different locations of a room.
You can adjust this heater’s performance to the heating requirements of your room by choosing from a set of five temperature options. Its temperature settings range from 65 degrees Fahrenheit to 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
Additionally, you can toggle between the low and medium modes depending on the amount of heating needed to keep the space cozy.
It is a breeze to use the universal remote control to change the heater’s performance according to your preferences. The remote control provides a convenient way of operating the heater from a distance if you do not want to use the manual controls on the heater’s surface.
You will have to mind the wheels of the PELONIS Electric 1500W Oil Filled Radiator Heater because they wear out quite fast. If you minimize pushing the heater around the garage and the house, the wheels will last for an extended period.
- Effective heating because of the three settings and five temperature adjustment options
- Easy to use a remote control
- The wheels and handle make the heater very portable
- The wheels of the heater wear off after some time
5. Aikoper Space Heater 1500W Oil Filled Radiator Heater
The Aikoper Space Heater has some of the most advanced safety features, including the tip-over and overheat protection.
It has a patented tail fin separation design that maximizes heat flow and prevents overheating. The unique sensors trigger the heater to automatically go off if it is accidentally knocked to the ground.
But the remote-control capability of the heater can be a great benefit for users. You can adjust the heater’s heating performance, including changing the temperature settings from the comfort of your seat.
Also, the programmable thermostat and timer can be used to personalize the performance of this heater. According to your preferences, you can use the timer to set the heater to remain on or off for up to 24 hours.
A notable drawback of this heater is that it does not have a specialized handle for aiding mobility. A handle makes it easy for one to either pull or push a heater around the home. You will have to carry this heater if you want to move it from one place to another.
- The remote control provides convenient and easy operation
- Inbuilt safety features, including tip-over and overheat protection (tail fin separation)
- It has a thermostat and timer for personalized heating
- It lacks a handle for aiding portability
6. Honeywell HZ-789 EnergySmart Electric Oil Filled Radiator Whole Room Heater
In addition to the standard tip-over protection feature, the Honeywell HZ-789 has advanced ones, including reinforced wire connections and thermally insulated wiring.
The proper insulation of wires in the heater maximizes performance and prevents overheating incidents due to the cables getting overloaded.
It is possible to achieve the ideal heating of your garage at manageable costs when using this heater. Its eco-mode helps to adjust the heating temperature to that of the environment.
Additionally, one can move the heater to any location within the garage to achieve zonal heating. This minimizes the waste of heating energy in areas that are not occupied.
The inbuilt safety features help prevent fires in case the heater either heats up or falls accidentally. Thanks to the tip-over protection feature, your heater will automatically go off if it gets knocked.
Also, the overheat protection feature automatically cuts the supply of power to the heating element if the internal temperature rises abnormally.
You will have to bear with the short programmable period of the timer of the Honeywell HZ-789. For many heaters designed for indoor environments, the timer can be programmed for up to 24 hours.
- It has reinforced wire connections and thermally insulated wiring for enhanced safety
- The eco mode ensures efficient utilization of energy for heating
- The heater has inbuilt safety features, including cool-to-touch and tip-over protection
- The auto timer range is only 12 hours
7. AmazonBasics Indoor Portable Radiator Heater
You can customize the performance of this heater to your heating requirements. A timer is an excellent tool for programming the heater to remain on or off for the desired period.
The programmable thermostat helps you to determine the temperature range at which the heater should operate. Additionally, if you set up the anti-freeze functionality, the heater automatically switches when the temperature falls lower than 41 degrees Fahrenheit.
The casing of the AmazonBasics Indoor Portable Radiator Heater is made of high-quality steel. You will enjoy value for your money if you purchase this heater because you will neither have to carry out repeated maintenance procedures nor replace it often.
The only significant drawback of this heater is that you can only use it to heat small to medium-sized spaces. The capacity of the heater is not suitable for warming large indoor spaces. But if you only need to warm a small garage, then this may be the right oil-filled radiator heater for the purpose.
- Great features for customization, including the anti-freeze and timer settings
- Made from highly durable steel for longevity
- The compact and slim design delivers aesthetic value
- Can only be used to heat small spaces