Casement or sliding window air conditioners are intently designed for vertical openings. They can be a bummer when the summer heat hits, especially if you haven’t budgeted for a window AC.
While typical window air conditioners won’t work here, dealing with casement windows can definitely be a hassle. Conversely, this review aims to show you the possibilities you have for window air conditioners that can perfectly fit your casement window.
Casement windows work perfectly in locations where it’s almost impossible to push a window sash up like kitchen sinks or countertops. Although most people love their stylish looks, they’re pretty challenging to install.
They come in large sizes, designs and work great when combined as part of a large window installation. They provide an unobstructed view and are the most energy-efficient windows.
A Casement window also allows you to enjoy a beautiful view without muntins and offer better security than other window types. With the very many or limited options out there, here are some excellent choices!
Quietest Casement Window Air Conditioner Comparison Table
Choosing the Quietest Casement Window Air Conditioner
The quietest casement window air conditioner in our list incorporates affordable and basic models with the market’s best features. Our selections have one thing in common, good quality and dependability. The ball is now on your coat to revisit the list and choose what suits your needs.
The basic features to dig into include maximum comfort and convenience. More advanced added extras like follow-me-thermostats, dehumidification, and dry mode are equally important. Well, let’s kick off but expounding on the factors to consider when shopping for the quietest casement window air conditioner:
Area Coverage/ Cooling Power
I will advise you to check on the cooling power of your AC before buying one. The cooling power is given in British Thermal Units (BTU) and is indicated at the bright yellow sticker on its chassis.
Before you purchase the AC, know your room size as it will determine the BTU ratings. For instance, a larger room demands higher BTU ratings.
Another factor that determines the cooling capability of the AC is your house location. You will need to get a higher BTU rating unit if your house is hit directly by sunlight. Besides, higher heat-related rooms like the kitchen also demand a higher BTU AC.
Our houses designs are different, and that explains why there are various sizes of casement air conditioning. Therefore, when shopping, you must take your window measurements to get the maximum casement AC that perfectly fits on the window.
For instance, it is wrong to get a square AC when your window is rectangular unless you intend to modify your window at an additional cost.
The weight of the casement AC you choose is paramount during your shopping. Remember that higher BTU AC is heavier and cannot sit on a window resting on a wooden wall.
Furthermore, your wall should be structurally fit to withstand frequent vibration from the AC. A house with strong structurally laid members can handle heavy A/Cs with higher vibrations. Contrary, with weak walls, you will have to get two smaller BTU units for the house’s structural safety.
The location also determines the type of air conditioner to buy. Let’s say, for instance; you need to install an AC on a window that is several stories high.
Here, you can’t go for a higher BTU AC since it will cost you extra cash to hire cranes to carry it. Furthermore, you’ll need a team of professionals who will charge exorbitant costs.
In such a situation, consider settling on two or three smaller air conditioners that are easier to install and handle. The smaller units are portable and can cool every room in your home entirely.
An air conditioner can exhibit a compact design at an affordable price but come with a faulty filtration system. The ACs filtration system’s quality matters a lot-so consider the filter replacement needs before you buy one.
It is wise to confirm with your dealer since getting some filter replacements is always a difficult task. The filter quality also determines the ability to trap pathogens, pollutants, and dust. You can also check if the filter is washable as that will save on replacement costs.
Energy Efficiency Ratings
The Energy Efficiency Rating, abbreviated as EER, determines the amount of power consumed by your air conditioner. You should check the energy ratings on the side of your unit. If the EER is higher, it means you’ll have to part with more money to settle your electricity bills.
You should check the warranty offer given by your manufacturer. A reputable dealer will offer you a longer warranty that covers maintenance, repairs, and damages.
Casement Window AC Installation FAQs
How complicated is it to install a Casement window air conditioner?
After getting the right measurements for your window and the AC, it is simple to install. The manual might seem complicated to understand, but trust me; the process is straightforward once you know how the parameters work.
How can I lift the heavy casement window air conditioner?
If you want to install a heavy unit like 8000 BTU and above, you’ll have to get a partner. You can position it on the floor and lift it to a supporting base like a stool. From the support base, you can easily lift it to the window.
Quietest Casement Window Air Conditioner Reviews
1. Frigidaire FFRS1022R1 10000 BTU
- Specially designed for casement-window or sliding-window installation - installation kit included (Not suitable for standard-window installation)
- 10,000 BTU air conditioner cools a room up to 450 sq. ft. with dehumidification up to 3.4 pints per hour (Uses standard 115V electrical outlet)
- Multi-speed electronic controls with 24-hr. on/off timer and full-function remote control
- Auto cool, Energy Saver mode, Sleep mode, 4-way air direction and washable mesh filter with check filter alert
- Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER): 10.4
- Window height- 21.5 inch minimum / 40 inch maximum. Minimum window width- 15.5 inch
One lovely thing about this unit is its quiet operation. It’s robust enough to cool rooms up to 450 square feet and specifically designed for use with casement or sliding windows.
It’s equipped with ready-select electronic controls that allow users to select options with the touch of a bottom. Its full-function remote control allows you to effortlessly and precisely control fan speed and temperature from across the room.
Frigidaire FFRS1022R1 has an EER rating of 10.4, making it a highly energy-efficient brand that will cut down your energy bills. It also boasts multi-speed electronic controls with three different fan speeds for more cooling flexibility. Its 4-way air direction control gives you the liberty to direct the air right where you want it.
It enlists a washable filter with front, tilt-out access to capture dust and keep your air conditioner in good working condition. Its other additional features include energy saver mode, washable mesh filter with check filter alert, auto cool, and 24-hr. on/off timer.
With full 1-year parts and labor warranty plus an additional 4-years limited on the sealed system, you can buy this brand with confidence.
- Outstanding warranty
- Works as advertised
- Excellent features
- Super quiet
- Excellent cooling ability
- It might be squeaky when working at full capacity
2. PerfectAire 10,000 BTU Slider Air Conditioner Window A/C
- 10, 000 BTU cooling capacity
- Electronic controls (remote control included); auto restart function, sleep, dry, and energy saver modes
- Full range air direction control, slide-out filter access
- Window mounting kit included. Voltage : 110-120 V. Minimum Operating Temperature (Cooling) : 60 degrees F
- cULus listed, refrigerant
This 10,000 BTU casement window air conditioner is designed to fit casement windows like a glove without resorting to costly custom designs. Its adjustable temperature settings guided by three fan speeds, electronic controls, and full-range air direction control allows you to find your comfort zone.
With adjustable temperature settings that range from 62°F – 86°F (17°C – 30°C), this unit can cool rooms up to 450 square feet. It includes an expandable window mounting kit that accommodates horizontal sliding windows with a 15½”/16¼” (min./max.) window width and a 21¼”/39½” (min./max.) window height.
This brand is integrated with an auto mode function that turns it on if the temperatures fall or become higher than the desired room temperature.
It also enlists full-function remote control with Follow Me portable thermostat technology for total room coverage. It’s fully protected with a 1-year replacement warranty and engineered with front-mounted, tilt-out air filter access for effortless cleaning.
It acts both as a fan and dehumidifier by circulating fresh air around your home and removing excess moisture. It’s eco-friendly, super easy to install, and an excellent choice for customizing your cooling needs
- Simple to install
- Works as expected
- It’s eco-friendly
- Excellent features
- Super affordable
- Complaints about terrible customer service
3. Arctic King EWL08CRN1BJ9 Casement Window Air Conditioner
Its sleek, stylish design is something that most Amazonians find super attractive. It’s highly energy-efficient and a lot cheaper compared to other models on this list.
With an 8,000 BTU cooling capacity, this brand can cool rooms up to 350 square feet more effectively. It offers the ability to shift between cooling mode and fan mode for maximum comfort.
Its sleep mode function adjusts the temperature for overnight comfort and can operate on a standard 110-volt plug. It also includes a remote control, a timer, and three fan speeds for maximum flexibility.
It’s backed up with a 1-year part and labor warranty and boasts a slinger-up ring that splashes water removed by the air conditioner for faster and effective cooling. It’s highly ranked!
- Works great
- Cools rooms fast
- Very powerful
- Excellent packaging
- Quite heavy for some users
4. Koldfront CAC8000W 8000 BTU 115V Casement Air Conditioner
- 8000 BTU vertical window air conditioner engineered for spaces ranging in size from 300 to 350 square feet
- Designed to fit casement (left to right sliding) windows ONLY, and will not fit windows that slide up and down. Fits windows 15-1/2" to 16-1/4" wide with a minimum height of 21-1/4" when using the window panel retainer and a maximum height of 39-7/16" (minimum window height of 20-5/16" without the window panel retainer)
- Digital Display; Dehumidifier; Sleep Mode; 3 fan speeds; Remote control with 16ft range; LCDI 5-15P plug type
- Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER): 11.0 / Energy saver mode
- Includes all installation hardware and weather seals
Koldfront CAC8000W 8000 BTU 115V Casement Air Conditioner is an excellent choice for keeping the summer heat at bay and enjoying a never-ending cool breeze.
It’s designed explicitly for casement windows and engineered to cool spaces from 300-350 square feet with 8,000 BTUs of cooling power. It’s an ideal choice for bedrooms, studies, or living rooms and is designed to fit windows from 15-1/2 to 16-1/4 inches wide with a minimum height of 20-5/16 inches.
It incorporates a remote control to help you adjust features and operations setting from up to 16 feet away. It also offers several energy-saving features like sleep mode, check filter alert, and thermostat-controlled operation. The sleep mode function ensures users get a serene sleep while helping them save on costly energy bills.
The Koldfront CAC8000W meets strict requirements set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to guarantee eco-friendly operation. It also boasts three fan speeds and a control panel with a digital display to control airflow easily.
You can also take advantage of its dehumidifying function to cleanse your space of excess moisture. It’s a unique choice built for multiple tasks!
- Works as advertised
- Very simple to install
- Relatively quiet
- Super sturdy
- Its built quality doesn’t meet some users expectations
5. Keystone 8,000 BTU Slider/Casement Window AC
- Convenient Cooling: This Keystone air conditioner fits your standard sliding and casement windows; It’s a reliable choice for apartments, bedrooms, living rooms, home offices, or attics; It is rated 8,000 BTUs and best used in a room up to 350 square feet
- Maximum Comfort: Featuring 3 cooling modes, 3 fan speeds, 4-way adjustable air louvers and a programmable timer; Aside from cooling, 0.9 pints of moisture from the air is removed every hour with the efficient built-in dehumidification system
- Control Your Comfort: 4-way air direction control allows you to direct the air where you need it most for optimal comfort
- Powerful Cooling on a Budget: Our AC will give your electric bill a break by using the 'Energy Saver' or Sleep' mode; These smart features automatically program your unit to use less energy while providing the same amount of comfort
- Easy to Use: Designed with a removable chassis so you can install them either in a window or through an exterior wall; An adjustable window kit is included for convenient installation; Minimum window height: 21.3"; Minimum to Maximum window width: 15.5" - 16.3"
This sleek, multi-functional model is exclusively designed for casement or horizontal slider windows. It’s an excellent choice for cooling rooms up to 350 sq. ft. and a flawless solution for homes with double-hung windows.
It incorporates three fan speeds and 4-way air direction control for a quicker cooling of your home and maintaining the comfort you need.
It’s engineered with built-in dehumidification capabilities of removing up to 0.9 liters per hour. It boasts a built-in filter indicator that significantly reminds you whenever it’s time to clean it.
Its slide-in/slide-out washable filter also removes dust and odors, creating a safer, healthy home. It’s surprisingly backed up with a 1-limited warranty and protected with excellent customer support.
Keystones other additional features include a sleep mode function that lets users enjoy a peaceful night, a programmable timer, and an energy saver mode that ensures energy bills are kept at a minimum. Its easy-to-use touch button control panel makes selecting your desired temperature a breeze.
- Includes a window installation kit
- Fairly quiet
- Works great
- Easy to install
- Straightforward instructions
- No setbacks yet
6. Global Industrial Casement Window Air Conditioner
If you desire a cool room that guarantees more extended conversations during dinner, Global Industrial Casement Window Air Conditioner should be your go-to product. Its compact yet stylish design perfectly blends your interior décor. With 10,000 BTU capacities, this model can service rooms up to 450 square feet.
Like any other brand within its class, this unit is equipped with 4-way air direction that allows you to maximize your comfort without moving an inch. It enlists a fan mode function that enables you to maintain a cool indoor environment while enjoying your daily endeavors.
It boasts an auto-restart mode function that automatically restarts it and resumes the preset operating conditions in case of power outages. It comes fully equipped with an installation kit for effortless installation, 24hr on/off timer, eco-friendly refrigerant, and an easily removable and washable filter.
- Works flawlessly
- Fairly quiet
- Reliable features
- Quite challenging to install
While casement window AC can be slightly expensive than standard units, it offers a long-term solution for your home. In fact, it is the ideal AC for homes with casement windows. If you have a problem with installation, don’t hesitate to contact an HVAC expert. Hurry not, but make an informed decision geared towards shopping for the best.