Everyone would benefit from a bathroom fan with bluetooth speaker. These fans perform their traditional function (moisture extraction) like any other exhaust fan. Besides, they also feature speakers that allow you to play some music in the bathroom.
It’s a great way to take the boredom out of shower time. It’s also a great solution to bathroom music challenges (many people, for instance, are known to carry a speaker to the bathroom every time they need to shower).
This guide is designed to help you pick the best bluetooth bathroom fan. We’ll discuss the benefits of such fan + speaker combos, the fan aspects to consider, the speaker aspects to prioritize, and several other factors. First, though, a roundup of some of the best such fans.
Best Bluetooth Bathroom Fan Comparison Table
1. HomeWerks Worldwide 7130-03-BT Bathroom Fan with Bluetooth Speaker
- OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE: This Homewerk's bath fan with Bluetooth speaker ensures comfort in your home by quietly eliminating moisture and humidity in the bathroom. This exhaust fan is 1.5 sones at 90 CFM which means it’s able to manage spaces up to 90 square feet.
- STREAM MUSIC WIRELESSLY IN YOUR BATHROOM: The built in Bluetooth speaker will connect to most Bluetooth enabled devices. From your Apple iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, iOS, Android, iPads and Android Tablets. The connection is strong, up to 30 feet away so you can leave your smart device in another room so you don’t have to worry about moisture damage to your smart phone or tablet.
- BUILD QUALITY: Designed to be corrosion resistant with its galvanized steel construction featuring a modern yet simple style. UL certified and HVI listed. The Bluetooth speaker is moisture resistant and will provide clear crisp audio for a long time.
- EASY INSTALLATION: This exhaust bath fan is easy to install with its no-cut design and ceiling mount ventilation. Includes quick connect wire connectors and mounting hardware.
- HOMEWERKS TRUSTED QUALITY: Be confident in the quality and construction of each and every one of our products. We ensure that all of our products are produced and certified to regional, national and international industry standards. We are proud of the products we sell, you will be too. 3 Year Limited warranty on the fan and 1 year warranty on the speaker.
Another excellent option when shopping for a bathroom fan with an integrated Bluetooth speaker, the model 7130—03-BT from HomeWerks, allows you to stream music wirelessly in your bathroom and is so clear you can hear the music from 30 feet away.
Moreover, it easily connects to several Bluetooth wireless technology enabled devices such as phones, laptops, and tablets.
Key features of the 7130-BT-03 include crisp, clear audio and impressively quiet operation at just 1.5 sones. The fan is also powerful enough at 90 CFM (ideal for up to 90 square feet), comes in a durable galvanized steel construction, and arrives with mounting hardware included.
The 7139-BT-03 is HVI Certified and UL Listed. It’s backed by a 3-year warranty (on the fan) and a 1-year warranty (on the speaker).
- Powerful 90 CFM fan
- Great stereo system
- Mounting hardware included
- HVI Certified, UL Listed
- Impressive warranty
- No heating
- No humidity sensor
How Do I Install a Netwerks Bathroom Fan with a Bluetooth Speaker
The process of installing a new Netwerks bathroom fan with a Bluetooth speaker isn’t too complicated. Proceed as follows;
- Shut off power to the bathroom fan
- Remove the old bathroom fan
- Unhook the vent and electrical wiring
- Widen the installation space (if necessary)
- Install the new fan’s housing and fix the screws
- Connect the vent and the electrical wires
- Install the fan and fit the grille
- Install the fan’s switch
- You’re done. Turn on the power to test the new installation.
2. Broan NuTone SPK110 Sensonic Bathroom Fan with Bluetooth Speaker
- FAN COMBO: Exhaust fan with built-in Bluetooth Dual High-Fidelity Sensonic Speakers is powerful enough for rooms (including bathroom) up to 105 sq. ft.
- WIRELESS STEREO: Brilliant audio performance concealed behind your fan grille allows audio through most Bluetooth-enabled devices
- EASY INSTALLATION: Easy to install and/or replace existing product for DIY'ers. Fan fits 2"x 8" ceiling construction and includes unique spacer for easy I-joist mounting
- RELIABLE: Motor engineered for continuous operation at 1.0 Sones and 110 CFM for your convenience
- SAFE: This ENERGY STAR* qualified fan is UL listed for use over bathtub or shower when installed with a GFCI protected branch circuit. Type IC for use in direct contact with thermal insulation
NuTone SPK110 is one of the best bathroom vent fan + Bluetooth speaker combos. First off, it’s a 110 CFM fan that guarantees effective ventilation to reduce moisture and minimize mold and mildew risk.
Better still, it’s equipped with a tapered, polymeric 4-inch round duct fitting for easy connection. As for the speaker, it’s a dual high-fidelity sensonic speaker system for exceptional performance.
Other key features of the SPK110 include bright white grilles that easily blend into most ceilings. The unit also features a permanently lubricated AC motor engineered for continuous operation. It is very quiet at just 1.0 Sones.
The SPK110 is HVI-2100 Certified, CUL Listed, and UL Listed. It also connects to a protected GFCI circuit and comes with a 3-year limited manufacturer warranty.
- Powerful 110 CFM fan
- Humidity sensor
- Very quiet at 1.0 sones
- Dual high-fidelity sensonic speakers
- HVI Certified, UL Listed
- 3-year warranty
- No lighting
- No heating
3. Broan NuTone AER110RGBL ChromaComfort 110 CFM Ventilation Fan
- HIGH-QUALITY FAN: Quiet, energy efficient exhaust fan operates with 110 CFM and 1. 5 Sones to help control air quality is powerful enough for rooms (including bathroom) up to 105 sq. ft.
- EFFICIENT: Powerful ventilation reduces humidity to quickly eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture at 110 CFM, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- LIMITLESS COLOR, POWERFUL CONTROL : Create your own personal color experience with 24 selectable colors via the included wall control or over 16 million choices on the free smart phone app
- BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY: Controls enabled with Bluetooth Technology to control the Fan wherever you go, adjust the brilliant lightning with the wireless wall control or with the app
- GREAT FOR BATHROOM: UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by placing your fan exactly where you need it the most
Brona NuTone option on the list, the AER110RGBL, is also a 110 CFM bathroom vent fan designed for up to 105 square-foot bathrooms. It’s rated 1.5 Sones, which is excellent for an exhaust fan.
It comes in 24 different colors. What’s better, you can create your own color on the free smartphone app. Sixteen million color choices are available on the app.
Bluetooth Technology controls the speaker system. Also, it’s one of only a few appliances on this list that has a lighting function. The lighting is controlled through a wireless wall control system or the fan’s app.
The fan is UL Listed for use over the tub and connects to a GFCI protected brand circuit. A 3-year limited manufacturer warranty backs it.
- Powerful at 110 CFM
- Doubles up as light/fan
- Easy wall control
- Endless color options
- Energy Star Certified
- 3-year limited warranty
- No remote control
- No humidity sensor
4. Delta Breez Integrity ITG70BT 70 CFM Exhaust Bath Fan with Bluetooth Speaker
- Quiet operation at 1.0 sones. Installs with two wall switches (not included) to turn on the speaker or the fan - or both at the same time
- Bluetooth 3.0 speaker, 3W and 4 Ohm. Connectivity to most Bluetooth enabled smartphones, laptops and tablets
- Energy Star qualified for efficient cost-saving operation
- Power consumption of 8.4 Watts with an efficiency rating of 10.6 CFM/Watt
- Peace of mind. Quality, performance and reliability from the world's largest DC brushless fan manufacturer
- 0.22 A
The Delta Breeze Integrity ITG70BT is an Energy Star qualified brushless DC motor bathroom vent fan engineered to run continuously for at least 70,000 hours.
It has an airflow rating of 70 CFM, making it ideal for bathrooms in the 70 square-foot range. In terms of quietness, it’s rated 1.0 sones. The unit is also very energy efficient, drawing just one watt for every 8.3 CFM.
The unit includes a built-in Bluetooth 3.0 speaker 3W and 4 Ohm. The speaker’s safety rating is IPX4 for water resistance. As for range, the speaker is audible up to 32 feet away. A blue LED light indicates whether the audio is on or Bluetooth is in pairing mode.
Other features of the ITG70BT include the attractive grille, galvanized steel body, and built-in backdraft damper. The unit is backed by a 3-year limited manufacturer warranty.
- Energy Star qualified
- Quiet operation at 1.0 sones
- Built-in Bluetooth 3.0 speaker
- Compact housing for easy retrofit
- Galvanized steel body
- 3-year limited warranty
- No humidity sensor
- No thermostat
5. Delta Electronics VFB25ADBT Delta BreezSignature Series Fan Stereo
- Energy Star qualified with innovative brushless DC motor technology. Put screws in both ends of wood beyond the 10 1/4 inch hole
- Long-lasting, brushless DC motor engineered to operate minimum 70,000 hours
- Quiet operation at 1.0 sone, so you hear your entertainment, not the Fan, includes a built-in Bluetooth 2.1, stereo speaker 4 ohm 2W x 2
- Speaker safety rating of IPX4 for water resistance, play audio through most Bluetooth wireless devices, attractive grille complements any décor
- Convenient device-to-speaker range of 32', UL and CUL listed for tub/shower enclosure when used with gfci-protected branch circuit wiring
This Wi-Fi-enabled vent fan is a member of the Breeze Signature Series from Breeze Electronics. It’s fitted with a built-in Bluetooth 2.1 stereo speaker 4-ohm 2X x 2, allowing you to play audio through most Bluetooth devices or listen to real-time news and online podcasts. The speaker boasts an impressive range of 32 feet.
The 110 CFM fan is ideal for large bathrooms, up to 110 square feet, and is very quiet at just 1.0 sones. It’s also incredibly efficient, consuming only 14.2 watts per hour, equating to 7.7 CFM/watt. The attractive grille complements any décor.
You’ll love the fact that the VFB25ADBT is UL and cUL Listed. It also supports GFCI wiring and costs just $14.94 to run per year when used 24/7 at maximum speed.
- 110 CFM fan
- Energy Star Qualified
- Quiet operation (1.0 sones)
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.1 stereo speaker
- UL and CUL Listed
- 3-year limited warranty
- No lights
- No humidity sensing
6. HomeWerks 7130-06-BT Decorative White 100 CFM Bluetooth Stereo Speaker
- Delivers crisp clear stereo sound up to 30 ft. Away through the bath Fan
- It also includes an LED white light with a blue night light
- Perfect for the tech-savvy homeowner with a desire to stream audio from their smartphone or tablets into their bathroom
- Package dimensions: 16.0" L x 11.0" W x 18.0" H
Finally, featuring a Bluetooth enabled stereo speaker as well as integrated LED lights + night lights, the model 7130-060-BT stands out as one of the very best bathroom vent fans for tech-savvy homeowners.
The Bluetooth stereo speaker is installed directly into the bath fan wiring, such that turning on the fan simultaneously switches on the speaker. Therefore, there’s no need to recharge the speaker.
The speaker connects to multiple wireless-tech-enabled devices, including phones, tablets, and PCs, and delivers crisp-clear audio audible from up to 30 feet away. After the initial set up, the device automatically pairs with nearby devices. The fan itself is very powerful at 100 CFM and commendably quiet at 1.5 sones.
The 7130-06-BT is made from durable galvanized steel and comes with mounting hardware included. It’s HVI Certified, UL Listed and arrives with quick connect wire connections for easy installation.
- Powerful fan + light combo
- Connects to most Bluetooth devices
- Quiet at 1.5 sones
- Integrated LED light (600 lumens)
- Remote controlled
- 3-year limited warranty
- No integrated heater
- No humidity sensor
Onto the buying process, bathroom exhaust fans with inbuilt Bluetooth speakers are becoming increasingly common.
Therefore, finding one that matches your needs shouldn’t be a big problem. Nevertheless, you still need to keep in mind a few things as you go about your shopping.
What is a Bathroom Exhaust Fan with Bluetooth Speaker?
Let’s begin by understanding what bathroom exhaust fans with Bluetooth speakers look like. How do these appliances even work?
Surprisingly, it’s not a very complicated process. Bathroom ceiling fans with Bluetooth speakers are essentially just an exhaust fan and Bluetooth speaker sitting side-by-side inside the fan housing.
Indeed, in most cases, the two are wired separately. Where this is the case, the speaker is connected to an independent power source. This way, if you want to play music in the bathroom, you must switch on the speaker separately.
A different configuration exists, however, where the fan and speaker are wired to the same switch. These configurations are known as switched supply. In switched supply, the speaker only works when the fan is on. When you switch off the fan, the speaker is automatically switched off too.
Each configuration style has its own advantages. Independent wiring gives you greater control of speaker function. On days when you don’t want any music as you take your shower, all you need to do is keep the Bluetooth speaker switch turned off.
Also, some people, perhaps family members or guests, may not music in the shower at all. Independent wiring easily caters to the needs of these people.
Switched wiring doesn’t give you that level of independence. But it’s a great way to ensure that nobody forgets to turn off the fan when they’re going for a shower. Music lovers, in particular, will always remember to turn on the speaker. By doing so, they’ll also be turning on the exhaust fan.
Benefits of a Bathroom Exhaust Fan with Bluetooth Speaker
There are several key benefits of buying a bathroom exhaust fan with an integrated Bluetooth speaker. These include;
- No need to buy a speaker separately: A few music lovers who can’t shower without some music have opted to buy bathroom Bluetooth speakers separately in the past. A bathroom exhaust fan with inbuilt Bluetooth speakers saves you the trouble. You don’t need to purchase speakers separately.
- Enjoy your bathroom time more: Adding some good music in the shower can significantly boost the mood in the shower. Whether you’re the type listening type or love to sing along to our favorite songs, you’ll have a much better time in the shower.
- Listen to podcasts, news: Yes, if you love podcasts, you no longer have to miss out just because you need to step into the bathroom. You can also listen to the news. A vent fan with an inbuilt Bluetooth speaker allows you to tune in as you take a bath or even in the shower.
- The fans aren’t even expensive: It might sound like a bathroom exhaust fan with an inbuilt Bluetooth speaker would be much more expensive than the standard bathroom fan. That’s rarely the case. Most of the time, the price range is the same. Even where the price is higher, it’s never by a significant margin.
Things to Consider When Choosing the Best Bluetooth Bathroom Fan
Aside from a few speaker qualities, the factors you need to consider here are similar to those you’d think about when buying a regular bathroom exhaust fan. You should prioritize the following;
Fan Size (in CFM)
The size of your bathroom will determine the size of the fan ideal for your needs. A larger bathroom requires a larger (more powerful) fan while, for a smaller bathroom, you need a smaller-size fan. Remember that bathroom fan size is measured in Cubic Feet per Minute, i.e., the air volume it can move per minute.
Noise Rating (in Sones)
Another vital consideration is the quietness of the fan. Most bathroom fans are impressively quiet, which is excellent. Many of them are so quiet you won’t know there’s a fan up there. For models with a Bluetooth fan, the fan needs to be even quieter to not interfere with the quality of music in the bathroom.
Speaker Quality and Performance
Although bathroom fan-embedded Bluetooth speakers aren’t of the highest quality (compared to stand-alone speakers), the quality level varies from one speaker to the next. High-fidelity dual-speaker units, for instance, are excellent. They are loud enough and very clear.
In addition to the three factors above, don’t forget to consider things such as the fan + speaker combo’s physical size, size of the duct system, and extras such as lighting. A great bathroom fan is also easy to install, though the best ones may require professional installation. All these are factors you need to consider.
Finally, consider your budget. How much money are you willing to spend on a bathroom exhaust fan with a Bluetooth speaker? Remember that you save quite a bit when you buy the combo rather than separately purchasing the fan and bathroom speaker.
Benefits of Installing a Humidity Sensing Bathroom Vent Fan
Another key factor you should consider when buying any bathroom vent fan is humidity sensing. Humidity sensing bath fans are the natural evolution of the traditional extractor fan. They are more powerful and smarter because they know when to turn on and when to go off.
How they Work
Humidity sensing bathroom fans have a small sensor built into the fan unit’s housing to monitor the bathroom’s humidity constantly.
When the sensor detects that humidity levels have risen beyond preset levels, it automatically switches the fan. Since there’s a lot of humidity in the bathroom when someone uses the shower, the sensor will automatically turn on the fan during showers.
After it’s turned on, the shower keeps running until humidity levels drop below the preset level, at which point it will automatically turn off the fan. This usually happens several minutes after you get out of the shower.
Benefits of the Humidity-Sensing Bathroom Fan
- Greater convenience: This is the biggest benefit of humidity-sensing fans. You don’t need to worry about switching the fan on or off. Instead, the sensing mechanism does the job for you.
- Greater accuracy: In addition to being more convenient, humidity-sensing fans are also more accurate. They come on exactly when dehumidification is needed and go off as soon as the right humidity level is achieved.
- Potential savings: Although the upfront cost is higher compared to standard fans, over its lifetime, the accuracy of the humidity-sensing fan guarantees significant savings.
- Quieter: humidity-sensing vent fans are much quieter compared to standard bathroom fans. Many of them are rated at one sone or lower.
How Do I Connect My Bluetooth to My Bathroom Fan?
This, too, is a simple process irrespective of the sound source (your mobile phone, a stand-alone speaker, etc.). Assuming that you’re playing music from your phone;
- Turn ON the bathroom fan
- Set your phone to a midrange volume
- On the phone, search for the Bluetooth devices
- From the devices list, select HomeWerks speaker
- Enter the PIN (0000) if prompted
- That’s it! The speaker in the bathroom fan should start playing.
An exhaust fan with bluetooth speaker is a cost-effective way to bring music to your bathroom. Then fans are reasonably priced and guarantee a much-improved bathroom time.
We just want to stress the need for proper maintenance. Never allow water to enter the fans. Also, it’s worth mentioning that although the speakers can maintain multiple pairings, they can only connect to one accessory (phone, home theater, etc.) at a time.