The brand is an essential factor in purchasing an HVAC system. A recognized brand usually means that the product is reliable and has a good warranty. You also want to make sure you get a quality product that will last for many years.
Oxbox and Goodman are two popular brands that have been around for a while and have a good reputation. Both brands offer a variety of models to choose from, so it is essential to compare them to see which one is the best for your needs. So, which one is the better brand?
What is Oxbox HVAC Brand?
Oxbox is among the latest HVAC brand founded in 2019 and is a relatively new company compared to Goodman. However, Oxbox has quickly made a name for itself in the HVAC industry thanks to its innovative products and cutting-edge technology.
Oxbox brand belongs under the same roof (Ingersoll rand)with some HVAC market leaders like Trane, American Standard, and Ameristar. The brand was designed to suit homeowners who wanted Ac Units carrying the Trane name at affordable prices.
Oxbox has since established itself as a force to reckon with by offering quality and durable products globally.
Spotlight on Oxbox HVAC
Oxbox products are known for their quality and innovative design. The company offers a wide range of products to meet the needs of homeowners and businesses alike. The company’s product line includes air conditioners, furnaces, heat pumps, and packaged units.
Oxbox also offers a variety of indoor air quality products such as air purifiers and humidifiers. It also provides outside unit such as condensing units and evaporator coils. The air conditioning systems are available in various models, sizes, and capacities. The units are designed to meet the specific cooling needs of your home or office.
Like most Ac units that carry the Trane name, Oxbox air conditioners are durable and designed to withstand extreme weather conditions. The unit’s main components are field-tested to ensure reliability and long-lasting performance. They also come with various warranty options in case the main components fail (compressor, heat exchanger, or coil).
Oxbox AC units come with various features such as energy-saving modes to ensure the unit’s energy efficiency. Humidity control, remote operation, and timer functions are other features in their air conditioning system.
The furnace line includes gas, oil, and propane models. The furnaces are available in a variety of sizes and capacities. They are also available with various features such as variable speed blowers and two-stage heating.
The heat pump line includes various models, including single and two-stage units. The pumps are available in a variety of sizes and capacities. They are also available with various features such as variable speed blowers and two-stage heating.
Oxbox HVAC Pros and Cons
Below are some pros and cons of using Oxbox HVAC systems;
- Durability: Oxbox components are of high quality and built to last. Oxbox parts are vigorously tested under harsh elements, meaning you’ll get years of top performance from your system.
- Efficiency: The energy-efficient design of Oxbox systems can help you save money on your monthly energy bills.
- Affordability: Oxbox HVAC systems are affordable and easy to install, making them an excellent option for budget-conscious homeowners.
- Superior Indoor Air Quality: Oxbox HVAC systems provide superior indoor air quality, making your home more comfortable and healthy.
- Limited Support: While Oxbox offers a great product, they do not have the same level of support as some of the other brands on the market. This can make it difficult to get help if you have problems with your system.
- Noisy operation: Some Oxbox models can be quite noisy, making it challenging to enjoy peace in your home.
- Not suitable for small places: Oxbox units are not compatible with small places. This limits the potential places to put an Oxbox unit if you have limited spaces in your home.
What is Goodman HVAC Brand
The Goodman brand is one of the most popular and respected names in the HVAC industry. Goodman Manufacturing Company, L.P. is a subsidiary of Daikin Industries, Ltd. Due to this factor, Goodman air conditioners, heat pumps, furnaces, and packaged units are so highly regarded.
Goodman has been manufacturing quality heating and cooling products for over three decades, and their units are some of the most reliable on the market today. Goodman has its headquarters in Huston and Texas with more than 5000 workers and various distribution facilities in the United States.
About Goodman HVAC Systems
Goodman HVAC systems are some of the most popular and reputable in the industry. The brand is committed to providing quality products backed by excellent customer service.
Goodman’s products are known for their reliability, efficiency, and affordable pricing. The products are purely American-made, and all of the manufacturing plants are located in the United States.
Durability is one big selling point for Goodman HVAC systems. The units are designed to withstand even the most extreme weather conditions. The galvanized steel cases enclose the central air conditioner, and the heat pump undergoes a 500-hour spray-salt test to ensure its longevity.
Goodman ac units are also affordable compared to other brands with similar features before installation. The company also brags excellent warranties on all of its products. The standard warranty on most Goodman products is ten years, while the compressor usually has a 5-year warranty.
What separates Goodman from other brands is an advanced technology in their heating and cooling products. Goodman was one of the first manufacturers to use scroll compressors in their units. This made their units more energy-efficient and quieter than those that used reciprocating compressors.
Goodman HVAC Pros and Cons
Here are some benefits and drawbacks of Goodman HVAC units:
- Market leaders in air conditioning systems: Goodman is a market leader in air conditioning systems. The company consistently ranks as one of the top producers of quality AC units. Goodman also offers some of the most energy-efficient models on the market today.
- Reliability: Goodman is known for its reliability. The company’s units are built to last, and they offer a great warranty to back up their products. Goodman also has a stellar customer service reputation.
- Energy: Goodman offers some of the most energy-efficient air conditioners on the market today. Many of the company’s units are ENERGY STAR certified, meaning they meet or exceed government standards for energy saving.
- Durability: The company’s products are designed to withstand heavy use. The units are enclosed in a galvanized steel case that has undergone 500 hours spray-salt test. The guarantees the product will not succumb to corrosion.
- Noisy operation: Goodman air conditioners are generally very quiet, but some models can be noisy. If you’re looking for a silent unit, you may want to consider another brand.
- High up-front cost: Goodman air conditioners tend to be pricier than other brands on the market. While the company’s products are often more energy-efficient and durable than other brands, the high up-front cost may not be worth it for some consumers.
- Lack of additional features: Compared to other brands, Goodman air conditioners lack some features that could make them more appealing to consumers.
- Not as energy-efficient compared to other brands: Although Goodman produces quality units with good SEER ratings, they are not as energy efficient as some competitors.
In-depth Comparison Between Oxbox and Goodman Units
Below we compiled an in-depth comparison between the top models of Goodman and Oxbox to help you make a more informed decision.
1. Air Conditioning Performance
The performance of an air conditioning system is essential because it determines how much cooling power the unit has and how efficiently it uses energy. Both Goodman and Oxbox make units that have good cooling performance.
However, Goodman makes units with high cooling power that use more energy, while Oxbox makes units with lower cooling power that are more energy efficient.
2. Air Conditioner Size and Weight
The size of an air conditioner is crucial because it determines how much space the unit will take up in your home and how difficult it will be to install. Goodman units are generally larger and heavier.
The bulky size means Goodman units may be more challenging to install, but they will cool larger spaces more effectively.
Unlike Goodman units, Oxbox units are smaller and lighter. This makes them easier to install, but they may not be as effective at cooling larger spaces. The unit’s compact size is also an advantage if you have limited space in your home.
3. Noise Levels
The noise level of an air conditioner is an essential consideration since it determines how obtrusive the unit will be in your home. Goodman units tend to be louder than Oxbox units so they may be more disruptive.
Goodman air conditioners have a noise level of 71 to 74 decibels compared to Oxman’s 66 to 69 decibels. This difference in noise levels may not seem like much, but it can be significant if you plan on using the air conditioner in a shared space or a bedroom.
4. Durability and Reliability
The durability of an air conditioner is essential since it determines how long the unit will last. Both brands make durable units that should last for many years with proper maintenance.
Nonetheless, Oxbox edges out Goodman when it comes to durability. Like most units with Trane’s name, Oxbox units have been field-tested for over five years. Their units are built with high-quality materials that withstand more wear and tear.
5. Installation and Maintenance
The installation and maintenance of an air conditioner are essential factors to consider since they will affect how easy it is to keep the unit running. After purchase, both brands offer HVAC contractors to ensure the units are properly installed.
Goodman air conditioners require more maintenance than Oxbox units when it comes to maintenance. This is because Goodman units have more parts that are susceptible to wear and tear. Additionally, the larger size of Goodman units makes them more difficult to access for maintenance.
The cost of an air conditioner is a crucial consideration since it will affect your budget. Goodman units tend to be more expensive than Oxbox units. Goodman units cost about $3,000 to $4,200, while Oxbox costs around $289 to $4000. However, both brands offer financing options that can help make the purchase more affordable.
7. Customer Service
The quality of customer service is vital because it determines how easy it is to get help when you need it. Goodman has excellent customer service, and they offer a wide range of support options, including live chat, email, and phone.
Oxbox also has excellent customer service but only offers email and phone support. While both companies provide adequate support, Goodman’s live chat option gives them an edge.
8. Energy Efficiency
Energy efficiency is essential because it determines how much money you will save on your energy bills over the unit’s life. Goodman is a highly efficient air conditioner with a (SEER) ratio of up to 24.
It uses R-410A refrigerant, which is environmentally friendly and helps the unit cool more effectively. This model also features a variable-speed blower motor, which can help to improve indoor air quality by circulating air more slowly and evenly.
Oxbox has a slightly lower SEER rating of 14, but it still meets Energy Star standards for efficiency. This model uses R-22 refrigerant, which is being phased out due to its negative impact on the environment.
9. Additional Features
Additional features on an HVAC unit can make it more convenient to use and improve the overall quality of your indoor air. Goodman offers a wide range of other features such as a humidity control system, a dehumidifier, and an air purifier.
Oxbox also has several additional features, including a humidistat, an air purifier, and ultraviolet light. These features can help to improve the quality of your indoor air and make the unit more convenient to use.
10. Ease of Use
The ease of use of an air conditioner is crucial because it determines how difficult the unit will be to operate. Goodman units are usually easier to use than Oxbox units.
This is because Goodman units have clear and concise controls that are easy to understand. Additionally, Goodman units come with a user manual that can help you troubleshoot any problems you may have.
Oxbox units are also easy to use, but they can be slightly more complicated than Goodman units. This is because Oxbox units have more features and settings that can be adjusted. Additionally, the user manual for Oxbox units is not as comprehensive as the one for Goodman units.
The design of an air conditioner is important because it determines how well the unit will fit in your home. Goodman units are designed to be installed in a window, while Oxbox units can be wall-mounted or floor-standing.
However, Oxbox units are also designed to be more aesthetically pleasing than Goodman units. This is because Oxbox units have a sleek and modern design that can blend in with your home décor.
Both units are good air conditioners, but Goodman has the edge in features, energy saving, customer service, and ease of use. Oxbox is a good choice if you are looking for a more affordable unit with a modern, sleek design.