Are you considering a quiet wall heater for your home or office?
Wall heaters have many benefits, including their ability to warm the room quietly and efficiently. Unlike fan-forced heaters or other types of space heaters, these units operate silently.
While you may want the quietest wall heater for your home, you have to be aware that most heaters that use electricity are quite costly to operate. However, you can try other cheaper sources f fuel like propane, oil, and natural gas that are usually more economical for residential use.
If you don’t mind the cost of using electric heaters, you should find a quiet electric wall heater for your needs from this review.
Benefits of Wall Heaters
Wall heaters are better than many other types of heaters because of several reasons. Primarily, wall heaters are perfect for use as supplemental sources of heat.
- If you have a primary source of heat at home, then using an energy efficient wall heater to supplement the central heat can go a long way in helping you create a comfortable environment affordably. Using a wall heater as a secondary source of heat helps keep the total heating costs within manageable levels.
- It is relatively easy to install and maintain wall heaters. Once correctly installed, wall heaters remain functional for many years. The durability of wall heaters means that you will not have to spend money on routine maintenance procedures. Additionally, you will not have to spend money replacing your wall heater often.
- Wall heaters are efficient sources of heating for indoor spaces. Typically, wall heaters are designed to ensure the even and rapid distribution of heat within spaces in which they are used.
- Most wall heaters use a down-draft heating mode in which the cold air is drawn in from the top and the heated air distributed from the bottom part. This functioning mode ensures that warmed air is rapidly and quickly distributed to the entire room within brief periods for your comfort.
- It is very convenient to use wall heaters than other sources of heat. When wall heaters are mounted on the wall, they do not take any additional space on the flow.
- Some wall heaters, like gas wall heaters, have elegant designs and can be used as the focal point in indoor spaces. Such wall heaters have a great aesthetic value that you can harness to improve your room’s overall appearance.
How can I Make my Heater Quieter?
Although some heaters are marketed as quiet, others still produce enough noise to distract a conversation in a room. If you intend to use the heater in the bedroom or even the living room, then choosing a brand that is clearly labeled as silent may help you achieve your goals.
At times, you may still find that even the quietest heater produces a buzzing sound that may be irritating to some people. Here are a few things that you can do to make your heater quieter.
- Routine maintenance. Ensure that your heater is functioning correctly by conducting all the standard maintenance procedures recommended by the manufacturer. Heaters that are well maintained operate more smoothly and with less noise than those which are poorly maintained.
- Check and fix loose parts. Loose internal components such as motors and others may produce loud rattling sounds. If you experience this, get a professional technician to help you fix the problem.
- Keep your heater clean. Clean heaters can efficiently take in cold air and pass out heated air efficiently. Clogged heater parts are a common source of unnecessary noise. Occasionally, clean every external part of your heater to ensure that it can pass air smoothly and operate with minimal noise.
Wall Heater Safety Tips
Wall heaters are relatively safe because they are mounted on the walls. One of the significant risks of operating standalone heaters is that they can easily fall when knocked by people passing around. Fallen heaters pose a considerable danger of fires. Hence, having your heater securely mounted on the wall eliminates this danger.
Nevertheless, wall heaters, like any other device in the house, pose risks to everyone at home or anywhere else where they are used. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy the convenience of having a warm indoor environment without running the risks associated with heaters.
- Keep combustibles away from the heater. Combustible materials, including fabrics, papers, and plastics, can catch fire if they contact the surfaces of heaters. Ensure that such materials are far away from your wall heaters to avoid contact and the possibility of fire outbreaks.
- Do not leave your heater on overnight. Regardless of wall heaters being safer than standalone space heaters because they are mounted on walls, leaving them on for the night is not a good idea. It is always advisable to ensure that your heaters are off at night and even when you leave the house.
- Choose the right size of the heater. The physical size of a heater has nothing to do with its heating performance. The heating performance of a heater refers to the area that it can comfortably warm. Choosing the right wall heater for your home or office can help you maintain the heating costs within manageable levels and avoid the dangers of having an overworked heater. Check the surface of the heater for information about the heating capacity.
Quietest Wall Heater Reviews
1. Stelpro ARWF1501TW Pulsair Ultra Quiet Electric Wall Heater
No products found.
The Stelpro ARWF1501TW is a small but versatile wall heater that operates silently regardless of having a small fan that aids the dispersion of heat. One of the most significant features of the heater relates to the level of convenience.
You can either vent it horizontally or vertically according to your preference. Also, it is possible to have it on the surface of the wall or recessed. This decision largely depends on the perceived role of the heater in your interior décor scheme.
The inbuilt thermostat can be a handy tool when you need to tailor the heater’s performance to your requirements. By setting the heater to operate within the desired temperature range, you can keep your living room’s conditions cozy as long as you want.
As it is expected, all good products have specific weaknesses. The most significant drawback of using this heater relates to the installation process. Whether you would like to vent it horizontally or vertically, it will be wise to procure a certified professional’s services.
- Designed for either vertical or horizontal mounting (recessed or surface mounting)
- It has an automatic safety cutoff switch to prevent overheating
- The inbuilt adjustable thermostat provides a convenient means of controlling the heater
- The installation process is quite technical
2. Cadet CEC163TW Energy Plus Wall Heater
- SIMPLE: Made with an onboard digital thermostat with simple to use push button controls, a large digital display, and no complicated programming for ease of use
- SAFE: Our heater has been designed with a thermal safeguard protection that turns off the heater if the normal operating temperatures are exceeded
- EASILY UPDATE OLD HEATERS: You can use the same wall can as many Cadet Com-Pak series units, so no wall patchwork or additional wall board cut outs should be required
- COMFORT: Experience more comfort with precise and consistent temperature control and an auto-adjusting fan speed to eliminate wide temperature swings while delivering quiet and comfortable heat
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: This heater comes as a complete unit with a wall can, heat box, grille, and a digital thermostat
If you are looking for a silent wall heater that consistently delivers excellent and precise heating performance, it is worth considering the Cadet CEC163TW. It has a digital thermostat that is entirely accurate and can be used to adjust the heater’s heating performance according to one’s preferences.
Besides, this heater’s fan speed automatically adjusts to ensure that the living space’s overall temperature is maintained according to your desires. You can sit back and enjoy a cozy environment instead of repeatedly having to adjust the heating settings of the device when the temperature changes.
It is entirely safe to use this heater even when you plug it into a mains circuit with a different voltage. It has a sensor that automatically adjusts the voltage in line with that of the power supply.
The only notable drawback of using this heater is that its surface heats up after some time. Although this is not a big issue if you have the heater mounted on the wall at a height that kids and pets cannot easily reach it, you may still have to take precautions if you have to touch it.
- High-quality heating, thanks to the auto-adjusting fan speed
- The power supply smart sensor maximizes the safety level of the heater
- You can use the inbuilt digital thermostat to deliver precise and personalized heating
- The surface of the heater becomes quite hot
3. Stiebel Eltron 074057 240-Volt 2000-Watts Wall Mounted Electric Fan Heater
- Surface mount design
- Quality construction
- Quiet operation
- Built in thermostat for maximum comfort
- Reliable performance
The Stiebel Eltron 074057 is a sleek and uniquely designed wall heater that can enhance the overall décor of your home.
It has a nice curved body that beautifully protrudes from the body to form an excellent focal point. Whether you have modern or classic interior design, this heater can perfectly blend to enhance your house’s general look.
Apart from aesthetic value, this heater scores highly in terms of performance, user-friendliness, and convenience. It has an inbuilt thermostat that you can conveniently use to adjust its heating temperature according to your house’s heating requirements.
As you would expect, this heater produces minimal noise when operating. It is ideal for use even in bedrooms where silence is critical. The heater remains in the background that you can hold conversations in the living room in which it is installed without experiencing distractions.
However, you will have to contend with the limited heating capacity of this heater. If you have a large indoor space that needs to be warmed, then the Stiebel Eltron 074057 may not be the right choice.
- Modern design and unique shape provide aesthetic value
- Personalized heating using the inbuilt thermostat
- The heater operates silently and is ideal for use even in bedrooms
- Unsuitable for heating large indoor spaces
4. KING PAW2422-W PAW Electric Wall Heater
- Original Pic-A-Watt Element
- Multiple wattage options, to tailor to a room’s specific heating requirements
- Patented Smart Limit Protection
- Whisper Quiet Squirrel Cage Blower
- Wall can w/ QuickSet stud tabs
Although the KING PAW2422-W PAW Electric Wall Heater has all the features that you would expect to find in a heater designed to heat mid to large-sized spaces silently, its Pic-A-Watt element makes it stand out.
You can use this unique aspect of the heater to select the most appropriate wattage conveniently. Using this element helps to keep heating costs within manageable levels and maintain a very comfortable environment.
This heater has excellent controls that you can use for your convenience. The one-dial controls are easy to use and conveniently placed to ensure that you have a comfortable indoor environment without a fuss.
Besides, the digital thermostat is quite accurate in reading the ambient temperature. You can rest assured that the heater will perform according to your needs once you selected the desired temperature.
If you choose to install the KING PAW2422-W PAW Electric Wall Heater in your house, then be prepared to complete heavy routine maintenance procedures. Keeping the heater in good shape helps to increase its lifetime and ensure that it performs flawlessly.
- One can use the Pic-A-Watt element to personalize the heating performance of the heater
- The heater has excellent controls, including the digital thermostat
- Great heating capacity sufficient for areas as large as 400 square feet
- The heater requires a lot of routine maintenance procedures
5. Stiebel Eltron 074058 120-Volt 1500-Watts Wall Mounted Electric Fan Heater
- Surface mount design
- Quality construction
- Quiet operation
- Built in thermostat for maximum comfort
- Reliable performance.Heat output for the CK 15E is 5122 BTU/hr
The Stiebel Eltron 074058 is a small and stylish wall heater that provides reliable performance in small spaces. You can take advantage of its sleek and unique design to enhance your room’s look by placing it as the focal point. Moreover, its white finish easily blends with all décor types.
The heater effectively provides even heating for maximum comfort. It draws in cold air from the top and then disperses hot air from the bottom. This mode of operation ensures that the room is adequately warmed to avoid the development of cold spots.
If you need to personalize the performance of your Stiebel Eltron 074058, you can use either the inbuilt thermostat or the anti-frost setting.
The anti-frost setting lets you ensure that the heater starts working when the temperature drops to the freezing point. The inbuilt thermostat enables you to determine the ideal temperature range at which the heater should operate.
- Its modern design and sleek look are aesthetically pleasing
- The down-draft design of the heater helps to provide even heating for maximum comfort
- Built-in thermostat for personalized heating
- Unsuitable for heating large rooms that exceed 200 square feet
6. Broan-NuTone 9815WH Grille Heater with Built-In Adjustable Thermostat
- WALL HEATER: Wall heater provides an energy-saving heating supplement to your home while operating at 1500W and 120V but can easily convert to 1500W at 240V
- FUNCTIONAL DESIGN: White grille has contemporary styling with radius edges, straight louvers, and subtle contours for a clean, attractive appearance
- EASY TO USE: Heater is permanently lubricated and never needs oiling or disassembly, while an adjustable, front-mounted thermostat offers a simple way to control the level of heat
- TRUSTWORTHY: UL listed unit includes a fan-delay switch allows element to warm-up before the fan starts, while a quiet, thermally protected motor that shuts off in the event of overheating
- SUPPLEMENTAL HEAT: Wall heaters are intended to be used as an additional heat source, not as the primary source of heat
One of the most notable features of this heater is its ability to warm up the room and maintain a comfortable environment rapidly. It has a particular alloy heating element that provides the much-needed heat in a matter of seconds.
Additionally, the heater releases warm air from the bottom. This down-draft mode of operation is useful in ensuring even distribution of heat in spaces.
You do not have to worry about distractions when using this heater. Its motor is permanently oiled to prevent the production of unnecessary noise. More so, the transverse blower of the heater operates silently.
Sadly, installing this heater is not a walk in the park. You may undoubtedly need to be well-experienced in mounting heaters to get it up and running. If not, then it may be wise to get a skilled technician to handle the process for you.
- Easy control using either the inbuilt thermostat or a wall controller
- Ultra-silent operation
- Sufficient warming of rooms because the transverse blower circulates air downwards
- The installation process is sophisticated
Wall heaters are the kind of space heating units that you won’t have mixed reactions about – you’ll either love or hate them. If you love them, they can be great supplemental and safe space heaters that will save you floor space.
All the products on this list are electric wall heaters. However, you can use propane wall heaters or natural gas wall heaters that are more energy-efficient than electric models.