Central air systems are excellent air conditioning systems, but they take time to cool your home. You can’t also condition one room and leave the rest, which is you need to consider a 6000 BTU window air conditioner to spot cool that one room you use frequently.
Apart from being small, these units are highly affordable; you’d even purchase for under 200 dollars. However, they are less powerful and can only be used in small rooms up to 150 to 250 square feet.
In this review, you’ll find some of the best 6000 BTU window air conditioners for your money. Some of these units don’t come with remote control, so you’ll be forced to adjust the temperature and other settings using the mechanical controls. Fortunately, they still do a great job of beating the heat during the hot summer months.
Best 6000 BTU Window Air Conditioner
1. LG LW6017R 6,000 BTU 115V Window Air Conditioner
The LG LW6017R 6,000 BTU window fan can cool spaces up to 260 square feet. It has three fan speeds for flexible cooling and a dehumidifier, which can remove 1.8 pints of moisture per hour, making it a good fit for humid areas.
This window AC has an 11.3 energy efficiency ratio and is equipped with multiple features that will save you energy while maintaining adequate cooling for your space. The energy saver mode will help you stop unnecessary use of power by stopping the fan when the compressor stops cooling.
The fan will turn on in three-minute intervals to check the temperature, only re-engaging the compressor when more cooling is needed. It also has a programmable thermostat with variable temperatures between 60-80 degrees Fahrenheit and a fan-only mode to circulate air when cooling is not required.
This 6,000 BTU window air conditioner installs easily in window spaces between 21-35 inches wide, and a full installation kit comes with the purchase.
- It has multiple cooling and fan speeds.
- Automatic restart in case of a power surge or outage.
- Washable and reusable air filter.
- Remote controlled.
- 2-way air directions.
- It has variable temperature ranges between 60-80 degrees F.
- This unit does not pass energy star qualifications.
- It has no insect barrier or intrusion protection.
2. Frigidaire FFRE0633S1 Window Air Conditioner
The Frigidaire FFRE0633S1 is a robust and compact air conditioner perfect for rooms up to 250 square feet. It operates quickly and quietly to cool your room both day and night. It can also dehumidify up to 1.3 pints per hour
It features a 24-hour timer that allows you to preset your unit to turn on or off in ½ hour increments. This way, your home stays cool at all times without using too much power. The unit also has an automatic restart feature that lets the unit resume operation with all previous settings intact after a power outage.
In addition to that, the Frigidaire FFRE0633S1 has washable antibacterial filters that keep your indoor environment healthy and comfortable. It also has a “clean filter” indicator that notifies you when your filter needs cleaning when you forget.
This Frigidaire unit installs easily without significant adjustments to your window frame.
- It provides cooling, dehumidification (dry), and ventilation (fan-only mode) functions.
- 6-way airflow directions.
- It operates quietly, producing only 51 dB noise at low speed.
- Energy star qualified.
- It has a full feature remote control.
- It has a 1-year warranty on parts and labor.
- This unit is a bit pricey.
3. MIDEA MAW06R1BWT Window Air Conditioner
The MIDEA MAW06R1BWT is an excellent 6000 BTU Window AC choice for homeowners. It is affordable and packs a powerful punch of cooling air for those hot summer days.
It performs three functions. These include standard air conditioning, dehumidification, and ventilation (fan-only mode). You can easily choose and change between these modes using the little buttons on the front display, or you can use the remote and do the same from across the room.
This unit features a 24-hour timer, which you can set to turn the unit on and off as you wish, and in “sleep mode,” the temperature automatically adjusts to match your body’s heat to keep you comfortable even as you sleep.
It also features an Eco energy saver mode that shuts off the unit’s compressor when it reaches the set temperature. All these features help keep your energy bills low at the end of the month.
It is easy to install and doesn’t require any significant adjustments to your window frame. It can fit spaces between 23 inches – 36 inches wide and 15.5 inches high. A full mounting kit comes with the package.
- It cools spaces up to 250 square feet.
- Auto restarts with all previous settings intact.
- It has a 4-way directional fan with three speeds for even and controlled cooling.
- It has a washable filter and a “clean filter” alert.
- 1-year warranty on parts and labor
- Customer service is unsatisfactory for most customers.
4. Friedrich Chill CP06G10B 6000 BTU Window Air Conditioner
The Friedrich chill CP06G10B churns out 6,000 BTUs of cooling power enough to cool up to 250 square feet. It features 4-way airflow for even air distribution, three cooling and fan speeds, and an energy-saving mode to help you cut energy costs.
This unit is energy star qualified, meaning it uses 15-20% less energy than most appliances that do not qualify. Moreover, it is perfect for small bedrooms and home offices because it operates very quietly, generating less than 50 dB on the lowest fan speed setting.
You can install this Friedrich air conditioner in standard vertical sash windows or through a wall, and the package comes with installation accessories for each type of install. It also includes a 6-foot, 115V power cord that runs left or right through the side of the unit’s cabinet for flexible integration into your space.
- It has 4-way airflow directions.
- It is Energy Star qualified.
- It comes with a remote.
- It operates quietly.
- It has a 24-hour programmable timer.
- It has a dehumidification capacity of 1.8 pints an hour.
- Equipped with heavy-duty side curtains that help reduce exterior noise and light
- It does not have a sleep mode, so you may have to wake up a few times at night to adjust the Ac settings for you to stay comfortable.
- It’s pricey.
5. Koldfront WAC6002WCO 6050 BTU 120V Window Air Conditioner
The Koldfront WAC6002WCO ensures you enjoy an endless cool breeze all summer. It produces 6,050 BTU cooling capacity – 120V, and a whopping 12.1 EER rating enough to cool spaces up to 250 square feet.
It can fit into window spaces between 22 inches-36 inches wide and 13-14.5 inches high. The AC is quick to set up, and all installation accessories come with the package. Furthermore, this window AC does not require a wall sleeve.
This 6,050 BTU window AC comes with a remote that gives you control of the unit from anywhere in the room. It has several energy-saving features, which include a sleep mode, an eco-energy saver mode, and a digital programmable thermostat that give you total control over the amount of cool you need, and how often the unit runs per day.
The unit has washable filters and a maintenance alert that will remind you to clean the filter to keep the unit running without any glitches or risk of damage.
- It has 4-way air direction louvers.
- It has a thermostat for more controlled climate control.
- The unit includes a remote control.
- Energy star qualified with 12.3 EER.
- It uses the standard NEMA 5-15p plug.
- It has three fan speeds.
- It has a 2-year warranty on parts and labor.
- The unit is too noisy when the fan is on high speed.
6. Danby DAC060EB1WDB 6000 BTU Window Air Conditioner
The Danby DAC060EB1WDB air conditioner is efficient and can provide fast cooling for your living space. With a 6,000 BTU cooling capacity, it is perfect for small living rooms, bedrooms, and office spaces between 150-250 square feet.
It uses the environmentally friendly R32 refrigerant, which has a global warming potential that is three times lower than the common R410a refrigerant. This 6,000 BTU air conditioner also has a multi-speed fan with three-speed settings and 4-way air directions that ensure even cooling for your room.
The Danby DAC060EB1WDB also features electronic controls with LED display on the front panel for easy control. It also has a remote that doubles as a thermostat allowing for more precise climate control. It also has washable and reusable air filters that make maintenance of this unit a walk in the park.
This 6,000 BTU air conditioner is easy to install and comes with a 12-month warranty on parts and labor.
- It uses an environmentally friendly refrigerant.
- It features a 24-hour programmable timer.
- It has a remote control with “follow me” technology.
- Sleep mode keeps you comfortable at night while saving energy.
- It has washable filters.
- Easy to install.
- 12-month warranty on parts and labor
- You have to unmount and store the unit during the winter months to avoid damage.
You don’t have to crank up your central unit every time. You can supplement your primary unit using one of the best 6000 BTU window air conditioners I have reviewed and still save on your cooling bills.
You can’t use a 6000 BTU air conditioner as your primary cooling unit, but only in small rooms up to 250 square feet. If your room or office is bigger than this, you should choose an air conditioner with more cooling capacity so that it can efficiently perform.
Here is a list of other larger window units you can consider