If you’re looking for an air conditioning system, but your room doesn’t have windows, or want to maintain window view, or save floor space, try the best through the wall air conditioner with heat.
These units essentially function the same way window units do. The only difference is that they’re installed in a hole in an exterior wall. They’re also heavier than window ac, so you have to install a sleeve.
As you start shopping around for the best through the wall air conditioner, you’ll come across two options; one that only cools and another that cools and heats.
The benefit of choosing an air conditioner heater combo is that you won’t need to buy a space heater during winter. Your cooling and heating needs are therefore taken care of.
Best Through The Wall Air Conditioners With Heat Comparison Table
What is a Through the Wall Air Conditioner?
Also known as wall-mounted air conditioners, wall sleeve ACs, or just wall ACs, a through-the-wall air conditioner is an air conditioner that installs into the exterior wall of a building such that the front of the AC is fully exposed to the indoors and the back of the unit exposed to the outdoors.
Aside from the variation in installation method, through-the-wall air conditioners work exactly like any other AC. The units use some form of fuel (usually electricity) to pump heat out of the home. This can be especially useful in the warmer (summer) months when the indoors get a tad too warm.
Through the Wall vs. Window Air Conditioners
Through-the-wall air conditioners are often compared (or contrasted) with window ACs with heat. The two are more or less similar both in appearance and concept. Indeed, some products can work in either setting –as a window or through-the-wall ACs.
Nevertheless, you must understand the few differences between the two. These differences include;
- Exhaust mechanism: Through-the-wall ACs vent exhaust gases strictly through the back whereas most window models exhaust through the walls and sides. It means that if you install a window AC through the wall, the sides would be blocked, which would also block a few vents.
- Storage options: As you’d imagine, through-the-wall ACs must stay in place at all times, otherwise you’d have a hole in your walls. You can’t take the units out for storage. Window ACs, however, can be uninstalled and stored during the winters without much trouble.
- Installation process: Window ACs are generally easier to install compared to their through-the-wall counterparts. They also don’t leave a permanent mark (hole) on your wall. Through-the-wall models, by comparison, require a little more effort to install.
- Efficiency: Through-the-wall air conditioners are generally more efficient than window ACs. The exhaust (heat) is completely ferried outside the house. Window ACs, meanwhile, tend to vent a small percentage of the exhaust back into the room.
Factors to Consider when Buying a Through the Wall Heat Pump
Through-the-wall ACs come in a wide range of styles and designs. The following considerations should help you pick the right one for your needs.
Room Size (in Sq. Ft.)
The very first thing you want to consider is how much space you’re looking to air condition. What’s the size of the room in square feet? Since most rooms are either rectangular or square, the easiest way to determine the area is to multiply the length by width.
One more thing to remember here is that wall ACs only serve one room. The unit you install in the kitchen won’t help much in the adjacent dining area. You’ll need a separate wall AC for those other rooms.
Once you know the size of the area you’re looking to air condition, identify ACs rated in that range. There are two things to remember here. First, most manufacturers usually provide an estimated cooling area for each product. You’ll likely find the ideal cooling area for the AC displayed on the product label.
Secondly, the Consumer Reports suggest 20 BTU of cooling per square foot plus 600 BTU for every additional occupant. Therefore, for a 600-Sq. Ft. room, you’d need 600 x 20 = 12,000 BTU if only one person uses the room and 12,000 + (3 x 600) = 13,800 BTU if four people typically use the room at any given time.
Unfortunately, air conditioners always make noise to a degree. However, that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t try to find a less noisy model.
Ideally, you want to shop in the 50dB to 60dB range. But, if you can find an even quieter model, then wonderful. The only time you should consider a louder option is if it has some important features that you feel are a must-have.
Energy Efficiency (EER)
Air conditioners don’t use up a lot of energy. But, you want to know what you’re getting anyway. So, always check the product’s Energy Efficiency Rating (EER). The EER value is the cooling capacity per hour in BTU divided by the energy consumed per hour in kilowatts.
The lower the EER value, the better the unit as it means that the AC uses very little energy per hour. The most energy-efficient units are typically pricier. But, it’ll save you hundreds (if not more) in running costs yearly.
Size of the AC (dimensions)
The reason the dimensions of the AC become important is that you’ll be boring a hole in your wall. The larger the AC, the bigger the required hole.
Most units are in the 15 inches (high) x 25 inches (wide) x 20 inches (deep i.e. distance between the front and the back) range. Make sure to pick a size that leaves a sufficient area for ventilation. Also, pick one that matches the thickness of your wall.
The wall sleeve is a thin piece of metal installed to hold the outside portion of the air conditioner. There are two main options to pick from – slide-out chassis and through-the-wall sleeves.
A slide-out sleeve allows for venting via the back as well as the sides. They can be used with either window or through-the-wall ACs. Indeed, they are most often used where a window AC is being replaced by a through-the-wall AC.
Through-the-wall sleeves, meanwhile, only vent through the rear side, therefore can only work with through-the-wall ACs. They’re ideal for thicker walls.
Since we’re interested in models with heating capability, it’s also crucial to consider the quantity and quality of heat that you’ll be getting. What’s the amount of heat in BTU? Would it be a sufficient amount for the room during the cold weather or would you need a supplementary heat source?
Just so you know, ACs with a heating function warm the home by working in the reverse. Instead of drawing warm air from your room and dumping it outside, during the winter months, they draw warm air from the outdoors are dump it inside your home.
There are many other factors to consider, including voltage, dehumidification, and convenience features. For voltage, most wall ACs are rated at 115V (anything between 114V to 126V is considered standard). However, some heavy-duty models require 220-240 volts which may necessitate special wiring.
When it comes to dehumidification, all ACs dehumidify – to a small extent. If humidity is a major problem for you during the warmer months, consider models with “Dry Mode” as this mode allows more water vapor to condense.
Finally, convenience features include things like sleep mode, remote control, smartphone control, and energy saver mode.
Dealing with Wall Mounted Air Conditioner Noise
As already mentioned, through-the-wall ACs make a bit of noise. This noise can sometimes become irritating or even impact the quality of life inside the house.
The following are a few tips to deal with the noise;
- Buy a relatively quiet AC: This is the first step to reducing AC noise in your home. A quieter air conditioning unit will generate less noise, thus give you the peace of mind you crave. And, don’t just look at the dB rating; read the noise reviews too.
- Choose the right size AC: While the larger ACs (BTU-wise) are great, one that’s too big for the room will be triggered on and off a lot, resulting in loud noises. Choosing the right size AC prevents the on-off operation.
- Ensure proper installation: A through-the-wall AC that isn’t installed properly will likely make noises. For instance, if some of the screws are not fitted properly, or not fitted at all, you’ll hear lots of rattling sounds. The same applies if the sleeve isn’t installed properly.
- Keep the AC clean: Very often, the noises from the AC are caused by a blockage. Perhaps it’s dirt in the grills or obstructions caused by debris somewhere within the unit. When this happens, the heater has to run more forcefully. Weekly checks can help prevent this issue.
- Take advantage of quieter modes and convenience features: Sleep Mode (where available), for instance, runs more smoothly, making very little noise. Using the timer to start the AC perhaps 30 minutes before you get home can also save you from the blasting sounds made when the unit is starting.
Through the-Wall AC FAQs
Even after reading the reviews and buying tips, you may still a few questions. The following are answers to wall AC FAQs;
- How much does a wall AC cost?
It depends. The majority of through-the-wall ACs are priced between $300 and $1,000. These prices vary based on several factors including AC size (in BTU), efficiency, build quality, brand, features, and whether it works as a supplemental heater.
- What wall AC sizes are available?
There are many sizes. The majority, however, are sized between 8,000 BTU and 25,000 BTU, with models in the 8,000 BTU to 14,000 BTU being especially common.
- What’s EER vs. CEER?
Both of these are values used to rate the efficiency of an air conditioner. EER is short for Energy Efficiency Rating while SEER is Combined Energy Efficiency Ratio. EER is the older rating while CEER is a newer way to rate ACs. The main difference is that, unlike EER, CEER also takes into consideration the energy consumed while the unit is plugged in but not running. CEER values are typically lower than EER values.
- Can I DIY-install a wall AC?
Yes, you can, as long as you have the necessary skills and tools. Also, DIY is much easier if you already have a hole through your wall and a sleeve ready for installation. If those two aren’t ready or if you need to adjust either the hole or sleeve, then it’s advisable to seek professional help.
- How can I seal my wall AC?
If you call in an expert for the installation, they’ll know what to do. However, if you’re installing the unit on your own, you’ll need foam inserts. Fortunately, nearly all wall ACs come with enough foam inserts for the job. However, you can also purchase the inserts at the nearest hardware store. For finer sealing, consider caulking around the unit.
- How can I clean my wall AC?
Cleaning a wall AC isn’t difficult. Begin by taking off the grill. In most cases, you won’t need to unscrew anything. Just flip the grill up/down gently and it’ll come off. Once that’s done, flip out the filter and clean it (or change it if necessary). You can clean it by wiping or washing it with fresh water and soap. Finally, brush off the dust/dirt using a soft brush or vacuum clean it with a not-so-powerful vacuum cleaner.
Top 8 Best Through The Wall Air Conditioners With Heat
1. LG LT1037HNR Through-The-Wall Air Conditioner with Heat
- Your purchase includes One LG 10,000 BTU Air Conditioner with 11,200BTU suplemental Heater, in White | Through-the-Wall Remote Control & Installation Kit included
- Air conditioner dimensions – 24” W x 14.41” H x 20.09” D | Weight – 78 lbs. | Indoor Noise Max rating – 56 dB | Voltage – 230V 60Hz
- Cooling Performance – 9,800/10,000 BTU | Heating Performance – 9,200/11,200 | Dehumidification: 3.2 pts/hr. | Estimated cooling area – 450 Sq. Ft. | Estimated heating area – 450/550 Sq. Ft. | Refrigerant – R410A | CEER – 9.7/9.7
- The cool and the heat mode is available for year-round use, keeping you cool during hot summers and warm during cold winters
- Operate with LED display and simple selection control panel, up/down temperature adjustments, and fan speed selection, using the full-featured remote without leaving your bed, workspace, or couch
Enjoy your home in total comfort, no matter the season with this LG LT1037HNR that provides reliable cooling and heating.
It provides 10,000 BTUs of cooling and 11, 200 BTUs of heating power that can treat a space up to 440 square feet. It also has a dry airflow to prevent excess moisture in your room.
Operating this ac is easy thanks to the digital interface and the remote control that allows you to adjust the temperature or select your preferred mode from a distance.
You don’t have to leave your ac running when you go to work or wait until you get home to cool or heat. The 24-hour timer allows you to program it to turn on or off as you set time so that you can come to an already conditioned or heated space.
Featuring an Energy-Saver mode, automatic restart, dehumidifying mode, fan mode, this air conditioner is a smart addition to your home.
You can install this air conditioner on your wall if you have an existing, standard 26-Inch wall sleeve using the included universal fit. However, new sleeves are sold separately.
- Up to 24 hours of operation can be set.
- 2 fan speeds, 2 cooling speeds, and 2 heating speeds for personalized comfort
- Dry mode to prevent excess moisture in the room
- It fits the wall sleeve used for other similar product brands.
- Special 230-volt/20-amp electrical outlet required.
- It requires professional installation. If not, it will rattle and get noisy
2. Koldfront WTC8001W Through the Wall Air Conditioner with Heater
- 8,000 BTU cooling - 890 W/7.8A; 4,200 BTU heating - 1320W/12.0A Dimensions: 14.5" H x 24.2" W x 20.3" D
- 300-350 sq. ft. coverage area; Remote control included; 2 year warranty
- 4-way air directional louvers; Three (3) fan speeds; Four (4) operation modes
- Compatible with the Koldfront wall air conditioner sleeve (WTCSLV) sold separately; to purchase with the sleeve see model WTC8001WKIT
- Note: Heat function is only intended to provide supplemental heating in addition to an existing heat source.
If you want to enjoy a more refreshing and comfortable room at an affordable cost, then the Koldfront WTC8001W is what you need.
Engineered to keep your home comfortable at any time of the year, Koldfront WTC8001W supplies up to 8,000 BTUs of cooling power as well as 3,500 BTUs of electric heating power.
The ac works best in rooms between 300-350 square feet. The heater, which should be used to supplement an already existing heating system, serves rooms up to 100 square feet.
When the outside temperature isn’t hot enough to warrant cranking the ac, you can turn on the fan-only mode to circulate fresh air. It has three speeds with an auto option that picks the best fan speed to meet your desired temperature.
Take advantage of the electronic thermostat, digital display, and remote to customize your cooling needs. The 4-way directional louvers let you focus air where you need it most.
With its 9.6 Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER), a sleep function, and energy-saver mode, this air conditioner delivers an efficient cooling performance.
- Efficient cooling and heating performance thanks to the energy saver mode and the sleep function
- It has multiple operating modes, including fan and dehumidifier.
- Setting this unit up on your room’s wall is easy as it’s compatible with other wall sleeves.
- New wall sleeves are sold separately
- You can’t adjust the internal programming because it has a default variance of about 3-4 degrees above or below the temperature you specify.
3. Keystone Through-The-Wall Air Conditioner with Heat Capability
- ENERGY STAR-RATED COOLING: With a 10. 6 energy efficiency ratio (EER), this 10, 000 BTU through the wall air conditioner can effectively cool rooms up to 450 sq. ft and dehumidify up to 2. 3 pints per hour. (Product is not suitable for window installation). Perfect for large bedrooms, living rooms, or family rooms.
- TEMPERATURE SENSING “FOLLOW ME” REMOTE CONTROL: With a thermostat built into the remote control, say good-bye to uneven room temperatures. The remote makes it easier to control the unit from anywhere in the room and its integrated thermostat signals the AC to cool the space based on where you are.
- FRONT-ACCESS FILTER: Let’s face it. Filters collect dust. With our front-access design, cleaning that dusty filter is a piece of cake. Simply pull it out, vacuum or rinse and dry, and slide back into place. No hassle and no disassembly required.
- FIT: This air conditioner will fit in your existing 24. 5” to 27” sleeve. We it. At 20. 3” D x 24. 2” W x 14. 5” H, we provide the foam seals and installation kit necessary to retrofit your existing sleeve. If you don’t have a sleeve, the matching Keystone KSTSLV1 is also available for purchase (sold separately).
- ENERGY-CONSCIOUS OPTIONS: While there are 3 cooling modes and 3 fan speeds pre-programmed, you have flexibility. The Auto option will automatically ramp up and down the fan speed to keep you’re pre-set temperature constant. The Energy-saver mode conserves energy and saves you money by turning off the compressor once your desired temperature is reached.
Keystone provides some of the best through-the-wall air conditioners ranging from 8000 to 14000 BTUs. Not all of them have an in-built heater, so let’s focus on the Keystone 10, 000 BTU 230V through-the-wall air conditioner with 10, 600 BTU supplemental heat capability. It’s ideal for rooms up to 450 square feet or small apartments.
This wall AC has 3 cooling speeds and 3 fan speeds that you can adjust depending on how you feel. If you want the unit to reach your set temperature quickly, you can use the fastest speed. However, if you want to maintain a certain temperature, use the slow speed.
All the money-saving features are available, including energy saver mode, sleep mode, and a programmable 24-hour timer. While it’s not energy-star rated, it does have a decent 10.9 EER.
You can use the electronic controls or the temperature sensing LCD remote control to choose your settings and adjust the temperature from anywhere in the room without getting out of your comfy chair. The LED display will show you the current temperature and other settings you’ve chosen.
This unit is almost 75 pounds, so you’ll need an extra pair of hands before installing it. You also have to purchase a wall sleeve that is sold separately. Before you ahead to install this unit, make sure you have a 230-volt/20-amp electrical Outlet because it won’t operate with a standard 115V household electrical Outlet.
- Energy conscious conditioner with superior heating and cooling system.
- LED display and a temperature sensing LCD remote control
- 3 cooling speeds and 3 fan speeds
- Wall sleeve is sold separately
- Requires 230-volt/20-amp electrical outlet
4. Emerson Quiet Kool Through The Wall Heat and Cool Combo
- QUIET COOLING AND HEATING: This through the wall air conditioner (14, 000 BTU cooling / 10, 600 BTU heating) efficiently cools and heats up to 700 sq. ft. At 57dB, this unit is among the quietest in the industry, making it ideal for family rooms and other medium to large sized rooms. (Product is not suitable for window installation)
- EXCLUSIVE 1-2-5 : Your Emerson Quiet Kool Wi-fi enabled air conditioner comes with an industry-exclusive 1-2-5 that covers 1 year of labor, 2 years of parts, and 5 years on the compressor. Buy and use with confidence.
- LCDI NEMA 6-20P PLUG: 4. 8 ft power cord with special LCDI NEMA 6-20P plug requires 230 volt/20 amp outlet, and is unable to be plugged into a standard 115V electrical outlet.Application area Cooling EPA (sp. ft):550
- SPLIT AIR EXHAUST VENTS: Two air exhaust vents (instead of one) combine with three fan speeds to give you 8-way flexibility to direct the flow of air where you want it when you want it.
- PROGRAMMABLE TIMER AND SLEEP MODE: Integrated 24-hour timer can be set via on-board controls, remote control, phone/tablet app, or voice controls. Intelligent sleep mode goes one step further by slowly adjusting the temperature and fan speed to keep you comfortable overnight while saving you energy and money.
- SMART-FIT SIZING: With dimensions of 20. 3” D x 24. 2” W x 14. 5” H, this Emerson Quiet Kool through the wall air conditioner was designed with Smart-Fit dimensions, meaning it will fit any 24. 5” to 27” wall sleeve you have. Included foam insulation with help you retro-fit your sleeve to this new design. Don’t have a sleeve? Remember to check the dimensions prior to purchasing.
Designed for rooms up to 700 square feet, the Emerson Quiet Kool is a 4-in-1 air conditioner that provides 14,000 BTU of cooling power as well as 10,600 BTU of supplemental heating. Additionally, it also works as a fan to boost air circulation and a dehumidifier to remove excess moisture from your home.
It’s fairly quiet at 57 dB and features two exhaust vents (most ACs have one) that combine with the three fan speeds to give you 8-way indoor comfort options. Other features of the Quiet Cool include a programmable timer, Wi-Fi control, Sleep Mode, and remote control.
The unit requires a 230V/20amp outlet and fits sleeves between 24.5 inches to 27 inches. It’s backed by a 1/2/5-year (labor, parts, and compressor) warranty.
- It’s an AC/heater combo
- Ideal for up to 700 square feet
- Built-in 24-hour timer
- 2-year parts 5-year compressor warranty
- Requires 230V outlet wiring
5. Friedrich EP18G33B Window Air Conditioner
- POWERFUL - 15,500 BTUs of cooling power will cool a 700 sq. ft. room
- REMOTE CONTROL - Lets you make comfort adjustments from anywhere in the room
- VERSATILITY - 4 Modes of Operation (Fan, Cool, Money Saver, Dehumidify)
- CONTINUOUS AUTO AIR SWEEP LOUVERS - Automatically oscillate louvers left and right during cooling
- SPECIFICATIONS - 30.3 x 25.5 x 16.9 inches
Chill Series ACs from Friedrich come with multiple ultra-premium features, but without the premium cost. For one, quality and durability are standard. Additionally, the units are easy to install, featuring slide-out chassis and equipped with power cords that can run out of either the left or right side of the unit.
Better still, the EP18 is a powerful 18,000 BTU AC that also works as a supplemental heater (the heater is rated at 12,000 BTU/hour). These values make it ideal for large spaces, up to 1,000 square feet. Other features of the AC include 4-way air-flow, auto-restart, washable filters, and ultra-quiet operation.
The AC comes with standard installation hardware included and is backed by a 1/1/4 year (parts, labor, and refrigeration system) warranty.
- 24-hour programmable timer
- Swing louvers for continuous airflow
- Antimicrobial filter
- Power cord flexibility (runs left or right)
- Most expensive on this list
- Only one-year parts warranty
6. PerfectAire Through The Wall Heat/Cool Air Conditioner
- Your purchase includes One Perfect Aire Thru-the-Wall Air conditioner with Interior trim kit | Wall sleeve sold separately
- Dimensions – 20.5” D x 24.25” W x 14.5” H | Wall sleeve dimensions – 25.5” W x 15.25” H | Voltage – 230V | Highest noise rating – 57 dB | Covers up to – 450 sq. ft. | Temperature range - 62ᵒ F – 86ᵒ F
- Three speeds for both cool and fan modes | Auto, Sleep, Dry and Energy-Saver Modes
- Provides equal, fast and wide-range cooling in all directions | Front-mounted reusable air filter slides out for easy cleaning
- Remote control with built-in room temperature sensor regulates room temperature around remote — allowing remote to become the thermostat
- The PerfectAire 10, 000 BTU through the wall air conditioner includes a supplemental 10,600 BTU electric heater to keep you comfortable all year round
This PerfectAire (Model 3PATWH10002) isn’t as powerful as the first two products on this list. At 10,000 BTU and recommended for spaces up to 450 square feet, it’s smaller both in physical size and cooling capacity.
However, you’ll quickly notice that the Model 3TATWH10002 is also the least expensive product on this list while offering some high-end features. For instance, it’s a dual AC/heater unit with a 10,200 BTU heating capacity.
It’s also a split-filtration system with a “Check Filter” light that ensures your indoor air is safe and healthy. Above all, it’s a remote-controlled model with a follow-me thermostat.
The unit fits all standard and aftermarket sleeves but requires a 230-Volt outlet. It comes with a one-year full replacement warranty.
- A Split-filtration system ensures healthy indoor air
- Remote control increases convenience
- Fits all standard wall sleeves
- One-year full replacement warranty
- Not very powerful at 10,000 BTU
- Requires 230V/20A wiring
- Best for under 450 square feet
7. Frigidaire FFRH1222R2 Compact Slide-Out Chassis Air Conditioner
- Median air conditioner/supplemental heater with slide-out chassis for either window or wall installation (Window mounting kit included). First install the outer cabinet of the AC in the window, then slide the interior of the air conditioner into place.
- 12,000 BTU cooling / 11,000 BTU supplemental heating (Special 230V electrical outlet required - unit will not work with a standard 115V outlet). Noise Level dB (High)- 60.5. Noise Level dB (Low)- 55.4
- Supplemental heat capability provides an additional heat source to your main heat source when outdoor temperatures are above 45 Degree
- For a room up to 550 sq. ft. with dehumidification up to 2 pints per hour, multi-speed electronic controls and full-function remote control
- Auto cool, Energy Saver mode, Sleep mode, 8-way air direction and washable mesh filter with check filter alert. Motor RPM (Med): 1380
- Certifications & Approvals: Safety Certification: UL/CUL (SA11087)|CSA Listed: No|ETL Listed: No|NSF Certified: No|ADA Compliant: No|UL Listed: Yes|ENERGY STAR Certified: No
- General Specs: Max Wall Thickness: 6-1/8"|BrandFamilyFrigidaire: Yes|Product Weight (lbs): 90|Window Width: 26-7/8" - 36"|Window Height: 16-1/2"|Shipping Weight (lbs): 100|Reconditioned: No|Warranty: 1 Year Full/5 Year Sealed System|Annual Cost(.12 / kWH): 110|Refrigerant: R410a|ProductLaunch: NA|Power Type: Electric|Size: N/A|Installation Type: Window Mounted|Collection: Frigidaire
Frigidaire is a well-known manufacturer of residential AC systems and, in the FFRH22R2, they’ve got another very respectable unit. The FFRH22R2 is a three-way AC/Heater/Dehumidifier. It cools at 12,000 BTU/hour, heats at 11,000BTU/hour, and dehumidifies at up to two pints per hour.
Some of the features that stand out about the unit include 8-way comfort control, three cooling speeds, three fan speeds, and three heat speeds. It also features a 24-hour on/off timer that you can use to program your air control.
The unit uses a slide-out chassis that allows for either window or wall installation. A window mounting kit is included.
- 8-way comfort control
- Low-power startup
- Energy Saver mode conserves energy
- Washable mesh filter
- Ideal for smaller rooms (up to 550 Sq. Ft.)
- Only a 1/1/4 year (labor/parts/compressor) warranty
8. Pioneer Air Conditioner WYS012A-19 Wall Mount Ductless Inverter+ Mini Split Heat Pump
- Save money all year-round with a highly efficient ductless mini split inverter+ heat pump system
- Ultra-silent and beautifully built perfect for home or light commercial use
- Comes with every needed component in the box, including an easy-install 16ft copper piping kit
- Use for both cooling and heating: 12000 BTU/hour with 19 SEER and 10 HSPF efficiency
- Free tech support and a 5 year coverage on the compressor
- Voltage 110 120 VAC 60 Hz (standard household power l-n-g)
The 19-SEER WYS012A-19 from Pioneer also works as an AC during the warm weather and as a supplemental heat source during the winter. Additionally, it’s a dehumidifier as well as a ventilator. All these functions can be controlled separately.
You’ll love the large LCD backlit display, attractive front panel, and multi-function wireless infrared remote control function. What’s better, the AC comes with every needed component in the box, including a copper piping kit (16 feet).
Other features of the WYS012A include a 10 HSPF efficiency, ultra-quiet operation, and permanent washable filters. The unit comes with a 2/5-year (parts/compressor) warranty.
- Lightweight at just 19 pounds
- ETL Certified & UL Listed
- 2-year parts warranty
- Uses standard 110/120V outlet
- Best suited for small to medium-sized rooms
The best through-the-wall air conditioner with heat provides an excellent way to remove excess heat from your home in the summer and add supplemental heat to identified rooms in the winter.
They don’t consume a lot of power (electricity) and are extremely efficient compared to other AC options such as window ACs. As long as you get the sizing right and install the unit properly, you’ll enjoy much improved indoor air quality.