Space Heater That Turns On At A Certain Time Reviews
1. Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
The Dr. Infrared Portable Space Heater is one of the most robust, reliable, and powerful devices you can use for supplemental indoor heating. It has a dual heating system comprising an infrared quartz tube and a PTC for adequate heating of large spaces.
Besides, the heater has a powerful inbuilt blower that evenly distributes the heat across the entire room where the heater is placed.
Additionally, you will enjoy using this space heater because of its level of safety. It has the overheat protection feature that prevents fire outbreaks if its internal temperature rises to dangerous levels. The tip-over protection feature cuts off the power supply if the heater falls.
The four caster wheels make it very easy to move your Dr. Infrared Space Heater around the house. However, remember that the wheels tend to get damaged if you roll the heater for a long time or knock its bottom part against hard surfaces.
- The heater has inbuilt safety features, including overheat and tip-over protection
- It delivers full room heating within a short time because of the powerful blower
- Highly portable because of the caster wheels
- The caster wheels get damaged rather quickly
2. PELONIS PHTPU1501 Ceramic Tower 1500W Indoor Space Heater
The PELONIS PHTPU1501 is the perfect combination of performance and design. The heater has a modern design with a white finish that you can use to enhance the interior décor of your living room. You can use the three heating settings to customize this heater’s performance to the heating requirements of your room.
When set on the eco mode, the heater automatically adjusts its performance to your room’s needs without compromising your comfort. You may also toggle between the high and low heating modes according to your needs.
Operating your PELONIS PHTPU1501 is a breeze. You can choose to use either the touch or remote-control features to adjust every aspect of its operation. Both modes of control are entirely accurate and convenient to you, whether you would like to do it from your bed’s comfort or touch the device.
Sadly, the heater easily falls if accidentally knocked because of its tall design and narrow base. The best way of avoiding this is to keep the heater out of people’s way in the home.
- It rapidly provides heat in indoor spaces because it is a ceramic heater
- The heater has three different heat settings for customization
- It is easy to use the heater via the touch or remote-control functionalities
- The heater easily falls when accidentally knocked because of its narrow base and tall body
3. Vornado VH10 Vortex Heater
The Vornado VH10 has several features that make it one of the best space heaters you can use at home. It has a unique vortex air circulation mode of action that ensures even and rapid distribution of heated air across the room. This helps to create and maintain a comfortable environment at home.
Additionally, it is possible to minimize the amount of electric energy that the heater consumes by adjusting the heater to either the low or eco mode. When you set the heater on either of these modes, the level of comfort at home is not compromised.
It is easy to adjust the performance of the heater using the inbuilt thermostat. The thermostat is accurate enough; you can rely on it to maintain your house’s desired temperature.
The only notable drawback of using the Vornado VH10 space heater is that its blower is quite noisy. Although the noise that is produced by the blower is not very loud, it may interfere with your sleep if you use the heater in the bedroom.
- The vortex air circulation mode ensures the rapid circulation of warmth
- You can use the low heat setting to minimize the amount of electric energy that the heater consumes
- The easily adjustable thermostat allows for personalized heating
- The heater is slightly loud when operating
4. CITUS Indoor Ceramic Heater
The Citus Space Heater comes with several accessories that make it a great companion across the year. The heat pipe lets you dry your damp clothes, shoes, or anything else that needs to be dry.
Moreover, the remote control enables you to adjust every aspect of the heater’s performance from the comfort of your seat of bed.
This heater has been designed to be used either for warming up spaces and fanning the air. You can adjust the blower’s mode of operation to either use the heater for warming or circulate the room’s air during hot summer days.
Carrying your Citus Space Heater around the room is not a big issue. The heater has a handle at the back that you can use to move it around the house. Moreover, thanks to its compact design, you will find it easy to lift it.
Although this heater consumes less energy than standard ones, 1,500W-rated, it is not suitable for warming large spaces. You may have to get a bigger heater for heating large rooms.
- It can be used for warming as well as drying
- The heater is very portable because of its small size and a carrying handle
- It comes with a remote control
- Unsuitable for heating large spaces
5. Lasko CD08200 Small Portable Ceramic Space Heater
The Lasko CD08200 is a small but powerful heater ideal for use in bathrooms and any other room in your home. One of its most significant features relates to the ease of using it. It has one large button that is conveniently positioned at the top side.
You can adjust the heating performance of this heater using this button by pressing it accordingly. Pressing the button four times in a row switches the heater off.
Also, your Lasko CD08200 has been designed with advanced safety features. The ALCI plug cuts off the power supply instantly if there is a short. This safety feature is highly beneficial, mainly if you use your heater under the bathroom’s wet conditions.
Although this heater’s compact size can be a significant advantage if you do not want your device to be conspicuous, it comes at a cost.
Your Lasko CD08200 may be accidentally knocked very many times. Luckily, it has a tip-over protection feature that prevents outbreaks of fires if the heater falls.
- Easy control using the large button at the top of the heater
- The three heat settings make it possible for one to customize the performance of the heater
- It is safe to use the heater because of its ALCI safety plug
- It can be knocked accidentally very easily because of its small size
6. Honeywell HZ-789 EnergySmart Electric Oil Filled Radiator
If you are looking for an easy to use and robust heater, then consider the Honeywell HZ-789. It has digital controls that are perfectly positioned to reach and use them without much effort.
The heater has a programmable timer and an adjustable thermostat. You can use the thermostat to select the ideal temperature that the heater should maintain. One can also toggle across three heat settings according to the house’s heating requirements at any time.
Moving the heater around the house is not a big problem. It has four caster wheels that you can use to roll the heater around the rooms for zonal heating. If you would like to carry it, you can then use the handle.
Sadly, you will find the Honeywell HZ-789 quite noisy if you use it in the bedroom or anywhere else where silence is vital. Although the blower does an excellent job of dissipating warm air, it produces a lot of noise.
- It can be programmed for up to 12 hours
- The heater is portable because of the four caster wheels
- The adjustable thermostat and three heat settings are ideal for customizing the performance of the heater
- The heater is slightly noisy
Benefits of Using Programmable Space Heaters
Here are some of the key benefits of using a programmable space heater for providing supplemental heat in your home.
- Saving heating costs. You can choose the exact temperature at which your programmable space heater should operate. Doing this helps you to avoid wasting electric energy running the heater. As a result, using a programmable heater allows you to keep the heating costs down.
- Customized heating. Using a programmable heater helps you to maintain the temperature in your room according to your needs. Therefore, you can use this type of space heater to maintain a comfortable indoor environment.
- It is very convenient to program your heater according to the heating requirements of your home. One does not have to adjust the heater all the time to have a cozy home environment.
Can you put a space heater on a timer? / How do you set an electric heater on a timer?
Yes, you can put a space heater on a timer. Doing this helps you to determine when to have the heater on or off. For example, you program the heater to automatically switch on at night when you are back home from work. The heater can then be set to run for a specific period before automatically going off in the morning when you leave home.
Some space heaters have inbuilt timers that you can use to program their mode of operation. Such heaters are ideal because you can use them according to your heating needs. Besides, having a programmable heater helps minimize the amount of electric energy used for heating the home.
Can you leave a space heater on 24 7?
It is possible to leave your heater on 24/7. Modern heaters have advanced safety features, such as overheat protection and tip-over protection. These features help to prevent the occurrence of fires if an accident occurs when the heater is on.
However, it is advisable not to leave your heater on 24/7. Operating a heater, like any other electrical device, comes with a reasonable degree of risks. It is wise never to leave your heater unattended. This means that you should ideally switch off your heater when you are going to bed or even if you are leaving the room just for a couple of hours. Therefore, you can run your heater 24/7 if you will not leave it unattended.
Can you leave a heater on all night?
Leaving your heater on all night is not advisable. The heater can cause a fire if, accidentally, a material that can easily burn touches it. The surfaces of heaters usually become hot and can cause fires if they encounter fabrics, papers, and plastics.
Additionally, it would be best to leave your heater on all night because the pets may play with it. Pets and children can easily get burnt if they touch the hot surfaces of heaters that are running.
To avoid these and other related risks, ensure that you switch off your heater before going to bed.
Other safety to consider when choosing a space heater.
To enjoy the full benefits of using a space heater, you need to be careful about certain things. Here are a few additional safety tips to consider when choosing a space heater.
- Overheat protection. The overheat protection feature helps prevent fires if the internal temperature of your space heater rises abnormally. Heaters that have this feature automatically go off if the internal temperature gets to dangerous levels. Ensure that you choose space heaters that have the overheat protection feature.
- Tip-over protection. The tip-over protection feature works by instantly switching off the heater if it falls. The chances are that your heater will get accidentally knocked by people going about their business at home. Heaters that have these safety features cannot cause fires if they fall.
How to Correctly Position Your Space Heater
It is necessary to position your heater correctly for two reasons: safety and maximum heating. The following are a few factors that can help you position your space heater correctly.
- Place the heater at least two feet from the wall. Walls have paints that can be damaged by the heat produced by your heater. Ensure that your heater is at least two feet off the wall.
- Keep the heater away from combustible materials. Plastics, fabrics, and paper should be kept as far away from the heater as possible. Such materials can catch fire if they encounter the hot surface of your heater.
- Position your heater to ensure maximum distribution of heat. It is advisable to place the heater at the center of a room. Doing this ensures that the entire room gets warmed evenly.