While there are several ways to prevent excess humidity in your home, one of the best strategies is using the best portable air conditioner for high humidity.
Air conditioners work by blowing cold air into your room, removing both heat and humidity. That explains why these devices work better than dehumidifiers, especially in humid climates. Dehumidifiers only remove excess moisture but don’t cool the room.
However, not all air conditioners work efficiently in a humid climate. The best portable air conditioner for humid climates I have reviewed in this article has a dehumidifying component.
They will be able to keep your room cool as well as get rid of humidity and moisture. They are a little more expensive than other models, so be ready to spend a bit more.
Best Portable Air Conditioner For High Humidity
Do Portable Air Conditioners Remove Humidity?
Absolutely! Portable air conditioners are a great alternative to consider when you want to dehumidify your space. Even if your home has a central AC unit, a portable AC can supplement cooling power when the central AC unit encounters temperature control issues.
For example, your upper floor rooms or bedrooms can get hot and uncomfortable during a hot day if they are not air-conditioned.
Luckily, you don’t require any reconstruction with a portable air conditioner since it offers you the flexibility of moving from one room to another.
Since portable air conditioners cool the air efficiently, they can create a cooler living environment and help lower your home’s humidity levels. Cool air can hold less moisture compared to warmer air. Therefore, even cooling the air alone is one reliable way of reducing humidity.
Which Mode Is Best for AC in Humidity?
The best portable air conditioner for high humidity can offer comfort and convenience during high humid climates. There are three distinct modes included in an air conditioner. They include:
- Cooling Mode – In this mode, your AC turns on the compressor and pushes cold air into the room. However, the compressor immediately switches off when it senses that the desired temperature has been reached. The cooling mode is the most energy-intensive in your AC. The lower you set the temperature, the higher the amount of time the compressor will run.
- Dry Mode – If you live in a humid area, a dry mode is the best option to consider setting on your air conditioner. When it’s a hot day, and you’re practically sweating, this is your go-to mode. It removes extra humidity in your room by cycling the compressor on and off for short periods of time. During this process, the fan is constantly running at a low speed. The compressor’s run-time is adjusted in that when the internal humidity sensor of your AC detects low humidity levels, it will turn off.
- Heat Mode – When you set your AC to heat mode, the unit’s airflow is reversed. Therefore, this introduces hot air inside the room and ejects cold air. The compressor is the one that brings warm air.
- Other modes are included in an AC, such as the auto mode, eco mode, and turbo mode, among others.
Judging by the modes we’ve discussed above, the best mode for AC in humidity is the Dry Mode since it helps to remove extra humidity in your room. It also clears any sweat in your body and dampness in the surrounding room.
How Long Should a Portable Air Conditioner Sit Before Turning It On?
A portable air conditioner should only be allowed to rest for 30 minutes after moving it from one room to another. This also applies to any other refrigeration appliance that you may have in your home.
The main reason for this is that it will allow the fluids to settle into their places properly before you turn on the appliance. There is a higher chance of damaging the appliance or AC if you turn it on too soon. Therefore, it’s important to adhere to this recommendation strictly.
Is It Worth Buying a Portable Air Conditioner for High Humidity Areas?
Yes, it’s worth buying a portable AC in high humidity areas. However, consider supplementing it with a dehumidifier to have the best efficiency. This doesn’t necessarily mean that a portable AC cannot get the job done.
When you set your air conditioner to Dry Mode, it can do a better job of removing extra humidity in a room and providing you with a comfortable environment. Also, unlike air conditioning systems, portable ACs should be vented in a way. They pull in warm air, cool it, and then expel it out of the room.
Do You Have to Empty Water Out of a Portable Air Conditioner?
The simple answer is no – you won’t have to keep on emptying water from your portable air conditioner. This is mainly because, in most cases, your portable AC won’t need to be drained. Some portable air conditioners use a condensation exhaust system that collects water vapor during the dehumidifying or cooling process.
The release of this moisture is done through the exhaust hose together with the hot exhaust air. However, when the conditions are extremely humid, the collected water doesn’t exhaust faster, which may fill the internal water reservoir.
When such a case happens, your AC unit will shut off automatically to prevent overflowing the internal tank. This is the only time you will have to drain your AC’s internal water tank.
If you don’t want to empty your AC unit manually, consider using a self evaporating portable air conditioner.
Sizing Portable Air Conditioners
The size of air conditioners is indicated in terms of BTUs. The higher the number of BTUs, the more influential the air conditioner is in cooling the air. You should select the right air conditioner for your building.
Using an air conditioner with insufficient air-cooling capacity will result in high energy costs and poor indoor air quality. Similarly, choosing an air conditioner that has excess capacity will be a waste of resources.
Several factors determine the proper size of an air conditioner that one can use. Primarily, the area of the room in which you intend to place the air conditioner is critical. Larger rooms require air conditioners with higher BTU values than smaller rooms.
Second, the ceiling’s height influences the number of BTUs that you need to sufficiently cool the air in the room. Standard rooms with 8-feet ceilings require fewer BTUs than rooms with ceilings that are higher than 8 feet.
In practice, you will need an air conditioner with a BTU rating of 14,000 to adequately cool a room that measures up to 500 square feet and has a standard 8-feet ceiling height. 13,000 BTUs will be enough for a room that measures 450 square feet and has a standard ceiling height of 8 feet.
A small air conditioner with a BTU value of 8,000 will be enough to cool the air in a standard room that measures 200 square feet.
Portable AC Energy Usage
Although it depends on how you use your portable AC, you are bound to see an increase in your energy use. Therefore, this is why you need to consider buying an energy-efficient portable air conditioner to avoid high electricity bills.
BTU vs. ASHRAE: Portable AC’s Have New Energy Guide
ASHRAE or ANSI standards is a new framework for indicating the cooling capacity of single-hose and double-hose air conditioners. The new framework was developed and implemented by the Department of Energy. Other bodies that were involved in the development of the new framework include the FTC.
The basis of implementing the ASHRAE standards was to ensure that users enjoyed maximum air quality in the indoor environment with minimal health hazards. Thus, there was a need to ensure that air cooling devices have their proper performance indicators labeled to guide buyers and users.
The new standards framework considers a few important measures. Notably, the Seasonally Adjusted Cooling Capacity of the device is factored into the final air-cooling capacity. This measure represents the average performance score of a device when testing under a broad range of conditions.
Another important addition is the Combined Energy Efficiency Ratio. This factors in the amount of energy that the device uses when it is running normally and what it consumes when it is set on standby mode.
Modern air conditioners have the ANSI or ASHRAE ratings indicated beside the traditional BTU rating. This lets users accurately determine the performance capacity of the air conditioners.
Is the AC you want to buy easy to install? If it is, then that’s a good choice. However, if you’re not sure, it’s best to ask, and while at it, ensure you find out whether there are clear instructions provided on how to install it in your room.
Tips for Using a Portable Air Conditioner
Here are important tips to help you get the best from your portable air conditioner.
- Proper venting. Ensure that your air conditioner is vented to the outside. Venting to another room or an empty area may lead to the air inside your house remaining hot and humid even when the air conditioner is running. This is because the air conditioner’s improper venting causes the warm and humid air to flow back into the room.
- Proper positioning. Ideally, place your air conditioner in the middle of a room. This approach lets the air vents effectively and evenly distribute cool air around the entire room where the air conditioner is placed.
- Switching it on early. To get the best from your air conditioner, switch it on early enough. This gives the device the much-needed time to cool the air in the house to the required temperature. Modern portable air conditioners have programmable timers. You can use the timers to set the device to start working a few hours before you get home.
Portable Air Conditioners Maintenance
Portable air conditioners require minimal maintenance procedures. When properly installed, these devices can remain functional for several years. However, you will have to carry out a few important procedures to keep them in excellent shape.
- Cleaning and replacing the filter. Portable air conditioners come with special filters for keeping the dust away from your home. The filters are usually washable and reusable. You will have to remove the air filters, wash, and reinstall them back to the device twice per month.
- Removing the condensate. If your air conditioner does not have an automatic condensate removal system, you will have to use a bucket or pipe to remove it. The amount and frequency of work involved depend on the dehumidification capacity of your air conditioner.
- Occasional cleaning of your air conditioner helps to keep it in good shape. Remember to concentrate on sensitive areas where dirt can quickly accumulate and cause problems. The most obvious areas are the vents.
Best Portable Air Conditioner For High Humidity
1. Whynter ARC 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
- AWARD-WINNING: Good Housekeeping's 2023 "BEST OVERALL PORTABLE AIR CONDITIONER Provides powerful cooling over large areas
- POWERFUL & QUIET: 14,000 BTU (ASHRAE) / 9,500 BTU (SACC) cooling capacity; Noise level (dBA): <56
- ADVANCED SELF-EVAPORATION: Dual hose operation; Cools up to a 500 square foot space (ambient temperature and humidity may influence optimum performance); Patented auto drain function fully exhausts all condensate automatically in most environments; Dehumidifying capacity: 71 pints per day; Air Flow (at high speed): 430 m3/h / 253 CFM; 3 fan speeds
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL & ENERGY SAVING: Three operational modes: Cool, Dehumidify, and Fan; Full thermostatic control (61°F – 89°F); Maximum power consumption: 1300 W / 11.6 A; Power supply: 115 V / 60Hz / 1 Phase; Eco-friendly CFC free Green R-32 refrigerant
- EASY TO SETUP & PORTABLE: Extendable exhaust hose (up to 60″) 5.9" diameter; Window kit dimension: 6.5″ W x 20″ L (minimum), 46″ (maximum); Unit dimensions: 19″ W x 16″ D x 35.5″ H; Activated carbon air filter and washable pre-filter
The Whynter ARC is an award-winning portable air conditioner that cools down rooms faster than other portable AC units. It features dual hose operation, and it can cool a room of 500 square feet. This air conditioner’s dehumidifying capacity is 71 pints per day, and the airflow at high speed is 430 m3/h or 253 CFM.
There are 3 fan speed modes in the AC, including Dehumidifier, Air Conditioner, and Fan. Another benefit of this air conditioner is that it’s eco-friendly, plus it has an extendable exhaust hose.
The Whynter ARC portable air conditioner offers mobility and efficiency, and it serves as an ideal solution to keep a small space cool.
This unit is suitable for bedrooms, offices, server rooms, or small rooms of up to 500 sq ft. It also has advanced auto drain technology that uses and recycles moisture collected during the cooling process to produce air. Thanks to the dual hose operation, it will offer you a fast cooling experience in your space.
- Easy to use
- Easy to assemble
- It improves air quality
- It comes with 3 operational modes
- Excellent design and performance
- Terrible technical support
- The outside cover is made from cheap plastic
2. Honeywell MN12CESBB Portable Air Conditioner with Fan & Dehumidifier
- [POWERFUL, SAFE & DEPENDABLE] Cools rooms up to 400-550 sq. ft. Thermal Overload protection for added safety & peace of mind.
- [EASY INSTALL & MAINTENANCE] Washable Filter designed to protect from dust & hair to extend product life & performance. Filter cleans easily under a faucet for easy maintenance. Full set window kit included for quick & easy installation for vertical and horizontal windows (Max. hose length is 4 feet).
- [DESIGNED FOR COMFORT] Enjoy simple digital control with 3 fan speeds, 24 hour energy saving timer & remote control included
- [3-IN-1 APPLIANCE] Powerful cooling in the summer, Dehumidifier for humid days (removes up to 66 pints/ 24 hours with continuous drain option for long unattended operation), Fan circulates air for everyday comfort.
- 12000 BTU (ASHRAE-128 Standard) / 6500 BTU (DOE+ 2017 Standard).Exhaust Hose Diameter: 5 inch
Honeywell MN12CESBB is one of the best-selling portable air conditioners on the market. It has a sleek design, and the 14,000 BTUs is ideal for spot cooling and dehumidifying rooms between 550 to 700 square feet.
As you have realized, the best portable air conditioner for humidity must have a dehumidifying mode. This unit has more than that. It has a dehumidifier that removes up to 95 pints of moisture per day and a fan-only mode that circulates air in the room to remove room stuffiness on those days where air conditioning isn’t necessary.
Since water always builds up inside a portable air conditioner, it’s mandatory to drain it periodically, which is a daunting task. However, this unit has a built-in continuous draining system, which means you don’t have to worry about collecting the water manually.
Honeywell MN12CESBB is also feature-packed. It has a programmable timer, easy-to-touch controls, digital display, air filter, and adjustable louvers. However, the most game-changing feature is the thermal overload protection that protects the unit in the event of overload or phase failure.
While Honeywell MN12CESBB is one of the best air conditioners you can buy with the assurance of a reliable unit, it’s expensive, so most people couldn’t afford it.
- Offers spot cooling for large spaces.
- Continuous drainage systems, so no maintenance is required.
- Easy to install and operate
3. Honeywell HL10CESWK Portable Air Conditioner, Dehumidifier & Fan
- Stylish, powerful & dependable - cools rooms 350- 450 square feet. Thermal overload protection for added safety & peace of mind. Automatic vertical wind motion helps distribute powerful cool air evenly for fast & consistent cooling
- Dual filters designed to protect from dust & hair to extend product life & performance. Filters clean easily under a faucet for easy maintenance. Full set window kit included for quick & easy installation for vertical and horizontal windows (max. Hose length is 4 feet)
- Designed for comfort with 3 fan speeds, sleep mode, digital controls, 24 hour energy saving timer & remote control with digital display included
- Stress-free auto evaporation – no bucket to empty (except in areas with high humidity). built-in dehumidifier removes up to 80 pints/24 hours with continuous drain option for long unattended operation
- 10000 BTU (ASHRAE-128 Standard) / 5500 BTU (DOE+ 2017 Standard)
- Voltage: 115 volts
I know Honeywell MN12CESBB is quite expensive, and not many people may be willing to spend $500. So, I have reviewed the next cheaper alternative, and that is the Honeywell HL10CESWK.
While it’s small and stylish with sleek white and black colors, Honeywell HL10CESWK is still powerful and reliable. It’s the perfect solution for summer heat as well as humid air.
It provides 10000 BTUs that is capable of cooling spaces between 350-450 square feet. It also dehumidifies your space quickly, removing up to 80 pints of moisture in a single day. If the weather is milder and you don’t want to crank the ac, turn on the fan-only mode with 3 speeds and let it circulate air in the room.
This portable air conditioner for the humid climate is easy to install and operate. All the accessories you need for installations are provided, and a window bracket accommodates both double-hung and sliding windows from 26.6 to 49.6 inches.
After installation, take advantage of the digital LED display and a full-function remote control to set your desired temperature. If you want to save energy, the 24-hour timer will allow you to schedule the turn on and off whenever you need to cool or stop cooling your room.
- Cools and dehumidifies
- Washable electrostatic filters
- Bucket full indicator
- Automatic air vents
- Powerful airflow with quiet operation at only 52dB
- Digital LED display and a full-function remote control.
- It’s wide and heavy
4. MIDEA MAP08R1CWT 3-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner
- EASY COOL - The Midea Portable Air Conditioner, ASHRAE rating 8,000 BTU (5300 BTU 2017 SACC standard) delivers fast, effective cooling for spaces Up to 150 square feet while simultaneously providing fan and dehumidification functions in any home, bedroom, office or cabin; creating a relaxing and comfortable environment.Controller type:android,ios.Air Flow efficiency:277 CFM. Amazon Alexa Compatible-No .Sound Performance (sound pressure hi low) : 51.5, Cooling Watts : 850 W
- EFFORTLESS OPERATION - Enjoy the simplicity and comfort of digital controls. The portable AC features an easy-to-read LED display and includes a compact remote control (batteries included) to easily set the time, temperature, and mode, from across the room. Its 24-hour adjustable timer can cool a room to a temperature between 62°F-90°F and has 3 modes to choose from - cooling, dehumidification, fan only.
- EASY INSTALLATION: Roll your air conditioner to the preferred cooling area, attach the 5ft hose and adjustable window brackets (fits openings from 26.5-48“), turn the unit on and let your cooling begin. An exhaust hose and window kit are included, no extra tools are needed for assembly. Installation instructions are simple and can be done by anyone.
- WASHABLE AIR FILTER - To provide clean cool air, we designed a removable and reusable air filter to protect your family and living space from dust and pet hairs. We recommend you clean the filter every week of operation in order to extend the life and performance of this unit.
- WORLDWIDE - Midea is the world’s largest provider of air conditioning products. As a testament to our dedication to quality, we offer a one year parts and labor on this product
This MIDEA MAP08R1CWT 3-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner delivers fast and effective cooling for rooms of up to 150 sq ft while still offering fan and dehumidification functions in any home, or cabin, bedroom, or office. Therefore, it’s a portable air conditioner that delivers nothing but a relaxing and comforting environment.
The portable AC offers an effortless operation, thanks to the simplicity and comfort of the digital controls. The features are quite easy to read from the included LED display, and with the compact remote control, you can easily set the time, temperature, and mode you want.
Aside from the remote control feature, you can also take advantage of the 24-hour adjustable timer to cool your room. The temperature range can be between 620F to 900F. There are also three modes to choose from, which include Cooling, Dehumidification, and Fan Only.
Additionally, there is a removable and washable air filter to protect your family and living space from dust or pet hairs. Therefore, if you’re searching for the best portable air conditioner for high humidity, the MIDEA MAP08R1CWT 3-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner is an ideal option to consider.
- Easy to install
- It cools faster
- Remote control
- Timer and energy saver
- Sleep mode
- It may encounter leaking issues
- Unreliable fan
5. LG LP1419IVSM 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
- ULTRA QUIET OPERATION - Revolutionary DUAL Inverter technology gives powerful yet silent performance, operating at sound levels as low as 44dB in sleep mode.
- 40% MORE ENERGY EFFICIENT - DUAL Inverter technology provides cool temperatures with up to 40% more energy savings.
- CONTROL YOUR COOL FROM ANYWHERE - LG ThinQ Technology lets you control your LG air conditioner from anywhere. You can start or stop cooling, change the mode, or set the temperature while on the go. It also works with Amazon Alexa and Hey Google so you can change settings with simple voice commands.
- AUTO SWING AIR VENT - Enjoy every bit of cool air with our oscillating air vent technology that circulates your cool air more efficiently.
- COOLS ROOMS UP TO 450 SQ. FT. - LP1419IVSM is ideal for cooling medium rooms (18' X 25')
If you want an AC that can cool rooms of up to 500 sq ft, consider using the LG LP1419IVSM 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner. This portable AC comes with a remote control feature and one Windows installation kit that make it easier to install in your home. Its dimensions are 19.41″ W x 30.43″ H x 18.11″.
Energy efficiency is another factor that makes this air conditioner excellent to use in high humid areas. It features the dual inverter compressor, which provides cool temperature and uses up to 40 percent less energy.
With the LG ThinQapp, you can control the air conditioner from anywhere using your smartphone, Amazon Alexa, or Google Assistant.
The installation kit that comes with the LG LP1419IVSM 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner enables easy storage and installation. Other features include the multiple fan speed, sleep mode, auto-restart, 24-hour timer, and removable, washable filter.
It has a 3-in-1 operation, and the cooling mode is suitable for powerful cooling and dehumidifying on hot days. The fan mode circulates the air, while the dry mode can be suitable for damp or rainy days.
- It features dual inverter technology
- Easy to install
- User-friendly panel
- Remote control
- Removable, washable filter
- Not durable enough
- Poor design
- Leaks water
6. Amazon Basics Portable Air Conditioner
- Remote controlled, rolling plug-in air conditioning unit cools and dehumidifies rooms up to 400 square feet; 10,000 BTU (ASHARE -128 Standard) / 5500 BTU (SACC - DOE 2017 Standard)
- Easily exhaust hot air through a window with the unit’s expandable outtake hose; venting kit with sealing, side panel leaf covers, bracket, and instructions included
- Rolling caster wheels and easy-grip side handles enable convenient, easy portability
- LED light display with full-function remote control (remote batteries not included); includes 3 speeds, 3 cooling settings, and automatic timer
- Fits standard windows and can be customized for non-traditional windows such as crank and egress
- Adjustable directional fan levers to control and customize air flow for maximum circulation
This remote-controlled, portable air conditioning unit can cool and dehumidify a room of up to 550 sq ft. It is a 14,000 BTU air conditioner that easily exhausts hot air through a window by its expandable outtake hose, venting kit, side panel leaf covers, and bracket. There’s also an included manual with instructions on how to use the Amazon Basics Portable Air Conditioner.
Moving the AC won’t be such a difficult task, thanks to the caster wheels and easy-grip side handles that make it easier for you to move and reposition the unit conveniently.
The LED light display and full-function remote control also make it easier to use this air conditioner, plus it also has 3 speeds, 3 cooling settings, and an automatic timer.
The Amazon Basics Portable Air Conditioner can perfectly fit standard windows, but you also have the option of customizing the unit for non-traditional windows like egress and crank. The adjustable directional fan levers enable you to control and customize the airflow to have maximum circulation.
- Remote control
- LED light display
- Easy to install
- Easily customizable
- Adjustable directional fan levers
- Unable to provide continuous evaporation
- Poor design
7. Rollibot ROLLICOOL Portable Air Conditioner
- POWERFUL COOLING: 14K BTU quickly cools rooms up to 375 sq. ft. Can pull up to 2.91 liters of water from the air per hour (79 liters/day) to combat humid, muggy days.
- COOLING POWER OF VOICE: Use Alexa (sold separately) voice commands to control your Rollicool with a library of Alexa skills. Intuitive, easy-to-use app also available.
- DUAL-BAND WI-FI SUPPORT (2.4GHz & 5GHz): Connect the A/C unit to your home wi-fi network and control from anywhere with an internet connection. No Internet? No problem! Simply use Bluetooth to control your COOL.
- EASY TO SETUP, EASY TO USE: Comes with everything you need to get cool in minutes, incl. window kit and washable air filter. Smooth-glide 360° caster wheels to easily move the AC unit from room to room.
- WORLD CLASS SUPPORT: Protected by a One-Year Limited Warranty and backed by an American company. Have questions? Simply contact our expert customer support specialists via email or phone.
The Rollibot ROLLICOOL portable air conditioner is Wi-Fi-enabled. This means you can use either a simple app on your phone or voice control via Alexa or Google Assistant to operate this device. These options offer one a high degree of convenience when running this air conditioner.
Installing this air conditioner should be a big deal if you have the necessary skills to get portable air conditioners up and running. It comes with a complete installation kit that you can use to vent it through the wall or the window.
Once this process is done correctly, your air conditioner will be ready for use. As is the case with all types of portable air conditioners, remember to vent it outside correctly. This simple precaution will enable you to get the most out of your device.
You will have to mind the base of this air conditioner. Its relative narrowness exposes the air conditioner to accidental falls in case a person knocks it. It may be wise to ensure that the air conditioner is placed in a location that people do not frequent in their daily businesses.
- The air conditioner is Wi-Fi-enabled for your convenience
- Easy installation by venting either through the window or the wall
- It has a refrigerant that is friendly to the environment
- The base is relatively narrow
8. TCL 14P31 Portable Air Conditioner
- 3-IN-1 FAN, AC, AND DEHUMIDIFIER: Choose the perfect mode to keep your room cool, clean, and dry without ever needing to empty a bucket with our self-evaporating design.
- POWERFUL COOLING CAPACITY: The 14,000 BTU portable air conditioner is powerful enough to cool rooms up to 350 sq. ft. and features multiple fan speeds that allow you to choose your level of comfort.
- SET UP IN MINUTES. MOVE AROUND IN SECONDS: With the simple and easy installation kit, set up your portable AC unit in minutes using the included hose and window kit. Weighing only 66 lbs, the portable AC features handles and wheels for easy movement from room to room. (Size: 14.56 x 17.61 x 28.15 inches)
- COMFORTABLY QUIET: Thoughtfully designed to not disturb you, this ac unit noise level is as low as 51 decibels so you can enjoy serene cooling in peace.
- EASY AND CONVENIENT CONTROL: The LED display makes controlling your portable air conditioner simple while the included remote lets you effortlessly control the unit without ever leaving the couch.
- KEEP YOUR ENERGY BILL LOW: The 24-Hour Timer and Sleep Mode help to keep your energy bill low while you stay comfortable.
- PROTECT YOUR AC FROM DUST & PET HAIR: The washable and reusable filter helps protect the life of your window AC while also reducing large airborne particles like dust and pet hair.
- RESTARTS AUTOMATICALLY: Auto-restart mode ensures your AC unit turns on automatically to provide comfort even after a power outage.
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Use your quiet portable air conditioner in the bedroom, living room, utility room, dining room, basement, nursery, dorm, office, or where needed.
The large LED display panel found on the side of this air conditioner makes things easy for you. You can monitor the changes that you make and ensure that the air conditioner operates at the precise level according to your needs at any time.
The digital controls complement the LED display panel to ensure that one can tailor the air conditioner’s performance to their preferences.
It is easy to use this air conditioner because of the kind of filter that is included. Washing the filter is an easy process. You simply slide it out of the device’s compartment, run it through clean water and reinstall it.
The air filter effectively prevents dust and other small and unwanted particles from making their way into the air in the room.
- Easy-to-use digital controls and a LED display panel on the side of the air conditioner
- It has a washable and reusable filter
- The air conditioner has a powerful air-cooling capacity of 14,000 BTUs
- The installation process is slightly complicated, particularly for someone who has little experience
9. De’Longhi PACN135EC 3-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner
- MULTI-FUNCTION FOR MAXIMUM COMFORT: This powerful 3-in-1 unit features cooling, dehumidifying and a fan, cooling rooms up to 550 sq. ft.
- PORTABLE COMFORT AND EASY SET UP: Sets up in minutes with no tools required. Built-in caster wheels and integrated handles allow you to move it easily from room to room (unlike window units)
- LOWER ENERGY BILLS: By cooling only the room you’re in, you can raise your thermostat and lower your energy bills right from the start
- NO DRIPS, NO LEAKS: No-drip technology automatically recycles condensation within the unit, helping to prevent any type of leaks. (Draining may be required in highly humid climates)
- FULL FUNCTION REMOTE: Comes with a full-function remote, featuring an LCD display to control all of its settings, including the adjustable thermostat, 3 fan speeds, mode selection and a 12-hour on/off timer
The De’Longhi PACN285GN has some of the most notable features you would expect to find in a modern portable air conditioner. This device has three distinct functions: cooling, heating, and dehumidifying the air.
When set on the default mode, this air conditioner can remove large amounts of moisture from the air indoors. Also, it has a wide temperature range of between 61 degrees Fahrenheit and 90 degrees Fahrenheit. This lets you tailor the device to your needs.
You do not have to worry about leakages when using this air conditioner. It has modern technology that ensures all the condensate forms from the air are immediately removed from the device. This technology saves you from having to use buckets or pipes to drain the condensate.
Modern and highly energy-efficient air conditioners have an EER of at least 11. The De’Longhi PACN285GN has an EER of 12, which means that it effectively utilizes power.
- The device has three distinct functions
- This device has an innovative no-drip feature that ensures immediate removal of condensate
- The air conditioner has a high EER of over 12
- The timer has a relatively narrow span of only 12 hours
10. JHS 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
- YOUR COMFORT CHOICE: With 10, 000 BTU fast cooling capacity, this unit cools an area up to 300 sq. ft. that is perfect for small space, such as bedroom, kitchen, dormitory, office and garage.
- MULTI-FUNCTION APPLIANCE: Air conditioner, 2-speed fan and dehumidifier, 3-in-1 appliance. The built-in dehumidifier removes up to 50. 7 pints of moisture per day. Keep your room cool and dry.
- PORTABLE TO MOVE: Non-permanent installation. Equipped with all-direction stainless castors and a handle on the top, allows the air cooler to roll freely from room to room.
- CONVENIENT TO USE: Features with 24 hours programmable timer and 61°F - 88°F adjustable thermostat. Plus an intuitive design remote control and LED digital display panel make it easy to change all the settings from across the room.
- QUICK INSTALLATION: Only takes you 5-10 minutes for quick installation with the exhaust hose and window kit included. Any difficulties, please do not hesitate to contact JHS support team.
The JHS Portable Air Conditioner has large louvers on the side that you can adjust vertically. Adjusting the louvers lets you change the speed and direction of flow of the cool air that the air conditioner releases when operating. You can take advantage of the adjustable louvers to carry out zonal cooling if you use the air conditioner in a large area.
You will find it easy to move this air conditioner from place to place if there is a need for doing so. The device has a handle and caster wheels. These let you move the air conditioner quickly by rolling it using the wheels or carrying the device using the handle.
This device is suitable for use during very humid days. It can remove up to 50.7 pints of water every day. More so, the air conditioner automatically removes the condensate, thus saving you the trouble of connecting pipes.
This air conditioner does not have a double-hose ventilation system. Air conditioners with a single-hose ventilation system, like the De’Longhi PACN285GN, create negative air pressure in the house.
- The louvers are adjustable vertically for adequate air circulation
- The air conditioner has a handle and wheels for mobility
- Extraordinary dehumidification capacity of 50.3 pints per day
- The air conditioner uses a single-hose ventilation method
11. SereneLife SLPAC Portable Air Conditioner
- HANDY AND PORTABLE: The SereneLife Portable Air Conditioner System features a lightweight, handy, sleek body design intended to be used in the bedroom, living room or garage at home or office. It features rolling wheels for easy portability.Construction Material : Engineered ABS Housing
- 3 OPERATING MODES: The compact floor AC indoor cooler conditioning unit features a simple electric plug in operation and has 3 modes - cooling, dehumidifier and fan. Also features automatic swing mode w/ moving wind vent for maximum air circulation
- BUILT-IN DEHUMIDIFIER: you don’t only get the cooling effect of the portable AC but also helps reduce humidity levels, a huge financial and space saving!
- REMOTE CONTROL: Features a digital touch button control panel which includes the power, mode, timer, temperature and fan speed settings. Other functions such as unit selector (°C/°F), sleep key can be adjusted using the included remote control.
- 8000 BTU COOLING POWER: with 900W rated power and 8000 BTU (ASHRAE) / 4,000 BTU (SACC) cooling power, the cold air can cover a room of up to 350+ sq. Ft. ! air flow is rated at 290 M3/hr. , moisture removal/dehumidifier at 1. 2 liters/hr. W/ an operating noise level of only 55-57 dB
If you are looking for an air conditioner with a compact design and effective performance features, the Serene Life SLPAC may be the right device for you. It is compact and has caster wheels that complement its lightweight nature.
You will find it easy to move this air conditioner from one room to another. The only problem is that you will have to disconnect the window kit and carry the pipes to the other room for installing the venting mechanism either through the window or the roof.
The remote control and large digital buttons make things easy for you. The remote control fits into your palm perfectly. You will enjoy using it to control every aspect of the functionality of this air conditioner. The digital controls let you make precise changes to the air conditioner.
This air conditioner instantly cools the air in mid-sized rooms. It has an airflow value of 290 cubic meters per hour. This is enough to create and maintain a cozy environment in living rooms, bedrooms, and mid-sized offices.
- Lightweight for enhanced portability
- It has a remote control and digital touch buttons
- High airflow of about 290 cubic meters per hour
- Relatively low EER of 11
There are many factors to consider when purchasing the best portable air conditioner for high humidity. However, the first time you buy and start using it, you’ll be glad you made that move. You don’t have to endure high humidity during the hot summer season – you can stay comfortable with a portable air conditioning unit.
If you have any feedback or questions to ask, you can write them in the comments section below. You can also reach out to me through email, and I’ll be happy to respond.
If you’re looking for cheaper portable AC options, consider the following reviews