Using an outdoor air conditioner for patio is a great way to have the experience you desire – spending time with your family. Also known as outdoor evaporative coolers, these units are patio cooling option that creates a nice, cool breeze in the summer heat.
But there are many outdoor cooling systems available on the market, making it difficult to choose one that’s ideal for your space. Like any other air conditioner, you have to consider the size of the space you want to cool before selecting the best outdoor air conditioner.
Therefore, in the article, I have put together a list of the best patio air conditioners to help you make an informed decision and beat the heat this season.
6 Best Outdoor Air conditioners For Patio
1. Honeywell 525-729CFM Indoor Outdoor Portable Evaporative Cooler
- Product Dimensions: 18" W 13.8" D 33.7" H | Product Weight: 24.9 lbs
- Recommended for areas up to 320 sq. ft.
- Backyard BBQ's, pool parties, relaxing on the porch, garden or deck—an outdoor evaporative air cooler beats the summer's heat and keeps the good times rolling.
- US Compliant, Outdoor-Rated Honeywell Swamp Cooler with UV resistant material & GFCI cord for safe outdoor operation.
- Built to cool large spaces with minimal effort! Top loading ice compartment with a continuous water hose connection & triple-sided Honeywell Honeycomb Cooling Pads means powerful evaporative cooling all day long.
- Like a cool, lake breeze, Evaporative Air cooler reduces temperature through water evaporation. Moist, cool breeze can cool you down without spraying floor & furniture with water!
- Built-to-Last, Honeywell Air Coolers have been leading the industry with their quality products for over 12 years.
The Honeywell CO60PM is a powerful outdoor cooler equipped with a large 15.9-gallon water tank that provides hours of cooling for spaces up to 850 square feet. With an airflow of 1540 CFM and oscillating louvers, this unit ensures your area cools fast and evenly.
It has a continuous water supply connection with a built-in overflow protection system so that you can leave it connected to any standard water hose for long periods without fear of water overflow.
It also has a waterproof and weather-resistant exterior that will hold up during extreme outdoor conditions like heavy rain or strong sunlight.
In addition to that, it has a 3-side honeycomb cooling media that ensures the airflow spans a wide area. This way, you will not have to huddle on one side to feel its effects. It also has durable wheels so you can move the unit wherever you need it with ease.
- It has a large water tank (15.9 gallons)
- It has a continuous water supply connection for non-stop cooling
- It has an ice compartment for an extra cool breeze
- Triple-sided honeycomb cooling media
- Powerful 16-inch fan blades
- It has a weatherproof and UV resistant exterior.
- It has no air filter.
2. Hessaire 3100 CFM 3-Speed Portable Evaporative Cooler
- PORTABLE - 4 heavy duty locking casters for cooling home, patio or workshop spaces up to 950 square feet
- COMPACT YET POWERFUL – 37x17x24 inches; 3, 100 Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM); 3 fan speeds and oscillating louvers to ensure even distribution, wide coverage and comfort
- EASY TO OPERATE & SIMPLE TO MAINTAIN – 3 simple rotary controls allow the fan (Off, Hi, Med, Low), pump (On, Off) and oscillation motor (On, Off) to be controlled independently
- MANUAL & CONTINUOUS FILL – Utilize the Continuous Fill option by attaching a household hose with the included float adaptor, eliminating the need to manually watch and fill the water tank
- SUPERCHARGED, ECONOMICAL COOLING – 3-sided rigid high-density cooling pads for increased evaporative surface area generating cooler air
- Power source type: Corded Electric
- Voltage: 115 volts
- Wattage: 250 watts
- 3100 CFM
The Hessaire MC37V is an ideal cooling option for your pool area, patio, or grill. This outdoor cooler features a 10.3-gallon water tank and can churn out about 3100 CFMs of cold air enough to chill spaces up to 950 square feet.
It has three vented sides with high-grade Xel50 padding that ensures the cold air reaches as much space as possible without resistance and static pressure.
This way, you won’t have to sit on one side of the cooler to feel cool. The cooling pads are also removable and washable, which keeps the unit functioning at its best.
This unit operates quietly, producing only 59decibels on its highest setting, which is no louder than a normal conversation. It also features a low water alarm that sounds when the water reservoir is empty, thus protecting the cooler’s pump from damage.
The Hessaire MC37V also features a GFCI plug that cuts the electrical current whenever it detects an alternate electrical pathway. This feature makes the Portacool cooler safe for outdoor use.
- It has three-sided cooler padding for sufficient cooling
- It has dual water fill options
- It has a programmable timer
- The GFCI plug makes it safe for use in wet settings
- Low water detection technology
- Easy-to-use manual controls
- Operates quietly
- This unit lacks germ protection.
3. Portacool PAC2KCYC01 Cyclone 3000 Portable Evaporative Cooler
- Lowers temperatures up to 30-degrees Fahrenheit
- Unit's energy efficiency and use of no harmful chemicals makes it
- Made up of durable one-piece, rust-free, leak-proof molded polyethylene housing
- Convenient 3/4-inch water hose connection for longer running
- Shipped completely assembled and ready to operate, right out of the box
The Portacool PAC2KCYC01 Cyclone 3000 Portable Evaporative Cooler produces 3,000 CFMs of cold air, powerful enough to cool spaces up to 700 square feet. It has a centrifugal air delivery system that pushes air at a forceful 37 mph to lower temperatures by as much as 30 degrees in a very short time.
This cooler has a water adjustment valve that you can engage whenever the humidity rises or falls to control water flow. Furthermore, it has an automatic shut off feature that turns off the unit when water in the reservoir reaches a certain level.
This Portacool outdoor cooler also features dual water filling options and adjustable louvers that you can use to direct the airflow where it is needed.
It has heavy-duty caster wheels so you can move the unit to wherever you want with ease, even on uneven ground.
- Dual water refill options
- It has a water flow adjustment valve
- It has a large 16-gallon tank
- Low water shut off
- It can be used outdoors, indoors and in semi-outdoor spaces
- It has a powerful centrifugal air delivery system
- 1-year warranty on parts and a 3-year warranty on the motor
- It does not have a timer.
4. MasterCool MMBT14 Portable Evaporative Cooler
- Cools up to 800 sq. ft.
- 11 Gallon tank capacity 2 fan speeds, & 1/2 HP motor
- Steel cabinet, heavy duty (lockable) casters & adjustable air vents
- Optional water hose connection
- UL Listed & built in USA of domestic and imported parts
The Mastercool MMBT12 is an innovative evaporative cooler perfect for cooling patios, deck spaces, garages, and workshops.
This unit cools up to 800 square feet at 1,145 cubic feet per meter. It has polyester media pads that help trap dust and other large particles to keep the unit performing at its best.
This Mastercool unit also features a 1/3 HP motor and a 4-way directional grille with adjustable vents that ensure cool air gets to where it is needed.
It has analog controls that make operation easy, and heavy-duty casters and handles which increase the unit’s portability.
This swamp cooler has dual water fill options. You can use the continuous fill option for when you want to run the unit for long hours without worrying about refilling the water tank, or you can fill the 8-gallon tank manually if you’re going to cool your space for a short while.
- It has polyester media pads that trap dust and other particles
- Four cooling directions
- It has two water fill options
- It is eco friendly
- It does not have a water level indicator.
5. Keystone 40-Liter Indoor/Outdoor Evaporative Air Cooler
The Keystone KSTE9721002-GRY has a 10.56-gallon water reservoir and churns out up to 706 CFM in areas with 60% humidity or less. It can cool spaces up to 1200 square feet making it the ideal choice for your patio, pool area, or garage.
This swamp cooler has two water fill options for extra convenience. You can use the continuous fill option if you intend to run the unit for a while without constant refill interruptions.
If you require cooling for a short while, you can manually fill the 40-liter water reservoir to your preference using the water fill indicator at the front to guide you.
It also has easy-to-use mechanical controls that allow you to change between three cooling modes, and adjustable louvers that ensure your space cools evenly.
The integrated side handles, coupled with the durable caster wheels allow you to move the cooler from place to place with ease.
The Keystone KSTE9721002-GRY also has an exterior drain which you can use to thoroughly empty and dry the water tank before storage.
- It has dual refill options
- It has adjustable louvers
- It has a large water reservoir and powerful airflow
- It has a programmable timer
- It has a water level indicator
- It has a GFCI safety plug.
- It lacks germ protection.
6. KoolKube AZ39MA 2900 CFM 3 Speed Mobile Air Cooler
The Koolkube AZ39MA outdoor evaporative cooler offers your space instant relief from the summer heat. It has a nylon fan blade that can push 2,500 CFMs of cool air into spaces up to 900 square feet, making it ideal for use in barns, garages, shops, even warehouses.
It comes with a 10.5-gallon water tank and can run for up to four hours without refilling when the tank is full. It also features a 1/5 horsepower engine and four heavy-duty caster wheels that allow you to move it from one space to another without leaving marks on your floor.
This Arizona outdoor cooler has a polypro resin cabinet that won’t rust, and media pre-filter screens that keep the air clean and ensure the cooling pads last longer. Furthermore, it is equipped with PCB-fused switch protection for extra safety.
- 1/5 horsepower engine
- Cools spaces up to 900 feet
- It has a durable polypro resin cabinet
- It has PCB-fused switch protection
- It has dual water fill options for convenience
- 2-year factory warranty on parts
- It is loud.
Patio air conditioners represent a great way to spend quality time with your family and friends in your outdoor space without worrying about the hot summer heat. While most of the options I have reviewed can only be used outside, they will make the environment comfy as you enjoy the time together with your loved ones.
Hopefully, this outdoor air conditioner for patio has allowed you to narrow down your options. Most of these units are a little heavy, but they are still easy to carry around.