Although some people take pleasure in the ambient hum of appliances, most of us find it hard to ignore. Noisy air conditioners can hinder productivity, disrupt sleep, and, more regrettably, impact people’s health. That said, I believe there’s no better reason why you shouldn’t grab the quietest 8000 BTU Window Air Conditioner.
Research shows that about 75 percent of all US households have air conditioning in some form. Although most of these homes rely on central air conditioning, millions of people still rely more on room air conditioners to cool specific areas of their homes. For such users, getting the quietest ACs is one of their primary shopping factors.
For more clarity about the 8000 BTU Window Air Conditioners currently in the market, read out our exhaustive reviews below.
Other things to Consider When Choosing the Quietest 8000 BTU Window Air Conditioner
Now that we’ve acquainted you with the top quietest BTU window air conditioner reviews, it’s time to know the factors to consider before buying your best product.
This section details a well vast buying guide that includes tips for selecting a quiet window air conditioner.
Read through to know the features and performance of your choice.
The compressor is a vital part of the air conditioner that effectively maintains the cooling refrigerant. It incorporates a motor that drives out the hot air by pumping in the cool air through the AC.
However, it is the loudest part of the AC. Therefore, go for an inverter-type AC since it is the quietest.
The inverter AC allows you to adjust the fan speed, thus flexible in noise reduction. Furthermore, you can turn to an automatic mode that allows your fan speed to adjust according to the cooling requirements.
A well-insulated AC minimizes the noise that passes to the environment. It integrates a muffler that acts as a sound blanket. Moreover, the AC has a strip of insulation installed between the unit and the window for noise and vibration reduction.
Otherwise, the noise disturbance also depends on your room’s insulation. If you have a well-ventilated room, you’ll realize less noise, and you can increase the BTU by only 10%, but if the room is poorly ventilated, then increase the BTU by 30-40%.
The rate of power consumption determines the efficiency of an air compressor. Those that consume more power are less efficient and are always larger.
A more efficient air conditioner is small in size. However, please don’t go for an undersized air conditioner as it won’t cool the whole room.
Rather, choose an AC with energy star certification as they have a CEER rating from 8 to 12. Therefore, an AC with a minimum CEER rating of 8 is energy efficient, so that’s what you’ll need to save extra power costs.
The CEER rating calculates the power consumption of an AC while in operation and when plugged in but not in operation.
Since you’ll be installing your AC inside the window, you must select one whose size fits properly. Ensure you get the dimension of your window before making a purchase.
However, most ACs nowadays are made to be compatible with standard single or two-fold hung windows. In case you prefer to mount your unit on the wall, look for a room with enough open space on the wall.
An AC must have a fan that instills the system’s cooling by driving out hot air and moving in cool air. The good part is that a fan that runs slowly always produces less noise. While the bad part is that slow fan speed cools the room slowly. So, the trick is to pick an AC with the right capacity to cool your room while maintaining the lowest fan speed.
1. Friedrich 8000 BTU – Energy Star CP08G10B Chill Series Room Air Conditioner
Friedrich Air Conditioning Co. Chill Series, CP08G10B Air Conditioner combines power, quality, and efficiency in providing users a cool, comfortable environment.
With 8,000 BTUs of cooling power, this unique piece can cool rooms up to 300 square feet. It can either be wall-mounted or window-mounted, depending on your preference level.
What’s more, we love that this piece offers ultra-quiet operation as it is designed to cut operation noise to a minimum, giving you the luxury of enjoying peaceful nights.
With this unit, you are guaranteed to experience the coolness of energy star air conditioning across your entire residence.
It automatically oscillates its louvers left and right, ensuring you feel the coolness everywhere. Besides, it’s energy-efficient, effortless to handle, and equipped with a programmable timer setting essential in managing energy use while reducing costs. This unit will cool and dehumidify your home even under extreme conditions!
- High-quality product
- Easy to use
- Works great
- Doesn’t rattle
- Extremely quiet
- Excellent warranty
- The short warranty period on parts
2. TOSOT 8,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner
With multiple years of experience in researching, manufacturing, and designing window air conditioners, this piece was made with a level of precision you’d only expect from an Italian sports car or a fancy Swiss watch.
It’s designed to be relatively quiet while cooling down your room. It features a sleep mode function that you can use to adjust your room temperature throughout the night to an optimal sleeping temperature.
Additionally, its stylish, modern design can perfectly blend with your existing décor. Besides, this piece is effective at cooling your room and helps you save more on utility bills.
It’s UL-approved to meet the highest safety standards for use in your home and around your loved ones. It can cool spaces up to 350 sq. ft and comes with fan-only and dehumidifying modes. It’s highly proficient!
- Safe and efficient
- Incorporates multiple wind directions
- Relatively easy to operate
- Readable instructions
- Quick delivery
- No setbacks yet
3. LG LW8016ER Window-Mounted Air Conditioner
By opting to install this sleek, stylish, compact air conditioner in your home, you can expect continuous cooling during hot summer days.
This 8,000 BTUs unit can be window-mounted to cool rooms up to 340 square feet. Its energy saver function and 24-hour on/off timer help you save more on utility bills. It enlists three fan speeds to give you more control over airflow.
Moreover, it features an auto-restart function, so when high wind or heat waves cause a power outage, it automatically turns back on when power returns.
The stylish full-function remote allows you to adjust the temperatures to your comfort across the room freely. Beat the heat; stay comfortable, cool, and happy with LG LW8016ER 8,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Remote Control Air Conditioner!
- Incorporates 4-way Air Deflection
- Relatively relatable
- Super quiet
- Easy to assemble
- Includes a thermostat
- Cools rooms pretty fast
- It might not be the most durable
4. MIDEA MAW08R1BWT EasyCool Window Air Conditioner
Gone are the eyesores of yesterday, with their ugly designs that messed up your interior decorating skills. Today, inventions like MIDEA EasyCool Window Air Conditioner have brought bright life and comfort to every home.
Its intuitive remote control design and LED digital panel make it easier for you to change all the settings from across the room.
Additionally, it boasts a 3-in-1 technology that combines dehumidification, air conditioning, and fan-only modes that relentlessly work together to maximize the comfort of your home.
It provides fast and efficient cooling and dehumidification perfect for rooms up to 350 square feet. It’s effortless to install and doesn’t require significant modification to the existing window frame. This is the real deal!
- Provides efficient operation
- Quickly cools down your home
- Requires zero effort to operate
- It is eco-friendly
- Barely audible
- Excellent quality
- No setbacks yet
5. Frigidaire FFRS0822S1 Heavy-Duty Slider Casement Window Air Conditioner
If you’re looking for a perfect solution for cooling a room up to 350 square feet, Frigidaire FFRS0822S1 8000 BTU Air Conditioner should be your entry point.
This piece is intently designed for use with casement or sliding horizontal windows. Besides, it enlists ready-select electronic control that allows you to select options with the touch of a button. The full-function remote gives you the freedom of controlling temperature and fan speed from across the room.
Similarly, its multi-speed fan incorporates three different fan speeds for cooling flexibility, and 4-way air direction control ensures air is directed right where you want it.
It’s also equipped with a washable filter with front, tilt-out access that captures dust from the air, providing you with a cool, healthier environment. With this piece, you can stay cool and happy on hot summer days!
- Works as advertised
- Perfect for narrow windows
- Fairly quiet
- Cool rooms faster
- No dents or scratches
- Easy and straightforward installation
- Slightly pricey
6. TCL 8W3ER1-A 8,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner
Featuring a strong cooling power of 8,000 BTU, this exquisite piece is designed to cool rooms up to 350 sq. ft. It enlists multiple fan speeds and a quiet airflow to let you choose your level of comfort. It’s thoughtfully and specifically designed to offer you quiet operation, letting you enjoy a serene sleep.
Additionally, this unit is Energy Star Certified and features eco and sleep modes, keeping your energy bill low while ensuring you stay comfortable always.
The sophisticated vents make it easier for you to customize the direction of airflow right where you need it. Besides, it enlists an LED display that makes controlling your AC simpler and a remote that lets you effortlessly control the unit across the room.
- Easy setup
- Improves air quality
- Extremely quiet
- Conserves energy
- Powerful cooling capacity
- Few complaints about horrible customer service
7. Koldfront WAC8001W 8,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner with 3,500 BTU Heater
Talking of power, efficiency, quality, and simplicity, the Koldfront WAC8001W 8,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner has all that figured out.
This 8,000 BTU is powerful enough to cool rooms up to 350 sq. ft. It doubles as a heater offering a 3,500 BTU heat function with included heat strip. It enlists three fan speeds and four-way directional vents that let you control the direction and flow of air.
Similarly, it’s energy-efficient as it offers several energy-saving features such as thermostat-controlled operation, energy saver mode, check filter light, and sleep mode.
It boasts a handy check filter that consistently reminds you when it’s time to clean your filter. With this piece, you’ll have the best experiences that you and your family deserve!
- Incorporates multiple energy-saving features
- Includes a 2-year warranty
- Works great
- Comfortably quiet
- Fast and convenient shipping
- Great efficiency
- A bit heavy for some
8. Emerson Quiet Kool EARC8RSE1 SMART Window Air Conditioner
Embrace a resourceful, window-mounted heating and cooling solution with the Emerson Quiet Kool EARC8RSE1 8,000 BTU 115V SMART Window Air Conditioner.
It’s thoughtfully designed for rooms up to 350 square feet. It’s equipped with Wi-Fi and voice control that makes it easier for you to monitor and control your AC with your Smartphone closely.
Moreover, it’s an Energy Star unit and uses less energy, saving you a reasonable amount of money on utility bills. Its additional convenient features include three speeds, a 24-hour on/off timer, electronic controls, and flexible cooling options.
It’s surprisingly backed up with a 1-2-5 year warranty, so you can trust that this unit is built to last. This brand works with Google Home devices, Alexa, and Amazon to ensure you stay comfortable always!
- Simple to use
- Wi-Fi and voice-control enabled
- Excellent warranty
- Relatively quiet
- Works as advertised
- Quite pricey
9. Frigidaire FFRE0833S1 Window-Mounted Mini-Compact Air Conditioner
This easy-to-install Frigidaire 8,000 BTU 115V window-mounted mini-compact air conditioner is an ideal cooling solution for your home or office.
With 8,000 BTU power, this piece can effortlessly cool rooms up to 350 square feet. Besides, its low power start-up and operation feature relatively helps you save more on utility bills.
What’s more, it enlists an effortless temperature sensing remote control that allows you to see, set, and maintain room temperature across the room comfortably.
Its ready-select electronic controls make it easier for you to set the comfort level to your preference. Besides, its clean air ionizer removes pollen and impurities from the air providing you with a clean, healthy environment.
- Multiple unique features
- Quickly cools up the room
- Safe and energy-efficient
- Super quiet
- Compact enough
- Works great
- Slightly heavy
10. Midea U Inverter Window Air Conditioner 8,000BTU
Our well-endorsed list couldn’t be complete without this lovable piece. It achieves over 35% energy savings compared to its counterparts.
Besides, its U-shape blocks the cooling system’s noise making it nine times quieter than its counterparts. That said, you can binge your favorite shows or, perhaps, get restful nights without getting disturbed.
Additionally, its U-shape design also allows your window to stay open, bringing fresh air into your home anytime while allowing you to maintain your view.
This piece is Wi-Fi enabled for smart control, meaning you can use android or Midea Air App to control it from anywhere. Besides, robust installation is included that supports the unit with the window open or closed. It’s highly competent!
- Offers smart control
- Strong and quick cooling
- Extremely quiet operation
- Robust installation
- Works as expected
- Great quality
- The installation process isn’t fairly easy for some users
Air conditioning in the summer is essential, especially if your room gets extremely hot or live in a warm, humid climate. If you want to cool a small space or your home doesn’t have ductwork, you can try different ACs, including the best 8000 BTU window air conditioner.
These units are suitable for rooms between 250 to 350 square feet. And since you must choose the right size window ac for your room, you can select any of the models I have reviewed below, and it will cool your small bedroom, office, or basement with windows.
While all these units have the same 8000 BTU cooling capacity, they’re different in terms of price, features, and energy efficiency. I have researched the top options and qualified them in terms of efficiency, price, and other features you might find user-friendly.
If you want the quietest models with same cooling capacity, check the quietest options.
Best 8000 BTU Window Air Conditioners
Is 8000 BTU Air Conditioner Good?
Yes! An 8000 BTU air conditioner is good but only for a room of maximum size 350 square feet. Suppose you place this AC in a larger room than that, it might not be effective.
Another thing that makes this air conditioner suitable is its portability and energy-efficiency. It can help you save on electricity costs, and carrying it wherever you’re going isn’t such a hassle. Below are its pros and cons.
- Cools rooms of size 350 square feet
- Easy to install
- Consumes high energy
- Produces hot air
How Big of a Room will an 8000 BTU Cool?
It is essential to note that having an air conditioner with a large BTU means you can use it in a large room. An 8000 BTU air conditioner can cool a room of 350 square feet, which is better than a 5000 BTU air conditioner.
If you happen to have a larger room than the mentioned size, this air conditioner won’t be as effective as you want. Therefore, that’s one of its drawdowns that you need to keep in mind.
8000 vs. 10,000 BTU Air Conditioner
The British Thermal Unit (BTU) is the amount of heat needed to raise one pound of water temperature, at or nearly 39.2 degrees Fahrenheit by one degree Fahrenheit. Therefore, a 10,000 BTU air conditioner can cool a larger room than an 8000 BTU AC.
A 10,000 BTU air conditioner cools a large room faster than the 8000 BTU air conditioner. That means if you were to choose between either of them, the 10,000 BTU AC could be an excellent option to consider.
To clarify the difference, an 8000 BTU air conditioner can cool a room of maximum size 350 sq. ft, while a 10,000 BTU air conditioner can cool a room of maximum size 450 sq. ft.
Is 8000 BTU Enough for a Bedroom?
Yes! An 8000 BTU air conditioner is suitable for a bedroom. You need to know that an AC is suitable for a bedroom provided the room is not too large for the air conditioner to be rendered ineffective.
If your room is in size range of 100 to 350 square feet, then an 8000 BTU air conditioner is a superb option to use. This AC can perfectly cool rooms within that size range, but it’s only limited to that. If your bedroom is larger, you would need to consider an AC with a larger BTU number.
How Much Does an 8000 BTU Air Conditioner Cost?
The price of air conditioners varies from one brand to another. Therefore, it may be hard to know how much an air conditioner costs unless you conduct proper research.
From what we’ve gathered so far from the market, we can say that an 8000 BTU air conditioner can cost between $250 on the low end to $350 on the high end. It all comes down to the features, efficiency, and brand pricing of the air conditioner.
How Much Electricity Does an 8000 BTU Air Conditioner Use?
An 8000 BTU air conditioner consumes more electricity than a 5000 or 6000 BTU air conditioner. The average cost of using an 8000 BTU air conditioner is $0.11 per hour, which means if you run it for 8 hours a day can amount to $26.4 per month in electricity costs.
The best way to minimize the air conditioning electricity costs is to use it a few hours a day, especially only when you need it most, instead of letting it run the entire day or 24/7.
How Many Watts Does an 8000 BTU Air Conditioner Use?
An 8000 BTU air conditioner uses approximately 667W to 1000W of electricity. This range is a bit higher than the one used by the 5000 or 6000 BTU air conditioners.
However, this is mainly because the 8000 BTU AC can cool larger rooms than the 5000 or 6000 BTU air conditioners.
How Many Amps Does an 8000 BTU Air Conditioner Use?
The 8000 BTU air conditioner uses between 5.8 and 8.7 amps. To calculate the number of amps an air conditioner uses, you have to change the BTU to electrical power in watts and then change the watts to electrical current in amps.
Here are simple equations to properly do this:
BTU = EER divided by the electrical power in watts
Once you’ve gotten the results, the next equation will be:
P (watts) = V (Volts) * I (Amps)
To find out how many amps an air conditioner needs, below is the equation:
I (Amps) = air conditioner capacity in BTU divided by (EER * V)
Can You Use a Window Air Conditioner Inside?
No, it’s not recommended to use a window air conditioner inside. Just as their name states, a window air conditioner is specially designed to use in a window and not inside.
Running a window AC inside a room will only heat it and reduce humidity. Since a window AC unit is an air-to-air type of air conditioner, it cannot be entirely used in a room.
Can You Run a Window Air Conditioner without a Window?
No. Window air conditioners are only designed to work mounted on a window. They remove warm air and water as the byproduct of the cooling process, which means there isn’t any way of redirecting these things if you try to use this AC unit outside a window.
Can You Leave a Window Air Conditioner on 24/7?
Yes! You can leave your window air conditioner running 24/7 since it won’t cause any harm other than hiking your electricity bill.
Some experts say that it’s okay to run an air conditioner 24/7, but the drawdown of this is that it puts too much strain on it, which is not recommended. Or you can just pick the low-wattage air conditioners.
The best option is to avoid running your AC 24/7 because it ends up damaging it faster than running it for only a few hours a day.
If the summer weather is too hot even during the night, consider the alternative of using a fan or dehumidifier instead of fully relying on your AC to cool the room.
Best 8000 BTU Window Air Conditioners Reviews
1. LG LW8016ER Window Air Conditioner
- Low Nosie Performance: operates at sound levels as low as 53dB (in low mode) eliminating unnecessary noise
- Multiple Fan Speeds:3 cooling and fan speeds with Auto Cool allow you to customize your cooling
- Maximum Usability: Easy to use electronic controls with remote
- Cools up to 350 Sq. Ft.: LW8016ER is ideal for cooling medium rooms (14' X 25')
The LG LW8016ER is a window air conditioner capable of cooling spaces up to 340 square feet. With 8,000 BTUs cooling power, this window AC is ideal for bedrooms, offices, and even studio apartments.
It has three energy-saving features that keep it performing at its best while saving you big bucks on electricity bills. The energy saver mode runs the fan periodically to check the temperature, only turning the compressor on when the heat exceeds what you set.
The programmable thermostat allows you to set precise temperatures between 60-86 degrees. An adjustable timer lets you program the unit to turn on or off up to 24 hours ahead of time.
Not only is this 8,000 BTU window air conditioner efficient, but it’s also designed for easy and customizable use. It provides cooling, dehumidification, and ventilation functions to keep your living space in a condition that suits you best.
You can easily switch between these operation modes and other settings on the front board control panel, or you can use the included remote control from wherever you are in the room.
The LG LW8016ER fits easily into window spaces between 22-36 inches wide, and the LG patented gold fin anti-corrosion coating provides a protective shield that ensures your unit lasts longer.
- It has washable filters.
- 3-in-1 functionality
- Auto-restart feature in case of a power outage
- Quiet operation with sound levels as low as 52dB
- Full installation kit included
- One-year limited warranty.
- It doesn’t include a wall sleeve
- It has no intrusion protection.
2. MIDEA MAW08R1BWT Window Air Conditioner
- 3 IN 1 COMFORT - The Midea EasyCool Window Air Conditioner unit has three modes to help your house, apartment, office, or room be as comfortable as possible. It can cool a space up to 350 sq. ft. quickly, circulate air with its 3-speed fan, or reduce humidity utilizing the dehumidifier mode.Controller type:Remote Control.Air Flow efficiency:196.47 CFM.core material : Copper
- ENERGY EFFICIENT - The EasyCool window air conditioner is Energy Star certified to help save you money throughout the year. There are also multiple custom settings to help you be even more energy-efficient like Eco mode and an EasyTimer feature to program a schedule that fits your needs.
- QUIET & EASY TO USE - This window AC unit is quieter than a household refrigerator. The intuitive LED display and remote control (batteries included) allow easy setting of time, temperature, and mode from across the room. The removable and reusable air filter protects your family and living space from dust and pet hairs.
- EASY INSTALLATION - Install easily in your home or apartment's existing window frame (23"-36"x14"). All mounting accessories are included. A screwdriver is required (but not included) for installation. For some window frames, pilot holes are recommended before installing screws. Installation instructions are simple and setting it up is a breeze.
- WORLDWIDE LEADER - Midea is the world’s #1 air treatment brand with a motto to help make customers feel at home with each of their products. As a testament to our dedication to quality and our customers, we offer one-year parts and labor warranty on this product.
The Midea MAW08R1BWT Easycool Window AC is the perfect addition to your home if you need quick and efficient cooling during the summer. With 8,000 BTUs of cooling power, this unit is ideal for spaces between 300 -350 square feet, making it perfect for your home, office, or apartment.
This versatile unit provides air conditioning, dehumidification, and ventilation functions to give your space the perfect indoor climate. It also comes with a remote that allows you to change between functions and program other settings from anywhere in the room. The remote, together with the digital LED display on the onboard panel, makes operation easy even in the dark.
This unit has a fan with three fan speeds to keep you as cool as you want and four fan directions that ensure even cooling for all corners of your room.
The Midea MAW08R1BWT is easy to install, and its expandable panels fit in several window types with spaces between 23-36 inches wide and 15.5 inches high without significant modifications. All mounting accessories (except a screwdriver) come with the purchase.
- It features a sleep mode to save energy
- It has a washable filter with easy access
- It has a 24-hour programmable timer and a thermostat
- Three fan speeds
- Four fan directions
- Expandable panels for the perfect fit
- 1-year limited warranty for parts and labor.
- It doesn’t have a heat function.
3. Frigidaire Energy Star Window Air Conditioner
- Multi-Speed Fan: Features three different fan speeds, for more cooling flexibility.wattage : 670 watts.Filter Type : Easy-to-Clean Washable Filter
- Programmable 24-Hour On/Off Timer: Customize times to fit your schedule for immediate comfort when you get home. The built in timer allows you to preset the unit to turn on and off in half hour increments
- Effortless Temperature Control: Our air conditioners maintain the preset room temperature, so you will remain comfortable at all times
- Sleep Mode: Maximum comfort throughout the evening hours with the added benefit of energy savings. With Sleep Mode, the temperature gradually increases a few degrees over the evening
- Remote Control: Allows you to precisely control the temperature and fan speed from across the room
- SpaceWise Adjustable Design Optional Side Panels: With the Adjustable Side Panels, the side panels will extend to best fit your window
- Easy-to-Clean Washable Filter: Capture dust from the air and keep your dehumidifier working efficiently with our easy-to-clean washable filter
- Power Cord: Comes with an extra long three-prong cord — makes extension cords unnecessary
- Compatible with our mounting bracket (B0872XNZP3) and side panel (B0872Y4MCL). These accessories are sold separately
The Frigidaire FFRE083WAE is a powerful compact air conditioner perfect for rooms up to 350 square feet. It operates quickly and quietly to cool your room without keeping you awake at night or interfering with normal conversation during the day.
It has a 24-hour programmable timer that lets you set the unit to turn on or off based on your schedule. This feature ensures that your home stays cool and comfortable at all times without the risk of your electricity bills running up.
It also has an automatic restart feature that lets the unit resume operation with all previous settings whenever there is a power surge or outage.
This Frigidaire unit has washable antibacterial filters that are easy to access for maintenance and reduces room odors to give you a healthier indoor environment. It also has a maintenance alert that notifies you when your filter needs cleaning when you forget to check.
The Frigidaire FFRE083WAE also has adjustable side panels that extend to fit your windows, making installation easy without significant adjustments to the window frame.
- It has a washable antibacterial filter.
- Remote controlled
- Low power start-up
- Has 6-way airflow directions
- Three fan speeds
- Quiet operation
- Energy-star certified
- 1-year warranty for parts and labor
- Can be a bit loud when the fan is on to high speed
4. TOSOT 8,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner
- QUICK COOLING: Give your hot room the cold shoulder. TOSOT 8,000 BTU Window Air conditioners are best for spaces up to 350 sq. ft. If your space has high ceiling, an open floor plan, or a lot of traffic, you may want to consider sizing up.
- MODERN DESIGN: This ain't your grannie's Window AC. Gone are the eyesores of yesterday, with their ugly metal grilles messing up the flow of your interior decorating skills. Bring the art gallery to your home by installing this sleek, minimalistic air conditioner in your living room window.
- 1 PRODUCT, 3 USES: At TOSOT, we want our products to solve as many of your problems as possible. That's why we're giving you three products for the price of one! This is not only a Window Air Conditioner, but also comes with modes for fan-only and for dehumidifying.
- SMART TEMPERATURE CONTROL: On most air conditioners, the thermostat is located on the unit itself. TOSOT Air Conditioners uses a thermostat is located on the remote, meaning your AC will cool your space based on the temperature around your remote (which is probably close to you, right?)
- SAVES YOU MONEY: TOSOT Window Air Conditioners are Energy-Star rated, making them better for the environment and your wallet. Everyone may not agree on climate change, but the one thing we can all stand behind is lower utility bills.
The Tosot 8,000 BTU window AC works best in spaces up to 350 square feet. It is an affordable appliance that combines three functions to solve as many of your indoor climate issues as possible. In addition to cooling, this unit also provides ventilation (fan-only mode) and dehumidification functions.
It has a smart remote control with the iFeel function that allows the AC to use a thermo-sensor on the remote to determine how long this unit operates. The remote will send readings back to the AC in 10-minute intervals to let it know how hard it should run.
This Tosot unit runs quietly, and you can enable sleep mode to adjust the temperature to match your body’s heat throughout the night. This way, you will not have to deal with choosing between cool comfort and high-quality sleep.
The Tosot 8,000 BTU unit also has a sleek and minimalistic design that doesn’t clash with your interior decor.
- Performs three functions in one
- It has a 24-hour programmable timer
- Has a remote control with a built-in thermostat
- Energy star rated
- It has a sleek and modern design
- Easy to install
- Operates quietly
- This unit does not have a heat function.
5. Della 8000 BTU Window Air Conditioner 48-TL-WAC8K
- THIS ITEM IS NOT FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA
- [COOL YOUR SPACE] This 8000 BTU 115V/60Hz window air conditioner is powerful enough to quickly cool rooms up to 350 square feet.
- [CONVENIENCE DESIGN] This window AC unit includes a remote control and a user-friendly LED control panel. Two ways to adjust temperature more convenience and easily.
- [QUIET OPERATION] A decible limit enables low volume operation equivalent to a quiet conversation.
- [COMPACT SIZE] Measuring only 18.58"W x 15.59"D x 13.31"H, it's easy to add this unit to any space.
The Della 048-TL-WAC8K Window Air Conditioner churns out 8,000 BTU cooling power to cool spaces between 300-350 square feet. In addition to air conditioning, this unit has ventilation (fan-only mode) and dry functions with a dehumidification capacity of 51 pints per day.
This unit operates quietly, producing only 60dB(A) at the highest fan speed, almost equal to the sound level of an average conversation between two people in a quiet room.
Other features include variable temperature settings from 61℉ – 88℉ and a 24-hour timer that allows you to preset the time needed for the unit. You can easily switch between operation modes and AC functions using the remote control from anywhere in the room.
It also has an easily accessible, washable, and reusable air filter that makes maintenance easy. You can clean it with warm water and dish soap or a vacuum cleaner. ( Ensure that the filter is completely dry before reinstalling it into the AC.)
The Della 048-TL-WAC8K installs easily in window spaces from 23” to 36” wide and 14.5 inches high. A complete set of mounting accessories come with the purchase.
- Easy to install
- Performs three functions in 1
- Variable temperature settings from 61℉ – 88℉
- Has washable and reusable filters for easy maintenance
- Energy star rated
- 1-year warranty
- Can be a bit loud when the fan is on high speed.
6. TCL Energy Star 8,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Air Conditioner
- Energy star qualified: 12.1 eer
- 8, 000 btu air conditioner for window-mounted installation
- Cools a room up to 350 sq. Ft. With up to 2.07 pints per hour dehumidification|
- Modes include cool, dry, fan and auto
- 3 cooling speeds, 3 fan speeds, plus 24-hour on/off timer
If you’re looking for energy efficiency, then the TCL TWC-08CR/UH window air conditioner is the perfect addition to your home. With an 8,000 BTU cooling power, this unit can service spaces up to 350 square feet. It also has a dehumidification capacity of 2.1 pints per hour to keep you indoors less soggy.
This unit has several energy-saving features. In eco mode, the unit conserves energy by turning off the compressor when the room reaches the desired temperature, only turning it back on when the heat rises above what you set. It also features a sleep mode and a 24-hour on/off timer.
In addition to that, the TCL TWC-08CR/UH has auto protection technology that allows the unit to detect errors and display them on the front panel automatically.
This way, you can take action to rectify the mistakes before your appliance gets damaged. Also, the unit will shut down if it detects any abnormal operating conditions to prevent damage (self troubleshooting)
- It has a 24 hour on/off timer
- It has auto protection and self troubleshooting technologies
- It has washable filters and a “clean filter” alert.
- It auto restarts in case of a power surge
- 8-way air louvers ensure even cooling
- Energy Star qualified (12.1) EER
- The unit is too noisy
- It is non-returnable after purchase.
While there are many quality quietest 8000 BTU window air conditioners on the market, it’s not always easy to choose one that’s right for your needs. It’s important first to consider your room size and then consider other features you might find friendly.
Keep in mind that the more features a window ac has, the more expensive it is. However, don’t be discouraged because even models with mechanical controls still work efficiently.